Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I wasn`t sure if I wanted too actually start a tread  on this idea, it has had me puzzled as a lot of us has been..  the big question  {  why has this not popped yet ?  what are they waiting on ??? and things like this }  I have been in the side spots as of lately , the pump we were getting from the chapter 7 deal,  the taken over of the funds , the relations of the Kuwait and Iraq , every thing seems to be going sideways from a lot of the reports we have been giving --- from the Iraqi sources ,  most likely controlled by the g.o.i  in some way or  other !  the BIGGEST KICK  I seem to have grabbed onto , was that bestest article ,,  the dinar is worth , and can handle,   2.50 per dinar ,   then the same guy comes out and states the effect of not going ahead with the re-value or redenomination of the currency is going to cost billions too the economy of Iraq! {  this guy is the minister of commerce and trading <---- I think that one is right } ....  now we are seeing they will not have any movement in the currency until after the election of parliament, or government officials  next year,  :wacko:  ...   now lets take a step back and look at what seems too be going on --- 1 they are ready as heck { or so they act like it }  to get the dinar on it`s feet and the economy going as it was in the past ----> {  over 3.00 }  but this idea is coming off a bit hazy ,  if they can go back to when it was in this range they also must be thinking they need a government that was in place at that time , a dictatorship , { the more I read maliki is here and there and his hands are in every thing he looks like the big tator  < ---- if you get my drift ...}   but if they are going to get the ministers  and the judicial side of government on line { on line meaning ,  voted  or  appointed to office , this must be the lines we keep seeing ------>  not moving until next year ,   don`t get me wrong  I would really like too see this at a,   2 too 1 value ,,  yesterday !   but I have said a couple time already through other postings  I feel like the 1 2014  time line ,  and now that is looking a bit too soon :( ... we need ministers in all offices , we need the judicial system and judges in office and government officers working like it is in other western ideal situations ,   { which means  those blast that are going off every day need to be slowed wayyyy   down to almost non existence ,   which is going to be a monumental task ,}  and with the new guy on the scene ,  not getting along with maliki and going to the other area`s of Iraq and talking to those leaders  , looks like he is either going to run for  prime minister,  or a government big job that will need 2 or 3  big players backing him ,  {  for get the guys name but he is in the news last couple days , }  we see electric is about 24 hours aday ,  the water system I think is coming along , they are hitting that one hard also , to provide for farming , and inter-city ,, !      but at the end of my rant here ,  don`t get too put off ,   and discouraged ,  they still have a few hundred bills to pass, and seats in government to get filled,   but between now and then  c.b.i.  could let this deal push right out , and get passed through the g.o.i . when I started looing at the head lines a few years ago, I put Iraq at a time line of when the early America was just getting out and heading west ,  a lot to do and a lot has been completed,   now ,, they seem to be in the 1960`s area of government --- and the banking is in the late 1980`s and early to late 1990`s , as far as electronic , and data cards ... so when all the news looks like every thing is looking like up to date , government and regional goveremnts are getting along ... that will be a big pointer in what Iraq is getting done ... just my thoughts   and sorry if it went on to long ;)    just wanting a 25,ooo to be a 25,ooo 

• Upvote 6

the BIGGEST KICK  I seem to have grabbed onto , was that bestest article ,,  the dinar is worth , and can handle,   2.50 per dinar ,  

the article you are referring to was saying they could support 2.5 times the current value which would be 466 dinar per dollar ..... not 1 dinar = $2.50

there were about 4 or 5 threads dedicated to that article go back and read them.

All I can say is , this is a waiting game ...... In the end they may RV or they may do nothing thats why its called speculation.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

That's not how I read it either. The quote was 2.5 times the us dollar they didn't say 2.5 times the Iraq dinar - the article said dollar. I'm with jeepguy.  Plus there have been follow up articles stating the value should return to what it was previously at above $3.  Not dinar but $3 USD

Edited by sundog

I believe we all have the same idea. Lets watch what japan is about to do with the temporary constitution set up when the war ended 1945 I think I heard they are about to do a reform of this constitution, and put in the sort of system resembling the old post war ideas. Now I wonder if Iraq is looking at the road forward, and the old ways of the Arab regions.. seems like in the 60-s they were prosperous then and I am thinking they liked that alot- thanks for the conversation all ideas are good to read gives us material to make our own decisions

They're not waiting on ANYTHING. Their currency can stay the way it is FOREVER. Know that.

Infact that's the way it has been for the last 10 years.. If there was really an extreme urgency for them to RV their currency, they would have taken all the appropriate actions  at all levels  pushing  any way they could in order  to get what they wanted earlier.

So far it didn't happen (yet).

It appears it's not such a priority for them to RV their currency.

Edited by umbertino

I believe we all have the same idea. Lets watch what japan is about to do with the temporary constitution set up when the war ended 1945 I think I heard they are about to do a reform of this constitution, and put in the sort of system resembling the old post war ideas. Now I wonder if Iraq is looking at the road forward, and the old ways of the Arab regions.. seems like in the 60-s they were prosperous then and I am thinking they liked that alot- thanks for the conversation all ideas are good to read gives us material to make our own decisions

As for the violence, Iraqis (some of them) disagree with a US installed government (puppet?) and they will keep bombing - they have been bombing from day one of the 2003 invasion.

What might stop the bombing is a better economy and the remaining people who want peace and pressuring rebel factions to give up...not sure how that will happen, but it has to. The bombing cannot stop thru higher security because it is grass roots terror - they cannot stop it. Or they would have.

better economy = Rv = less violence

They're not waiting on ANYTHING. Their currency can stay the way it is FOREVER. Know that.

Don't neg him for the truth - many threads have been devoted to the debate over staying with the dollar and leaving the dinar weak. It is possible.

Unlikely though.