Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Useful Diversion for RV?

pyrithione zinc

This morning I was watching the Zimmerman trial on fox when the news ticker at the bottom of the screen flash about the impending doom in Egypt and what struck is the immediate message that the markets are closing at 1 pm today. They say it will make the market too volatile.

When have they closed the markets because of a cou d'etat? .....hmm maybe RV !!!???

just askin'

• Upvote 2

You maybe on to something, but please understand that we don't understand that they understand, which leads to speculation. 

Good thought process. You could be a DT.  :salute:

***///

Now YOUR thought process is about right.... :wave:  :lmao:   Beautifully put.

Haven't laughed out loud in a while, bro! Thanks! :lol:

..."we don't understand what they understand"...."leads to speculation".... SO TRUE!, SO TRUE!

As far as the markets closing:

1. TPTB who always make money off wars are gearing up for their high season in The M.E.

2. The same PTB - who also own the Central Banks - are controlling everything there and are protecting their ASSests in case Morsi wants to rob them blind on his way outta town......(not that he has to, he's got all OUR TAXPAYER DOLLARS obummer GAVE him.....)

3. Prepping for Ramadan

4. Long shot - but a very groovy thought - an RV may be falling into place so all the muslim banks can jump on/in line.

Opinions are like you-know-whats.... and everybody's gonna have one.

... there're probably many, many reasons for it.... but we may never hit on the truth of it,

as the Truth does not reside in that place.  For if it did, how could one explain the evil maliki. :confused2:

• Upvote 2

According to another member here, cowtoter that does not post, he heard on CNBC that 

the markets would be closing today due to the 4th of July holiday. Now do the markets 

usually close early for the 4h? I don't know.  

Having traded Forex a number of years, the answer to your question is no--they have never in my recollection and years of doing this closed shop early.

Now with "markets" are they referring to strictly the US markets closing early?  London as of now, is closed, as well as Asia [Tokyo], Frankfurt, and Sydney

• Upvote 1

Having traded Forex a number of years, the answer to your question is no--they have never in my recollection and years of doing this closed shop early.

Now with "markets" are they referring to strictly the US markets closing early?  London as of now, is closed, as well as Asia [Tokyo], Frankfurt, and Sydney

Interesting... Thank You FreckledFuzz.

• Upvote 1

But I should also add that with the 4th of July being a US holiday, it doesn't mean the other world markets I mentioned in my previous post will be closed [tomorrow] the 4th.

Another way of saying this is only the US Markets will be observing the 4th of July holiday [with US Bank institutions closed] while the rest of the world conducts business as usual

Edited by FreckledFuzz
  • Upvote 1

According to another member here, cowtoter that does not post, he heard on CNBC that 

the markets would be closing today due to the 4th of July holiday. Now do the markets 

usually close early for the 4h? I don't know.  

The Bond market always closes early for the 4th - the stock markets are business as usual until close today I believe.

• Upvote 1

Thank you for your incite. 

• Upvote 1

news flash for you stock market always closes early the day before national holidays.

I just drove by McDonalds Drive thru is empty during lunch hours must be everybody's at the bank cashing in lol

You must be right, because I haven't seen much from Thuggie today?  He probably got the word from McDonalds employees going to the bank, and decided to go cash in also!! :lol:

At least he could have reported from the drive through at the Warka Bank!

Go RV or RI Soon!!!

:backflip:

• Upvote 2

NASDAQ Trading Schedule

Regular Trading Session Schedule

The NASDAQ Stock Market Trading Sessions (Eastern Time)

Pre-Market Trading Hours from 4:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.

Market Hours from 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

After-Market Hours from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.

Quote and order-entry from 4:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.

Quotes are open and firm from 4:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.

Please Note: Closing price information reported externally by NASDAQ to market data vendors and the media is based on the price at 4:01 PM ET when the market officially closes, and is not affected by other sessions.

Read more: http://www.nasdaq.com/about/trading-schedule.aspx#ixzz2Y1QVOcmk

Calendar of Events

Holiday Schedule | Trade Date--Settlement Date Schedule

NASDAQ OMX - U.S. Equity and Options Markets Holiday Schedule
2013 Holiday   January 01, 2013 New Year's Day (Observed) Closed January 21, 2013 Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Closed February 18, 2013 President's Day - U.S. Closed March 29, 2013 Good Friday Closed May 27, 2013 Memorial Day - U.S. Closed July 03, 2013 Early Close - U.S. 1:00 p.m. July 04, 2013 Independence Day - U.S. Closed September 02, 2013 Labor Day - U.S. Closed November 28, 2013 Thanksgiving Day - U.S. Closed November 29, 2013 Early Close - U.S. 1:00 p.m. December 24, 2013 Early Close - U.S 1:00 p.m. December 25, 2013 Christmas Day Closed