Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Kommandant Obama has gone too far

http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/04/priests-threatened-with-arrest-if-they-minister-to-military-during-shutdown/

Priests threatened with arrest if they minister to military during shutdown

Posted By Alex Pappas On 3:45 PM 10/04/2013 In Politics | No Comments

In a stunning development, some military priests are facing arrest if they celebrate mass or practice their faith on military bases during the federal government shutdown.

“With the government shutdown, many [government service] and contract priests who minister to Catholics on military bases worldwide are not permitted to work – not even to volunteer,” wrote John Schlageter, the general counsel for the Archdiocese for the Military Services USA, in an op-ed this week. “During the shutdown, it is illegal for them to minister on base and they risk being arrested if they attempt to do so.”

According to its website, the Archdiocese for the Military Services “provides the Catholic Church’s full range of pastoral ministries and spiritual services to those in the United States Armed Forces.”

In his piece, Schlageter worries about this restriction as Sunday nears. “If the government shutdown continues through the weekend, there will be no Catholic priest to celebrate Mass this Sunday in the chapels at some U.S. military installations where non-active-duty priests serve as government contractors,” he wrote.

Because of the lack of active-duty Catholic chaplains, the military relies on hiring civilian priests to serve as government service and contract ministers. Those civilian priests are not allowed on the bases during a shutdown, Schlageter wrote.

One Republican lawmaker on the House Intelligence Committee told The Daily Caller on Friday that this “crosses a constitutional line.”

“The constitutional rights of those who put their lives on the line for this nation do not end with a government slowdown,” Kansas Rep. Mike Pompeo, a graduate of West Point and an Army veteran, said in a Friday statement. ”It is completely irresponsible for the president to turn his back on every American’s First Amendment rights by furloughing military contract clergy.”

Added Pompeo: “The President’s strategy during the slowdown, just as during the sequestration, is to create as much pain as possible. However, this action crosses a constitutional line of obstructing every U.S. service member’s ability to practice his or her religion.”

Edited by Markinsa
Added text from link
  • Upvote 8

Roadrunner, who do you think is responsible for the shutdown?

Have you not been paying attention; Grand Old Party (GOP) Republicans

BS  The libtards and their messiah won't even show up to meet with the GOP wake up bud.  Simple case of "Taking MY football and going home" O is PO'd because he knows nobody wants his BS healthcare fiasco, so now he's throwing a tantrum like a spoiled child and his goons are following right in step.  Then HE wants to raise the limit on the credit card again, now tell me something.  If you can't pay your credit card bill, does it make more sense to make cut backs in your budget or increase your credit limit? ........................ Ya that's what I thought too. <_<

Oh wait a minute senator O was crying about how having to raise the limit being irresponsible and absurd, now pres O has got the credit card and wants to up his limit over and over again......................oops I better stop now or someone will call me a racist how dare I disagree with him.

Thanks for the post RR!

Edited by DiveDeepSix
  • Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

BS  The libtards and their messiah won't even show up to meet with the GOP wake up bud.  Simple case of "Taking MY football and going home" O is PO'd because he knows nobody wants his BS healthcare fiasco, so now he's throwing a tantrum like a spoiled child and his goons are following right in step.  Then HE wants to raise the limit on the credit card again, now tell me something.  If you can't pay your credit card bill, does it make more sense to make cut backs in your budget or increase your credit limit? ........................ Ya that's what I thought too. <_<

Oh wait a minute senator O was crying about how having to raise the limit being irresponsible and absurd, now pres O has got the credit card and wants to up his limit over and over again......................oops I better stop now or someone will call me a racist how dare I disagree with him.

Thanks for the post RR!

The Health Care Act was passed years ago right?

The Republicans lost, and now they are attempting to fight the exact same fight again by not funding it.

Big Business does not want to foot the bill, I get it.

It is all about the money. LOL

I am NOT an Obama fan, fact is - I never voted for him.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

The Republicans lost, and now they are attempting to fight the exact same fight again by not funding it.

It's not just big business, it's all business, we can NOT afford Obamacare, it WILL ruin small business and unemployment will run rampant, families can't afford Obamacare,  it's going to ruin this country! The trickledown unemployment that will result from this will wipe us out, the GOP knows it the Dems know it but just don't give a damn.   I'm the owner of several small businesses, if it wasn't for my pride and belief in this country I'd close them all down and go on the government entitlement programs like the rest of the parasites, hell they live better then I do now, make more then I do now, and I'm the one taking all the risk!!!  When you kill the American dream you turn this country into a communist state and that's exactly where we are headed, I do believe we will have a revolution before it goes that far, but something is coming be it peaceful (I hope) or otherwise, we the taxpayers keeping this country a float are sick of taking care of people with no intention of helping out!

• Upvote 5

I don't care who is responsible.  They are all acting like spoiled children not wanting to bend their will in order to compromise.  They need to ALL be taken out to the woodshed.  If this is true then I encourage any of our members who are or have been ordained to call their local military base and volunteer their services.  I do not know why these arrogant idiots think that they deserve their pay yet expect the security and area police to work without theirs.  At least the local security are actually working.  I say suspend all their incomes except for those who are laying their lives on the line until they come up with an agreement.  If these idiots no longer have their expense accounts then maybe they would have motivation to actually work.

• Upvote 4

I don't care who is responsible.  They are all acting like spoiled children not wanting to bend their will in order to compromise.  They need to ALL be taken out to the woodshed.  If this is true then I encourage any of our members who are or have been ordained to call their local military base and volunteer their services.  I do not know why these arrogant idiots think that they deserve their pay yet expect the security and area police to work without theirs.  At least the local security are actually working.  I say suspend all their incomes except for those who are laying their lives on the line until they come up with an agreement.  If these idiots no longer have their expense accounts then maybe they would have motivation to actually work.

That I'd agree with in a micro second!  They would have the problem fixed in minutes if they got their pay stopped, it's complete BS you are 100% right and they should hang for it! :twothumbs:

This came from JonJon on another thread but is plenty relevant here too:

There is really nothing complicated about the facts. The Republican-controlled House of Representatives voted all the money required to keep all government activities going -- except for ObamaCare.

This is not a matter of opinion. You can check the Congressional Record.

As for the House of Representatives' right to grant or withhold money, that is not a matter of opinion either. You can check the Constitution of the United States. All spending bills must originate in the House of Representatives, which means that Congressmen there have a right to decide whether or not they want to spend money on a particular government activity.

Whether ObamaCare is good, bad or indifferent is a matter of opinion. But it is a matter of fact that members of the House of Representatives have a right to make spending decisions based on their opinion.

ObamaCare is indeed "the law of the land," as its supporters keep saying, and the Supreme Court has upheld its Constitutionality.

But the whole point of having a division of powers within the federal government is that each branch can decide independently what it wants to do or not do, regardless of what the other branches do, when exercising the powers specifically granted to that branch by the Constitution.

The hundreds of thousands of government workers who have been laid off are not idle because the House of Representatives did not vote enough money to pay their salaries or the other expenses of their agencies -- unless they are in an agency that would administer ObamaCare.

Since we cannot read minds, we cannot say who -- if anybody -- "wants to shut down the government." But we do know who had the option to keep the government running and chose not to. The money voted by the House of Representatives covered everything that the government does, except for ObamaCare.

The Senate chose not to vote to authorize that money to be spent, because it did not include money for ObamaCare. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid says that he wants a "clean" bill from the House of Representatives, and some in the media keep repeating the word "clean" like a mantra. But what is unclean about not giving Harry Reid everything he wants?

If Senator Reid and President Obama refuse to accept the money required to run the government, because it leaves out the money they want to run ObamaCare, that is their right. But that is also their responsibility.

You cannot blame other people for not giving you everything you want. And it is a fraud to blame them when you refuse to use the money they did vote, even when it is ample to pay for everything else in the government.

When Barack Obama keeps claiming that it is some new outrage for those who control the money to try to change government policy by granting or withholding money, that is simply a bald-faced lie. You can check the history of other examples of "legislation by appropriation" as it used to be called.

Whether legislation by appropriation is a good idea or a bad idea is a matter of opinion. But whether it is both legal and not unprecedented is a matter of fact.

Perhaps the biggest of the big lies is that the government will not be able to pay what it owes on the national debt, creating a danger of default. Tax money keeps coming into the Treasury during the shutdown, and it vastly exceeds the interest that has to be paid on the national debt.

Even if the debt ceiling is not lifted, that only means that government is not allowed to run up new debt. But that does not mean that it is unable to pay the interest on existing debt.

None of this is rocket science. But unless the Republicans get their side of the story out -- and articulation has never been their strong suit -- the lies will win. More important, the whole country will lose.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/162556-obamacare-can-be-defunded-without-senate-approval/page-2#ixzz2gnRslgdS

• Upvote 2

why sit down the Party of NO, there will be no talks only demands and from the looks of it the GOP will lose the house in 2014.  Watch and Learn.

No worries Gym all will be ok, they fail to read the above and only see what they want to see.  GOP lost and now it is pay back.  I hate say but i think my party has been out smarted.  Where is Ronald Reagan or the Bush Crew.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

why sit down the Party of NO, there will be no talks only demands and from the looks of it the GOP will lose the house in 2014.  Watch and Learn.

No worries Gym all will be ok, they fail to read the above and only see what they want to see.  GOP lost and now it is pay back.  I hate say but i think my party has been out smarted.  Where is Ronald Reagan or the Bush Crew.

Don't worry Gym no matter what you say it is wrong.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

this is not a party issue, this is a Constitutional freedom issue, and a major economic assault issue, but you seem to look forward to the demise of this great Nation.

• Upvote 4

Perhaps if they stop reacting (done out of habit, bad ones) and start responding requiring genuine thought and consideration of the rule of law we would see honest resolve!! 

Imagine that!   :peace:

• Upvote 1

BS The libtards and their messiah won't even show up to meet with the GOP wake up bud. Simple case of "Taking MY football and going home" O is PO'd because he knows nobody wants his BS healthcare fiasco, so now he's throwing a tantrum like a spoiled child and his goons are following right in step. Then HE wants to raise the limit on the credit card again, now tell me something. If you can't pay your credit card bill, does it make more sense to make cut backs in your budget or increase your credit limit? ........................ Ya that's what I thought too. <_<

Thanks for the post RR!

The buck stops with obama, time for him to man-up and do his job.

BS The libtards and their messiah won't even show up to meet with the GOP wake up bud. Simple case of "Taking MY football and going home" O is PO'd because he knows nobody wants his BS healthcare fiasco, so now he's throwing a tantrum like a spoiled child and his goons are following right in step. Then HE wants to raise the limit on the credit card again, now tell me something. If you can't pay your credit card bill, does it make more sense to make cut backs in your budget or increase your credit limit? ........................ Ya that's what I thought too. <_<

good post dds.

Thanks for the post RR!

Ruby's quote from the movie Cold Mountain...

"Every piece of this is man's bullsh*t.

They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say

'Sh*t, it's raining!"

good one Maggie

that's a real crock of dog poop

Edited by easy

It's amazin' to me that the politicians "on both sides are still drawin' a pay check (though I have heard that a few have said they will donate their paycheck ...we shall see if that's not just another "sayin' what we want to hear" comment)!!! Shouldn't leaders lead by example??? Maybe they would get something done if they had to live like the rest of us... just say in'!!!

• Upvote 2

It's amazin' to me that the politicians "on both sides are still drawin' a pay check (though I have heard that a few have said they will donate their paycheck ...we shall see if that's not just another "sayin' what we want to hear" comment)!!! Shouldn't leaders lead by example??? Maybe they would get something done if they had to live like the rest of us... just say in'!!!

Agreed

• Upvote 1

We need to somehow purge what we have and reboot the whole system. Leaders should always lead by example, for the right of respect, and the right of leadership to begin with. Our so called leaders that we have now seem more interested in theatrics and comedy than we the people (the tax payers!). If they keep it up... there going to take out small business, the will to work, and free enterprise altogether. I truly love this country...but I'm leaving it if, or when that happens ( I pray it doesn't!). So many have left and cashed out already, paid double down taxes on their money just to get out. As a small business owner like many here, I'm tired of it and think we deserve better. 

stooges.jpg

:angry:

Edited by LAWRENCEOFDINARIA
  • Upvote 4

Roadrunner, who do you think is responsible for the shutdown?

Have you not been paying attention; Grand Old Party (GOP) Republicans

Another Obama zombie. Do you really believe those lies Obama and his hit men are putting out there?  Have you been listening to crazy Chris Matthews again?  This regime is evil!

• Upvote 2