Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

'Yes we did': Barack Obama lifts America one last time in emotional farewell

37 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

Don't tread on me. We all get that. It is the only way to live in the end, but it should not be the first course of action. JMHO

B/A

We're past the first course of action.  This has been brewing for decades and this administration has been portraying its self as the good guy, this administration has not brought peace to the land, if anything it has brought division to the core of every being... no more!!!! for it has awaken the people, is it to late, who knows, but understand that evil thrive on fertile grounds and if we continue to allow it to grow, there will be no future for our grandchildren or their children.  I would rather fight the fight with discouraging words, offensive words, and most of all with GOD's words, then with bloodshed. 

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Theseus said:

The problem with this statement is that is actually false. Especially the the fourth one. Employers want the "dream" candidate and would rather a position go unfilled than put someone in there that probably could do the job given the chance. Employers still think it is an employer's market and not an employee market. They seek out candidates who meet their list of requirements and if a single requirement is not on the list the resume goes into their "file 13" holder. This fallacy that no one wants to work actually is not true when you have companies that we all believe are American hire foreign firms and employees and put out of work the American workers. An example of this is the Disney Corporation in which they recently let go of many of their American workers, told them to train the new people from India or they would not get a reference or severance pay. With companies becoming more and more disloyal to their employees, it isn't a matter of whether they want to work but whether or not the Company will be able to provide the right benefits they need. I was recently at a job interview where the recruiter said I had all the skills and knew I could do the job but I didn't have the requirement of having an official title in that position. I have also bee on the telephone with recruiters and I have said the dreaded D-word and have been hung up on, never called back after feigning interest or told any number of excuses from the company chose to go another direction (they resubmitted the job description the next day) to we chose someone else who had 6 more months of experience than you had. All of these companies repeated the narrative that no one wanted to work while they cut hours and benefits. Or had workers work crazy after hours. I quit a job and the employer told me that I did not have permission to leave the job site. This has become common attitudes of employers to make their workers stay. They believe because someone cannot find another job they are willing to take the brow beating that employer doles out. This was a company I wanted to work for since 1997 and would never work for them again. They employer once told me I should be grateful for them to give me a job. Needless to say I don't work there anymore. When employers ask for the alphabet soup of requirements, you have to wonder if they really know what they really want, I am all for working but I am not going to sell my soul to the company store to work for them. I do have to note: I do not need to work, I want to work. I can walk out of a job and still have income coming in where most cannot. 

I certainly will not disagree on most of your statement. I have personal experience with being told "If you don't like it, there are a hundred people who will take your job", I've been told "you are too old", I've had management tell me "we can do it cheaper overseas". And as mentioned earlier, companies are offering less and less. My point was, if unlike you, someone needs to work, jobs are available. Volkswagen is hiring. Fed-X is hiring. Many companies are hiring. It may not be the job you want. Perhaps you don't want to drive a truck, or work in a factory. But if you need to feed your family you can get work.

I don't like conglomerates and quit my last job when the family owned company was sold to a giant.  I usually deal with small businesses and those are the people who can not find good help. I stated that millennials were the worst. That is because most think they should start at the top, and those who are less ambitious stand around looking at their phones. Their problem is that social media comes before reality, before doing the job.

B/A 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

Well I tried...

Jax, there's at least part of your answer. I've tried to be nice and reason with 'ol sarge, but she has her mind set. That is her right. I was hoping to have her understand she might have a chance the way the wind blows. Perhaps she has tried and has come to the same conclusion that I have with her. Time to stop trying. We all have that right.

In simple terms, I'll use this example. Remember I said simple.

My neighbor's dog came over last night and tore up my trash spreading throughout the yard. Do I first go and beat his dog and then beat him up? Do I pick up the trash and not mention it to my neighbor? Do I talk to him about the issue to see if it can be resolved?

JMHO

Your thoughts. Anyone?

As for my desires for humanity. Well. I think most people do share the desire for a better humanity. As for solutions, many have been tried and most have failed. That is the problem with humanity. It's not perfect. There will never be a time when every individual will take total and complete responsibility for themselves. It will not happen. That concept too, is idealistic. The human-kind is made up of "those who do and those who do not". This is not liberal or conservative, it is human nature. Unless we live in a totalitarian society, this problem will continue. Thus, humanity will continue searching for a solution. Do I have it? Nope.

B/A

I think you answered the question without really realizing it!  The answer is in Individual decision making... and in that, it will occur in infinite forms and conclusions, BUT unique and perhaps exclusive to each, respectfully... WITH only the HOPE that ALL of those individual conclusions collectively feed our country's fabric for goodness and prosperity.  THAT is the Constitutional default.  THAT is my participation... therefore, my solution.  THAT is all I can desire and expect, as I have no desire to "direct" or "control" others.  In that, it is possible for me (and anyone else) to be fulfilled.  But yes, the problems will always be there, and always continue... that's life, and that's the acceptable alternative to totalitarianism.  I'd rather live "half a life" free... than a "full life" enslaved.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, patrickgold said:

We're past the first course of action.  This has been brewing for decades and this administration has been portraying its self as the good guy, this administration has not brought peace to the land, if anything it has brought division to the core of every being... no more!!!! for it has awaken the people, is it to late, who knows, but understand that evil thrive on fertile grounds and if we continue to allow it to grow, there will be no future for our grandchildren or their children.  I would rather fight the fight with discouraging words, offensive words, and most of all with GOD's words, then with bloodshed. 

Thanks for your answer. I think a lot of people agree with your sentiment and are angry. But I also like your last line. It shows character.

B/A

1 minute ago, Jaxinjersey said:

I think you answered the question without really realizing it!  The answer is in Individual decision making... and in that, it will occur in infinite forms and conclusions, BUT unique and perhaps exclusive to each, respectfully... WITH only the HOPE that ALL of those individual conclusions collectively feed our country's fabric for goodness and prosperity.  THAT is the Constitutional default.  THAT is my participation... therefore, my solution.  THAT is all I can desire and expect, as I have no desire to "direct" or "control" others.  In that, it is possible for me (and anyone else) to be fulfilled.  But yes, the problems will always be there, and always continue... that's life, and that's the acceptable alternative to totalitarianism.  I'd rather live "half a life" free... than a "full life" enslaved.

Cheers to that!

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, gregp said:

Farewell you satanic bastard!

Oops.... got excited. 

Mods please DON'T remove. :D

***///  We feel the same way.

This evil tool laid waste across our land -- and the world.

And we're comin' out fightin' to take it back from evil...

We're gonna MAGA !

... whatever it takes ! :angry:

We've been abused by the left long enough.  We gave them their chance THROUGH HIM - their own choice.

Not only an EPIC FAIL -- but did so much damage to our Country !

SO, because of that -- they can no longer be trusted:

There will be no further dialogue with those who've been brain-damaged through indoctrination... it's proven to be of no use.

the BA can talk, talk, talk - like his ilk said would work with the terrorists <_< - but you cannot communicate for change with

lefties who've been hijacked by pure evil.

:deadhorse:  They love to engage us in dialogue as pure distraction whilst they plunge their daggers into our backs ! :angry:

Edited by SgtFuryUSCZ
  • Upvote 3

Been reading all the comments and liked the direction it has gone.  But there was one comment that stuck in my crawl since I believe it is an important point and needs to be addressed.  I am talking about BA’s comment regarding part timers getting screwed followed by “that is the new America”.   There is a reason there has been an explosion in part time positions and it is not the “new America”, maybe Obummers America or more precisely Obummercare’s America.

Now I am not a fan of corporations (had one corporate toady give me the best definition ever, a corporation is nothing but a cold heartless entity who’s only concern is the bottom line) and as you pointed out in the thread there are many reasons not to like corporations.  But I can’t lay the blame on them in this case.  Just like the tax cut example I gave you in another thread, you are seeing the market react to, and the unintended consequences of, an overreaching social engineering liberal tax policy.  When the government mandates a costly benefits package for everyone working 40 hours a week, is it surprising that there will be more and more people not working 40 hours a week?  I do not blame the evil corporations for reacting in their best interest to evil government mandates.  The road to hell may be paved with good intentions, but it is also littered with unintended consequences.  And one of those unintended consequences is that the number of jobs gets inflated while the number of hours per worker goes down.  Screwed yes.  By the corporation, maybe.  By Obummercare, absolutely.

And as for the OP headline, paraphrasing the Narcissist  In Chief, “You didn’t lift that.”

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, bostonangler said:

I've served with distinction. I've paid taxes. I've created jobs so everyone has a chance to better themselves. I've donated personal funds to charities for veterans and others. I have volunteered for many causes. I have donated my professional services creating awareness to the plight of veterans coming and struggling. I recently took a kid off the street (you know of those kids that is not your problem).

I remember being overseas and my Sargent telling us, don't go out there and piss off the natives. Go out there and make them see how great America really is. I took those word to heart. and have followed that wisdom throughout my life. Did your CO tell you to spread hate and intolerance? I doubt it.

B/A

Thanks BA for your efforts.

You sure do not sound like the "evil liberal kommie" you have been portrayed as.

Too bad folks do not get to know each other better instead of taking the low road and

tearing each other apart and convincing themselves everyone who does not think like

them or use their tactics must be evil and hate our country. Thank you for taking the time

to share your thoughts and convictions in the midst of your accusers.

• Upvote 2

I have owned a business...lost it due to economy turndown and bad lawyers.

I am college educated (in the 80s when it mattered)

I am employed these days...at a stupid houry rate..less than I made first out of highschool.

I searched for over a year for a "good paying" job....always was told ...over qualified

where am I on the chart??? Nowhere I am employed.

PFFFT

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, SnowGlobe7 said:

I have owned a business...lost it due to economy turndown and bad lawyers.

I am college educated (in the 80s when it mattered)

I am employed these days...at a stupid houry rate..less than I made first out of highschool.

I searched for over a year for a "good paying" job....always was told ...over qualified

where am I on the chart??? Nowhere I am employed.

PFFFT

I am right there with you Snow, nowhere. Working poor

18 hours ago, Jim1cor13 said:

Thanks BA for your efforts.

You sure do not sound like the "evil liberal kommie" you have been portrayed as.

Too bad folks do not get to know each other better instead of taking the low road and

tearing each other apart and convincing themselves everyone who does not think like

them or use their tactics must be evil and hate our country. Thank you for taking the time

to share your thoughts and convictions in the midst of your accusers.

Thank you Jim. We all have our good days and bad days. I learned long ago, don't sweat the small stuff.

B/A