Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Any coin collectors here

Elixirbaby

Hi all. I just bought some coins and was wanting to get your thoughts on value. My kids 7 & 11 and i are getting into coin collecting and are having lots of fun. Thanks for your input.

1962 P Franklin Half Dollar,UC,Silver PR70,INB Certified Full Strike

1982 D Washington Half Dollar,Silver MS70,INB Certified Full Strike

Hi all. I just bought some coins and was wanting to get your thoughts on value. My kids 7 & 11 and i are getting into coin collecting and are having lots of fun. Thanks for your input.

1962 P Franklin Half Dollar,UC,Silver PR70,INB Certified Full Strike

1982 D Washington Half Dollar,Silver MS70,INB Certified Full Strike

Believe it or not check out e-bay . Its a great place to reference coins and stamps in regards to value

#1. Buy only certified ( graded ) coins like you did. # 2 Only buy graded coins by PCGS or NGC. ANACS and ICG are other lower rated companies. Stay away from all others.#3 Don't expect much if any appreciation in the value so you won't get discouraged if you sell. It's a hobby, right? You may enjoy collecting the commemorative coins that the mint has issued still in the government packaging. The proof coins are really cool looking! Have fun!

• Upvote 1

hahahha good luck in the venture, coins are a crazy deal, if you find one that has two heads or two tails { one on each side } send it to me i`ll get rid of it for you ---> NO CHARGE :lol:;) but first go get a coin book and read what too look for in each catagories , like indian heads or buffalo money, wheat backs, silver certificates, ... kind of like stamps , printed upside down, or double stamped { called strikes } DO NOT BUY THAT CRAP ON TELEVISION ---> DOUBLE EAGLES , WALKING LIBERTY COINS --- never before printed is the give away, i fell for the double eagle { real gold } :angry: rat=bass boys,, nice print on front---> on back a very beautiful printed C O P Y under the eagle ding dang dad, nad, double messing no good ---- :o ahhhhhhh such language from a jeep guy hahhhaa, just do like your doing on vets dinar read read read

lol i don't collect any coins but i buy silver and gold coins from diffrent sites. i like the way they look and i hold them till they go up in value

here in kentuck ---- we bench press gold bars, borrowed from fort knox don`t ya see :P i`m up too two bars hahhahahhahaha

http://jcsgold.com/shop/1963-d-bu-silver-half-dollar-roll/?gclid=CIqU7O2J5rQCFQJx4Aod6AsAew roll of 20 for 273 .. 1963 franklin half dollars ..

i heard buying junk silver coins is a good investment if something were to go wrong and our dollar died ..

quarters and dimes prior to 1964 .. could be udes for purchase .. gold would be to expensive for everyday trade .. http://jcsgold.com/shop/90-silver-dimes-50-face-value/?gclid=CNfU-cyK5rQCFUOK4AodET8AYw

dimes are supposed to be good ones .. for small purchases ..like bread milk .. they dont have to be i good shape ..its just their weight in silver

i guess a dime is worth about 7 bucks each

1 ounce silver eagles >>> http://www.amergold.com/vault/americansilvereagles.php <<<< 33 bucks

Edited by dontlop

as a hobby it's great .... if your gonna do it only go for graded coins, there's no point just collecting ungraded tarnished coins.

I have a few, my two favorites are both NGC graded at MS64 & MS65 RD ...... there only from 1986 but there the only ones in the world at that grade there the kind of coins I collect.

I do collect other Gold and silver coins and bars but I dont look at them as an investment per say, there price fluctuates with the commodity markets but generally do not go up in value. they normally track inflation and therefore are a hedge against inflation. I know somebody earlier mentoned they collect gold and silver coins hoping they go up in value ...... thing is they still have the same value (purchasing power) if you buy a regular 1oz gold coin in 2013 for $1650 and in 2015 sell it for lets just say $2300 that is not an appreciation in value it's still worth the same amount it's just that the dollar has depreciated in value.

anyway what im trying to say is if your looking at coins as an investment or just for collecting .... get graded ones they will normally cost a lot more than ones that are ungraded but appreciate in value much quicker. there normally priced on there rarity / mintage and even where there from makes a huge difference.

if your just looking for a hedge go for bullion coins straight from your local mint.

• Upvote 1

Since your on the subject.. the dollar bill's with different face value..If they have the Stars on them they are usually worth twice the face value..front-new-five.jpg Lower-denomination "star notes" are usually worth a small premium but are not considered to be rarities.

They're bills printed to replace a bill that was damaged during production. The serial number is reused to avoid a gap in the series, with the asterisk indicating that the bill is a replacement.

Newer star notes are of interest generally only if they're crisp and uncirculated, and are usually worth a dollar or two more than face value. Older (1960s and before) can be worth a bit more than their non-starred counterparts even in circulated condition. Also, high-denomination star notes can be worth a significant premium. http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Are_dollar_bills_with_stars_on_them_worth_anything#