Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Liberal disdain of Christianity

cris

Subject: Read how the Democrats handled Christianity.

by Rev. Austin Miles

CHARLOTTE, North Carolina (9/11/12) When the DNC came to Charlotte, area churches, 100 of them, offered hospitality, not knowing how much the Dems hate God and would actually boo God at the convention. They had no idea how that hatred would be directed at them and their churches. 
The Sunday before the DNC, over 9000 people had come together to pray for the convention. Then, wanting to extend hospitality to the visitors to their city, 56 of the churches set out to “Adopt-a-Delegation.” 
They put together gift baskets featuring Carolina Pralines and a letter welcoming them to the city and offering assistance in transportation, childcare or spiritual matters. 
According to writer, Todd Starnes, The DNC banned the churches from distributing the gift baskets to delegates because, DNC said, (Read this carefully the congregations hold values that are contrary to the party platform.

David Benham, one of the organizers of the outreach said, “We were just trying to display Southern hospitality.” DNC officials, however, conveyed to city leaders that the Christians would not be allowed to present their gift baskets.

Even the Charlotte Mayor’s office jumped in to tell the churches not to participate, saying that their views on women’s rights are contrary to the platform. That’s right….the same platform that booed God later. 
Benham then asked if they could send welcome letters to the delegates. Again, the DNC refused, because, they said, “The churches hold pro-life values.” 
The baskets did not contain a single political or pro-life message. They just wanted to give them regional candles and a welcome letter. The DNC refused to return numerous phone calls seeking comment. 
But it gets worse. When a gathering of 200 Muslims showed up to pray for the convention, the Dems welcomed them with open arms and the liberal media gave extensive national coverage. 
It is ironic that this day, in the shadow of that Islamic prayer event, we commemorate the greatest tragedy in American History, when Muslims attacked America on September 11, 2001, brutally killing thousands.of innocent people. Muslims who publicly state their hatred of our country with fierce determination to kill us all and put America under Sharia Law, are welcomed by the Democratic Party while Christians are pushed out of sight like criminals because they respect life and hold family values. 
These are the same Democrats who want you to vote them into office to direct the United States of America and every life from beginning to end. It is obvious that we must not let this happen. 
Our thanks to Rev. Ed Berkey (retired) who alerted us to this story. Austin Miles

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/dnc-rejects-church-gift-baskets.html

• Upvote 17
  • Downvote 6

Thanks for bringing this over Cris.. I don't know what to say to this.

The Democrats can deny back & forth, up & down....But this

is their platform....Anti-Christian. <_<

Remember during their vote to re-reinstate God they denied Him & the

Israeli Capital, Jerusalem three times

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 5

is their platform....Anti-Christian. <_<

What's really messed up is there will still be some Christians to vote for him... 38 days left to pray for the restoration of the country we love..

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

Those who deny God will be judged by God. Its up to the Christian's to be the army of God. We need to fight for our freedoms, our religious freedom, the unborn and so much more.

Yota you are absolutely correct in stating that God is watching and He does not forget. Psalms 9:6-7 " You rebuked the nations and destroy the wicked; their name you blotted out forever and ever. The enemies are ruined completely forever; the remembrance of the cities you uprooted has perished.

God is growing tired of holding His hand back.

• Upvote 5

What's really messed up is there will still be some Christians to vote for him... 38 days left to pray for the restoration of the country we love..

My church has asked the congregation to fast and pray until election day. I feel led to fast (eating evening meal only) and I am encouraging my Christian friends to do the same.

• Upvote 5

I took care of that, and then some, thanks Cris. UR

Ty Unitedrich!! ;)

Those who deny God will be judged by God. Its up to the Christian's to be the army of God. We need to fight for our freedoms, our religious freedom, the unborn and so much more.

Yota you are absolutely correct in stating that God is watching and He does not forget. Psalms 9:6-7 " You rebuked the nations and destroy the wicked; their name you blotted out forever and ever. The enemies are ruined completely forever; the remembrance of the cities you uprooted has perished.

Ty pattyangel ;)

Edited by yota691
  • Upvote 3

You know, cris merely brought an article over, nothing worth popping him with negs over. And it's not anything I wanted to see. But do I find it believable? Yep.

Yota691 reminded us that our Father is watching. Thanks, yota. I know He is watching.

And here are a couple of things that our political friends should probably remember (and I'm taking this from NIV):

In Genesis 12:3, God is telling Abram that he will make him the father of a great nation that eventually became what we know as Israel today. And he says, "I will bless those that bless you and whoever curses you I will curse; and all the peoples on earth will be blessed through you." To me, that's pretty straight forward. As a Gentile, I'm blessed through Abraham because of Jesus Christ.

In 2Timothy 2:12, Paul is instructing Timothy regarding Jesus Christ. And and he says, "If we disown him, he will also disown us." Again, pretty straight forward.

I have not taken these words out of context.

We, as a people, started out pretty well. But now it's vogue to bash anything and everything that supports Judaism and Christianity. Well, not me. I won't stand with those that refuse to stand with God's chosen people. Show me exactly where it says God has decided that the Sons of Abraham are no longer His chosen people. I also won't stand with those who refuse to stand with Jesus Christ. I won't deny Christ any longer. He paid my debt with his blood. And I'll stand with Christ.

I said what I had to say and I'll get off my soapbox now.

cris, I did what I could to reverse the negs.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

looks like a lot red standing up for the Devil... I'm out of Green cris but I'll come back when i do get some more +++ Oh one more thing!! God your Father is watching you!!

Thanks yota :D and thanks for bringing the news every day

You know, cris merely brought an article over, nothing worth popping him with negs over. And it's not anything I wanted to see. But do I find it believable? Yep.

Yota691 reminded us that our Father is watching. Thanks, yota. I know He is watching.

And here are a couple of things that our political friends should probably remember (and I'm taking this from NIV):

In Genesis 12:3, God is telling Abram that he will make him the father of a great nation that eventually became what we know as Israel today. And he says, "I will bless those that bless you and whoever curses you I will curse; and all the peoples on earth will be blessed through you." To me, that's pretty straight forward. As a Gentile, I'm blessed through Abraham because of Jesus Christ.

In 2Timothy 2:12, Paul is instructing Timothy regarding Jesus Christ. And and he says, "If we disown him, he will also disown us." Again, pretty straight forward.

I have not taken these words out of context.

We, as a people, started out pretty well. But now it's vogue to bash anything and everything that supports Judaism and Christianity. Well, not me. I won't stand with those that refuse to stand with God's chosen people. Show me exactly where it says God has decided that the Sons of Abraham are no longer His chosen people. I also won't stand with those who refuse to stand with Jesus Christ. I won't deny Christ any longer. He paid my debt with his blood. And I'll stand with Christ.

I said what I had to say and I'll get off my soapbox now.

cris, I did what I could to reverse the negs.

Thanks 429...I sure appreciate that, and agree 100% with your post ;)

I took care of that, and then some, thanks Cris. UR

Thank you Unitedrich....I've got some trolls that follow me around :rolleyes:

I guess they didnt care to hear the truth about their Party today.

Romney/Ryan 2012!!! :D

• Upvote 6

Jesus' word to the disciples (apostles) just before His going to the cross. "If the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me before you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own, but because you are not of the world, . . . therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you, 'A slave is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you . . . But all these things they will do to your for My name's sake, because they do not know the One who sent Me. If I had not done among them the works which no one else did, they would not have sin; but now they have both seen and hated Me and My Father as well. But they have done this in order that the word may be fulfilled that is written in their Law, THEY HATED ME WITHOUT A CAUSE." (John 15:18-25)

• Upvote 2

Thanks for bringing this over Cris.. I don't know what to say to this.

I know what to say. Might as well call it like it is.

If Christians were Christ-like then there would be no problem.

Unfortunately, today's fundamentalists act about as much like Christ as...well, you can fill in the blank.

They have dug themselves a hole so deep, they can't see out.

Killing in the name of God - isn't that sweet...

Army of God....where have I heard that before? Crusades? Hundred Years' War in England? Imperials wars of aggression throughout time?

How did our oil get under their sand? Let's say the Muslims want to get us all, then we can take their oil...

And you call yourself Patty Angel.

Really.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 10

Hame55, you can interpret army of God any way you wish. Don't be so closed minded. My army of God will be prayer. Prayer is my powerful weapon.

As far as my avatar name you have judged me wrong and shown me disrespect. To me it seems your hungry for a spat. I will stand down and say a prayer for you. If you only new the story behind my avatar.

• Upvote 9

Unfortunately, today's fundamentalists act about as much like Christ as...well, you can fill in the blank.

Army of God....where have I heard that before? Crusades? Hundred Years' War in England? Imperials wars of aggression throughout time?

Thats pretty funny...A liberal lecturing Christians :rolleyes:

• Upvote 4

is their platform....Anti-Christian. dry.gif

I watched that and it was shocking! The camera would go over the audiences and I got another shock to see so many people in turbans of many different colors and one with a green turban holding a sign that started with "We" and finished with something that appeared to me to be either a warning or threat or maybe a subliminal message..spooky.

And about God being taken out, the word God was used as an adjective and not the Diety and it was still voted out. Previously all references to God had already been removed..blasphemous! It is a great shame that my Christian and secular family and friends do not realize what has and continues to be done with the democratic platform..... not a clue.

And then to deny Jerusalem as the Capital of Israel is just beyond words.

Thanks Patriots and Great Americans for getting this message out to the people :twothumbs::tiphat:

• Upvote 2

If Christians were Christ-like then there would be no problem. That why Jesus went to Calvary, for the sin's of the people!! But I assume you know this, Right!!

They have dug themselves a hole so deep, they can't see out. The Nay Sayers have omitted God out of everything!! Proven at the Democratic Convention once again!! The Fundamentalism is what the USA will Witness and Rise come Nov 6, 2012...

Killing in the name of God - isn't that sweet... I'm still trying to figure out how you spin this!! The Bible has many wars, and it also states about Rumors of war!!

Army of God....where have I heard that before? Crusades? Hundred Years' War in England? Imperials wars of aggression throughout time? Since the Creation of Man, which goes back to a Few Thousand years instead of Hundreds!!

How did our oil get under their sand? Let's say the Muslims want to get us all, then we can take their oil... :blink:

And you call yourself Patty Angel. When you Stand up and Rejoice and Speak the Word of the Lord, You are Angels in God eyes!! We all have one Destination are you Prepared?

Really.

Edited by yota691
  • Upvote 2

When did Christianity become bipartisan? Do we know for sure that all Democrats are anti-Christian? Do we know for a fact that all Republican are Christian? How about Independents? What side are they on?

This whole election year as become a horrible hate filled event. One side completely at odds with the other, which is something I expect because the fundamentals are so opposed. However, the fact that a person's faith is dependent on their party beliefs is a little far fetched. My father was the most God fearing man I have ever known. He was a firm believer in giving a helping hand. He did not have a party affiliate but leaned Democrat. If he would have stated he was a Democrat, would that make him less of a Christian? He voted Republican when he felt the party held the best solutions for the issues at the time. I would like to believe I follow in his footsteps. I do not have a party affiliate because I don't feel that just because someone is Democrat or Republican makes them automatically perfect for the job. I decide on personal matters and the issues facing our nation. And yes, I use faith as a guideline. If I vote Democrat one year does that really cause me to displease my Lord and Savior? Will I gain favor if I vote Republican? I believe that how I live my life decides if my God is happy with me. My thoughts and my actions certainly speak more for me than if I write Republican or Democrat on a voter ballot.

You can neg me all you want because I don't automatically fall into what is being said. I did not watch either convention. I happen to not believe what is being said at them. Each party will try to make their candidate the best and only show the good. I take all the information I gather and decide who I feel is better for me when it comes time for election.

Edited by FlintNPebbles
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

How did our oil get under their sand? Let's say the Muslims want to get us all, then we can take their oil...

And you call yourself Patty Angel.

Really.

Remember, that there are a tremendous amount of atrocities that happen under the name of the Christian religion that have nothing to do with Christianity. Crusades, Hundred Years War, etc. were not Christian, but were under the guise of being Christian.

Difference? The church of God changed the attitude of it's citizens to peace with power. The power was in the life and message they proclaimed, the gospel of Christ.

Those participating in war as a means of spreading their religion has nothing to do with Christianity. Those individuals who kill or abusive or persecuting of other religions do not understand Christ and His love for mankind.

Christians stand strong against those who seek to change the Scripture, moral life, or salvation through Christ. They will not capitulate, but they will not defame, use abusive speech, harass, or persecute anyone. Those who call themselves "Christian" and do these things, need to reexamine their belief and Who they are recognizing as their Lord, for is is not Christ.

• Upvote 4

What about Peter? He cut off a high priests ear. Paul later had to rebuke him for being somewhat racist I believe. Actually we as Christians are like any other human being. We get angry. We say things we should not say at times. Christians will fight for their loved ones and their beliefs. They will also lay down their lifes for the gospel. Jesus said my kingdom is not of this world but in another place he said if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come he would not have allowed him. Jesus said if you live by the sword you will die by the sword. As far as trying to bundle everyone into a pile who call themselves Christians and say if they do these things they are not you need to read the scriptures again.

There is none who doeth good and sinneth not no not one.

For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God

If any man says he has not sinned he is a liar and the truth is not in him.

All your righteousnesses are as filthy rags saith the Lord.

We are all sinners saved by grace. We have an advocate with the Father. Our high Priest can be touched with the feeling of our infirmities. He did call soldiers to become followers of Him Soldiers who had to kill enemies. Your religious experience is pretty devoid of humanity by what you just wrote. It also is Hypocritical according to the Bible because you are a sinner also. Saved by grace. I thank God I am judged by mercy and not man. No man would be saved if we were judged without mercy. Judge not that ye be not judged. Those were some pretty harsh words Nelg

Remember, that there are a tremendous amount of atrocities that happen under the name of the Christian religion that have nothing to do with Christianity. Crusades, Hundred Years War, etc. were not Christian, but were under the guise of being Christian.

Difference? The church of God changed the attitude of it's citizens to peace with power. The power was in the life and message they proclaimed, the gospel of Christ.

Those participating in war as a means of spreading their religion has nothing to do with Christianity. Those individuals who kill or abusive or persecuting of other religions do not understand Christ and His love for mankind.

Christians stand strong against those who seek to change the Scripture, moral life, or salvation through Christ. They will not capitulate, but they will not defame, use abusive speech, harass, or persecute anyone. Those who call themselves "Christian" and do these things, need to reexamine their belief and Who they are recognizing as their Lord, for is is not Christ.

What about Peter? He cut off a high priests ear. Paul later had to rebuke him for being somewhat racist I believe. Actually we as Christians are like any other human being. We get angry. We say things we should not say at times. Christians will fight for their loved ones and their beliefs. They will also lay down their lifes for the gospel. Jesus said my kingdom is not of this world but in another place he said if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come he would not have allowed him. Jesus said if you live by the sword you will die by the sword. As far as trying to bundle everyone into a pile who call themselves Christians and say if they do these things they are not you need to read the scriptures again.

We are all sinners saved by grace. We have an advocate with the Father. Our high Priest can be touched with the feeling of our infirmities. He did call soldiers to become followers of Him Soldiers who had to kill enemies. Your religious experience is pretty devoid of humanity by what you just wrote. It also is Hypocritical according to the Bible because you are a sinner also. Saved by grace. I thank God I am judged by mercy and not man. No man would be saved if we were judged without mercy. Judge not that ye be not judged. Those were some pretty harsh words Nelg

• Upvote 2

I'm sorry you misunderstood my point. I certainly agree that we are all sinners and do, say, and act on the lusts and passions of the flesh. We make wrong decisions based on those desires and passions. Thus wars and fightings in the world are because of those lusts and desires for more. Peter's bearing the sword to fight off the Jewish guards who came to arrest him was not an action that Christ approved (Mt 26:50-56). Saul of Tarsus persecuted the saints of God and asked for and received authority from the high priest to do so (Acts 9:1-2; 22:3-5, 19-21), but changed on his conversion to Christ. The persecutor became the persecuted (22:22-25). The Centurion (Acts 10) was a Roman commander in charge of troops to keep the peace and fight battles, but that is ordained by God (Rom 13:1-7; 1Pt 2:11-17) and Christians can and do participate in those authorities ordained by God. But when it comes to persecuting or destroying individuals because they are in disagreement religiously with us, or beating an individual for "no cause" is not acting under the control of the Spirit of Christ.

For a religion to "sanctify" a war is not justified by the Scripture and teaching of the New Testament. Certainly wars were fought in the Old Testament and they had their purpose totally fulfilled. Now we are under a new covenant, the covenant of grace found in Christ. We follow a Lord who has told us how to live and act as we walk by the Spirit and it is not according to the flesh (Rom 8 as well as Romans 14 - 15). Christians are to live in righteousness and peace and the joy of the Spirit, but not like the rest of the world (Gal 5:19-26).

You and I continue to make wrong decisions which produce sin in our life, but it is not what God wants us to be like. We need to be more and more like Christ.

We live in a world that continues to "water down" the word of God to justify sinful behavior. What I wrote is certainly the "ideal" for our existence here in this world. I do not want to justify sinful behavior and actions. Can those actions be forgiven? Certainly, but only through the blood of Christ! The question is do we want to change our actions and decisions? Or, do we want to continue in sin that grace may abound? God forbid! How shall we who are dead to our old life as a sinner live any longer in it? We can't! That's my point. We are either changing to the image of Christ or we are not. Which is it?

• Upvote 3