Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Maliki warns Gazprom work in Kurdistan until the adoption of the law of oil and gas

yota691

ArrowSelected.png Maliki warns Gazprom work in Kurdistan until the adoption of the law of oil and gas :eyebrows: 

02/07/2013 - 15:52 | Source:   SM-1-634629974004106283.png     Economy and Business        

ArrowSelected.png Alsumaria News / Baghdad 
warned Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, on Tuesday, Gazprom denied Russian work in the Kurdistan region until the adoption of the new oil law. published Reuters, quoting Interfax news agency story that, that "al-Maliki said that it is better to suspend Gazprom denied Russian, work and wait for the adoption of the new law that is being signed the contract again under the law to avoid problems. " and bought Gazprom denied two portions in the oil fields of the Kurdistan Regional Government recently in the wake of a similar move by Exxon and Total, which raised the ire of the central government.

Prime Minister of Iraq, Gazprom Neft advised to suspend work in Kurdistan

print.gif
male_logo.pngEconomy , News | July 2, 2013

lupa_minus.jpg lupa_plus.jpg

al_maliki_and_medvedev_09102012.jpgNew - Moscow: Interfax news agency said Russian news agency on Tuesday that Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki warned the Russian company Gazprom Neft from working in the semi-autonomous Kurdistan region until the passage of the new oil law.

Gazprom Neft bought - the oil-producing arm of Gazprom Russian gas export monopoly - two portions in the oil fields of the Kurdistan Regional Government in the wake of a similar move by Exxon and Total which angered the central government in Baghdad.

Russian agency quoted Maliki as saying "It is better that the company attaches its work and is waiting for approval of the new law that is going to sign a contract again under the law to avoid problems."

The delay in the promulgation of the law for years because of the power struggle between Sunnis and Shiites and Kurds.

Edited by yota691
  • Upvote 4

ArrowSelected.png Maliki warns Gazprom work in Kurdistan until the adoption of the law of oil and gas :eyebrows: 

02/07/2013 - 15:52 | Source:   SM-1-634629974004106283.png     Economy and Business        

ArrowSelected.png Alsumaria News / Baghdad 

warned Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, on Tuesday, Gazprom denied Russian work in the Kurdistan region until the adoption of the new oil law. published Reuters, quoting Interfax news agency story that, that "al-Maliki said that it is better to suspend Gazprom denied Russian, work and wait for the adoption of the new law that is being signed the contract again under the law to avoid problems. " and bought Gazprom denied two portions in the oil fields of the Kurdistan Regional Government recently in the wake of a similar move by Exxon and Total, which raised the ire of the central government.

Prime Minister of Iraq, Gazprom Neft advised to suspend work in Kurdistan

print.gif
male_logo.pngEconomy , News | July 2, 2013

lupa_minus.jpg lupa_plus.jpg

al_maliki_and_medvedev_09102012.jpgNew - Moscow: Interfax news agency said Russian news agency on Tuesday that Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki warned the Russian company Gazprom Neft from working in the semi-autonomous Kurdistan region until the passage of the new oil law.

Gazprom Neft bought - the oil-producing arm of Gazprom Russian gas export monopoly - two portions in the oil fields of the Kurdistan Regional Government in the wake of a similar move by Exxon and Total which angered the central government in Baghdad.

Russian agency quoted Maliki as saying "It is better that the company attaches its work and is waiting for approval of the new law that is going to sign a contract again under the law to avoid problems."

The delay in the promulgation of the law for years because of the power struggle between Sunnis and Shiites and Kurds.

:soon:

[Thanks Yota]

Good find.  Two things, is Maliki putting them off....you know shuffling his feet?  OR is he right to wait?  But one thing I really like about this article is according to this the adoption of the new law is being signed.  So my question is if it is signatures to be signed would this imply parliament has passed it?

• Upvote 1

I really hope so Zig, that's kind of how I read it too, but I don't know the answer to your question. Maybe we will see :soon:

I would hope so because all the talk about them coming to an agreement in Erbil, I hope they did!

WM13

Edited by waterman13

Good find.  Two things, is Maliki putting them off....you know shuffling his feet?  OR is he right to wait?  But one thing I really like about this article is according to this the adoption of the new law is being signed.  So my question is if it is signatures to be signed would this imply parliament has passed it?

i mentioned this in a thread the other day zigmeister.  i recall sometime ago (well over a year or so) that parliament had already passed the hcl and all that was left was for the PM to sign off on it.  it never left maliki's office.  so i believe that it has sat in this same state until today; only requiring his signature. 

• Upvote 1

I'm still digging around for the information but this article might be it:

New Iraqi oil and natural gas law approved

By Omneya El Naggar
First Published: July 27, 2007

The Iraqi parliament voted on Wednesday in favor of the long-discussed new Iraqi oil and natural gas law, thus allowing foreign investment in both sectors. The parliament specified that this law will allow the private sector to participate in the national re-building of Iraq, and it required that a minimum 75 percent of employees at oil refineries and companies must be Iraqi nationals.

The modified draft of the new law was approved a few days ago by the Iraqi government that convened without 13 of its ministers, and it was presented by the Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri Al-Maliki to parliament for discussion and approval. The draft oil and natural gas law was originally endorsed by the Iraqi cabinet last February amid internal opposition from different ethnic and sectarian factions in Iraq.

Such opposition led the Iraqi government to adopt a modified draft comprising 20 clauses relying on clauses 61, 73 and 112 of the Iraqi constitution.

The modified proposed law claims that Iraqi oil and natural gas resources should be owned by all Iraqis and run by an Iraqi National Oil Company that is centralized in Baghdad and is accountable to both the government and parliament.

Its stated goals include the equal distribution of Iraqi wealth and the maximization of production by reopening the wells sabotaged since the American intervention in Iraq in 2003 and by drilling more unexplored oil wells. Recent studies estimate that Iraq has the third largest oil reserves in the world amounting to proven 115 billion barrels and to potential 214 billion barrels if unexplored wells in the western areas are drilled. Iraq also has a reserve of natural gas that reaches 3 trillion cubic meters.

The proposed draft has been severely criticized by numerous Kurdish, Sunni, and Shia leaders on the basis of opening the door for foreign intervention in Iraq in a manner that will undermine the nationalist achievements since its independence. The second clause of the draft law underlines the need for training and technical assistance while other clauses focus on using investment as a means to maximize production and profit. The opposing leaders directly relate such actions to the undermining of Iraqi sovereignty. Demonstrators in Basra by the Iraqi Petroleum Pipelines Company workers issued pamphlets describing the officials behind the drafting of the law as “agents to the imperialist occupiers”.

The Iraqi Association of Muslim Scholars issued a fatwa that forbids the approval of the law because of its potential damage to the national interest of current and future Iraqi generations.

The government of Nouri Al-Maliki may be using the modified oil and natural gas law as a last resource to get out of its current political impasse by energizing the economy; however, Al-Maliki is definitely overlooking the serious aspects of such a move.

Passing of the new law has an ethnic aspect that will antagonize the Kurdish government, which has already secured 17 percent of all oil revenues after a deal with the federal government. The new law, now passed, will abolish all previous contracts and deals and redistribute the oil revenue according to national needs and population distribution, not to regional production.

On the other hand, the law has a sectarian aspect which implicates the Sunnis. The Sunni regions that have traditionally had the least oil resources will be implicated in a potential plot with the Americans to redistribute Iraqi oil wealth to their interest.

Another aspect that is being overlooked by Al-Maliki is the security aspect. The incoming foreign investors will represent a continuous target for Al-Qaeda terrorists as well as other militant Baathist and Islamist insurgents.

The new security plan seems to have decreased the terrorist threats within the Baghdad region, but both the Iraqi and American forces are still ferociously fighting the insurgents elsewhere.

The Sunni Accord Front, the largest Sunni group in the Iraqi parliament, has recently declared the end of its boycott to the parliamentary sessions. This declaration came some days after the Sadrist Trend ended its boycott as well.

The boycott of both groups happened because of sectarian reasons with the Accord Front objecting to the temporary replacement of Mahmoud Al-Mashhadany, speaker of the Iraqi parliament by the Shia deputy speaker Khalid Al-Atteya, while the Sadrist Trend objected to the inability of the government to protect Shia civilians and sites.

Both groups have been pressured to end their boycott so that the parliament can discuss the proposed oil and natural gas law. Even though none of them officially declared their stance regarding the law, they agree about the need for the redistribution of oil wealth while the Kurdish groups completely disagreed about the adoption of such a law describing it as reminiscent of the Baathist nationalist measures.

The parliament finally put an end to the row over the hotly debated law despite calls to postpone any decisions. The internal fury over the law in the midst of all the other troubles the Iraqis are suffering are definitely still ringing a loud bell against the repercussions of its adoption

Omneya El Naggar, MA, Political commentator, researcher in comparative politics in the Middle East. She has also done research on political Islam, terrorism, and East-West dialogue. This commentary is special to Daily News Egypt.

http://www.dailystaregypt.com/Section.aspx?SectionID=1

• Upvote 2

They mention the 2007 agreements and 2010 in some of the recent articles.  I believe the meeting with Barzani and Maliki new agreements along with some of the old agreements were made and I don't think Maliki is holding them up this time.  They made mention of a committee who ironed out some of the problem issues, but I think the big ones have already been agreed to by  these two leaders.  The committees polished it up and it was ready for parliament.  They could have been signed off as in signatures have been done, and parliament to pass.  They may have already read them as far as that goes.  

I think we should expect this to happen any day now.  The reason I do is 2013 is different than 2010, the lay of the land is different now, what with moving to chapter 7.  They need business and they say the want it.  What with the oil deals made by the Kurds and Baghdad didn't have hissy fit, as well as this article which pretty much states Maliki to Russia, agreements have been made wait until its in law, they are going to get it done this time.  I think....but it is Iraq.

• Upvote 3

Good question, can you post this to Adams chat for tomorrow.

I might be wrong but Maliki was just in Russia. And the deal Russia wants can't be done till this is passed. Maliki kissing Russian Asz. I mean he just come back from Russia and he wants this passed, wonder what's in it for him

Sure.

Thank you

Same Subject...

ArrowSelected.png Approval of the implementation of the oil export pipeline project Maysan fields across the FAO

02/07/2013 - 16:41 | Source:   SM-1-634629974004106283.png       Economy and Business     301 views  
NB-78768-635083694404650846.jpg
SearchBigger.png

ArrowSelected.png  
Alsumaria News / Baghdad
The Council of Ministers approved, on Tuesday, the draft implementation tube Maysan fields oil export via the port of Faw to a coalition of Iraqi oil projects company and a Chinese company.

The council said in a statement received "Alsumaria News" copy, "The Council of Ministers approved during its 28, which was held today, the draft implementation tube oil export Maysan fields through the port of Faw, a consortium of oil projects and a Chinese company," noting that "the Board's approval was based on the recommendations of the Committee on Energy in the Council."

The statement added that "the cost of the overall project amounted to 317 million and 125 thousand and $ 100, and the period of completion of standing 14 months, and the period of 12 months warranty, that the Oil Projects Company implementation of 60 km, according to the technical specifications and the lowest price, out of the 272 km length of the tube overall."

It is noteworthy that the Maysan Oil Company, announced earlier, plans to build a pipeline linking the southern oil fields in Missan governorate warehouses large storage for export, stressing that this project will enhance the energy export of oil from the fields of Missan and حلفاية and other fields are small and will remove completely all restrictions on exports .

"I think we should expect this to happen any day now." quote from Zigmeister

OK! I appreciate hearing your opinion!

I am feeling a little excited! So many good articles about HCL and "rise in the value of the dinar!" If I had emotion buttons I would add some happy ones!

"I think we should expect this to happen any day now." quote from Zigmeister

OK! I appreciate hearing your opinion!

I am feeling a little excited! So many good articles about HCL and "rise in the value of the dinar!" If I had emotion buttons I would add some happy ones!

For you abby01   :bravo:  :backflip:  :goodnews:

• Upvote 1

More of the same Subject...Saad: Oil Ministry Khairat Russian Gazprom to work in the Kurdistan region or central and southern Iraq 

03-07-2013 05:19 AM 

Baghdad (news) .. Confirmed a member of the Oil and Energy Committee National Alliance MP Susan Saad, the Oil Ministry finest Russian company Gazprom to work either in Kurdistan or the fields of central and southern Iraq. 

Saad said (of the Agency news): The statements Gazprom conflicted about its work in the field of Badra and the Kurdistan region as promised and Ministry of Oil to leave work in the region for the benefit of the fields of central and southern Iraq. 

And suggested: impose sanctions on the company in the event of veto promise of the Federal Ministry of Oil, pointing out that the ministry Khairat Gazprom will either invest in the Kurdistan region or the center and south of the extraction and exploration of oil. 

She added: that in the event of breach of its contract with the company and the Oil Ministry may have to sell its stake to other companies, provided that the Ministry is to choose the company reported alternative. 

The Gazprom Russian oil, earlier announced the start of negotiations with the Iraqi Oil Ministry after a warning from working in Kurdistan and Tejeerha among proceed to negotiate with the Kurdistan or stay in the field of Badra, and stressed that the issue is 'easy on the way to a solution', is likely to give up contract with the province. / End / 5. b. PVC /

Iraq is heading to Russia after the oil companies fled to Kurdistan

Iraq is heading to Russia after the oil companies fled to Kurdistan

03-07-2013 01:23 PM

Free -

Focused the Prime Minister's visit to Moscow on Iraqi oil relations, where Baghdad is trying to increase Russia's investment in oil projects after the growing tendency of international oil companies working in Kurdistan, at the expense of working with the central government in central and southern Iraq. Use the Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki warning phrases and carrots to lure companies Russian oil and gas to move away from the semi-autonomous Kurdistan region, and investment in the fields of central and southern Iraq. The media quoted al-Maliki warned of "Gazprom denied" Russian work in the Kurdistan region, pending the adoption of the new oil law. 
bought "Gazprom denied" arm of the oil-producing group Gazprom gas export monopoly Russian, two portions in the oil fields of the Kurdistan Regional Government in the wake of a similar step from Exxon and Total which angered the central government in Baghdad. The Interfax news agency quoted Russian news Maliki as saying "It is better to suspend the company's work and waiting for the adoption of the new law that is being signed the contract again under the law to avoid problems." And delayed the issuance of the law for years because of the power struggle between Sunnis and Shiites and Kurds. 
's comments come Maliki After a day of conducting talks in Moscow with the Russian company Lukoil oil, addressed the activation energy contract has been concluded previously and the possibility to participate in future oil contracts, according to Lukoil. The company said that al-Maliki and Iraqi Oil Minister Abdul Karim and coffee met the CEO of the company Faguyt Alekperov to discuss the company's participation in the investment field, West Qurna-2 oil. 
was Russia's Lukoil and Statoil Norwegian فازتا the right to develop part of the field, West Qurna, which is one of the largest Iraqi oil fields , in 2009. Lukoil said in a statement that "the two sides discussed the progress in the development of the West Qurna-2 field and the company's plans to drill in the region 10." She added that the two sides also discussed "other promising projects could involve the company." 
the statement said Iraqi officials confirmed that Lukoil "strictly fulfill all its obligations" relating to the West Qurna-2 field. Iraq signed last year as well as an agreement with Russia's Lukoil and Inpex of Japan in the exploration area covering the provinces of Muthanna, Dhi Qar, south of the country. Maliki's visit coincides to Moscow with the convening of an informal summit of the gas exporting countries involving leaders of Venezuela and Iran. The dispute between Baghdad and Kurdistan is part of a broader disagreements over control of the fifth-largest oil reserves in the world. According to the central government that it alone Her right below the other in the export of oil and the signing of contracts, but the Kurdistan Regional Government says that the Constitution allows them to enter into contracts and export of oil independently of Baghdad. 
After decades of stagnation due to the war and sanctions began to Iraqi oil production بالتزايد effectively in 2010, after he concluded Baghdad signed contracts with major international companies such as BP. my Shell, Eni and Exxon Mobil. Iraq's production has increased by rapid achievements over two years to reach 3.15 million barrels per day. It is expected that production will reach 3.4 million bpd by the end of this year and exports up to 2.9 million barrels a day, but this includes 250 thousand barrels of oil per day from Kurdistan.