Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

OK here it is.....Share your testimonys

Heavyduty053

Wow, there is not enough space on the whole web for me to count my blessings. I could write a book. It has been a very complicated life with many trials and tribulations. Not one time did God ever let me down. I have let him down and he comes back with more forgiveness. Every time a crises occurred he came on time. Not my time, but his timing. It always appears his timing has the precise outcome. And if anyone knows timing, it's the Lord.

• Upvote 7

There has been events in my life that i really should be dead but each time i was saved just in the nick of time. I remember once when i was in the US Air Force oversea's in Turkey i was coming out of our post office which was down town Izmir and was looking down at a letter when all of a sudden a Turkish policeman grabbed me by the collar and put a 45 up to my temple. He just stood there a minute looking into my face, then started laughing and said i could shoot you right now and say that you started it. I thought what could i do i am in his country, i have heard what happens to Americans that get put in their prisons, they do not last more than seven years. He pressed the gun against my head then all of a sudden put it away and walked off laughing. I felt i had an angel there beside me that day pushing away that gun because this guy meant every word he said. Glory be to God

Another time when i was young i almost walked out in front of a car but i felt a tug on my shirt to halt. I looked around and no one was there. They were there i just didn't see them.

Edited by Heavyduty053
  • Upvote 5

First off I come from flawed DNA and I seem to be the only one who walked away without being mentally handicapped

My mother and sister have been in and out of mental hospitals all their lives.

My brother is weak minded but it is self inflicted he turned his life over to Bush lite and is a drunk.

Three out of four disabled but somehow I escaped it.

Of course my dear sweet loving wife say's I didn't escape nothing ( But she's prejudice and insane so I ignore her )

Then in 83 my left arm was bent,spindled and mutilated ripped almost completely off

Found out later the only reason the DR reattached it was he was young and had not been sued yet.

I was on morphine for over three months through multiple operations and infections

They told me I was never going to use my arm again and I was hooked on drugs

When I left the hospital I never had the urge to continue the pain drugs and over the years I have gained full use

of my arm and have full feeling in it.

The Dr's say I cannot have feeling in my arm because of the damaged and cut off nerves but I do.

Our Lord god was looking out for me long before I acknowledged he existed.

In 1995 I finally found Jesus and turned my life over to him

Two weeks later I was in the hospital.After two days of testing they came and told me I had cancer

and it didn't look good.

I started laughing and was asked what you don't believe a person your age can die of cancer

I told the Dr that god didn't save my soul to kill me with cancer.

That night the Lord came to me in a dream and told me to spit the poison out of my mouth and leave this place

I remember telling the Lord that I could not leave because they had told me I had cancer and was in a bad way and had to stay in order to beat this thing.

Again the Lord say's to me rise up spit the poison from your mouth and leave this place.

I woke up spitting blood puss and poison the next they tested me all day trying to find out what had happened.

They found no cancer or any thing else had to discharge me.

Again in this recession where people have lost their jobs their homes and all they have

I seem to be immune I am self employed I do not advertise all my customers are gained by word of mouth.

There has been slow periods but I still get enough work to keep me afloat my customers keep calling me and I still seem to be able to gain new customers and keep the old ones as well.

These are the blessings that I am aware of how many times has the lord saved my life or blessed me that I am not aware of ?

I know I do not deserve the protection or the blessings the Lord has bestowed on me

But I am sure glad that he is there looking out for me.

No Surrender No Retreat and No Compromise

• Upvote 17

First off I come from flawed DNA and I seem to be the only one who walked away without being mentally handicapped

My mother and sister have been in and out of mental hospitals all their lives.

My brother is weak minded but it is self inflicted he turned his life over to Bush lite and is a drunk.

Three out of four disabled but somehow I escaped it.

Of course my dear sweet loving wife say's I didn't escape nothing ( But she's prejudice and insane so I ignore her )

Then in 83 my left arm was bent,spindled and mutilated ripped almost completely off

Found out later the only reason the DR reattached it was he was young and had not been sued yet.

I was on morphine for over three months through multiple operations and infections

They told me I was never going to use my arm again and I was hooked on drugs

When I left the hospital I never had the urge to continue the pain drugs and over the years I have gained full use

of my arm and have full feeling in it.

The Dr's say I cannot have feeling in my arm because of the damaged and cut off nerves but I do.

Our Lord god was looking out for me long before I acknowledged he existed.

In 1995 I finally found Jesus and turned my life over to him

Two weeks later I was in the hospital.After two days of testing they came and told me I had cancer

and it didn't look good.

I started laughing and was asked what you don't believe a person your age can die of cancer

I told the Dr that god didn't save my soul to kill me with cancer.

That night the Lord came to me in a dream and told me to spit the poison out of my mouth and leave this place

I remember telling the Lord that I could not leave because they had told me I had cancer and was in a bad way and had to stay in order to beat this thing.

Again the Lord say's to me rise up spit the poison from your mouth and leave this place.

I woke up spitting blood puss and poison the next they tested me all day trying to find out what had happened.

They found no cancer or any thing else had to discharge me.

Again in this recession where people have lost their jobs their homes and all they have

I seem to be immune I am self employed I do not advertise all my customers are gained by word of mouth.

There has been slow periods but I still get enough work to keep me afloat my customers keep calling me and I still seem to be able to gain new customers and keep the old ones as well.

These are the blessings that I am aware of how many times has the lord saved my life or blessed me that I am not aware of ?

I know I do not deserve the protection or the blessings the Lord has bestowed on me

But I am sure glad that he is there looking out for me.

No Surrender No Retreat and No Compromise

Sentinel the two strongest words i can say is Amen and Amen

• Upvote 3

I forgot to add one....In august of last year i had what the Doc called a near fatal heart attack called the widow maker. I had a blockage in the left ventical feeding the heart and it was all of a sudden 98% blocked. I had always heard that your left arm would hurt with a coming attack but that didn't happen. My chest all of a sudden walking up some stairs felt like a horse was sitting on it. I had my wife take my blood pressure and it was 178/110. Got ready and went to the heart clinic in Franklin Tn. After testing my blood and asking questions about my family history of which every one of dad's side of the family died of a heart attack they got in high gear.

After more testing and a tread mill they took me down to have a stent mess put in....i told the Doc that i almost decided to take a couple of tylenol and go to bed and you know what he said......From what i seen if you had've you wouldn't have woke up tomorrow morning. All it needed was one more little blood platlet to come through and stop up what little was left and i would have dripped off into my grave and never knew it. Thats how close i come. God spaired me for a reason and it is up to me to look for that reason to make it worth his while of letting me live a while longer..... Glory be to our God

Edited by Heavyduty053
  • Upvote 5

I gave my life to the Lord March 11, 1993, which is my youngest daughters birthday as well. I went to school for ministry 1-1/2 years later and then to Honduras several years later. My first day on the mission field I had 3 AK47s held to my head when we were stopped at a roadblock. I had peace the whole time, ~ 45 minutes later they told me to get in the back of the truck and took me to the place I was to stay. That was my first experience in the mission field. Was I in God's hands, I believe so. He gets the glory and praise for saving my life.

Stay blessed

• Upvote 6

Unlike someone who surrenders to God I feel as though he came and took me.

I spent my youth breaking every rule, commandment, and law that I could find to break. My adolescent years I spent committing every crime, sin, and act of indecency I could find to be involved in. I started drinking and staying stoned as much I could to avoid the shame of facing the person I knew I was but didn’t want anyone else to ever find out. I was able to go to work in my late teens and stopped being an outlaw but I stayed drunk for 20 plus years. At some point in my youth I had established a set of voices in my head that I allowed authority in all my decision-making.

The Magnificent Seven (the voices)

I had one that was a smooth talking “Don Juan”,

I had one that was a thieving lying “Artful Dodger”

There was one that was an egotistical “Billy Bad A$$”

There was a slothful manipulating con artist “ Tom Sawyer”

I had one that was greedy, impulsive, and demanding “Never Enough”

I had one that was a vengeful whinny depressive “Didn’t know its title”

And then last but not least the angelic never do anything wrong “Goody Twoshoes”

I found out later on in my life that I didn’t have multiple personalities I was psychotic.

These voices were in control of all my decisions for 25 years.

At 36 years old I had become a burnout unable to work, unable to be in a relationship, unwelcome in my family, and wishing every day that I would just die. I hated life, I hated people, I hated authority, I hated nature, and I hated me just as much as anything else.

At 36 I went into a treatment center for alcoholism and drug addiction. The curriculum for that recovery encouraged prayer, meditation, confession, restitution, and continued service to others. I didn’t want any part of any of this all I wanted was to die. There were people there that acted like I was worth saving although I tried to discourage them as much as possible. I believed that as soon as they let me out I would return to staying drunk till the end of my time. I didn’t want any part of their God idea because I knew if that was true I was in a heap of trouble. After being off of any drugs or alcohol for about 45 days I was in one of the classes before it started and they were having a “moment of silence” before the opening prayer and an unfamiliar voice came into my head and spoke “God, please help anyone in this room that wants to stay sober stay sober” I didn’t have a clue where that voice came from; it wasn’t one of the familiar seven. But when I opened my eyes after that moment of silence and looked around the room it seemed as if every one of those drug addicts and alcoholics I had been locked up with had all gone through some sort of metamorphosis.

My reconstruction had just begun. I had prayed for the very first time in my life and the results were astonishing. Not long after that I got to a point of feeling lonely, rejected, and empty inside like a great big cold hole in me that was deep and wide. It was a miserable feeling and I knelt beside my bed and utter the simple request, “God grant me peace.” I immediately felt like I had been filled up with a warm fluid. I was comfortable but still quite skeptical about the miracle of that warm feeling through that request. I was a bit afraid of such a commendable power.

I was still plagued by the psychotic voices and started attempting meditation every night while lying down in bed. I would lay and try to silence all my thoughts and quiet my mind, the voices would enter to disturb me and I developed a trick of holding them to the side with what I can only explain as a mental forearm blocking. I practiced this meditation every night for months and got to a place that was so peaceful that it almost seemed to be the calm of heaven. I remember one night thinking that it was a peace that passed all understanding. One night while meditating and feeling as though I was peering into heaven the voices returned and I didn’t try to hold them back inside of myself I used the mental forearm maneuver to engage them from behind and shoved them out of me, into the heavenly peace I was viewing. The sensation that took over in my body was electrifying. It felt like a great electrical short immediately started in my brain that was accompanied by a light brighter than could be visualized without being blinded, the electrical light sensation slowly passed from the center of my head down through my face and throat, passing through my collar bone down through my upper ribs and into my heart. The intensity of the feeling never decreased and when it was setting in my heart I passed out.

I awoke the next morning and realized the power that I had been exposed to the night before and immediately laid back closed my eyes and tried to duplicate the effect of the night before. I was able to quite my mind completely and lay in wait for the voices and they refused to come. I tried again after going to bed that night and as I lay meditating I was able to visualize every person that I had ever seen in my life up to that point pass in front of me viewing me as if I were in a coffin. The faces of people I had seen that I didn’t even know the names of passed by me. But the voices didn’t return.

I told a physiologist about this experience a couple of years later and that’s when I found out that the voices were proof of me being psychotic and the only treatment for it would require medication for the rest of my life. I have never taken any medication and the voices have never returned. I know today that the voices were my on ventriloquist act to avoid being responsible for any of my messed up thinking. I also know that God took it away when I sought him and was willing to give it up.

I have seen the peace that passes all understanding. I have felt the power of that peace and order and realized its authority to have spawned creation.

In the confession part of my recovery I met Christ through the spirit of God and Man. Christ stated “wherever two or more of you gather together in my name there I am also” He said “I am the truth the way and the life” If you have never met Christ find a closed mouth friend, ask God to join in with you and them, and spill your guts revealing every dark secret of your past holding nothing back. I assure you, you will meet Christ you will know forgiveness like you never have and you will be able to see the sins of others without judging them as being lost because they have sin. You will understand what he meant when he said, “this you do to the least of my brothers and sisters you do to me.

I don’t just believe - I know this to be true.

• Upvote 16

Unlike someone who surrenders to God I feel as though he came and took me.

I spent my youth breaking every rule, commandment, and law that I could find to break. My adolescent years I spent committing every crime, sin, and act of indecency I could find to be involved in. I started drinking and staying stoned as much I could to avoid the shame of facing the person I knew I was but didn’t want anyone else to ever find out. I was able to go to work in my late teens and stopped being an outlaw but I stayed drunk for 20 plus years. At some point in my youth I had established a set of voices in my head that I allowed authority in all my decision-making.

The Magnificent Seven (the voices)

I had one that was a smooth talking “Don Juan”,

I had one that was a thieving lying “Artful Dodger”

There was one that was an egotistical “Billy Bad A$”

There was a slothful manipulating con artist “ Tom Sawyer”

I had one that was greedy, impulsive, and demanding “Never Enough”

I had one that was a vengeful whinny depressive “Didn’t know its title”

And then last but not least the angelic never do anything wrong “Goody Twoshoes”

I found out later on in my life that I didn’t have multiple personalities I was psychotic.

These voices were in control of all my decisions for 25 years.

At 36 years old I had become a burnout unable to work, unable to be in a relationship, unwelcome in my family, and wishing every day that I would just die. I hated life, I hated people, I hated authority, I hated nature, and I hated me just as much as anything else.

At 36 I went into a treatment center for alcoholism and drug addiction. The curriculum for that recovery encouraged prayer, meditation, confession, restitution, and continued service to others. I didn’t want any part of any of this all I wanted was to die. There were people there that acted like I was worth saving although I tried to discourage them as much as possible. I believed that as soon as they let me out I would return to staying drunk till the end of my time. I didn’t want any part of their God idea because I knew if that was true I was in a heap of trouble. After being off of any drugs or alcohol for about 45 days I was in one of the classes before it started and they were having a “moment of silence” before the opening prayer and an unfamiliar voice came into my head and spoke “God, please help anyone in this room that wants to stay sober stay sober” I didn’t have a clue where that voice came from; it wasn’t one of the familiar seven. But when I opened my eyes after that moment of silence and looked around the room it seemed as if every one of those drug addicts and alcoholics I had been locked up with had all gone through some sort of metamorphosis.

My reconstruction had just begun. I had prayed for the very first time in my life and the results were astonishing. Not long after that I got to a point of feeling lonely, rejected, and empty inside like a great big cold hole in me that was deep and wide. It was a miserable feeling and I knelt beside my bed and utter the simple request, “God grant me peace.” I immediately felt like I had been filled up with a warm fluid. I was comfortable but still quite skeptical about the miracle of that warm feeling through that request. I was a bit afraid of such a commendable power.

I was still plagued by the psychotic voices and started attempting meditation every night while lying down in bed. I would lay and try to silence all my thoughts and quiet my mind, the voices would enter to disturb me and I developed a trick of holding them to the side with what I can only explain as a mental forearm blocking. I practiced this meditation every night for months and got to a place that was so peaceful that it almost seemed to be the calm of heaven. I remember one night thinking that it was a peace that passed all understanding. One night while meditating and feeling as though I was peering into heaven the voices returned and I didn’t try to hold them back inside of myself I used the mental forearm maneuver to engage them from behind and shoved them out of me, into the heavenly peace I was viewing. The sensation that took over in my body was electrifying. It felt like a great electrical short immediately started in my brain that was accompanied by a light brighter than could be visualized without being blinded, the electrical light sensation slowly passed from the center of my head down through my face and throat, passing through my collar bone down through my upper ribs and into my heart. The intensity of the feeling never decreased and when it was setting in my heart I passed out.

I awoke the next morning and realized the power that I had been exposed to the night before and immediately laid back closed my eyes and tried to duplicate the effect of the night before. I was able to quite my mind completely and lay in wait for the voices and they refused to come. I tried again after going to bed that night and as I lay meditating I was able to visualize every person that I had ever seen in my life up to that point pass in front of me viewing me as if I were in a coffin. The faces of people I had seen that I didn’t even know the names of passed by me. But the voices didn’t return.

I told a physiologist about this experience a couple of years later and that’s when I found out that the voices were proof of me being psychotic and the only treatment for it would require medication for the rest of my life. I have never taken any medication and the voices have never returned. I know today that the voices were my on ventriloquist act to avoid being responsible for any of my messed up thinking. I also know that God took it away when I sought him and was willing to give it up.

I have seen the peace that passes all understanding. I have felt the power of that peace and order and realized its authority to have spawned creation.

In the confession part of my recovery I met Christ through the spirit of God and Man. Christ stated “wherever two or more of you gather together in my name there I am also” He said “I am the truth the way and the life” If you have never met Christ find a closed mouth friend, ask God to join in with you and them, and spill your guts revealing every dark secret of your past holding nothing back. I assure you, you will meet Christ you will know forgiveness like you never have and you will be able to see the sins of others without judging them as being lost because they have sin. You will understand what he meant when he said, “this you do to the least of my brothers and sisters you do to me.

I don’t just believe - I know this to be true.

jonjon that was awesome and yes God will take even the vilest of people and forgive them and give them a new life. Every life is important to him. No matter what you have done, what you have become, what you are, he can forgive......Heavenly peace in Jesus name is worth more than evey piece of gold on earth......Seek Jesus first and all your needs will be fulfilled.

Wonderful thread Heavy!! Jonjon very powerful testimony my friend, your story will touch the life of anyone that reads it. Thank you very much for sharing it with us, you too Sentinel... thanks Heavy for starting this, I will share soon. Love to you all!

• Upvote 1

Wonderful thread Heavy!! Jonjon very powerful testimony my friend, your story will touch the life of anyone that reads it. Thank you very much for sharing it with us, you too Sentinel... thanks Heavy for starting this, I will share soon. Love to you all!

Go for it Bamagirl make the lord happy

• Upvote 2

Every one of your beautiful and personal stories are all uplifting to the soul. Thank you all for sharing.

I know the Lord has been by side at all times, more so, on two occasions. I was spared of a terrible assault, that has been embedded in my memory for life. The outcome were cuts, bruises and sleepless nights. Let me tell you, evil is physically strong... but my savior is stronger. He helped me get out of that situation.

And now, I am recovering from breast cancer. I continue to feel his deep presence. Sometimes I drift away, but He brings me back. His love is ingrained in my heart. He will never leave our side...He will not abandon us.

Okay, no more from me, just brings tears to me every time I speak of it. They are tears of joy... knowing I am not alone. :)

• Upvote 5

When I was only five years old, my mother let me walk with her to the corner of a busy street in L. A., and warning me not to wake "daddy," she told me to go home, got on a bus, waved goodbye, and that was the last time I saw her for 38 years. My father, who was an alcholic, was lying on the bed in a stupor when I got home, and I had two baby sisters in a playpen at the end of the sofa. He loaded us all up and drove back to southern Missouri to an uncle's house, and an aunt and her husband from Arkansas drove up there and took two of us home with them. They didn't take my youngest sister for some reason. They later adopted the two of us.

My adoptive mother was a controller and an abuser. She treated my little sister fine, but she beat me, kicked me, slapped me, yanked my hair, scratched me, and tormented me regularly. She blamed me for everything that went wrong in her entire life. If ever there was a woman who seemed set on destroying a young life, it was her. She was incredibly critical of me, and nothing I could ever do was good enough for her. And yet, as an adult, I know she loved me. However, as a child, I couldn't wade through all the "stuff" she kept covering me with to figure that out. I never once heard her say "I love you," but I often heard her say, "You are worthless." Many people like her need a scapegoat, and for her, I served that purpose.

When I was 19, I married a guy who had graduated high school with me. Little did I know that I was marrying someone just like my mother, a serious complainer and controller. The only credit I'll give him is that he never hit me. Everything was about him, and he made sure he got something out of every move I made. He didn't want me to get a driver's license, but I did it, and he jabbed his finger in my face several times and shouted, "Well, you're not driving. If you need to go somewhere, I'll take you." Hmmmm . . . Of course I drove. But each time I did so, he chalked it up against me, even many years later. Then when my last of four little ones marched off to school with her brothers and her sister, I went to college. I almost had to do it over his dead body, but I had about decided I was willing to pay that price. haha I was scared silly, wasn't sure I could even do college work, but I had figured out that I needed an education to be able to provide for my children if my husband decided he wanted out of our marriage. He was a constant whiner and complainer, and to this day, when someone whines, I get chill bumps and want to lash out at them. But to hear him tell it, my going to college was just another "cross" my poor husband had to bear. It seems that, no matter how hard he shoved his thumb down on me, I never stayed under it. And eventually, I earned three degrees in English and became a Senior Professor of English. When our last child left home, my husband wanted a divorce, and although it was a difficult time for me, it was because I felt that I had lost so much else, not that I was "losing" him. However, I was divorced before I got my first college teaching position, but I had made such good grades that I gathered my courage and tested for Mensa. According to the results of those tests, my I.Q. is 169. But my emotional self-love was below zero. Other than my children, I had never felt the love of a meaningful person in my life. In fact, that had been the case for so long that, to me, it was just the status quo, something I neither thought about nor questioned. It was just how "it" was. But there was also a strain of sadness that seemed to permeate every facet of my life.

Ten years or so after my divorce, I met a guy in a little bar down the street from my home. I had a couple women friends whom I used to meet there on Friday nights, and we used to have a couple drinks, talk about our week, and then go home. Sometimes I would drive to my daughter's house for the weekend, so I wouldn't go, and sometimes one or the other of the other women didn't show up either. Then one night I went over there, and neither of them were there. But a former student of mine was there, and he introduced Jim to me. Jimmy is the only man who ever courted me by telling me about the Mobius Strip, the Klein Bottle, and the Mandelbrot Theory, and apparently I fell for it. lol He was a very complex man--as he was also the first man to buy me my own pool cue and my own motorcycle helmet. <smile> We met on the first Friday in June of 1998. By Christmas, we were in love, but since we were older and felt that we had more to lose, we decided to take the next year to be sure this is what we wanted. We traveled that year, 1999, going to see my son and his family in NC, to see Jim's nephew and his family in Georgia, and to see my daughter and her family in Puerto Rico. By year's end, we knew we wanted to be together the rest of our lives, so we planned to be married in the Year 2000, the turn of the century year, and a new life for us. Jimmy treated me like a princess. He was loving, attentive, and caring. He cooked. He cleaned. He repaired things that got broken. He loved my little granddaughter, and all my family, for that matter. I could write pages about that good man, but suffice it to say, he was the first grownup person in my entire life (other than my grown children) who loved me and made sure I knew it, through everything he said and did.

By January 1, 2000, Jim began to feel some odd twinges, so we began going to doctors. Eventually, and not all at once, we learned that he had lung, liver, and bone cancer. But the fact that we were older didn't stop us, and we decided to get married anyway. We did so under the flowering pear tree in front of our home. Family and friends gathered and celebrated with us. That was on April 1, 2000, and Jimmy called us the two happiest fools in the Universe--and we were. Then by mid-May, Jim became hospital bed bound in our home. Before he got sick, we used to call my 18 month old little granddaughter and ask her, "Would you like to come to our house for the weekend?" And her baby answer was always "yesh." She adored her Grandpa Jim.

Then her visits became fewer and fewer. As Jim continued to weaken, I finally began sleeping on the sofa to be near him, knowing his time was extremely limited. The last night of his life, I bent over his bed and said, "Jimmy, I love you so much!" I got no answer, but he was so weak and frail that I expected none. After a moment or two, I bent down to his bed again and said, "And I know you love me, too, don't you?" Again no answer, but again I expected none. After a few moments, I patted his arm, kissed his forehead, and went back and lay down on the sofa again. Then in a couple minutes, I heard floating across the soft darkness his weak frail voice-- "yesh." He used little Rachael's baby word to say the last word he ever spoke, to tell me he loved me. The next morning about 7 a.m., I was standing at his side and holding his hand when my beloved Jim breathed his last and "became one with the Ages."

From the date we met until the date he died, JimBear and I only shared a total of 2 years, 1 month, and 11 days. But it was enough. It was enough that I have known ever since how it feels to be totally loved and I've known that even I truly could be very loved. Until then, through my entire life, I had never known that. And I can tell you, we really don't know what we don't know. Now I do. And because I finally knew that, I could also accept as a fact God's love for me. I had loved God for many years, but I had never felt His love for me. It was only after I'd felt Jim's love for me that I even could feel God's love for me.

Since then, I have completed my teaching career, retired, and eventually moved in with my youngest daughter and her family. They want me, and they love me here, and I am lucky among mothers to know it. But I will walk tall among women for the rest of my life because I was once loved by an incredible man. And when I die, I am as sure as I am of my own heartbeat that he will be there waiting to welcome me and show me around. God is good to me, and even when it didn't feel like it, He was always good to me. It's amazing how the love of a truly good man awakened in me God's love, which had always been with me, even when I felt it the least. Having Jim in my life, even for that very short time, changed everything, and I will be forever grateful for it.

• Upvote 6

These testimonies just speak of the love and

mercy our God has towards us. I am weeping

over some of what I just read. God is good, and He

is faithful even when we are not faithful.

At the age of 17, when all my friends were enjoying

themselves, I was pondering the meaning of life. I did

not share this emptiness with anyone; I kept it inside.

I married very young and was in a terrible relationship for

a long time. At the age of 29, I became a believer, went to

Bible College and finally realized the meaning of life, or at

least my life. I was finally able to walk away from abuse.

I was single for a number of years and then God brought

an incredible man into my life. We have been married for 20

years and he loves God more than he loves me; which is just

what I prayed for. He wrote 3 Christian books, serves as a leader

in our church, and has the gift of mercy.

He is a former biker, atheist, and drug abuser... so he has his

own testimony... we met after the Lord delivered him and set

him free. No one would believe what his life was like before God

took hold of him... he is giving his testimony in 2 weeks at a Men's

ministry.

When I think of the love of God, His Mercy, His Grace, His Favor,

His Healing Power, His Deliverance, His Provision... It makes me

want to Dance, Dance, Dance!

• Upvote 6

I was a child, about ten or eleven, when my grandfather died. I was confused about why and what next, but I was mostly confused about why God would let such a good man suffer so much before taking him to heaven.

My mom was the one try to answer those kinds of questions, and she was raising her children Catholic. As a Catholic we were taught about pergatory, that half-way step between life and heaven, where you go to wait for heaven because you haven't been bad enough to go to hell, but you haven't been good enough to go directly to heaven, do not pass go ... you get the idea.

Well, mom told me that God had allowed Grandpa to suffer in his last months here on earth so that he would not have to wait in pergatory. The pain and suffering he went through here would be sufficient penance that he would not have to wait and would go straight to heaven. Well, it made me feel better at the time, as it would any child who was trying to understand death, and suffering, and felt the loss of someone she loved a great deal.

So now, what do I have to thank God for? I thank Him for giving me the pain, and suffering, and sometimes the absolute darkest of nights in which to hide with my agony and tears ... because according to my mom, who passed away decades ago, all that suffering, that God allows, would mean a direct trip to heaven.

This is NOT meant to be sarcastic or in any way disrespectful. It is absolutely true and that is how I really feel. I have had to feel that way or I would not be able to handle what I have to deal with otherwise. I guess I have to thank God for the wisdom to accept and believe whatever will get me through this life.

Thanks for the opportunity to ... share.

;)/>

smee2

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 8

The Lord's Clinic

post-557-136017227296_thumb.jpg

post-557-136017227483_thumb.jpg

post-557-136017227663_thumb.jpg

post-557-136017227835_thumb.jpg

post-557-13601722803_thumb.jpg

post-557-136017228182_thumb.jpg

post-557-136017228338_thumb.jpg

post-557-136017228567_thumb.jpg

post-557-136017228707_thumb.jpg

post-557-136017255102_thumb.jpg

post-557-13601725525_thumb.jpg

post-557-136017255398_thumb.jpg

post-557-136017255546_thumb.jpg

post-557-136017255688_thumb.jpg

post-557-136017255872_thumb.jpg

post-557-136017256041_thumb.jpg

Hello, sorry to bother you, but it is very urgent! I have a friend who came from far away and need a place to stay. As well, I suggested your place. I ask you to receive and love him. His name is Jesus Christ. Now say quietly: You can enter, Lord, I need you, cleanse my heart with your blood and bless my family. If you believe in God send this message to people. If they refuse, remember that Jesus said "If you deny me among men I will deny you before my Father." Within 4 minutes will give you good news..

post-557-136017256198_thumb.jpg

When He gets to your PC, escort Him to the next stop. Please don't allow Him to sleep on your PC. The message He's carrying is very important and needs to go round. May God bless you as you do this! AMEN.

My sister sent this to me and I wanted to sahre with all of you!! smile.gif

• Upvote 4

I've so many blessings I've lost count - my latest is prayer for a friend for a job - she got the job of her life and is the happiest and most satisfied that I've seen her in the 20 years of knowing her. Whenever she talks about how satisfied and happy she is at her work - all I think about is how thankful to God that I am because he answered my prayer and that just blesses the socks off of me. I know he listens.

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...

I was born to 2 parents who fully indulged themselves in the hippie movement. When dad got high or drunk, he withdrew. When mom got high or drunk, she got mean. After 15 years of this, I struck out on my own hell bent to show the world I didn't need anybody. I was determined to be successful. Me and the GI Bill put me through college and by the time I was 32 I was general manager for a large corporation. Company ride, corner office, secretary out front, golf 3 times a week, Vegas every other month, trips all over the world..... I was living the big life and full of pride and arrogance because I thought I had done it all. I thought in spite of the what things had been like growing up, I became someone...... Then everything fell apart and in a 2 week span of time, I found myself homeless again and alone. I lost my house, my wife and kid, my job, I lost everything....... Including my pride. Then..... On December 19, 1999 homeless and in the middle of the worst ice storm in ages here in east Texas, I remembered back to what I had learned in VBS all those times my parents sent me so that I could be out of their hair..... I remembered Jesus.... I remembered hearing that true JOY was found in Jesus, Others then Yourself...... I cried out to him that day and asked him if he was real to come into my life and save me..... He did just that!!! The next 6 years became a great time of growth and healing. I reestablished a relationship with my dad (too late for mom, she had Alzheimer's) became the dad my son needed and grew immensely in The Lord!!! I am now remarried to a HOT wife who loves Jesus!! I now have a greater position than I ever had before and I teach intercity kids who have backgrounds like I did every week!!! Jesus is my savior, my hero, my life's ambition!!! Without him, I would literally be nothing!!,

• Upvote 7