Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Smart cards for electronic shopping

TBomb

07/22/2013 12:00 AM

Baghdad morning
counting academic economic Essam Almhau Following; cards use electronic payment as the phenomenon of civilized aims to reduce the use of banknotes. called Almhau Following told (morning): the need to mainstream work out and expand the use to include paying bills and shopping from the big markets deployed in the province of Baghdad and the rest of the other provinces. pointing out that there is a desire among some owners of those markets using electronic payment systems as represented by the ease in getting money and traded in this way, as well as it's healthy and in place in most countries of the world., and expressed the hope that this will be of service free for shoppers and citizens without any commission.

http://www.alsabaah.iq/ArticleShow.aspx?ID=50602

• Upvote 3

07/22/2013 12:00 AM

Baghdad morning

counting academic economic Essam المحاويلي cards use electronic payment as the phenomenon of civilized aims to reduce the use of banknotes. called المحاويلي told (morning): the need to mainstream work out and expand the use to include paying bills and shopping from the big markets deployed in the province of Baghdad and the rest of the other provinces. pointing out that there is a desire among some owners of those markets using electronic payment systems as represented by the ease in getting money and traded in this way, as well as it's healthy and in place in most countries of the world., and expressed the hope that this will be of service free for shoppers and citizens without any commission.

http://www.alsabaah.iq/ArticleShow.aspx?ID=50602

Zig, I agree with you.  It looks as though they are working towards an electronic "currency" world.  Does anyone remember the conversations Scooter had here regarding Iraq having the most advanced banking system in the world at some point?  At the point of the RV, think how easy it would be for the average consumer, and one that may not have a full understanding of the dropping of 000s and the new value, when the conversion can be done electronically and transfered onto the cards, and lesser educated do not get taken advantage of.

Perhaps Iraq is eliminating their currency for the most part, and I believe this is where the whole world in headed.

Zig, remember a year or so ago when you said a national meeting would never take place?  You were right about that too.  Must be the camel influence.  B)

Edited by Carrello

Ok I have a question......They keep talking about these smart cards but have they been implemented yet? Are people using them or is this just a concept for the future. Cause I've been reading about these cards for a while now but Im not sure as to the status of the situation. Its a great idea but have they been put into effect ?

Ok I have a question......They keep talking about these smart cards but have they been implemented yet? Are people using them or is this just a concept for the future. Cause I've been reading about these cards for a while now but Im not sure as to the status of the situation. Its a great idea but have they been put into effect ?

In April they said they would be loaded the 'end if the seventh month' that's the last update I have seen with an exact timeframe to load them.

• Upvote 2

I believe they do have ration cards but ran into some problems.  They were fingerprint coded unfortunately fingerprints change through the years so many of them did not work.  The new cards will have retina coding, the retina does not change through the years.  The qi cards are going to be the national/international card as I understand it.  I assume the qi cards are the same as the smart card.  These cards will be used for everything, including payroll.  However they may be talking about two different cards, I am still unclear.

Cat reminded me of the article when these cards would be distributed or loaded would be this month.  I happen to think it is close, because of the articles coming out about them.  Educating the people again how and why these cards will make their lives easier.   Of course they would have to go to the bank I would think and set up accounts for these to work.  Which is what the banks need and want.  

Its quite the sophisticated system, and I am sure they have hit some snags along the way when they are loaded and ready to roll.  I would say d day is close.

Zig, I agree with you.  It looks as though they are working towards an electronic "currency" world.  Does anyone remember the conversations Scooter had here regarding Iraq having the most advanced banking system in the world at some point?  At the point of the RV, think how easy it would be for the average consumer, and one that may not have a full understanding of the dropping of 000s and the new value, when the conversion can be done electronically and transfered onto the cards, and lesser educated do not get taken advantage of.

Perhaps Iraq is eliminating their currency for the most part, and I believe this is where the whole world in headed.

Zig, remember a year or so ago when you said a national meeting would never take place?  You were right about that too.  Must be the camel influence.  B)

I have a kamel kontact.

I agree Zig...they seem to be ramping up the education of the public all of a sudden. I think we are close to seeing something...what I have no idea...but something. Lol

Here is the article about the 'end of the seventh month'

http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/146845-the-end-of-the-seventh-international-smart-card-will-be/?fromsearch=1

Very interesting paragraph Tbomb!  This is the first time they admit the cards aim is to reduce the use of banknotes.  This may be why they have not put fresh dinar in Iraq, they are going to use the cards, and they are waiting to implement them.

of course it is. iraqis dont like dinars

Just another way to not use the dinar, or need to use it

of course it is. iraqis dont like dinars

Just another way to not use the dinar, or need to use it

It takes care of many issues at the same time.  Counterfeiting, money laundering, no tattered dinar, for starters.  What I wonder if they were to move to a new currency, lets say they RD or RV do they really have to print one dinar?

Doesnt mean anything drastic for the country. even if it was used for sterilization or a contractionary policy. if the cbi was removing drastic amounts of currency....inflation would soar. very similar to qe3, when the fed stops pumping dollars into te economy. eventually they will stopand reverse....thisly when inflation is visible

It takes care of many issues at the same time.  Counterfeiting, money laundering, no tattered dinar, for starters.  What I wonder if they were to move to a new currency, lets say they RD or RV do they really have to print one dinar?

of course they would print a currency. otherwise theres no such thing as a dinar. has no effect on the value of a dinar.

its no different than a prepaid visa card. put a hundred bucks on it...go to europe and you can buy something priced i. euros.

Some dinar dealersalone havesold billions of dinar....qnd collectively now a few trillion id guess. front page advertisement on fox news and other major networks. pretty soonwalmart will ask of youd like to buy a million at the checkoit counter. does them no good to remove dinar from iraq if theres still trillions aroind the world

Biggest news networkin the country has dinaradvertisments. id saythe cats out. id say there was about 100,000 dinar holders....pretty soon theyll be half a mill

Doesnt mean anything drastic for the country. even if it was used for sterilization or a contractionary policy. if the cbi was removing drastic amounts of currency....inflation would soar. very similar to qe3, when the fed stops pumping dollars into te economy. eventually they will stopand reverse....thisly when inflation is visible

of course they would print a currency. otherwise theres no such thing as a dinar. has no effect on the value of a dinar.

its no different than a prepaid visa card. put a hundred bucks on it...go to europe and you can buy something priced i. euros.

How does removing the money supply increase inflation??? it does the exact opposite...

not sure where you came up with that.

• Upvote 1

Some dinar dealersalone havesold billions of dinar....qnd collectively now a few trillion id guess. front page advertisement on fox news and other major networks. pretty soonwalmart will ask of youd like to buy a million at the checkoit counter. does them no good to remove dinar from iraq if theres still trillions aroind the world

Biggest news networkin the country has dinaradvertisments. id saythe cats out. id say there was about 100,000 dinar holders....pretty soon theyll be half a mill

Your exaggerating sandstorm.  For every ad for dinar there is another one calling it a scam.  I would bet most every person you meet on the street and you asked them about the IQD, they would look at you like your a nut about to pop.  OR think it is a scam.

• Upvote 1

Articles like this will continue to be put out there until the new currency is issued in lower denominations,then they will declare our notes insolvent.then they will RV the new currency.this plan helps Iraq greatly while it destroys any chance of us to even recoup our money.for them,this is the best case scenario.THINK about it.would'nt this be what you would do?