Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

SWFG (1-24-13)

SWFloridaGuy

I want to make it clear that this next portion is strictly just my opinion after having researched this extensively over the past couple of years. I believe that it would advantageous for Iraq to have a more valuable currency at this time if they are truly serious about moving forward with a national economic reform and recovery (like they are claiming) while also extinguishing debt without creating inflation. The 17 private banks and two main state banks were hurt by embargos just before the turn of the century but more recenently have removed restrictions on international bank transactions and freed up the CBI from government control.

The CBI has said Iraq’s large foreign reserves, which have risen to a record $60 billion on the back of high oil prices, will shield its financial system from damage. Their economy is still very centralized but I am looking for early 2013 as a great opportunity for those investing in Iraq. I see a large currency appreciation on the horizon for the IQD in the very near future but if it's a historic revaluation (50% - 100,000% or higher) then most likely the CBI will struggle to sustain those measures and stability in the long run.

In the "long run"?? If they were to RV by 1000x that would oversubscribe the CBI's reserves by the same factor (1000x). So those reserves would be gone overnight with Iraqi's wanting to purchase imports with their new found wealth. Then with no reserves the dinar becomes literally worthless. The same effect occurs with smaller RVs but just would take slightly longer to crash and burn. Why would they commit economic suicide like that?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Yeah I totally agree. He was great at filling the void between lyrics with improv also. The whole band really was amazing though. John Paul Jones was understimated, John Boham was one of the greatest drummers to ever pound away and of course I don't have to say how talented Jimmy Page is. You wanna watch something funny, check out this Jack Black video of him begging Led Zepplin for song rights. :)/>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlk8DhHYDNw

I'm not too proud to beg....Oh Lords of currency, I beg you to increase the value of my Iraqi Dinar by over 1000%.....Amen........

Thx SWFG

• Upvote 1

In the "long run"?? If they were to RV by 1000x that would oversubscribe the CBI's reserves by the same factor (1000x). So those reserves would be gone overnight with Iraqi's wanting to purchase imports with their new found wealth. Then with no reserves the dinar becomes literally worthless. The same effect occurs with smaller RVs but just would take slightly longer to crash and burn. Why would they commit economic suicide like that?

"The dinar would become worthless..."

Makes Cents...have they let you crawl out of the LOPster pen? How would an ME country with the second highest oil reserves have a worthless currency?

Posts like this are worthless..

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

"The dinar would become worthless..."

Makes Cents...have they let you crawl out of the LOPster pen? How would an ME country with the second highest oil reserves have a worthless currency?

Posts like this are worthless..

Exactly in the manner I stated, by having a classic bank failure of the central bank. For the exchange rate to be real the CBI has to actually offer it (not like in Saddam's day when the official rate was $2 say but in reality it was 2000 IQD per dollar). If the CBI offers $1 per IQD its reserves will be gone in an instant. With no reserves the IQD would be worthless, the CBI would be insolvent. Which is why of course it will never happen. How much oil they have doesn't enter into the picture. If you think having lots of oil would change this, please tell me how?
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I honestly have no idea what, if anything, might be reported about what supposedly happened today within the house of rep's, but the upheaval on the streets is the worst in recent time, and it is not just sectarian, but also aimed against the Gov. as a major cause of the hardship and lack of goods as recently reported by the more believable media. Looking around the reports as they come onto the press room you would be forgiven for believing that you were in a Country allready engaged in civil war. From a friend still working (Photographer) in country.