Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

PUK: Talabani in Iraq next week

Carrello

PUK: Talabani in Iraq next week

Monday, 10 September 2012

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE AR-SA Shafaq News / The Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK) revealed on Monday that President, Jalal Talabani will return to the country in a week.

Saadi Bera told "Shafaq News", that “The German doctors supervising Jalal Talabani have identified another week as a date for the return of Talabani to the country."

Talabani is subjected to treatment under the supervision of German doctors after a successful surgery in his knees.

Bera added that “high demands of Kurdistan and Baghdad are coming up to the President on a daily basis demanding his return soon to Iraq to resolve the current crisis."

The country has witnessed a severe crisis among the powerful political blocs on signed agreements and not applying it as the KDP and al-Iraqiya list accuse State of law coalition of that.

My link

• Upvote 2

Does anyone know if they are referring to "next week" as actually being "this week". We find that in their articles if they say "next Tuesday" it means "this Tuesday". It would be nice if they would give dates. Just wondering what anyone else thought. Just about the time we think we have them and their wording figured out, they change it.

• Upvote 2

Thanks Carrello :)

If this proves true, they're going to have to put the pedal to the metal for once to get an RV before the Iraq Finance thing. "They HAVE to RV before the Arab Summit!" Well, clearly they didn't.

Man, I hope they don't plan on showing up in London with toilet paper in their wallets.

said like a true guru lol :lol: who knows , pieces seem to be coming together.... :twothumbs:

• Upvote 2

Thank you Carrello!

What I don't really understand, is why the heck does he have to be physically in the country?? They do have these handy dandy little electronic devices called, the telephone or cell phone!

I don't think sitting, and looking Maliki in the eye, really means much to Maliki. He is a very good liar, and has absolutely no problem lying to your face, so it shouldn't matter much that he is on the phone.

JMHO, but using the excuse that Talabani is not in the country to help make a decision, is kind another example of procrastination.

Well, whatever it takes I guess, but what a waste of time, these people are!

Go RV!!!

:blink::blink::blink:

• Upvote 1

I am not buying it... this is why.. knee surgury has kept him in Germany this long??? I am sure there are plenty of Orthopedic surgeons in our military that could have treated him right there in the green zone..

I have had enough elderly family who have had complete joint replacement surgury to know it doesnt take this long to heal even if it is both knees being done.. T either has some other serious health issues going on or these reports of T not being "in country" are pure bunk.. SWFG posted not to long ago that an article said T was in Iraq.. I saw posted on here back in August T was in Iraq and going to have meetings on 8/25... Just as many articles claiming T was in Iraq there have been twice as many claiming he is in Germany...

Either the guy is there in Iraq and getting things done and the press is reporting he isnt to keep speculators out of the market. Or this guy is really sick with something else like cancer and the knee issues are just a cover...

knee surgury sorry I just am not buying it..... THat is just my opinion....

Does anyone know if they are referring to "next week" as actually being "this week". We find that in their articles if they say "next Tuesday" it means "this Tuesday". It would be nice if they would give dates. Just wondering what anyone else thought. Just about the time we think we have them and their wording figured out, they change it.

I have noticed that too... I dont know if that is just simply bad translation on google translator or if we are being feed stroies that are actually a week or so old? confusing to say the least... I think I am done with forgien investments after this RV happens....

• Upvote 2

I am not buying it... this is why.. knee surgury has kept him in Germany this long??? I am sure there are plenty of Orthopedic surgeons in our military that could have treated him right there in the green zone..

I have had enough elderly family who have had complete joint replacement surgury to know it doesnt take this long to heal even if it is both knees being done.. T either has some other serious health issues going on or these reports of T not being "in country" are pure bunk.. SWFG posted not to long ago that an article said T was in Iraq.. I saw posted on here back in August T was in Iraq and going to have meetings on 8/25... Just as many articles claiming T was in Iraq there have been twice as many claiming he is in Germany...

Either the guy is there in Iraq and getting things done and the press is reporting he isnt to keep speculators out of the market. Or this guy is really sick with something else like cancer and the knee issues are just a cover...

knee surgury sorry I just am not buying it..... THat is just my opinion....

I have noticed that too... I dont know if that is just simply bad translation on google translator or if we are being feed stroies that are actually a week or so old? confusing to say the least... I think I am done with forgien investments after this RV happens....

You know what I have noticed.....it doesn't matter what they say because it can change on a dime. It is the nature of this deal. He could be in Turkey with Hashemi under their security. He could be in Baltimore under our security. Maliki threatened Talabani's family a while back.....I'm not buying the "knee surgery" either.

I believe this is part of a much bigger picture that has been developing for months, if not much longer. This is what TrinityExchange and I posted yesterday. See if it makes sense to you:

Carrello

Posted Yesterday, 10:10 PM

I think much of this anti-Maliki plot came into being when Barzani came to the US and spent two weeks in Washington DC, and has continued to get encouraging DC support. The article below is very revealing,and the two week time frame alone has to make you wonder. Barzani also met with Exxon Mobil on the visit. VP Biden has been a continued supporter of Kurdistan and has been reported in the news many times.

I think we may have been watching the plot roll out in front of our eyes and did not see it.

President Barzani's Visit And Washington's Hedging Strategy

by Ted Galen Carpenter

April 25, 2012.

www.cato.org

There were several subtle but significant aspects of the visit to the United States by Masoud Barzani, the head of the Kurdistan Regional Government, in early April. One notable feature was the high-profile nature of his meetings in Washington. Not only did President Barzani have major sessions with both U.S. Vice President Joseph Biden and Deputy Secretary of State William Burns, but Secretary of State Hillarious Clinton and even President Obama took time for brief meetings with him.

It is relatively uncommon for a political figure, even a prominent one, who is not the leader of an independent country to be granted extensive time with the deputy secretary of state. It is even more unusual to have access to the vice president. And it is truly extraordinary to have a session with either the secretary of state or the president, much less both officials.

That Obama administration leaders would treat President Barzani as they would an important head of state suggests that Washington is very uneasy about developments in Iraq and the surrounding region. The official U.S. policy still emphasizes support for a united Iraq with a strong central government in Baghdad, and administration officials urged Barzani to “re-engage” with Baghdad. But the administration’s other actions during his visit point to the emergence of a “hedging” strategy.

It is hardly a secret within the U.S. foreign policy community that Washington is increasingly disenchanted with Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki. Not only are there worries about the Maliki government’s growing authoritarian tendencies, but U.S. officials are extremely disturbed by that government’s cozy relations with Tehran. Baghdad’s vocal opposition to stronger sanctions against Iran, and the blunt statement from Iraq’s foreign minister opposing any outside support for Syrian opposition forces seeking to overthrow the regime of Iran’s ally, Bashar al-Assad, came as a bitter disappointment to the Obama administration.

Given those developments, the red-carpet treatment afforded to President Barzani served two purposes. First, it conveyed to Baghdad that the United States has options other than continued loyalty to the Maliki government. Second, it conveyed to the KRG that the Obama administration is not only willing but eager to expand relations with Arbil—even if some of those cooperative measures might come at Baghdad’s expense.

There appear to be several reasons for Washington’s growing fondness for the KRG. One is a long-standing factor. Throughout the U.S. military presence in Iraq following the 2003 invasion, the Kurdish population was the one faction that was consistently and enthusiastically pro-American.

Other factors are somewhat more recent. U.S. governmental and business leaders increasingly recognize that Iraqi Kurdistan offers some very appealing opportunities for American firms. It was significant that the launching of the new U.S.-Kurdistan Business Council was timed to coincide with President Barzani’s visit. Indeed, he delivered the keynote address at the first USKBC event. The Obama administration, still battling the worst economic recession in the United States in more than 30 years, is eager to pursue new economic opportunities overseas. And Iraqi Kurdistan is one of the more impressive arenas for trade and investment in the entire Middle East.

But it is not just economics that underlie Washington’s renewed interest in the Kurdish region. Security interests and concerns are also heavily involved. It was probably no coincidence that just two weeks after President Barzani’s visit, General James Jones, President Obama’s former national security adviser, became the initial head of the USKBC.

Washington might prefer to have a united Iraq and deal primarily with Baghdad, but the Maliki government’s uncooperative behavior is causing U.S. policy makers to rethink matters. Administration leaders appear to be developing a “Plan B,” in which political and security relations with Arbil could become far more important and prominent than in the past. President Barzani’s visit may have been the first major step in that process.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TrinityeXchange

Posted Yesterday, 10:21 PM

thanks for the reminder Carrello. i do believe "Plan A" was solidified with the evidence gathered against maliki. don't forget as well the golden nugget al-obeidi former defense minister and military adviser to maliki disappearing and (its my opinion) providing critical intel to the united states. they have enough evidence on maliki to lead him away in cuffs at this point for violations of sanctions and acting detrimental to the iraqi people.

Read more: