Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Please report new problems here

Adam Montana

Goto My Settings | Notification Options

Check the items you want notifications on. :twothumbs:

-

Maybe easier said than done. The descriptive words are not what I recognise.

daily/weekly digests? What is meant by digest?

Notification list column as opposed to email column? Whats the notification list?

Nothing there says that I want to be notified by email of any new topics posted.

I have a feeling that the descriptive words have been changed like a lot of other software upgrades. Like old windows to new windows. All the stuff may be there, but they call it something different or put it in another folder that is called something new again and you must spend time learning it all over again. That is why some people don't like change.

It was working fine before and now it stopped. I have check marks for email notifications but I am not sure which one controls the "new topics notification" ? Can't software change and leave the labeling the same?

The closest one that I think may be the one to choose, and I am not sure if it is or not is "Notification method to use for topics in followed forums" and I must choose notification list or email. I have email checked as it was and as the other options are. checked my email address, and it is still there and is correct. Have I missed something? See what happens tomorrow.

Edited by onerighthand

What is wrong with this picture?

There isn't one!! That's what !!

I am quite ready to do what I have to do to get used to this new format. 

But WHERE IS MY KITTEN ????????

I can no longer find the place where we could pick a photo or graphic device and use that for our representation of who we are when we don't have, or don't want to share, a photo of ourselves. I really detest being represented by some ghostly-looking white outline of a sort-of female head and shoulders on a smoky background. What does this say about me? It is horrid! And personally I just don't want to have that on my page or my postings.

I loved my kitten. She was so cute. And she represented the things I hold dear, and wanted to share with people who would understand that. What does this plain, boring, un-interesting and frankly ugly, representation going to say about me ... or any of the other people here who find they have been downgraded to this poor excuse for a "photo"?

I really hope this rant is not necessary and there is some place we can go to get our kittens, and symbols and moving bugs back. Please, if there is, let us know.

: (

smee2 

• Upvote 1

Maybe easier said than done. The descriptive words are not what I recognise.

daily/weekly digests? What is meant by digest?

Notification list column as opposed to email column? Whats the notification list?

Nothing there says that I want to be notified by email of any new topics posted.

I have a feeling that the descriptive words have been changed like a lot of other software upgrades. Like old windows to new windows. All the stuff may be there, but they call it something different or put it in another folder that is called something new again and you must spend time learning it all over again. That is why some people don't like change.

It was working fine before and now it stopped. I have check marks for email notifications but I am not sure which one controls the "new topics notification" ? Can't software change and leave the labeling the same?

The closest one that I think may be the one to choose, and I am not sure if it is or not is "Notification method to use for topics in followed forums" and I must choose notification list or email. I have email checked as it was and as the other options are. checked my email address, and it is still there and is correct. Have I missed something? See what happens tomorrow.

Nothing this morning!

What is wrong with this picture?

There isn't one!! That's what !!

I am quite ready to do what I have to do to get used to this new format. 

But WHERE IS MY KITTEN ????????

I can no longer find the place where we could pick a photo or graphic device and use that for our representation of who we are when we don't have, or don't want to share, a photo of ourselves. I really detest being represented by some ghostly-looking white outline of a sort-of female head and shoulders on a smoky background. What does this say about me? It is horrid! And personally I just don't want to have that on my page or my postings.

I loved my kitten. She was so cute. And she represented the things I hold dear, and wanted to share with people who would understand that. What does this plain, boring, un-interesting and frankly ugly, representation going to say about me ... or any of the other people here who find they have been downgraded to this poor excuse for a "photo"?

I really hope this rant is not necessary and there is some place we can go to get our kittens, and symbols and moving bugs back. Please, if there is, let us know.

: (

smee2 

I understand completely smee - I always had my dancing kitty for my avatar on my posts but she is gone :(  because we are only allowed one profile/avatar pic with this new software. You can go to your profile and upload your pic again and it should show up on your posts as well as your profile. Something in the transition to our new software affected the profile/avatar pics. :unsure:

When you go to your profile, your profile pic has the word "change" in the upper left corner - click on it and the window will open for you to make a change.

:rocking-chair:

• Upvote 1

So nobody can direct me to the exact button that controls the notification email of each new topic posted?

or is anybody else having the same problem?

Under the "Notification options", you need to change the drop down from "None" to something else. (None, Immediate, Offline, Daily Digest, Weekly Digest)

Topics & Posts

Auto follow topics I reply to. Notification frequency: None, Immediate, Offline, Daily Digest, Weekly Digest

*Options

-

I can't find myself in our members list.  Please help with directions.

My name is Rev Bob and it says I have less than 4 characters yet

I see others that also have less than 4 characters in their signin.

Email me please at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Blessings,  Rev Bob

Edited by Markinsa
Removed Email Address from Public View

Bob,

Is there a reason why you want to find your profile in the members list?  If you just want to look at your profile, please click on your Photo Icon, or click on the "Rev Bob" drop down to the top right of this page and to the left of "sign out".

-

I can't find myself in our members list.  Please help with directions.

My name is Rev Bob and it says I have less than 4 characters yet

I see others that also have less than 4 characters in their signin.

Email me please at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Blessings,  Rev Bob

You are a VIP member - you are not on the members list to prevent people from spamming you.

• Upvote 3

I don't know if this is a "new" problem. I have never had it come up for me before.

I was trying to "paste" something interesting I got on my email, on to the "Off Topics" forum.

It wasn't anything nasty or rude ... and no graphics that were unacceptable ... but my attempt was not accepted. At the top of the non'accepted post was, in the coloured bar, this message ... 

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your time

smee2  

I understand completely smee - I always had my dancing kitty for my avatar on my posts but she is gone :(  because we are only allowed one profile/avatar pic with this new software. You can go to your profile and upload your pic again and it should show up on your posts as well as your profile. Something in the transition to our new software affected the profile/avatar pics. :unsure:

When you go to your profile, your profile pic has the word "change" in the upper left corner - click on it and the window will open for you to make a change.

:rocking-chair:

I tried what you are suggesting. But that only gives access to a "photo" that I have to upload. I don't have one. Believe it or not, the last photo that was taken of me was almost twenty years ago. And I don't have a copy. 

Anyway, there used to be a page here where you could go and pick a pre-made picture. It wasn't a photo really, not of us. It was a place filled with graphics, pictures like the kitten I chose, cartoon characters ... and I don't remember all of them. But there were a lot to choose from. And now, nothing. Unless there is a way to find it that I have not found yet? As I said, what you are suggestion, is a place to upload a photo from some other place, and I don't have a photo. And I am really averse to having the ghostly image in the corner of all my posts. There has to be some alternative. If not ... well, I consider that a major, and I do mean major, problem with this software. Surely with all the neat things that have been changed, and introduced, the wizards handling this can come up with something better than the ghost image.

I hope.

Thanks for trying

:shrug:

smee2