Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Fall is Hunting Season

RodandStaff

hey rodandstaff this showed up in my facebook page.this is how minnesota hunts a ten pointer

Nothing like "corn feed venison" aye jaman!!! wink.gif

YEP!!!!!!!!!!!

534480_3971323567015_1248228362_n.jpgbiggrin.giftongue.giftongue.gifsmile.gif

O.K., gotta be honest littlefeet ... if she wandered up to my fishing hole dressed like that I would either have to leave or pass around the beer... cause it may be hard to concentrate on the fishing after that!!! rolleyes.gif

• Upvote 1

Nothing like "corn feed venison" aye jaman!!! wink.gif

O.K., gotta be honest littlefeet ... if she wandered up to my fishing hole dressed like that I would either have to leave or pass around the beer... cause it may be hard to concentrate on the fishing after that!!! rolleyes.gif

RodandStaff'

It would be "Hard" seeing that (not may be)lol

• Upvote 1

YEP!!!!!!!!!!!

534480_3971323567015_1248228362_n.jpgbiggrin.giftongue.giftongue.gifsmile.gif

Is that a Zebco? :lol: :lol:

I think I was one of the ones born to fish. It's all I think about. I want to spend every waking moment on the river. Spring Chinook, Summer Steelhead, Fall Salmon, and then Winter Steelhead over and over, year after year. I love the solitude, and being in places only God can make. I do my best to fish where other people don't, but there are those that think like me, so I do run into a few. People say I should guide, but then it wouldn't be fishing. It would be guiding, and what would the clients do when I release the fish. Oh I can see the look on their faces. I catch way to many fish to keep them all, but I save a few for friends, and the smoker. :)

• Upvote 1

hey rodandstaff this showed up in my facebook page.this is how minnesota hunts a ten pointer

Having worked for the Green Giant as a kid I can tell youse guys that that deer is going find it's way into the cream corn. If fact anything slower than the picker is cream corn!

• Upvote 1

Is that a Zebco? :lol: :lol:

I think I was one of the ones born to fish. It's all I think about. I want to spend every waking moment on the river. Spring Chinook, Summer Steelhead, Fall Salmon, and then Winter Steelhead over and over, year after year. I love the solitude, and being in places only God can make. I do my best to fish where other people don't, but there are those that think like me, so I do run into a few. People say I should guide, but then it wouldn't be fishing. It would be guiding, and what would the clients do when I release the fish. Oh I can see the look on their faces. I catch way to many fish to keep them all, but I save a few for friends, and the smoker. :)

I say this with all due respect for your mama... "man she musta had a painful birth popping you out with that fishing pole in your hand"!!! unsure.gifrolleyes.gif

Having worked for the Green Giant as a kid I can tell youse guys that that deer is going find it's way into the cream corn. If fact anything slower than the picker is cream corn!

I don't know if I really wanted to know that!!! blink.gif ...But I'm glad my wife cans our own veggies!!! rolleyes.gif

• Upvote 2

I say this with all due respect for your mama... "man she musta had a painful birth popping you out with that fishing pole in your hand"!!! unsure.gifrolleyes.gif

:lol: :lol: And the fact that I was not a small baby in the first place. Over 10lbs.

I don't know if I really wanted to know that!!! blink.gif ...But I'm glad my wife cans our own veggies!!! rolleyes.gif

• Upvote 1

Some folks don't take a failed hunting

attempts very well... just sayin!!!rolleyes.gif

th_1245403005_cat_disappointed.gif

funny-dog-pictures-bird-hunting-bad.jpg

Always, always keep an eye on your blind side.... you never know what might be sneaking up on you!!! unsure.gif

Stalkingyou.jpg

Yes... I would like to see someone catch their prey like this!!!blink.gif

Fox_snow_huntingpounce.gif

The fox pic reminds me of when I was fishing out of the Roaring fork in Colorado. Landing a 16 inch plus brook trout into some brush and it bounced into shallow water, my dad watched from up stream and I dove for it, what a picture and a bunch of yelling and I got it. ahahhaha.

• Upvote 1

I love this time of year. The Kings and Silvers are done, and I have a couple of weeks to pick my spot to fish for chum when they start hittin the upper river. Truly beautiful, the leaves have changed, Eagles are everywhere ( waiting for their next unsuspecting meal), and the air is so fresh with it starting to get colder. The river is starting to clear also now that the glaciers aren't putting as much silt in the water. They run mud brown in the summer time, unless they're spring fed rivers. With the weather getting colder and wetter there are a lot less people fishing. Got a lot of fair weather folks here. This is definitely a good time of year. Can't wait for Christmas. That's my favorite day to go fishing. Never anybody on the river. Just me, the fish, and Gods beauty. I hope it snows this year for it really adds to it all.

• Upvote 2

Nice job !!!!!!!!

emot-downsbravo.gif

Looks like a perfect heart shot, nice. My dad got a kick out of me when I asked my dad where I should shoot my first animal, in the neck. Nooo, my dad said thats a tough shot, shoot it in the heart. Thats where I shot it.

• Upvote 1

Wow !!! Thats one nice mulie

Thank you. Some incredible stories. I am a lucky guy. My dad would set my up really well. He would point me in the right direction or bring the deer to me, some years later I finally added it all up. He hunted and fished all his life. A neighbor got a royal elk within walking distance from the house.

• Upvote 1

My granddaughter's first deer - she is really proud to have gotten a 9 point buck - believe she said she used a .223

1stdeer.jpg

T.G.... ya tell that granddaughter of your's congrats on the wonderful success she had... quite a nice shot too I might add!!! th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

Ok, I think I got it. Choose file button & then attach button . Third attempt attaching picture. :huh:

Nice buck my dad shot.

WOW... just WOW!!! biggrin.gif

Thank you. Some incredible stories. I am a lucky guy. My dad would set my up really well. He would point me in the right direction or bring the deer to me, some years later I finally added it all up. He hunted and fished all his life. A neighbor got a royal elk within walking distance from the house.

Not much beats inheriting a hunting passion from your dad... and yes, I agree, your lucky.... maybe even more than you know. There are so many in this society that don't get the privilege of having things like that passed on to them from their parents... some from broken homes, some from homes that don't believe in this kind of life style. Enjoy and cherish those memories... and pass them on to others whenever you can! Thanks for sharing!!! wink.gif

• Upvote 1