Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Left Erupts Over Congressman Daring to Say the Things Everyone Else is Too Afraid To Say

NO OPINION

Just facts:  

GOP voting against jobs for Americans - keeping them overseas - FACT

GOP voting against extending unemployment - against American families. FACT

GOP voting to keep incandescent light bulbs - a major source of wasted electricity and pollution. FACT

GOP voting against a living wage for workers - against American families.  FACT

GOP votes EVERY time to protect the corporate elite and weaken rights for workers. EVERY TIME>

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 20

Gohmert is actually railing against that old Ronald Reagan myth of the Welfare Queen. According to Gohmert, women are content to stay single and pop out babies while receiving government assistance. Gohmert says that the war on poverty is a massive failure, citing the existence of poor people and (of all things) the fact that single women are not paid more as evidence. He says that single women continuously give birth to child after child in an attempt to get more money to dig themselves “out of the hole.”

Gohmert doesn’t feel that single women and their children need to eat. He has a better solution: pay for their daycare and let them fend for themselves! Sure, it will be difficult to make it to work emaciated and starving, but at least they will have the pride of providing for their children the best they can.

Edited by dinar_stud
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 14

You two are simply clueless to what this man is saying. Why am I not surprised???

Do you know what is inside of a Fluorescent Light Bulb?

-

You are surprised because you prefer to turn a blind eye. The Welfare queen myth started under Reagan and republicans including tea party ones prefer to keep BS alive.

Yes mercury, which shows you know your lightbulbs. If youdont want mercury in your light bulbs do as I did, purchase LED bulbs, they are a little more expensive but they emit the same amount of light but do not have mercury and they save more money in energy consumption, and they last longer.

Governor’s Attempt To Find Massive Welfare Fraud Turns Up Next To Nothing

On Tuesday, Maine Gov. Paul LePage ® released data on purchases made with state welfare benefits that he claimed exposed abuse, but they only add up to less than a percent of all benefit transactions.

The data show that there were more than 3,000 transactions at bars, sports bars, and strip clubs made with EBT (electronic benefit transfer) cards loaded with TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, or welfare) and food stamp benefits between January 1, 2011 and November 15, 2013. The state doesn’t track what was actually purchased, and some transactions can be withdrawals from ATMs at those locations. Given that there are about 50,000 of these transactions every month, or nearly 1.8 million in that time frame, as the state’s Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) spokesman told the Bangor Daily News, they only make up “about two-tenths of 1 percent of total purchases and ATM withdrawals,” the paper calculates.

LePage still expressed outrage at this tiny fraction of purchases. “This information is eye-opening and indicates a larger problem than initially thought,” he wrote when the data was released. “These benefits are supposed to help families, children and our most vulnerable Mainers. Instead, we have discovered welfare benefits are paying for alcohol, cigarettes and other things that hardworking taxpayers should not be footing the bill for.” When the Bangor Daily News asked his spokeswoman about the small number of transactions, she responded, “Any amount of abuse in the system that takes away from the truly needy needs to be dealt with,” adding, “We’re not uncovering anything new. There are always going to be bad actors out there. We’re simply saying, ‘We’ve got an eye on you.’”

His spokeswoman also said that he will sponsor a bill to address issues with welfare benefits during this year’s session, including the fact that the state doesn’t track what recipients buy.

If LePage is seeking to paint welfare recipients as wasteful spenders who blow their money on alcohol and cigarettes, the data are not on his side. Nationally, those who receive public benefits such as welfare cash assistance, food stamps, housing assistance, Medicaid, and others spend a bigger portion of their budgets on basics like food, housing, and transportation than those who aren’t enrolled in these programs. They also spend less on eating out and entertainment. Overall, families who rely on government programs spend less than half of what families who don’t rely on them spend.

LePage has made other controversial statements and decisions when it comes to the poor or less fortunate residents of his state. He claimed that 47 percent of Mainers don’t work, despite the fact that 65 percent are working or actively seeking a job while the remaining percentage is mostly made up of retirees, the disabled, students, and homemakers. He exhorted all able-bodied residents to “get off the couch and get yourself a job” in 2012 despite high unemployment rates and few job openings. After he pushed for a five-year cap on welfare benefits, more than 1,500 families with an estimated 2,700 children lost the assistance. Even his plan to simply relocate the state’s DHHS office was controversial, as he wants to move it from downtown Portland to a location in South Portland that is difficult to reach and could restrict the poor’s access to social services.

Edited by dinar_stud
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

It seems that some here just won't learn from history.  If we allow our government to hold us down from achieving our dreams, goals, then we will always be slaves to them.  We are still looking for the government to solve all our problems and accept responsibility over us. 

Their purpose is not of helping the poor.  Its for profit and power. They don't care about our well-being and we definitely can't be dependent on the government for every element of life, including what to say and think. 

Prof and Stud you both are throwing this out of proportion.  You have both fallen into their distrust. 

• Upvote 12

You are surprised because you prefer to turn a blind eye. The Welfare queen myth started under Reagan and republicans including tea party ones prefer to keep BS alive.

Yes mercury, which shows you know your lightbulbs. If youdont want mercury in your light bulbs do as I did, purchase LED bulbs, they are a little more expensive but they emit the same amount of light but do not have mercury and they save more money in energy consumption, and they last longer.

My eyes are wide open and can see that your ilk have trained these people to be happy with the scraps we throw on the floor, when they should be learning and providing a better life for themselves. We need to be teaching these people how to fish, not giving them the fish.

I see you know your light bulbs too. Now tell me, which is more toxic the Fluorescent or Incandescent?

-

• Upvote 6

FACT - Democrats are communists. Don't take my word for it. Look at their legislative actions.

Define communism

My eyes are wide open and can see that your ilk have trained these people to be happy with the scraps we throw on the floor, when they should be learning and providing a better life for themselves. We need to be teaching these people how to fish, not giving them the fish.

I see you know your light bulbs too. Now tell me, which is more toxic the Fluorescent or Incandescent?

-

My ilk??? you are really digging deep with that false assumption.

Since I use neither light I could care less. And yet for a 60w led lightbulb I am only using 7.5 watts of electricity compared to 60 from an incandescent and 14-15 from a fluorescent. And yet you most likely blame Obama for the incandescent light bulb ban, and yet you don't know and blindly accuse  others of a republican presidents law. The bans were signed into law by President George W. Bush in 2007 as part of the Energy Independence and Security Act.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

Define communism

My ilk??? you are really digging deep with that false assumption.

Since I use neither light I could care less. And yet for a 60w led lightbulb I am only using 7.5 watts of electricity compared to 60 from an incandescent and 14-15 from a fluorescent. And yet you most likely blame Obama for the incandescent light bulb ban, and yet you don't know and blindly accuse  others of a republican presidents law. The bans were signed into law by President George W. Bush in 2007 as part of the Energy Independence and Security Act.

You are the one that keeps posting the most LEFT LEANING, Obama Supporting articles on this website. Now tell me, how else am I suppose to pigeon hole you? 

I also don't care who passed the law against incandescent light bulbs.  My question was directed at AmericanInc, not you. The increased use in fluorescent light bulbs because of this law will hurt the environment, that is my position, end of story.

-

• Upvote 3

You are the one that keeps posting the most LEFT LEANING, Obama Supporting articles on this website. Now tell me, how else am I suppose to pigeon hole you? 

I also don't care who passed the law against incandescent light bulbs.  My question was directed at AmericanInc, not you. The increased use in fluorescent light bulbs because of this law will hurt the environment, that is my position, end of story.

-

So criticizing those that have screwed and keep screweing the middle class, want to keep screwing the poor and screw veterans is left leaning??? 

Nice to see how you ignore facts to defend the republicans. And before you you try to use the veterans against me, yes democrats were the majority in the senate that screwed veterans out of retirement pay, but what about the republicans in the house that passed that bill before it got to the senate????  A total of 169 republicans in the house approved the budget to hurt retired military pay.

Nice to see how you ignore the post about how democrats in South Carolina were pushing an unconstitutional bill enforcing mandatory prayers in school. And yet you defend and are part of a sect in the republican party that in 2011 suggested taking $40 billion from the Veterans administration to, and I quote, "balance the budget". 

What you dont like is that i post the hypocrisy from the right, but ignore when I do the same from the left when they do it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Here is a list of republican (tea party) members of the house that are so patriotic they voted in favor of screwing the retire military

Gus Bilirakis   Fl.

Diane Black     Tenn.

John Carter Tex.

Bill Cassidy La.

Howard Coble N.C.

Ander Crenshaw Fla.

John Culberson Tex.

Blake Farenthold Tex.

Stephen Fincher Tenn.

John Fleming La.

Vicky Hartzler Mo.

Lynn Jenkins Kan.

Doug Lamborn Colo.

Blaine Luetkemeyer Mo.

Gary Miller Calif.

Steven Palazzo Miss.

Tom Price Ga.

Phil Roe Tenn.

Dennis Ross Fla.

Ed Royce Calif.

Pete Sessions Tex.

Lamar Smith Tex.

Tim Walberg Mich.

Lynn Westmoreland Ga.

Joe Wilson S.C.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

RIDING DOWN THE PAVED ROAD LISTENING TO THE RADIO :

SOCIAL SECURITY PEOPLE [ MYSELF ] RECIEVED 1.8 % INCREASE IN YEARLY BENEFITS :

FOOD STAMP PEOPLE RECIEVED 30% :

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN ?

OBAMA DOES NOT CARE ABOUT PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY WORKED ALL THEIR LIFE !!!!

• Upvote 5

dinar stud, right there's the big problem. You really asking me to define communism to you ? Bing it or Google it, it's really easy to get definitions these days. You don't have to lug out the unabridged anymore.

Quit being such a foolish person, and at least make an attempt to understand where this  idiotic administration is leading us.

BTW, thought it hilarious the other day when it came out that Gates said our VP hadn't been correct on foreign policy in forty years. How right he is !!

Edited by eastcreek
  • Upvote 2

So criticizing those that have screwed and keep screweing the middle class, want to keep screwing the poor and screw veterans is left leaning??? 

I think someone lied about not being on the government teet.  If you depend on a government check due to, retirement, disability or whatever it is, to put food on your table and a roof over your head, you're on the government teet, even if you "earned" it through your government service.

-

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wow beevus and butthead are on a roll today baby  YA!!

the new incandesnt light bulbs aint worth beans. They dont last as long as they say and the light they throw is lousy.

When its 0 to -20 outside I have to burn a single 100 watt bulb in my chicken coop or else they will freeze. They are almost impossable to find anymore..

Studly by your own admission you stated in your post that

"Given that there are about 50,000 of these transactions every month, or nearly 1.8 million in that time frame, as the state’s Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) spokesman told the Bangor Daily"

Don`t that number disturb you at all. That much money being spent while the idiots in washington are living high on the hog.

Im not buying the 1% thing. I watch the abuse on a daily basis.  

People have become addicted to the GOVT teat. They cant fend for themselves cause they are just to programed to let the GOVT take care of it for them.

Thats the way the GOVT takes control.

I take it Professor that you do not teach history.

This is text book Marxism-Leninism 

Control the mass by giving them what they need till the GOVT is in place then you take it all away.

You think its bad now. Just wait till we are a full blown communist state  

It wont be about snap cards and welfare checks. It will be about digging ditches for the GOVT for a few potato`s.

• Upvote 3

Governor’s Attempt To Find Massive Welfare Fraud Turns Up Next To Nothing

On Tuesday, Maine Gov. Paul LePage ® released data on purchases made with state welfare benefits that he claimed exposed abuse, but they only add up to less than a percent of all benefit transactions.

The data show that there were more than 3,000 transactions at bars, sports bars, and strip clubs made with EBT (electronic benefit transfer) cards loaded with TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, or welfare) and food stamp benefits between January 1, 2011 and November 15, 2013. The state doesn’t track what was actually purchased, and some transactions can be withdrawals from ATMs at those locations. Given that there are about 50,000 of these transactions every month, or nearly 1.8 million in that time frame, as the state’s Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) spokesman told the Bangor Daily News, they only make up “about two-tenths of 1 percent of total purchases and ATM withdrawals,” the paper calculates.

LePage still expressed outrage at this tiny fraction of purchases. “This information is eye-opening and indicates a larger problem than initially thought,” he wrote when the data was released. “These benefits are supposed to help families, children and our most vulnerable Mainers. Instead, we have discovered welfare benefits are paying for alcohol, cigarettes and other things that hardworking taxpayers should not be footing the bill for.” When the Bangor Daily News asked his spokeswoman about the small number of transactions, she responded, “Any amount of abuse in the system that takes away from the truly needy needs to be dealt with,” adding, “We’re not uncovering anything new. There are always going to be bad actors out there. We’re simply saying, ‘We’ve got an eye on you.’”

His spokeswoman also said that he will sponsor a bill to address issues with welfare benefits during this year’s session, including the fact that the state doesn’t track what recipients buy.

If LePage is seeking to paint welfare recipients as wasteful spenders who blow their money on alcohol and cigarettes, the data are not on his side. Nationally, those who receive public benefits such as welfare cash assistance, food stamps, housing assistance, Medicaid, and others spend a bigger portion of their budgets on basics like food, housing, and transportation than those who aren’t enrolled in these programs. They also spend less on eating out and entertainment. Overall, families who rely on government programs spend less than half of what families who don’t rely on them spend.

LePage has made other controversial statements and decisions when it comes to the poor or less fortunate residents of his state. He claimed that 47 percent of Mainers don’t work, despite the fact that 65 percent are working or actively seeking a job while the remaining percentage is mostly made up of retirees, the disabled, students, and homemakers. He exhorted all able-bodied residents to “get off the couch and get yourself a job” in 2012 despite high unemployment rates and few job openings. After he pushed for a five-year cap on welfare benefits, more than 1,500 families with an estimated 2,700 children lost the assistance. Even his plan to simply relocate the state’s DHHS office was controversial, as he wants to move it from downtown Portland to a location in South Portland that is difficult to reach and could restrict the poor’s access to social services.

We Do Not Take To Kindly To Welfare Cheats Here In Maine...   :angry:

You two are simply clueless to what this man is saying. Why am I not surprised???

Do you know what is inside of a Fluorescent Light Bulb?

-

Yes

Mercury. Not good. 

Do you know what comes out of coal burning to keep the old light bulbs burning? Mercury.

Except it goes right in your lungs. Not in the landfill.

Do you know what's inside of an LED?

And they still voted to keep the incandescent...

Will you defend them to the end - out of emotion, not fact.

the new incandesnt light bulbs aint worth beans. They dont last as long as they say and the light they throw is lousy.

When its 0 to -20 outside I have to burn a single 100 watt bulb in my chicken coop or else they will freeze. They are almost impossable to find anymore..

"Given that there are about 50,000 of these transactions every month, or nearly 1.8 million in that time frame, as the state’s Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) spokesman told the Bangor Daily"

Don`t that number disturb you at all. That much money being spent while the idiots in washington are living high on the hog.

People have become addicted to the GOVT teat. They cant fend for themselves cause they are just to programed to let the GOVT take care of it for them.

Control the mass by giving them what they need till the GOVT is in place then you take it all away.

It wont be about snap cards and welfare checks. It will be about digging ditches for the GOVT for a few potato`s.

Dog, I'm with ya on the government thing....they have been corrupted by those in power, by media lies and by their own emotions. 

But if helping our fellow Americans because business doesn't pay a living wage...well, help is better than starving. If that's Marxist, so be it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yes

Mercury. Not good. 

Do you know what comes out of coal burning to keep the old light bulbs burning? Mercury.

Except it goes right in your lungs. Not in the landfill.

Do you know what's inside of an LED?

And they still voted to keep the incandescent...

Will you defend them to the end - out of emotion, not fact.

Dog, I'm with ya on the government thing....they have been corrupted by those in power, by media lies and by their own emotions. 

But if helping our fellow Americans because business doesn't pay a living wage...well, help is better than starving. If that's Marxist, so be it.

I guess what it boils down to Professor is what do you consider a living wage for a person with no skills , No education , No drive to succeed  and a problem 

with authority.  Not that this is a fact in every case but a healthy %.  This person even with a higher wage will never own his own home because he does not have the want too

to accomplish that goal. No. Life will continue on as it normally would for them. Its like ying and yang if you raise the pay scale for them you have to raise the pay scale for the educated. If not then you have a unskilled laborer making nearly as much as skilled labor . The more you pay labor the more you pay for the product or service rendered.

wont be long till everything would be as it was before. A unending circle of raising the wages to keep up with prices caused by raising the wages.  Then like all communist GOVT`s it collapses  

• Upvote 2

Thanks Yota...Great post, 100% behind this former federal judge...dinar_stud (really) and AmericaInc I'd like to let yall both know I neg yall on this one. I'd like to get a visual on both yall when this is said an done cause I'd like to see for myself what 'consistent stupidity' looks like...

• Upvote 3

Wow the KOOLAID sippers are on in full force today. Seems they are felling a little heat from the truth that is emerging. I am thinking this is so pathetic that it is amusing. The disinformation here is a symbol of the brain washing that they believe. They just want you to believe too.

• Upvote 1

This is an example of the fraud and outright theft in the food stamp program.

http://reagancoalition.com/articles/2014/welfare-recipients-caught-spending-ebt-money-on-lavish-hawaiian-vacations.html

Welfare Recipients Caught Spending EBT Money On Lavish Hawaiian Vacations
10 January, 2014 / by Website Editor / in Crime, Economy, Nobama
Maine’s welfare money that was intended to be spent on necessities like food is instead being used for lavish vacations in Hawaii and Florida by some of its recipients. Department of Health and Human Service records shows that $2.8 million have been spent by welfare users outside of the state. Although half of this amount was spent in neighboring New Hampshire, some questionable uses of EBT money include a $500 EBT card withdrawal at a Disney World resort in August 2011. Maine welfare recipients also used EBT money in Florida included withdrawals at the Kennedy Space Center in Orlando and various spots around Daytona Beach.

Maine welfare cash has turned up in all 50 U.S. states, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico. However, they aren’t the only state that has this problem. More than $69 million in California welfare cash was spent or withdrawn outside of the state between 2007 and 2010, with Las Vegas receiving approximately $11.8 million of this amount. Welfare cash withdrawals have also been traced to various strip clubs and casinos in Kansas and Washington.

Angry taxpayers are pushing for the welfare recipients who took these vacations to be removed from the system, arguing that they don’t need to be on welfare if they can afford to go to Hawaii or Florida. Some states have also adopted certain preventative measure by disallowing EBT transactions at liquor stores, casinos and other questionable locations.

:cowboy2:

• Upvote 7

There won't be snap cards if leftists follow the same trajectory that they have followed in the past, and starve their citizens to death like the 7,000,000 Ukranian's Stalin starved to death in 1932, and 1933. The left have a propensity to gravitate towards genocide...Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao... actually they are commiting genocide as we speak through abortion. They just love for people to die. They have nothing to offer but misery, and death.

Edited by cranster
  • Upvote 2

I guess what it boils down to Professor is what do you consider a living wage for a person with no skills , No education , No drive to succeed  and a problem 

with authority.  Not that this is a fact in every case but a healthy %.  This person even with a higher wage will never own his own home because he does not have the want too

to accomplish that goal. No. Life will continue on as it normally would for them. Its like ying and yang if you raise the pay scale for them you have to raise the pay scale for the educated. If not then you have a unskilled laborer making nearly as much as skilled labor . The more you pay labor the more you pay for the product or service rendered.

wont be long till everything would be as it was before. A unending circle of raising the wages to keep up with prices caused by raising the wages.  Then like all communist GOVT`s it collapses  

Price increases will be fundamentally necessary to pay for the wage increases, because no business is going to just willingly cover the wage nut as charity. The real world doesn't work that way. Prices will have to proportionally increase to cover the wage increase, so while they make $15.00 an hour, there will also be $8.00 big macs, and $8.00 loaves of bread. Proportionally the wage will remain the same since everything will cost double to cover the wage increase. The only difference is that if you raise minimum wage to $15.00 an hour for unskilled labor, and don't proportionally raise wages on skilled labor, all you're doing is dragging skilled labor into poverty by forcing them into minimum wage.

Edited by cranster
  • Upvote 2

Price increases will be fundamentally necessary to pay for the wage increases, because no business is going to just willingly cover the wage nut as charity. The real world doesn't work that way. Prices will have to proportionally increase to cover the wage increase, so while they make $15.00 an hour, there will also be $8.00 big macs, and $8.00 loaves of bread. Proportionally the wage will remain the same since everything will cost double to cover the wage increase. The only difference is that if you raise minimum wage to $15.00 an hour for unskilled labor, and don't proportionally raise wages on skilled labor, all you're doing is dragging skilled labor into poverty by forcing them into minimum wage.

Don't forget the tax base will increase because of the rise in income.   Liberals have it coming and going, their supporters don't know what they are doing to themselves.

-

• Upvote 2