Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Obama Inc. Warns Family Members of Wounded Fort Hood Soldiers Not to Talk to Media

aliciadogz

Obama Inc. Warns Family Members of Wounded Fort Hood Soldiers Not to Talk to Media

August 8, 2013 By Daniel Greenfield 1 Comment

The beginning of Nidal Hasan’s trial and his open admission to being an Islamic terrorist has highlighted the cases of servicemen wounded by Hasan and the refusal to Obama Inc. to concede that they were wounded in a terrorist attack.

Their voices are now being silenced by the same system that has bent over backward to cater to Nidal Hasan, flying him out daily on a chopper and continuing to pay his salary.Autumn Manning tweet: @WWWife.Fort Hood family members of wounded being told they can't talk 2 press.I'am not in military and still have my 1st amendment rights TY very much. DOD slapping victims with gag orders after # Ft.Hood testimony.Can't talk denial of benefits and separating family of deceased from wounded.Autumn Manning,wife of Army Sgt.Shawn Manning who was in Ft.Hood terror attack,is speaking out on Twitter.Manning claims that the Department of Defense has "Slapped victims of violence with gag orders" and is preventing them discuss denial of benefits and other developments in the wake of the attack.

• Upvote 2

***///

hobummer is on a massive campaign jaunt to silence

every TRUTH which exposes his idiocy.

Having gone so far as to recruit left-wing zealots to form his "NUDGE GANGS" is only

the tip of the iceberg for these commies.

Threatening everyone from SCOTUS justices, to Boehner, to Tea Party Members,

to our Military personnel,

he is as vile, self-serving and evil as any satanic monster to ever come down the pike.

• Upvote 4

***///

hobummer is on a massive campaign jaunt to silence

every TRUTH which exposes his idiocy.

Having gone so far as to recruit left-wing zealots to form his "NUDGE GANGS" is only

the tip of the iceberg for these commies.

Threatening everyone from SCOTUS justices, to Boehner, to Tea Party Members,

to our Military personnel,

he is as vile, self-serving and evil as any satanic monster to ever come down the pike.

Sgt is is trying to imitate the Son Of Perdition

• Upvote 2

OK I do not like Obama any better than anyone else but I served in the Army for 20 years & the free speech right is GIVEN UP by each & evry service member when he/she signs that contract.

It is NOT the Presidet of the United States fault that the U.S. Army will not allow service members or their families to speak to the press.

Ghee Whizz get it straight. :(

OK I do not like Obama any better than anyone else but I served in the Army for 20 years & the free speech right is GIVEN UP by each & evry service member when he/she signs that contract.

It is NOT the Presidet of the United States fault that the U.S. Army will not allow service members or their families to speak to the press.

The main body of this post is about the families.

Free speech is not given up by the family of the soldier. They have no obligation to keep quiet.

If they fall under that umbella then they should be paid by the government as employees.

The U.S. Army wil punish the soldier who is responsible for the actions of his/her dependents.

That's the way it works. Bottom line - If you like your freedoms, do not married a soldier! LOL

It is what it is, ain't no changeing the system. :(

Edited by gymrat76541

The U.S. Army will punish the soldier who is responsible for the actions of his/her dependents.

That's the way it works. Bottom line - If you like your freedoms, do not married a soldier! LOL

Is this true or is it just an opinion.  Can you bring a link on the U.S. Army regarding this.  Is it all branches of the Military.  

The U.S. Army wil punish the soldier who is responsible for the actions of his/her dependents.

Is this true or is it just an opinion. Can you bring a link on the U.S. Army regarding this. Is it all branches of the Military.

No, Pattyangel, it's his opinion or he's just wrong. “A citizen does not give up his First Amendment right to free speech when he puts on a military uniform, with small exceptions.” -former Navy Secretary James Webb. There are restrictions on time, place and manner, just look into the case of Marine Corps Sergeant Gary Stein. For instance, service members can’t go to political rallies in uniform. The issue becomes whether somebody is doing it in their professional capacity.
  • Upvote 2

No, Pattyangel, it's his opinion or he's just wrong. “A citizen does not give up his First Amendment right to free speech when he puts on a military uniform, with small exceptions.” -former Navy Secretary James Webb. There are restrictions on time, place and manner, just look into the case of Marine Corps Sergeant Gary Stein. For instance, service members can’t go to political rallies in uniform. The issue becomes whether somebody is doing it in their professional capacity.

Obviously you have NEVER served in any branch of the Armed Forces.

When you join the US Military in any branch, you sign away all rights, free speech included.

Why do you think you NEVER see service members complaining on the news about deployments or conditions.

WOW

Pick up a weapon and sign on the dotted line and you will understand. Freedom ain't free & some have to give up theirs for you to enjoy yours!

Just FYI A secretary of the Navy is a civilian position appointed by the President is it not?

"A 1968 graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy, Webb served as a Marine Corps infantry officer until 1972, and is a highly decorated Vietnam War combat veteran. During his four years with the Reagan administration, Webb served as the first Assistant Secretary of Defense for Reserve Affairs, then as Secretary of the Navy."

Article 88 of the UCMJ, 10 U.S.C. 888, makes it a crime for a commissioned military officer to use contemptuous words against the President and Congress, among others. The Department of Defense has also expanded this rule to include all military enlisted personnel (DOD Directive 1344.10). During the Monica Lewinsky scandal, two enlisted members of the military were formally reprimanded for using e-mails to mock President Clinton. Presidents Lincoln, Truman, Carter, Bush, and Obama have all decided to reprimand or remove high ranking officers for public comments that undermine or disobey presidential policy.

Other limits to military free speech include acting disrespectfully to a superior officer, insubordinate conduct, willful disobedience, conduct unbecoming an officer, and conduct prejudicial to good order (bringing disrepute onto themselves and the service) and more. These rules are more accurately described as codes of conduct than limits to free speech.

I figured all is fair seeing how it was just work place violence, doesn't that just make our soldiers employees now, lol

• Upvote 1

Just FYI A secretary of the Navy is a civilian position appointed by the President is it not?

"These rules are more accurately described as codes of conduct than limits to free speech.

Obviously, you didn't comprehend what I said and I still stand by it. Reread it and this time try to comprehend. I'll even give you a hint...IN UNIFORM.

"While the Corps has indicated through a spokesperson that it 'is not looking to file charges,' Sgt. Stein’s speech has nonetheless been chilled," the statement read. The ACLU strongly supports the First Amendment rights of servicemembers to discuss and critique the government’s policies and conduct. Speech on issues of social and political concern is recognized by the courts, including military courts, as the core of what the First Amendment is designed to protect."

• Upvote 1

Obviously, you didn't comprehend what I said and I still stand by it.

"Pick up a weapon and sign on the dotted line and you will understand. Freedom ain't free & some have to give up theirs for you to enjoy yours!"

Code of conduct - violations are punishable by the UCMJ.  

Having served in the Air Force myself from 65-78 you are absolutely correct....

and this IS the truth about it: Article 88 of the UCMJ, 10 U.S.C. 888, makes it a crime for a commissioned military officer to use contemptuous words against the President and Congress, among others. The Department of Defense has also expanded this rule to include all military enlisted personnel (DOD Directive 1344.10). During the Monica Lewinsky scandal, two enlisted members of the military were formally reprimanded for using e-mails to mock President Clinton. Presidents Lincoln, Truman, Carter, Bush, and Obama have all decided to reprimand or remove high ranking officers for public comments that undermine or disobey presidential policy.

Other limits to military free speech include acting disrespectfully to a superior officer, insubordinate conduct, willful disobedience, conduct unbecoming an officer, and conduct prejudicial to good order (bringing disrepute onto themselves and the service) and more. These rules are more accurately described as codes of conduct than limits to free speech.

what is most troubling to me about the rhetoric from both sides of the political spectrum is the fact that I hear WAY TOO FEW remembering it is our GOD GIVEN RESPONSIBILITY to PRAY for ALL in authority over us that we might lead peaceable lives of righteousness...

IMO if ALL the ones who spend time cursing the other side would spend HALF as much time PRAYING for BOTH sides..we might have HOPE that LIGHT would quickly overcome the DARKNESS...meanwhile we are only increasing that darkness by being bitter, angry and spiteful........ the WORD says that a root of bitterness defiles many...

C'MON DV Believers lets PRAY rather than curse the darkness....Eagle sermonette over  :eagle:  :praying:

• Upvote 2

August 8, 2013 By Daniel Greenfield 1 Comment

The beginning of Nidal Hasan’s trial and his open admission to being an Islamic terrorist has highlighted the cases of servicemen wounded by Hasan and the refusal to Obama Inc. to concede that they were wounded in a terrorist attack.

Their voices are now being silenced by the same system that has bent over backward to cater to Nidal Hasan, flying him out daily on a chopper and continuing to pay his salary.Autumn Manning tweet: @WWWife.Fort Hood family members of wounded being told they can't talk 2 press.I'am not in military and still have my 1st amendment rights TY very much. DOD slapping victims with gag orders after # Ft.Hood testimony.Can't talk denial of benefits and separating family of deceased from wounded.Autumn Manning,wife of Army Sgt.Shawn Manning who was in Ft.Hood terror attack,is speaking out on Twitter.Manning claims that the Department of Defense has "Slapped victims of violence with gag orders" and is preventing them discuss denial of benefits and other developments in the wake of the attack.

I don't know about you but that would make me want to talk more and louder to every person who might listen

• Upvote 2

Having served in the Air Force myself from 65-78 you are absolutely correct....

and this IS the truth about it: Article 88 of the UCMJ, 10 U.S.C. 888, makes it a crime for a commissioned military officer to use contemptuous words against the President and Congress, among others. The Department of Defense has also expanded this rule to include all military enlisted personnel (DOD Directive 1344.10). During the Monica Lewinsky scandal, two enlisted members of the military were formally reprimanded for using e-mails to mock President Clinton. Presidents Lincoln, Truman, Carter, Bush, and Obama have all decided to reprimand or remove high ranking officers for public comments that undermine or disobey presidential policy.

what is most troubling to me about the rhetoric from both sides of the political spectrum is the fact that I hear WAY TOO FEW remembering it is our GOD GIVEN RESPONSIBILITY to PRAY for ALL in authority over us that we might lead peaceable lives of righteousness...

IMO if ALL the ones who spend time cursing the other side would spend HALF as much time PRAYING for BOTH sides..we might have HOPE that LIGHT would quickly overcome the DARKNESS...meanwhile we are only increasing that darkness by being bitter, angry and spiteful........ the WORD says that a root of bitterness defiles many...

C'MON DV Believers lets PRAY rather than curse the darkness....Eagle sermonette over  :eagle:  :praying:

Nice post, but, gymrat is not correct here. He stated..." the free speech right is GIVEN UP by each & evry service member when he/she signs that contract." FLAT OUT WRONG! It is LIMITED by codes of conduct, NOT "GIVEN UP". They can't go off like a civilian, but they still have freedom of speech, if done in the PROPER manner.

Nice post, but, gymrat is not correct here. He stated..." the free speech right is GIVEN UP by each & evry service member when he/she signs that contract." FLAT OUT WRONG! It is LIMITED by codes of conduct, NOT "GIVEN UP". They can't go off like a civilian, but they still have freedom of speech, if done in the PROPER manner.

***///

AFFIRMATIVE, SIR !  Enlisting does not strip one of his Rights as an American !

Quite the opposite, it makes one Patriotic and heroic to step up to defend those Rights for ALL.

ok choice of phraseology but I think my main point was missed....the rancor and bitterness from both sides of the aisle is enough to make me weep

• Upvote 1