Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

So Angry and Stressed!

RAGARCIA62

here's how my week went

i seemed to have lost my drivers license or someone has stolen it along with my concealed weapons permits.  so this morning i go to dmv to get my drivers license replaced here in Virginia where i live, it was nice they were open on a Saturday,

they tell me i am not able to get my license reissued because someone in California, who has the same name and birthdate as i do, has some type of driving conviction where he is not allowed to have a license.  I need my license for my job and now cannot work.  i will not be able to make money, nor pay my mortgage, car payments, electricity, etc if i can't get this resolved within the week.  i am a disabled veteran where finding work is not that easy and i live in the sticks where getting around is not possible without being able to drive.  THIS SUCKS.  I hope more than ever for the RV.  i know i have some phone calls to make to try and get this resolved, but i fear it will take too long on California's part.  i have to wait until Monday to start this process.  this is causing a stressful weekend.  Not good timing at all. 

Any idea what California DMV might need to prove that the person in California is not me?

I have never had to deal with anything like this.

thanks for letting me vent.

rg

• Upvote 5

If I may suggest if you have not done so already is file a report with the police and get a file number. This will give you a bit more credibility as the police will do a search on you and two, if they pull a guy over and he uses your drivers license they can nab him.

I know its not much of a consolation but its all I can suggest. Good Luck !

pp

• Upvote 2

Try to get a passport it takes time but they are good for 17 years to avoid this in the future

You need your burthcirtificate

Social security card

Try to get a photo ID

Voters registration card

Bring some utilities bills with ya

Heck they want id to get Id

Google get Id with no I'd

Try this

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/w2w/california.htm

Edited by dontlop
  • Upvote 2

These sound like very good suggestions. Also, I think this will create credibility. I thinl that the Bureau of Veteran's Affairs, or some similar government entity, might help out.  If you are a member of the American Legion or VFW, they may help.

Good luck with moving forward.  Please let us know your progress. :twocents:  :salute:

• Upvote 1

here's how my week went

i seemed to have lost my drivers license or someone has stolen it along with my concealed weapons permits.  so this morning i go to dmv to get my drivers license replaced here in Virginia where i live, it was nice they were open on a Saturday,

they tell me i am not able to get my license reissued because someone in California, who has the same name and birthdate as i do, has some type of driving conviction where he is not allowed to have a license.  I need my license for my job and now cannot work.  i will not be able to make money, nor pay my mortgage, car payments, electricity, etc if i can't get this resolved within the week.  i am a disabled veteran where finding work is not that easy and i live in the sticks where getting around is not possible without being able to drive.  THIS SUCKS.  I hope more than ever for the RV.  i know i have some phone calls to make to try and get this resolved, but i fear it will take too long on California's part.  i have to wait until Monday to start this process.  this is causing a stressful weekend.  Not good timing at all. 

Any idea what California DMV might need to prove that the person in California is not me?

rg

I said a prayer for you, everything will be ok, sorry for what you are having to go through and I've been there and done that before. Last year I couldn't find my drivers licence anywhere eventually with my birth certificate and SS card the Texas DPS issued me a new licence. About 6 months later I found my old licence behind the shelf where it had fallen behind. Good luck friend !

• Upvote 2

here's how my week went

rg

Sorry about that.. I'm sure there will be a way to demonstrate the CA guy and you are 2 diff. people....The US is the most techie country in the world.. There's gotta be a way to demonstrate the truth of the matter ( that you and he are 2 diff. folks). Doesn't sound right at all that you're being prevented from getting a DL for something which is not your fault

I wish you the best

Thank you all for your ideas and support. Come Monday morning I will dig into the situation. I do have a passport. my friend who is the sheriff of the county I live in told me he would do everything and anything to help me out. He also told me he could not file a report based on identity theft because he did not steel my identity. He just has my name and birthdate and it's just dumb luck that he is a shitbird. I just need this to go away quickly. thanks again, all, for your support.

Rg

• Upvote 1

RAGARCIA62  This is odd it just happened to my sons friend 3 weeks ago. His Bank of

America credit account was frozen all of a sudden. When he called them they

asked the secret questions and he was wrong. This card is only used to buy

plumbing supplies. A person  in California with the same name and birth date!

He went through the dickens with bank because that person went in

and made changes in person. I told him to call an  investigative reporter if he

couldn't get it resolved. Being a licensed plumber he needed the card for the jobs.

If you were a couple of states closer we could take you around. Maybe your local veterns

group has volenteers that could help out in a pinch.

I was able to resolve the problem. I had to call California DMV and explained the situation. They in turn did a quick investigation and determined that the person in California is not one in the same as me. This was not a case of identity theft, just someone with similar name and same birthdate, with a unresolved driving citation. I assume he did not pay his fine. So they faxed Virginia dmv their report and all is good now. I have my new driver license and kept the fax they sent so when or if it happens again I will have the letter of their findings. It took about an hour to do all this and thank California dmv for their timely and quick response to my needs.

Again, thank you all for your support. You all are good people.

• Upvote 3

RAGARCIA62  --I am so glad things have been cleared up for you  --  Have no idea why it all happened but if we can have the attitude that things happen "FOR" us instead of "TO" us we can move forward much quicker --  There is usually some lesson for  us to learn or some reason to experience the strife for us to become stronger - more patient - humble  etc --

Take care - stay positive and thanks for sharing your story -- 

RA...glad to hear it's been resolved....I have also found the folks here at DV are indeed the best...I've seen them stand by those in all kinds of life's situations....some of mine included...and if ya don't mind me braggin' a bit...they are some of the best folks any of us will ever meet!!! :)

I was able to resolve the problem. I had to call California DMV and explained the situation. They in turn did a quick investigation and determined that the person in California is not one in the same as me. This was not a case of identity theft, just someone with similar name and same birthdate, with a unresolved driving citation. I assume he did not pay his fine. So they faxed Virginia dmv their report and all is good now. I have my new driver license and kept the fax they sent so when or if it happens again I will have the letter of their findings. It took about an hour to do all this and thank California dmv for their timely and quick response to my needs.

Again, thank you all for your support. You all are good people.

Rg

Awesome...Glad for you

• Upvote 1