Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

A open letter to LGD

learning all i can

I write to you today with a heavy heart.  A heart that has been heavy and torn for many months now, as I have allowed my own sinfulness worldly pride have its own way instead of being obedient to God's word.

In John 17:17 Jesus prays;  "Sanctify them in truth; Your word Is truth."

After reading that this morning, I thought that those words and His prayer was probably one of His most important and most supreme of all His prayers.  Our precious Lord was about to go to the cross,  He wasn't praying for self but for us, His people.

He ask that we would be set apart as God's people and be cleansed in order to bear witness to  Christ by the word of God.   He prayed not for our comfort, wants and desires but for our holiness, a holiness that comes from not only knowing God's word but applying it to our souls that transforms every aspect of our lives.  Sadly, I had set his word aside for awhile, and slowly my thoughts have become cloudy,  My pride has taken over and my care for others and their feelings has become nill.   LGD, I am ever so slow to learn and even more prone to forget. I realize you and I don't agree on all Biblical matters but I know we both love our Lord Jesus.  I know we both agree that He and He alone is our only salvation and He died on the cross for you and me and He arose 3 days later.  He is now in Heaven at the right hand of our Holy Father and He will return to reign forever and ever.

Further more I know I know I have done wrong to you.  I have soothed self and allowed my sin and that "old man within" to grab hold instead of being obedient to Gods word.....I ask today that you would forgive me. Forgive me for speaking so ugly towards you with insults and belittling.  I know I was wrong.   I know I've hurt your feelings on many occasions and I'm truly sorry for my offenses to you as well as others that were witness to it.

I pray you will find it in heart to forgive me.  If not today perhaps tomorrow.

I thank you for giving me this time and appreciate your consideration in advance

God bless you and your family

barb

• Upvote 11

:wub::wub::wub::wub: My dear sweet sister I ABSOLUTELY forgive you. You asked me why I called you sister and I didn't reply. But now I would like to. I gave my life to the Lord 18 yrs ago and to be honest went right back to doing the same things that I did as a lost soul. Up until three yrs ago I was an over the road trucker and that made it very easy to forget my first love. But as is Gods way he never forgot me. And eight yrs ago I came to a place where I literally couldn't live with myself anymore and one night whist drinking in my hotel room all alone I cried out to Jesus, saying that if he couldn't use me any more than just take me now. As in that very night. I walked to the laundry room and met my preachers wife. She said,"Hi", to which I literally just grunted. I was most certainly not in the mood to be hit on by some woman, and that is exactly what I thought was happening. Out of the corner of my eye I could see that she was getting ready to leave and then she stopped and said, " can I ask you a question"? Slowly I turned around, folded my arms around my massive 55 inch chest looked down my nose at her and very rudely said, "WHAT". Without even flinching this little woman stared me back in the eyes and said, "Do you go to church". 

Barb, It was like this little woman just suckered punched me somewhere that hurt beyond measure. From the moment she had said,"Hello", I began praying to our Lord, "Please don't let this woman hit on me now. I don't need that tonight". And now just seconds after I said to the Lord to take me home if you can't use me, she's asking me,"do you go to church"? My arms dropped to my side, my demeanor sank to new lows and as I looked down at the floor I replied,"No, but not because I don't want to. I don't go because I haven't found a preacher worthy". We moved into the hallway and talked for 3 hrs. She convinced me to go to their Church the next morning and just listen to her husband. Barb I tell you that was 8 yrs ago and that single night changed my entire life and my entire way of looking at things. 

I could sit here all night telling you how that night our beloved Savior took a 320 pound, alcoholic, who smoked nearly two packs of cigs, cussed like a Sailor, and made practically every conversation turn into some kind of sexual innuendo into a gentleman that no longer smokes, drinks , or cuss, or make any reference whatsoever to sex . It took Jesus every bit of those 8 yrs but today, to be honest, I don't even know who I am anymore. But I know that I'm the happiest married man alive. I know that God has blessed me to extremes that not even the wealthiest of folks would understand. Why do I tell you all this? Simple .............

Because through all the tears and all the pain and all the sorrow, I have come to understand the most important thing about being a child of God is this. No one  knows what is in another's heart. And if anyone says that they love the Lord then I am forced to take them at there word. It doesn't matter what they do or even say, because I find myself about two steps below Paul when it comes to my past sins. But God in all his infinite Grace and Love has carried me down a path that has made me what he wants me to be.

And that , my dear sister, is the crux of it all. Were all on that same path, but that path is narrow so were usually not at the same place on that path. 

I make jokes about Calvin and Herman, and maybe I shouldn't but please know that it's just my strange sense of humor. I really don't think myself to be some prophet, though I know for my family I am a teacher. And it is truly not my intentions to come across that way. Please forgive me that. What I do in my preachy post is simply tell, with a little more excitement than maybe I should, the things that God has been showing me for my wife and daughter. I have come a long way here at Dinar Vets, indeed I was even banned once for being to obnoxious. And to tell the truth the biggest reason that I continue to post is in hopes that someone will have seen the changes that have occurred within me and know that it was all Jesus. 

Again, I love you and only wish to be your friend and dear brother holding onto Jesus hands with you. 

Scotty  :wub::wub::wub::wub::hug:

• Upvote 8

:twocents:  from the Eagle....the two of you not only just demonstrated "Christ in you....the hope of glory !"  BUT more importantly gave a real life true to the WORD example of what NEEDS to happen in this nation if we are to see a revival.....finally it is an example of what GOD told his people concerning the days of awe leading to Atonement...LOVE YOU BOTH IN CHRIST...and the many DV members who are NOT ashamed of the GOSPEL !!!  :praying::praying::praying:

• Upvote 9

Barb,

I am so very proud of you. Why? Because you had the courage to look beyond religion and politics and you

saw a person, not their beliefs, not their political beliefs or positions, but a person and you took the steps

to simply say forgive me. Truth is, that is what it is all about. No matter what a person believes, love and forgiveness is

the bottom line. We are all broken to some degree, and we each help fill the cracks in each other. As the saying

goes, even broken crayons can still color.

It is a rare thing to see in today's world that has been divided by so many things, mostly hot air

and huge ego's.

LGD, you have come a long way. You used to be one of the religious and political hit squad members here :lol:

but you learned what is important and life has a way of teaching that. I was often the object of your

religious wrath over the years, but you took a different path, and it appears you have indeed come a long way. Bravo :)

Enjoy your night, both of you.

Jim

• Upvote 8

Revelation 12:10-12New International Version (NIV)

10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say:

“Now have come the salvation and the power
    and the kingdom of our God,
    and the authority of his Messiah.
For the accuser of our brothers and sisters,
    who accuses them before our God day and night,
    has been hurled down.
11 They triumphed over him
    by the blood of the Lamb
    and by the word of their testimony;
they did not love their lives so much
    as to shrink from death.
12 Therefore rejoice, you heavens
    and you who dwell in them!
But woe to the earth and the sea,
    because the devil has gone down to you!
He is filled with fury,
    because he knows that his time is short.”

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, EagleEye said:

:twocents:  from the Eagle....the two of you not only just demonstrated "Christ in you....the hope of glory !"  BUT more importantly gave a real life true to the WORD example of what NEEDS to happen in this nation if we are to see a revival.....finally it is an example of what GOD told his people concerning the days of awe leading to Atonement...LOVE YOU BOTH IN CHRIST...and the many DV members who are NOT ashamed of the GOSPEL !!!  :praying::praying::praying:

:wub: The spirit of the Lord moves. I have tried so very hard to just let Him do his thing and to not do my thing. But the one thing that  I've learned through it all is that God loves each and every one of us. It's up to us to receive His love. It does excite me that this affair has occurred at the times of the," Days of Awe". I will take that as a sign of Gods movement. And if I may be so bold, I would like to tell you;and everyone else; something that I absolutely know that the Holy Spirit "Did" give me for my family. It will emphatically be during this time that something AWESOME will happen. I don't know what the Lord has planned. I hope it to be the rapture of the Bride, but I will settle for the RV, :lol:, But the Blessed Holy Spirit keeps telling me that there will be an unbelievable Oct surprise. And I find that exciting because Oct is a month shrouded by two ,"black moons", rising. Maybe just a little,"out there",but that is what the Holy Spirit is telling me for my family. :wub:  

2 hours ago, Jim1cor13 said:

Barb,

I am so very proud of you. Why? Because you had the courage to look beyond religion and politics and you

saw a person, not their beliefs, not their political beliefs or positions, but a person and you took the steps

to simply say forgive me. Truth is, that is what it is all about. No matter what a person believes, love and forgiveness is

the bottom line. We are all broken to some degree, and we each help fill the cracks in each other. As the saying

goes, even broken crayons can still color.

It is a rare thing to see in today's world that has been divided by so many things, mostly hot air

and huge ego's.

LGD, you have come a long way. You used to be one of the religious and political hit squad members here :lol:

but you learned what is important and life has a way of teaching that. I was often the object of your

religious wrath over the years, but you took a different path, and it appears you have indeed come a long way. Bravo :)

Enjoy your night, both of you.

Jim

:wub: My dear brother, that is exactly why I continue to post, even though I've embarrassed myself so many times in the past. I pray that you too will forgive me my foolishness and wrongs as I know that you are correct in your assessment of my actions.  Again I offer my growth as visible prof that God can do all things. In truth, Jim, it was your example of deep love that has been used to direct me into all love. I used to think that you were not sincere with your constant expressions of love, but I have been shown otherwise by the Holy Spirit that not only are you for real but that God wanted me  to emulate such love also. Not an easy task at first, to be sure, but so much the easier as I took the first step and let the Seven Spirits which are before the Holy Throne of God take over my heart. Know that your example was the tool that our Lord used to direct my feet. Now that is the reason that I shroud every post  with the symbol of love. God bless you my brother:hug::wub:  

1 hour ago, Synopsis said:

has been hurled down.
    by the blood of the Lamb
    as to shrink from death.
He is filled with fury,

:wub: Amen and Hallelujah my dear brother. You are always in our prayers, God bless you:wub: 

• Upvote 7

My dear LGD and all,

Since early yesterday morning, my emotion have been full of grief and on very high alert.   For this reason I have not been able to come back and respond to you.  Not sure I can make it thru now but if not, just know that I will return.

LGD, when I ask for your forgiveness I wasn't sure just how you would respond.  I knew that I has pushed every button I could with you.  Not only that I had done this for spite, probably jealousy and in the most vile manner I could to hurt you.  I truly just didn't know what your response to me would be but knew in my heart that if you chose to make me toll, worry and suffer over my sinful acts, that is what I deserved.

Around 6:30 last night I finally came back a read your response and my high alert uncontrollable emotions came flooding in again.  So much so that my husband ask that I turn off my computer and give it a rest that we may talk.  This morning I has Bible study and again my emotions overflowed, but my emotions are different today than early morning yesterday and when I wrote to you.  Yesterday was filled with sorrow and grief.  A shame and a pain that I knew was undeserving of any kind of forgiveness or reconciliation with our God or any body else.  This afternoon my emotion is praise over the undeserving kindness, love and forgiveness that our Lord has given me.  Also the beautiful arm and kind heart that He has instilled in you that you too would so easily forgive.  I praise our Lord for men like you and others here that have so freely forgiven.

I was quite overcome with your beautiful testimony which made me remember my 13 years ago.  As you so humbly described your tears, pain and sorrow my heart broke as if it were my yesteryears.  But then comes our joy, our peace and our rest that can only come from our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.                    LGD, Scotty, my dear friend and brother in Christ, I thank you.  I pray our Lord will keep you excited and alert.  I pray that you will continue in His word and never fall back as I have done.......not until we humbly fall at His feet and ask for forgiveness can we receive.  Its not until after the cleansing do we find relief.

I would like sometime or someday to share my testimony with you.  You and Paul have nothing on me!!!  But we know its all about that amazing grace and yes I want and need you to help me keep holding the hand of our Lord and Saviour.

Scotty, thank you..  I love you and you are a precious friend to me

barb

• Upvote 4

On 9/27/2016 at 2:20 PM, Shabibilicious said:

:bump:

GO RV, then BV

Shabbs, thank you for the bump.  Apparently my post was making its way to the bottom be fore Scotty was able to see it or respond and in your kindness and care you brought it back so he wouldn't miss it..not to worry tho, I would never reveal to anyone else that you have a warm and kind heart

Thank you

barb

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, Synopsis said:

has been hurled down.
    by the blood of the Lamb
    as to shrink from death.
He is filled with fury,

YES....the song of victory...the enemy has been overcome.  What a glorious day

Thank you

barb

• Upvote 4

41 minutes ago, learning all i can said:

YES....the song of victory...the enemy has been overcome.  What a glorious day

Thank you

barb

Oh, yes.  Thank You for sharing!

I ran out of emeralds for today so will have to stop back and give you some more when I get my daily allotment.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, learning all i can said:

EagleEye and Jim1cor 13,  I know I have been offensive to both of you also but you let roll from your backs.  I would ask that both of you would also forgive me.

I am so sorry.  Thank you for you kindness although I deserve none, but today my hear is glad

barb

Of course Barb. :)

Please do not beat yourself up dear. We have all had those times we offend others, but not all have the heart to

make it right. Treating others like one desires to be treated is the only way to be in my thinking whether they respond

in kind or not. How we treat others is the most important action we can do and is a reflection of who we are and how we

live. All else pales in comparison.

Have a good night Barb, and thank you for your kindness.

Jim

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, learning all i can said:

My dear LGD and all,

Since early yesterday morning, my emotion have been full of grief and on very high alert.   For this reason I have not been able to come back and respond to you.  Not sure I can make it thru now but if not, just know that I will return.

LGD, when I ask for your forgiveness I wasn't sure just how you would respond.  I knew that I has pushed every button I could with you.  Not only that I had done this for spite, probably jealousy and in the most vile manner I could to hurt you.  I truly just didn't know what your response to me would be but knew in my heart that if you chose to make me toll, worry and suffer over my sinful acts, that is what I deserved.

Around 6:30 last night I finally came back a read your response and my high alert uncontrollable emotions came flooding in again.  So much so that my husband ask that I turn off my computer and give it a rest that we may talk.  This morning I has Bible study and again my emotions overflowed, but my emotions are different today than early morning yesterday and when I wrote to you.  Yesterday was filled with sorrow and grief.  A shame and a pain that I knew was undeserving of any kind of forgiveness or reconciliation with our God or any body else.  This afternoon my emotion is praise over the undeserving kindness, love and forgiveness that our Lord has given me.  Also the beautiful arm and kind heart that He has instilled in you that you too would so easily forgive.  I praise our Lord for men like you and others here that have so freely forgiven.

I was quite overcome with your beautiful testimony which made me remember my 13 years ago.  As you so humbly described your tears, pain and sorrow my heart broke as if it were my yesteryears.  But then comes our joy, our peace and our rest that can only come from our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.                    LGD, Scotty, my dear friend and brother in Christ, I thank you.  I pray our Lord will keep you excited and alert.  I pray that you will continue in His word and never fall back as I have done.......not until we humbly fall at His feet and ask for forgiveness can we receive.  Its not until after the cleansing do we find relief.

I would like sometime or someday to share my testimony with you.  You and Paul have nothing on me!!!  But we know its all about that amazing grace and yes I want and need you to help me keep holding the hand of our Lord and Saviour.

Scotty, thank you..  I love you and you are a precious friend to me

barb

:wub: Barb, I respond as others here have always responded to me and as  our blessed Savior has also. Please let not your heart be troubled and PLEASE, PLEASE  continue to post. DV was one of the single most greatest lessons that helped me to come to where I'm today. It was the interaction with so many folks here and the whispering's of the Holy Spirit that taught me how to love. And as Jim so beautifully shows it, that is what were commanded to do. Love  one another, as Christ loved us. Not an easy task, to be sure, but Jim and I can testify that the removal of hate, anger , and other ill fillings from ones heart thereby allowing love to flow through us to everyone and everything is so much more satisfying and rewarding.  That is what it means to, "live Christlike". To see Jesus in ALL THINGS; even a possum in your back yard[ :lol: right Shabbs} Love will conquer all things, love will endure all things, love will teach all things, and love is all things. For the Kingdom of Heaven is  not in buildings of wood and stone, the Kingdom of Heaven is within you and all around you. Split a piece of wood and we will find Him. Pick up a stone and He is there. If God is love and we are commanded to be like God then  we should learn to become LOVE. 

This is not something that I've always shown in my actions here and within my own life, indeed they have only very recently come to a better reality. But glory be to God they have come. And I pray everyday that our Lord never lets me Fall backwards, no matter what happens, that I might forever remember the Love that the Holy Father taught me to have. I wish to testify to you some more. My beloved wife and I were talking about this entire affair and just today I told her that without a doubt I know that you are my sister. I know this because I have felt the sorrow that you now have and I know that for you such pain is certainly real. That's not something that one can fake. It's only something that the Holy Spirit can give. So take it in stride and continue to seek the Kingdom of Heaven at all cost that you may be righteous even as your Father in  Heaven is righteous, and that thereby become Holy as He is Holy. 

And please, sister by all means, give us all your testimony. I once took the time, yrs ago, to do the same and it was a rather long post. But I wanted everyone to know that for me this is totally real. Of course the greatest testimony that we both have is our continued growth here in this forum before all that read these words. They will see as we grow that something here is different and with the guidance of the Holy Spirit some seeds will be planted and God willing they will grow. :hug::wub: 

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, learning all i can said:

Shabbs, thank you for the bump.  Apparently my post was making its way to the bottom be fore Scotty was able to see it or respond and in your kindness and care you brought it back so he wouldn't miss it..not to worry tho, I would never reveal to anyone else that you have a warm and kind heart

Thank you

barb

My pleasure, dear lady.  I was quite moved by your heartfelt testimony and felt I should do my part to make sure it didn't go unnoticed.  Every time this sort of thing happens on DVets, it humbles me to my core.  There are so many good people here who are just trying to get by the best they know how.  And even though we sometimes get sidetracked and lose sight of the grand picture, people such as yourself, LGD, Jim, UNEEK, Rod, etc....the list is a long and distinguished one, come along and right the ship for us all.  I thank you for that.

As to my warm and kind heart, what can I say.........even a blind squirrel....  ;)

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 2

:wub: And while we're all sharing the love I'd like to say a few things to some here that I feel needs to be said. 

First I'd like to thank Adam for being who he is. For creating this forum and for showing his own kind of love through his tolerance and understanding of other's with whom he disagrees. Adam it's a testament to your character and your faith.:tiphat:

To Bumper, who I wish would post more often, for working to teach me better internet etiquette.

To K98 , always in my prayers, for his honesty and great humility.

To Texas Granny, because our Lord sees your protective nature.

To Markinsa because you are my friend and my brother.

To Shabbs who is my Alter Ego with a much better communication skill set.

To Synopsis for his strong intellectual dialogue, also always in my prayers.

To Snowglobe who brings everyone joy and happiness with her pictures.

To UNEEK who God has used to show us  all a better way.

To Jim 1st Cor.13 for being one of the best examples of love I have ever seen.

To Sandfly who taught me how to be thankful.:lol:

To Master Yota who works relentlessly to make our little space of the world here a better place with bringing all the news that is the news.

To Peace who introduced my thought process to things I had never even considered before.

To DM, WHN, Love, and everyone that disagrees with my political views, our debates have made me better person.

And to all of the 40,000 Plus members here I offer my love and respect.

And finally to, "Barb"aka  learning all I can,  For your devotion to Jesus has made this thread possible.

I wish to say to everyone thank you and God bless you. For if I were to leave this world in the coming days I would do so a much better man and a better Christian because of the experiences and relationships that I have had in this community.

• Upvote 2