Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

U.S. CITY LOOKS TO PENALIZE BIBLE BELIEVERS

yota691

U.S. CITY LOOKS TO PENALIZE BIBLE BELIEVERS Critics charge 'anti-bias' requirement punishes people with moral convictions Published: 4 days ago

runruh.jpg BOB UNRUH 

girl-bible.jpg

Think it’s hot in Texas these days? Just wait a few weeks, until the San Antonio City Council ends its summer hiatus and resumes work on a proposed change to its  nondiscrimination ordinances that apparently will discriminate against all who take the Bible at its word and follow it.

That’s because the change creates a penalty for those who ever exhibit a “bias,” which clearly could include adopting the Bible’s condemnation of homosexuality, with a permanent ban on participation in city government, business or employment.

Opponents of the plan, which would add “sexual orientation” and “gender identity” to the nondiscrimination ordinances, charge it is a violation of constitutional Article VI, paragraph 3, which states, “[N]o religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.”

The opponents explain that the ordinance would bar anyone from office who has “demonstrated a bias” against someone based on categories that include “sexual orientation.”

The proposal, however, does not define “bias,” which, according to local church leaders, could mean someone who declares homosexual behavior is sinful.

The new ordinance would state: “No person shall be appointed to a position if the city council finds that such person has, prior to such proposed appointment, engaged in discrimination or demonstrated a bias, by word or deed, against any person, group or organization on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age, or disability.”

Anyone in office who demonstrates a bias would be considered guilty of “malfeasance” and removed from office.

Church leaders who oppose the proposed change argue it violates First Amendment rights to freedom of religion, freedom of speech and freedom of association. It also violates, they say, the Texas Religious Freedom Act and the Texas Constitution.

Pastor Charles Flowers of Faith Outreach International, who has been alerting city residents about the issue, told OneNewsNow that the reference to “bias” could mean anything.

“The ordinance … says that if you have at any point demonstrate a bias – without defining what a bias is or who will determine whether or not one has been exercised – that you cannot get a city contract,” Flowers said. “Neither can any of your subcontractors [who have demonstrated a bias] sign on to the contract.”

He called the measure “unprecedentedly wrong” and said “the citizens of San Antonio must stop it.”

Many pastors are concerned, reported KHOU-TV’s Joe Conger in Houston.

“Ever have a Paula Deen moment – make an off-color joke or hold a religious belief?” Conger said. “[Pastor Steve] Branson [of Village Parkway Baptist Church] says keep it to yourself if you’re involved with San Antonio city government. Proposed changes to the anti-discrimination ordinance could get you fired.”

Get the best deals on Paula Deen’s books at WND’s SuperStore.

“If you voice any opinion, no matter how many years back it’s been, it can be used against you,” Branson told the station. “City employees are going to be greatly affected by this.”

The KHOU report said more than a dozen church leaders met to discuss the looming issue.

An analysis released by pastors said the “ordinance violates Texas and federal Constitutions by creating a religious test for involvement in city government.”

The church leaders said it allows the city council “to prohibit those that speak their religious beliefs regarding homosexuality from serving on city boards.”

“For example, if a person publicly expresses their religious belief that homosexual behavior is a sin – even if this expression is at a church service – that person could be frozen out of involvement with city government.”

The analysis also contends businesses “run by people of faith will be subject to criminal penalties if they refuse to provide services that conflict with their religious beliefs relating to homosexuality.”

The council, which declined to advance the plan when it first was discussed, is scheduled to resume talks on the controversy in August.

• Upvote 2

Whats that line about " good becoming evil and evil becoming good"? Or something like that. Not that I BELIEVE that, I'm just saying. I read it somewhere. Hummm??

Isaiah 5:20-21

20 Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness; Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! 21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes, And prudent in their own sight!

WM13

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

This kind of stuff needs to stop before God takes His hand off of us

agreed ,   we are { most of those political ding-dongs } putting lord to the test,  if I go onto this  g-l-b-t- { mouse } stuff  it would be of no-good use, 

• Upvote 1

I know every one wants to fight to prevent these kind of things from happening, but the Bible clearly stated it would. I am all for trying to reach as many people as possible before that day comes, but I am also ready to see God set things straight. Its very easy to get offended but I keep one thought as consolation during these crazy times. "Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord". This includes Bill Meyher .. personally, I want a front row seat to that one.

• Upvote 2

Religious belief is a feable excuse for denying equal treatment to human beings that are born a bit different and don't feel they should have to hide it.  Those who don't realize they are using the Bible or Koran as a "noble" excuse ("But it says right here...") and justification for poor behavior based on "gut" reactions are deluding themselves.

When faith is used to justify destructive and spiteful behavior, it is being corrupted by man, which is what man does.

Peace, Prosperity and tolerance

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 6

Bexar (pronounced "Bear") County which surrounds San Antonio is one of the few Blue Counties in Texas. :(

-

Now I understand WHY they are doing this if that is the case. Most of us in Texas are against this.

What I find surprising is that most democrats claim they are Christians but it seems they are always the ones that support the things God HATES. To me it seems impossible to love God AND also love the things he hates. That is like a white person being in the KKK but saying that they also love and support Blacks, Jews, Mexicans etc. It amazes me how many Democrats claiming to be Christian don't even know that their party actively and strongly supports things that their God and their religion strictly oppose. This tells me that their political party is truly their god because they put that above him.

Democrats always vote for the laws that are anti-God, anti-Bible, anti-religion etc. 90% of the laws that are anti-God and anti-Bible are always sponsored by Democrats. The way I see it is you have to pick a side. Either you are FOR or AGAINST God. You can't be on BOTH teams. You can't serve TWO masters. That's one of the reasons I am an Independent but if I had to chose I would never pick becoming a Democrat again. I am an abortion attempt survivor so I can not side with the Democrats and support that. I also can't support their other anti-Biblical and anti-Christian policies.

***///

The Republic is guaranteed FREEDOM OF RELIGION.

Separation of Church & State has been hijacked by a political correctness run amok.

Get back to basics. Bible basics.

You are so right.

See this article about the MYTH of the Separation of Church and State: http://www.tgm.org/mythofseparation.html

Edited by GPCarter
  • Upvote 5

Now I understand WHY they are doing this if that is the case. Most of us in Texas are against this.

What I find surprising is that most democrats claim they are Christians but it seems they are always the ones that support the things God HATES. To me it seems impossible to love God AND also love the things he hates. That is like a white person being in the KKK but saying that they also love and support Blacks, Jews, Mexicans etc. It amazes me how many Democrats claiming to be Christian don't even know that their party actively and strongly supports things that their God and their religion strictly oppose. This tells me that their political party is truly their god because they put that above him.

Democrats always vote for the laws that are anti-God, anti-Bible, anti-religion etc. 90% of the laws that are anti-God and anti-Bible are always sponsored by Democrats. The way I see it is you have to pick a side. Either you are FOR or AGAINST God. You can't be on BOTH teams. You can't serve TWO masters. That's one of the reasons I am an Independent but if I had to chose I would never pick becoming a Democrat again. I am an abortion attempt survivor so I can not side with the Democrats and support that. I also can't support their other anti-Biblical and anti-Christian policies.

You are so right.

See this article about the MYTH of the Separation of Church and State: http://www.tgm.org/mythofseparation.html

Bexar County People Facts: - 2012

People - Line 1

Bexar County - Line 2

Texas - Line 3

White alone, percent, 2012 (a)

85.6%

80.6%

Black or African American alone, percent, 2012 (a)

8.1%

12.3%

American Indian and Alaska Native alone, percent,

2012 (a)

1.2%

1.0%

Asian alone, percent, 2012 (a)

2.7%

4.2%

Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone,

percent, 2012 (a)

0.2%

0.1%

Two or More Races, percent, 2012

2.1%

1.7%

Hispanic or Latino, percent, 2012 (

59.1%

38.2%

White alone, not Hispanic or Latino, percent, 2012

29.8%

44.5%

This just makes me sick to my stomach. 

So it is now that Christians who are banished more and more from exercising our principles in office and the public square, and this will continue until we say NO MORE!!! pushing against our religious liberty.  If we Christian do not accept to be ruled over by secular humanistic atheism, then we are not to walk the path they offer us, but to choose our own.

Choose for yourself whom you will serve.

Go back to the truth of the Declaration of Independence, and return back to the founding fathers principles. Our Constitution does not require God to be stripped from law.  Atheism has imposed this into the legal system.  No more sitting on the sidelines, its time to act or lose our religious liberty. 

Don't live in denial, totalitarian regimes ruled nations, such as in Germany or Russia. They came for the Jews, they are coming for the Christians. 

Yes, it says, in the bible Christians will be persecuted in the name of Christ.  I will not go down without a fight, I will fight for God.  I will fight for my grandchildren.  :angry: 

Sorry, I'm just a little fluster by this,  and I'm sure there is more to come.  :( 

Is my typing showing small?  Like smaller than normal.  I'm seeing it small on my end.  A simple yes or no would do. 

Edited by pattyangel
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The only thing keeping God's hand on our country is being a friend to Israel. With Obama doing his best to end this relationship, look out. It will not be good for the U.S.A

• Upvote 2

The only thing keeping God's hand on our country is being a friend to Israel. With Obama doing his best to end this relationship, look out. It will not be good for the U.S.A

AJC,

Please do a study on the "star of Remphan" and "your god Moloch" mentioned in Acts 7:43. Used to think the same way you did until God revealed to me the revelation of this. It's a very interesting stuff. Do a prayerful study of it. Dr. Stephen Jones has some good books on it also. The struggle for the birthright, who is a Jew, and who is an Israelite. All his books are free downloadable pdfs, http://www.gods-kingdom-ministries.net/teachings/books/

WM13

• Upvote 1

Bottom line the Ordinance will discriminate against people who think a certain way in favor people who think the opposite.

-

So, is it wrong to discriminate against people who not just believe but act on a belief that it is OK to discriminate against certain kinds of people?

I thought religion was supposed to be about love.  But, I suppose there has always been and will always be those who feel it justifies hate.  What is the christian equivalent of Al Qaeda?

Bring on the negs. I view them as a badge of HONOR, which yall clearly lack.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So, is it wrong to discriminate against people who not just believe but act on a belief that it is OK to discriminate against certain kinds of people?

I thought religion was supposed to be about love.  But, I suppose there has always been and will always be those who feel it justifies hate.  What is the christian equivalent of Al Qaeda?

Well said. Just remember - a good argument is only that - reason. 

What we are dealing with is faith. It doesn't require that quality.

I am afraid you are dealing with a force here that does not listen.

Sort of like when Sen Rob Portman was against gays for years - then his own son told him he was *** and that it was NOT a choice...only THEN could he be persuaded to see the issue through reason, not blind faith, and change his policy.

My statement was faith neutral. Its like that old Star Trek Episode where two aliens one Black & White and the other White & Black, were the last two of their kind and they killed each other in the end.  That is what this Proposed Change to the Ordinace will do.  It will discriminate based on a person's past and present thought.  Would you want someone telling you what you think is a basis for your continued employment? 

-

"Sick"

Perhaps this is calling names. Not sure. Have to wait and see if this falls under the "rules"

Please report rule violations to the Mod Staff using the "Report" option on the bottom right..

Christianity is about love, but not the type of love that capitulates toward wickedness and injustice.  Christians act with love to curb laws and actions that justify limitations of freedom and abuse of those who think differently.  The law, if passed, will itself discriminate and foster persecution for any violation.  It is love that lets people know when something is bad for them. It is not love when one sits quietly by and does nothing. 

• Upvote 2

Christianity is about love, but not the type of love that capitulates toward wickedness and injustice.  Christians act with love to curb laws and actions that justify limitations of freedom and abuse of those who think differently.  The law, if passed, will itself discriminate and foster persecution for any violation.  It is love that lets people know when something is bad for them. It is not love when one sits quietly by and does nothing. 

Agree.

• Upvote 2

Ok.....Due to being one of Jehovah's Witnesses for 20 years and recently exiting the cult....What am I?  Since I was never involved in politics I can only go on what I like.  

1.  I am very pro gun.  I understand that is a republican kind of thing.

2.  I am pro Zimmerman and against Trayvon

I am for *** marriage.  Why?  Because it isn't my business what people do behind closed doors.  However I hate seeing them fondle each other in public.  But I wouldn't like to see a straight couple go all out in front of me either.

I am against religion.  I have read the bible many times as a witness.  I think religion is a very destructive force.  

So I have some things republican and some things democrat.  What am I?

And just to keep it on topic, I think calling anyone a dirty homo and terrorizing them is WRONG!  That is what this bill seems to suggest doing something about it which I agree with.

What Are You?  Not my place to judge you... but it sounds to me like...

You know who God is... and you subscribe to no organized religion.

You know what politics is... and you subscribe to no political party's platform. 

To me that sounds like a free thinking and free acting Rebel.

Please know I mean that in only the best ways.

God Is Love :)

AJC,

Please do a study on the "star of Remphan" and "your god Moloch" mentioned in Acts 7:43. Used to think the same way you did until God revealed to me the revelation of this. It's a very interesting stuff. Do a prayerful study of it. Dr. Stephen Jones has some good books on it also. The struggle for the birthright, who is a Jew, and who is an Israelite. All his books are free downloadable pdfs, http://www.gods-kingdom-ministries.net/teachings/books/

WM13

Thank You Waterman :) I'm going to pull these up... sounds like some important sources that we all may want to check out.

Israel may not be the friend that some believe they are. JMHO