Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Finance Committee Assures Budget Passage Thursday

blueskies

Baghdad (IraqiNews.com) -The head of the Parliamentary Finance Committee, Haider al-Ebadi, assured that the parliament will vote on the General Budget on next Thursday after settling the disputes over it.

In a press conference held at the parliament building, he stated “The General Budget will be endorsed within 48 hours which is next Thursday.”

“The Finance Committee dealt with the Council of Ministers over specifying 300 USD Billion as an emergency budget for the natural disasters such as the floods and the earthquakes as what happened in Thi-Qar province,” he added, noting that “The 2013 budget will focus on certain sectors such as the retirement salaries and the social treatment.”

“The efforts are being exerted to from a fund for the Iraqi citizen rather than distributing financial sums from the superabundant of the oil income which will help in eliminating corruption,” he pointed out.

He assured “There are financial grants for the retired citizens and the journalists where the issue of the dissolved entities is not settled yet due to the lack of the correct number of the citizens included in the retirement and those who resumed their job degrees.”

http://www.iraqinews.com/baghdad-politics/finance-committee-assures-endorsing-general-budget-next-thursday/

• Upvote 2

***///

Looked back at 'Ol Sarge's stuff....

he had a genius friend here called SANSSOUCI that had a brilliant take on

their superstitions (Thursdays being important) & beliefs and the breakdown of

the artistry & symbolism on the actual IQD notes themselves...... interesting...

and hopefully - telling.

P.S. (Anybody seen Professor SANSSOUCI lately...? :o )

• Upvote 1

:)

I have a very strong feeling this time, that they are getting ready to actually do what they say. I know, that there has never been a deadline, that they didn't blow past, but things seem to be changing. I just feel, they are feeling a new sense of urgency!

Let's hope, and that this budget will be one giant step forward to them!

Go RV or RI !!!

:):):)

• Upvote 1

For those who've been around awhile, is the budget process this year the same as most years in terms of delay or is it better/worse?

I find it terribly frustrating but I've not been in this thing long ...

I haven't been around as long as some, however IMO this budget is moving along very fast! I remember one year that the budget didn't get passed until either December or January...of the following year!! Ha! GO IRAQ for being within the 1st QUARTER of the budget you are trying to pass. GO RV!! cool.gif

• Upvote 1

***///

NADITA --- stone cold :(/>

Cheer up, it COULD be as "soon" as this Thursday! :D/>

Just wish for it....!

Remember the words of 'OlSarge:

Mekka Lekka Hi,

Mekka Hiney Ho......

:P/>

Gals,

What year again...? I am hoping for 2013 but knowing Iraq, they don't know the numbers so they are so confused... should we teach them to count..?

I agree with all that they can't meet a deadline, but do remember that the US hasn't had a balanced budget in a few years now! And we've been doing this for over 200 years! Iraq's govt is new...

Even when Iraq balanced their budget a year after the fact, they still did better than we did.

NW Guy - I feel the same way...like something is different now. Can't put myfinger on it, but it feels good.

I agree with all that they can't meet a deadline, but do remember that the US hasn't had a balanced budget in a few years now! And we've been doing this for over 200 years! Iraq's govt is new...

Even when Iraq balanced their budget a year after the fact, they still did better than we did.

NW Guy - I feel the same way...like something is different now. Can't put myfinger on it, but it feels good.

yep today was obamas deadline for the us budget ,, its not in ,, i saw republicans bitchion again today on the news .. this is 4 years in a row with no budget in the us .. let alone a balanced budget ..

Edited by dontlop

For those who've been around awhile, is the budget process this year the same as most years in terms of delay or is it better/worse?

I find it terribly frustrating but I've not been in this thing long ...

The running up to the line only to back off and postpone has been going on since Ive been around. Ultimate closure on budget seems more timely and like it really will have an affect this time. No proof just gut feel. Just SEEMS different

***///

LILBoy's key pad is a 'puppy pad'... it confuses R's with M's...

Is that cute or what?! :wub:/>/>

Here's a hug, puppy Boy! :hug:/>/>

Cheers to you mate. It's L I Boy not Lil boy. Name stems from my locale....Long Island. As far as the R's and M's, just depends on what word you're spelling. assuMe or assuRe. It's all good Sgt Fuzzy. LOL

Edited by LIBoy
  • Upvote 1