Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Bitcoin Just Completely Crashed! All Withdrawals Halted!

RSTEFAN

Bitcoin Just Completely Crashed! All Withdrawals Halted!
Monday, February 10, 2014 6:43

% of readers think this story is Fact. Add your two cents.

google-plus-20.gif
linked-in-logo-20.gif

(Before It's News)

In these just released videos from Dahboo7 and Blaine Cooper and story from Business Insider we learn that Bitcoin has just completely crashed and there is a massive sell-off in progress. With Bitcoin now going down the tubes, what’s next? Is this just another symptom of the global financial collapse that should be telling us that the ‘endgame’ is getting much closer? Bitcoin just completely fell out of bed. The chart below, via BitcoinWisdom, shows the move. The news comes as major trading exchange Mt. Gox says in a new press release that Bitcoin withdrawals remain halted. (On Friday, Mt. Gox issued a statement that amid the volume of withdrawals it was seeing, that it was suspending withdrawals until it could address a technical issue). Mt. Gox was at one point the foremost Bitcoin market site, though its volume and share of Bitcoin activity has declined considerably. Withdrawals in actual currency are working, so traders can get cash out of the site, which is good news. The bad news is that in addition to the direct matter of users not being able to withdraw Bitcoins, they say the technical issue that they’re dealing with is something that pertains to the broader Bitcoin community: The problem we have identified is not limited to MtGox, and affects all transactions where Bitcoins are being sent to a third party. We believe that the changes required for addressing this issue will be positive over the long term for the whole community. As a result we took the necessary action of suspending bitcoin withdrawals until this technical issue has been resolved.

screen%20shot%202014-02-10%20at%205_53_5

• Upvote 1

What little I know about bitcoin is that I don't understand the facinitation about them. Why invest in a coin that is not backed by a stable government or minted in a pure refined precious metal? At least if you buy a $25.00 U.S. gold coin even if the gold market tanks it will be worth $25.00. In the mean time it will be worth whatever the market rate per ounce gold is, above and beyond the face value of the coin. Bitcoin, a private currency, backed by private people, competing with a world of national currencies? If they crash what can little me and you do? I can only imagine that the governmental forces against bitcoins success are huge, huge, huge. Why allow a private curency to circulate inside any country's economy giving that county's currency competition. Investing in gold or silver sounds simpler to me, if you got the cash for that.

I read that the smartest use of Bitcoin is to be able to move money across borders without using a third party. Exactly why the governments don't like it... Dumbest thing is to put money in (investing ) and sit on it expecting it to appreciate!

That's the first time someone said something about bitcoin that sounded good to me.

Wonder how long it will take for governments to stop that?

• Upvote 1

That's the first time someone said something about bitcoin that sounded good to me.

Wonder how long it will take for governments to stop that?

If it has crashed, as I wrote above i'd say the governments already are putting a stop to that. Give me gold, silver, platinum, I can smuggle that over a border if I needed to. God might not bless that though.

• Upvote 1

I read that the smartest use of Bitcoin is to be able to move money across borders without using a third party. Exactly why the governments don't like it... Dumbest thing is to put money in (investing ) and sit on it expecting it to appreciate!

Reminds me of e-gold, e-Bullion, etc.