Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Fall is Hunting Season

RodandStaff

Hey Rod. Help me out. How do you make your pic`s come up big when you post.? I insert a pic upload it to the post but it come out small and you have to click on it to make it big. Whats the secret ? Hmmmmmmm smile.gif example

Edited by dog53
  • Upvote 1

Hey Rod. Help me out. How do you make your pic`s come up big when you post.? I insert a pic upload it to the post but it come out small and you have to click on it to make it big. Whats the secret ? Hmmmmmmm smile.gif example

That's funny... I will consider myself warned!!! laugh.gif

I'll try and take a shot at that dog... for an example, lets go to a "funny dog pictures site"...

http://www.funnydogsite.com/

Alright, now let's pick a funny pair having a blast... if I just highlight the photo and right click and scroll down to "copy image" this is what I will get....

Diving_For_The_Ball_s.jpg

But, if I double click the left mouse button it opens a larger version. I then right click, scroll down and click "Copy image" and bring it over to DV and paste it....

Diving_For_The_Ball.jpg

I hope that helps... don't hesitate to ask if you still have any problems... that's how I got started by a lot of help from other DV friends!!! wink.gif

I will add one tip... not all sights as you have probably discovered are "user friendly" for using their pictures, they don't always work. So it's a matter of finding a sight that works... and then having some fun!!! biggrin.gif

Over population is a problem found in most species. Thats why its so important to regulate and provide a legal harvesting method for the good of the animal. Dolphins don't really fall into the hunting categories don't know why anyone would destroy one. Wolves on the other hand if destroying livestock would have to go otherwise they also are on my list as a non-game animal . Whales i'm kinda on the middle on. If they have been studied and it is decide by biologist that a certain number must be culled and that their meat will be consumed I just don't think I have a right to say stop the killing of them. But me personally I cant see me eating any blubber.

Some real good answers there dog... and yeah, I think our "fat free diets" have gotten us past eating whale blubber!!! rolleyes.gif

An old joke - and still cracks me up everytime.

Deer Camp

All the guys were all at a deer camp. No one wanted to room with Bob, because he snored so badly. They decided it wasn't fair to make one

of them stay with him the whole time, so they voted to take turns.

The first guy slept with Bob and comes to breakfast the next morning with his hair a mess and his eyes all bloodshot.

They said, "Man, what happened to you? He said, "Bob snored so loudly, I just sat up and watched him all night."

The next night it was a different guy's turn. In the morning, same thing, hair all standing up, eyes all bloodshot.

They said, "Man, what happened to you? You look awful! He said, 'Man, that Bob shakes the roof with his snoring. I watched him all night."

The third night was Fred's turn. Fred was a tanned, older cowboy, a man's man. The next morning he came to breakfast bright-eyed and

bushy-tailed.

"Good morning!" he said. They couldn't believe it. They said, "Man, what happened?"

He said, "Well, we got ready for bed. I went and tucked Bob into bed, patted him on the butt, and kissed him good night. Bob sat up and

watched me all night."

With age comes wisdom.

I'm sleepin in the car Sage!!! emot-shakehead.gif

Things could get interesting at Earl's house this year!!! emot-shakehead.gif

hunting-funny.png

• Upvote 1

hahahahaha well look -e- that. Thanks Rod. About 30 years ago I shot one just like this with a Sig single action army .357 Mag. One shot 40 yards away (i walk it off) He was on a slow trot. I rolled him... hahhahahhaa Yep I love this stuff. Great thread Rob

pig3.jpg

• Upvote 1

Some folks don't take a failed hunting

attempts very well... just sayin!!!rolleyes.gif

th_1245403005_cat_disappointed.gif

funny-dog-pictures-bird-hunting-bad.jpg

Always, always keep an eye on your blind side.... you never know what might be sneaking up on you!!! unsure.gif

Stalkingyou.jpg

Yes... I would like to see someone catch their prey like this!!!blink.gif

Fox_snow_huntingpounce.gif

• Upvote 2

I just hope all concerned "can read" these no hunting signs!!! unsure.gif

sign.jpg

Speaking of hunting whales, and then coming across this picture. I used to do oil research for a while in the Gulf of Mexico. Well, they sent me to Prudoe Bay, Ak to do the same job. As a company we kissed Eskimo butt, so we could do what we do. Anyway, we let them use our equipment to drag their whales up on land after the kill. Polar bears can smell food 50 miles away, and sure enough the next day they were here. First, a momma and two cubs, and then a couple males. The North Slope Security were shooting them with rubber bullets after the Eskimos were allowed to put bloody whale blood caked bags on our little barge. We were all doing the peek out the door before actually stepping out on the deck routine for awhile. No polar bear ever came on the barge, but a fox did stare me down once. I guess 80% of foxes up there carry the rabies virus. I wasn't going to take the chance. That fox could have all the bloody bags he wanted. :lol:

• Upvote 1

A big part of hunting... is passing on the tradition, and seeing the look of excitement on their faces, esp. with their first success!!! wink.gif

224407_487342177942963_2084810180_n.jpg

Classic... what can I say??? blink.gifCan anybody

really be that... unsure.gif... awww, never mind!!! rolleyes.gif

224264_468261913184323_1164414230_n.jpg

553434_458851750792006_1287005110_n.jpg

Remember to watch where you step when your

out in the woods...unsure.gif... be careful ya'll!!! wink.gif

480821_465778226766025_76558291_n.jpg

A big part of hunting... is passing on the tradition, and seeing the look of excitement on their faces, esp. with their first success!!! wink.gif

224407_487342177942963_2084810180_n.jpg

Classic... what can I say??? blink.gifCan anybody

really be that... unsure.gif... awww, never mind!!! rolleyes.gif

224264_468261913184323_1164414230_n.jpg

553434_458851750792006_1287005110_n.jpg

Remember to watch where you step when your

out in the woods...unsure.gif... be careful ya'll!!! wink.gif

480821_465778226766025_76558291_n.jpg

Nice copperhead. Yes they will spoil your day.

• Upvote 1

Did it with a stick bow. SWEEEET !!!!!

voight-moose.jpg

I can't imagine the level of satisfaction from that kind of successful hunt using the "old fashioned methods"... truly inspirational if you ask me. Someday... maybe, I'll get the chance to learn how to craft one of those beauties and do some shooting myself! Thanks for sharing that dog!!!wink.gif

Did it with a stick bow. SWEEEET !!!!!

voight-moose.jpg

Damn Dog. I can't believe that you nailed that beautiful creature with a stick bow. You must have had a strong arm, keen vision, state of the art equipment and the perfect opportunity to nail that catch. I hope that you processed the the meat and shared it with others.

I love archery. It's kind of a cool sport. I learned to shoot at summer camp when I was a kid. Native Americans used to hunt that way. I respect hunting with a bow far more than using a firearm to hunt. Thanks for your post.

• Upvote 1

Definitly the alligator tail . I`m all in.

I'm from Florida. I lived with my Dad and my Stepmom in the Everglades for a year when I was in my teens. We fished the Keys and ate our fair share of alligator tail. Fortunately, the Game Warden overlooked the legal issues of what he was having for dinner.

I'm cool with hunting and fishing.

• Upvote 1

I'm from Florida. I lived with my Dad and my Stepmom in the Everglades for a year when I was in my teens. We fished the Keys and ate our fair share of alligator tail. Fortunately, the Game Warden overlooked the legal issues of what he was having for dinner.

I'm cool with hunting and fishing.

Wife #1 was born in Key west thats where we met. Both her brothers was in to the feed yourself thing. Gator Tail , snorkle dive with spear gun for grouper Lobster traps. Yeah we kept the warden very busy. hahaha But we only took what we could eat But man did we eat good smile.gif

• Upvote 1

Never thought of this kinda hunting... I bet there aren't many guys that mess around

with her... she looks like she can really handle herself!!!

403974_10151187385175797_1202091552_n.jpg

I'd mess with her just to say I did. :lol: :lol:

It appears fastarnie is after more than alligator tail rolleyes.gif... but me, I haven't gotten a chance to try it yet, someday perhaps. Many things get to be local delicacies .. and if you don't live there or travel there often you miss out! sad.gif

• Upvote 1

It appears fastarnie is after more than alligator tail rolleyes.gif... but me, I haven't gotten a chance to try it yet, someday perhaps. Many things get to be local delicacies .. and if you don't live there or travel there often you miss out! sad.gif

Try alligator tail sometime Rod. It's pretty awesome. Maybe you will have the opportunity to travel outside of your realm soon. Peace dude! :peace:

• Upvote 2