Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

25 Reasons Why We are Better Off Today than Four Years Ago

Carrello

I believe it is imminently clear that there have been catastrophically poor decisions by both democrats and republicans and that President Obama walked into a mess. I don't necessarily believe the mess was Bush's fault but that he did contribute to it.

What I don't appreciate is that Obama blaming his lack of effectiveness on the previous administration. I do not believe his vision for America is aligned with the historical vision of America and due to many of the inconsistencies in what he says and what he does, it leaves to question his true nature and intentions.

My hope was that Obama would do well as president. Unfortunately his inexperience has worked against him and his true value system is coming to light.

It is a significantly different value system than mine and I believe most Americans and if He were to be completely upfront and honest about his goals and aspirations for where he would like to take this country I believe he would lose the election by a landslide.

I am proud that in America we could elect an African American as President as it shows how far we have come. But whether black, white, brown, or an eerie color of green, you still have to get the job done in a satisfactory manner to the approval of the voters. I do not believe he has even come close.

I was once a registered democrat, but now their policies and platform have gone so far away from my own that I can not support a democratic ticket in any form.

They have removed any reference to God now in their platform, the openly support homosexual marriage, they are pro-abortion to the point that they want even those whose conscience cannot support the agenda to be required to help pay for it (Obamacare), and the list goes on.

It seems freedom of religion is quickly becoming freedom from religion under the current administration.

And while my beliefs and values are nonnegotiable I don't believe in enforcing them in violation of others' rights no more than I believe it is appropriate for theirs to be forced on me.

However, my faith prohibits me from supporting such an anti-God platform that continues now daily it seems to move further and further from my values as a God fearing American.

Yes I know that some will disagree with me and my value system. However there is no hate or bashing of my fellow Americans who disagree with me here intended.

GP weighing in

• Upvote 6

I believe it is imminently clear that there have been catastrophically poor decisions by both democrats and republicans and that President Obama walked into a mess. I don't necessarily believe the mess was Bush's fault but that he did contribute to it.

What I don't appreciate is that Obama blaming his lack of effectiveness on the previous administration. I do not believe his vision for America is aligned with the historical vision of America and due to many of the inconsistencies in what he says and what he does, it leaves to question his true nature and intentions.

My hope was that Obama would do well as president. Unfortunately his inexperience has worked against him and his true value system is coming to light.

It is a significantly different value system than mine and I believe most Americans and if He were to be completely upfront and honest about his goals and aspirations for where he would like to take this country I believe he would lose the election by a landslide.

I am proud that in America we could elect an African American as President as it shows how far we have come. But whether black, white, brown, or an eerie color of green, you still have to get the job done in a satisfactory manner to the approval of the voters. I do not believe he has even come close.

I was once a registered democrat, but now their policies and platform have gone so far away from my own that I can not support a democratic ticket in any form.

They have removed any reference to God now in their platform, the openly support homosexual marriage, they are pro-abortion to the point that they want even those whose conscience cannot support the agenda to be required to help pay for it (Obamacare), and the list goes on.

It seems freedom of religion is quickly becoming freedom from religion under the current administration.

And while my beliefs and values are nonnegotiable I don't believe in enforcing them in violation of others' rights no more than I believe it is appropriate for theirs to be forced on me.

However, my faith prohibits me from supporting such an anti-God platform that continues now daily it seems to move further and further from my values as a God fearing American.

Yes I know that some will disagree with me and my value system. However there is no hate or bashing of my fellow Americans who disagree with me here intended.

GP weighing in

I don't agree that your values are so much different than the President's. I have a high respect for your values as you have demonstrated, on DV, a genuine perspective further than others.

His actions have been for the citizens and there's absolutely no way possible to please everyone. Moral decisions are always personal preferences.

Remember he ran on institutionalizing healthcare. If you initially disagreed with national healthcare; then you may never have been onboard with his ideology!

How can you not accept the pre-existing years/administration policies that led into a recession? Can you not believe that the recession hampers or change governing of an administration? Delays at the least! If you list everything that was broken; that had to be dealt with simultaneously, you may wonder how anyone could have stood their ground. There certainly would have been scrutiny.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't agree that your values are so much different than the President's. I have a high respect for your values as you have demonstrated, on DV, a genuine perspective further than others.

His actions have been for the citizens and there's absolutely no way possible to please everyone. Moral decisions are always personal preferences.

Remember he ran on institutionalizing healthcare. If you initially disagreed with national healthcare; then you may never have been onboard with his ideology!

How can you not accept the pre-existing years/administration policies that led into a recession? Can you not believe that the recession hampers or change governing of an administration? Delays at the least! If you list everything that was broken; that had to be dealt with simultaneously, you may wonder how anyone could have stood their ground. There certainly would have been scrutiny.

Obama lied about obamacare. we now find out its three times what he said. instead of 900billion...its around 2.5 trillion.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Obama lied about obamacare. we now find out its three times what he said. instead of 900billion...its around 2.5 trillion.

Dig a little deeper and read the CBO report or follow the link below for a summary. Read the perspective from different contributors instead of the spin doctors. Sometimes spins are lies.

The Spin

Conservatives quickly jumped on the new CBO report, falsely claiming it said the cost estimates were now double what the CBO originally estimated.

House Republican Policy Committee Chairman Tom Price of Georgia put out a press release saying that “[t]he new CBO projection estimates that the law will cost $1.76 trillion over 10 years – well above the $940 billion Democrats originally claimed.”

A Fox News article repeated the Republican criticisms and said that the CBO had found the law would cost “twice as much as the original $900 billion price tag.”

Another Fox version carried the headline, “ ‘Obamacare’ to Cost Twice as Much as Previously Estimated, According to New CBO Report.”

And the conservative news outlet Newsmax ran a headline saying, “Obamacare’s Gross Costs Double to $1.76 Trillion, CBO Projects.” An Internet search turns up many conservative blog reports making a similar costs-have-doubled claim.

But the law’s costs haven’t doubled, and CBO didn’t say they did. That claim results from an inappropriate apples-to-grapefruit comparison. The original gross cost estimate – at $938 billion over 10 years – was for 2010-2019. CBO’s latest $1.76 trillion estimate is for 11 years, ending in 2022.

http://www.factcheck.org/2012/03/health-care-costs-didnt-double/

Edited by simple
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Hi Simple, thanks for your post.

I definitely did not see nationalizing health care as being a positive and productive outcome. Truth is that the federal gov't has a terrible record at managing anything. So it is no surprise that now what was originally intended to be saving money for the American people ends up exceeding the projected numbers exponentially and causing tremendous burdens on the working class and federal budget. Nobody really knows what it is going to cost in the long run but you can bet it will become a fatted calf on a poor farm like all gov't programs do.

US Post office running massive deficits is a great example. It has been in trouble ever since I was young and can remember. My mother was a rural carrier for the US post office and the mismanagement in the system was mind boggling.

That is just one example. Projections of costs and savings never pan out the way it is presented by the figures given.

I for one am all for smaller gov't and more freedoms not the reverse which is exactly the direction we see our gov't going now. With the passing of the Patriot Act and the NDAA we have lost immense freedoms as citizens and time will show the people of the mistakes of such laws enacted by congress and signed into law by the past two presidents. These are laws that can easily be abused by the establishment and used to control its citizens through intimidation and force.

My issues with the current administration are fundamentally a difference of ideals and philosophies of how to run the country and deal with its problems. I do not blame the current state of affairs solely upon the current administration. However under his administration I see gov't regulation, and power running out of control.

Fact is that Bush was handed a sour deck as well while he was in office with 911, and other events beyond his control that placed incredible stress on our economy. So I am not making excuses for either administration or denying they were dealt both a tough hand.

The problem is not that President Obama has stood his ground but that he has failed miserably to follow through with his campaign promises. His rhetoric has not translated well into action. Hope and change that he ran on was not the change most Americans were believing he would implement.

Of course we can go back and forth with facts and figures but my personal opinion is that Obama does not have any idea how a free economy works. His answer is gov't intervention and control.

Yes I know that there is a certain role that Gov't must play but the real question always is how big is that role to be?

President O seems to be modeling his administration after the failed policies that have lead to the crisis we now see in Europe.

Of course this is all my opinion but if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then chances are......

GP

• Upvote 2

Hi Simple, thanks for your post.

I definitely did not see nationalizing health care as being a positive and productive outcome. Truth is that the federal gov't has a terrible record at managing anything. So it is no surprise that now what was originally intended to be saving money for the American people ends up exceeding the projected numbers exponentially and causing tremendous burdens on the working class and federal budget.

US Post office running massive deficits is a great example. It has been in trouble ever since I was young and can remember. My mother was a rural carrier for the US post office and the mismanagement in the system was mind boggling.

That is just one example. Projections of costs and savings never pan out the way it is presented by the figures given.

I for one am all for smaller gov't and more freedoms not the reverse which is exactly the direction we see our gov't going now. With the passing of the Patriot Act and the NDAA we have lost immense freedoms as citizens and time will show the people of the mistakes of such laws enacted by congress and signed into law by the past two presidents. These are laws that can easily be abused by the establishment and used to control its citizens through intimidation and force.

My issues with the current administration are fundamentally a difference of ideals and philosophies of how to run the country and deal with its problems. I do not blame the current state of affairs solely upon the current administration. However under his administration I see gov't regulation, and power running out of control.

Fact is that Bush was handed a sour deck as well while he was in office with 911, and other events beyond his control that placed incredible stress on our economy. So I am not making excuses for either administration or denying they were dealt both a tough hand.

The problem is not that President Obama has stood his ground but that he has failed miserably to follow through with his campaign promises. His rhetoric has not translated well into action. Hope and change that he ran on was not the change most Americans were believing he would implement.

Of course we can go back and forth with facts and figures but my personal opinion is that Obama does not have any idea how a free economy works. His answer is gov't intervention and control.

Yes I know that there is a certain role that Gov't must play but the real question always is how big is that role to be?

President O seems to be modeling his administration after the failed policies that have lead to the crisis we now see in Europe.

Of course this is all my opinion but if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then chances are......

GP

Thanks - agree with about all except first and last paragraphs. I agree, government doesn't seem to run anything perfectly well.

Healthcare, according to the CBO is near the same cost. Reports have been blown out or proportion... we know how that can be. See my earlier post.

I think any national health plan may be considered foreign because it's "foreign" to the U.S. It's new to most of us, all except for Massachusetts. :)

Thanks for the reply!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thanks - agree with about all except first and last paragraphs. I agree, government doesn't seem to run anything perfectly well.

Healthcare, according to the CBO is near the same cost. Reports have been blown out or proportion... we know how that can be. See my earlier post.

I think any national health plan may be considered foreign because it's "foreign" to the U.S. It's new to most of us, all except for Massachusetts. :)

Thanks for the reply!

maybe thats why we pay in for 4 years before it goes into effect because it's so affordable :lol::lol::lol:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

http://bottomline.nb...ood-stamps?lite

Report: 15% of Americans on food stamps

There were fewer than 31 million people on food stamps as recently as November 2008, but an aggressive effort by President Obama's administration has helped build participation, with the total increasing by 44 percent since the president took office in January 2009.Liberal commentator Alan Colmes, in a Wall Street Journal op-ed piece Tuesday, cites the expansion as a key achievement of the Obama administration, as participants "only stay on it an average of nine months" and circulate $1.73 back into the economy for each food stamp dollar spent.

But if Cardillo is correct and the proliferation of food stamp recipients represents underemployment and wage stagnation, that could signal difficult times ahead for reducing entitlement spending. Cardillo said just 90,000 new jobs were formed in August, and the unemployment rate level was at 8.3 percent.

The President has done such a good job that the people collecting food stamps have gone up 44% since he took office.

And yes the unemployment rate has gone down recently but that doesn't include people that have used up there benefits, have given up or are underemployed.

Edited by rico1
  • Upvote 2

http://bottomline.nb...ood-stamps?lite

Report: 15% of Americans on food stamps

There were fewer than 31 million people on food stamps as recently as November 2008, but an aggressive effort by President Obama's administration has helped build participation, with the total increasing by 44 percent since the president took office in January 2009.Liberal commentator Alan Colmes, in a Wall Street Journal op-ed piece Tuesday, cites the expansion as a key achievement of the Obama administration, as participants "only stay on it an average of nine months" and circulate $1.73 back into the economy for each food stamp dollar spent.

[/b]

Please define recession. Can you seriously tell us what's expected during a 1 year 6 month recession; the list of large business failures were the worst in American history? Who could have done any better?

• Upvote 1

NOBAMACARE IS OUR DEATH WARRANT. Death panels of non-doctors will decide your fate when they decide to meet.

ObamaCare Tax

Now that the Supreme Court had ruled the ObamaCare individual mandate portion law is actually a tax you may want to know how this affects us, the average American. Here are the facts:

This now gives credit to the President, his Administration and every Congressman and Senator who voted for this legislation that was signed into law for the largest tax increase on the American public in our history.

The individual mandate forces every American to buy health care insurance unless you fall under the 133 % of the Federal poverty level. What is that number?

That means if you make more than $30,657.00 for a family of four you will be forced to buy “government approved” health care insurance for your family or you will be taxed on your gross annual income for non-compliance with the law.

While the middle class tries to figure out how to pay for all the taxes it currently pays in one year on top of the new taxes devised by the ObamaCare tax, many Americans will not face this problem because they received waivers as payment for their support for the law.

1,372 waivers have been given by the Administration so who are these people, the chosen few by the government?

20% of the waivers went to businesses in Nancy Pelosi’s district such as: Restaurants and 4 Star hotels

Big Labor Unions including: SEIU, AFL-CIO, CWA

Big corporations such as McDonald's, Jack in the Box, REI

Undocumented aliens, (who will receive treatment regardless, as they do now)

(http://www.orangejuiceblog.com/2011/05/obamacare-waivers-did-you-make-the-updated-list/)

And here are some of the new taxes the middle class will face thanks to the overhaul of 1/6th of the US economy in our health care system: http://www.atr.org/full-list-obamacare-tax-hikes-listed-a7010

Enjoy the liberty we know today because it may be gone tomorrow unless we fight the tyranny!

• Upvote 3

Make sure we add that when POTUS took over, we were 2 trillion in debt, inherited from "W". Now we just hit 16 trillion in debt. I believe that was said to work out to $250,000 for every American regardless of age or circumstances. How's that feel?

• Upvote 1

My link

Mon Sep 03, 2012

25 Reasons Why We are Better Off Today than Four Years Ago

by joelgp

Are we better-off than we were four years ago?

What?

Child please you done lost your last freakin’ mind even asking that question!!!

In the Fall of 2008, Bush was running around—“ahhh, ahhhh, America’s going bankrupt.“ Ben Bernake was sweating like he just ran a marathon, McCain yelling “incoming, incoming, git off my lawn” – OBL making videos while Americans were dodging bullets in Iraq.

America was the laughing stock of the world with shoes being thrown at the president. Stock market crashing, banks failing while Paul Ryan was borrowing the money from China that he’s railing about now.

And then, in steps the hated Kenya, Communist, Socialist, Muslim and look at what he’s done in four years…people:

1. Saved the banks

2. Brought the stock market from 6,500K to 13,000K

3. Saved GM

4. Repealed DADT

5. Ordered a Mini Dream Act

6. Created 4.3 million jobs

7. 27- straight months of private-sector job growth

8. Passed Healthcare

9. Ended the war in Iraq

10. Drawing down from Afghanistan

11. Doubled the Number of Border Security Agents

12. Appointed First Hispanic Justice

13. Restored America’s Standing in the world

14. Dealt effectively with the BP Oil Spill

15. Dealt effectively with the Pirate Crisis

16. Dealt effectively with H1N1

17. Kept America Safe

18. Passed Financial Reform

19. Passed a Credit-Card Bill of Rights

20. Passed Equal Pay for Women

21. Nearly Wiped out Al Qaeda

22. Killed OBL

23. Added Eight-yeas of solvency to Medicare

24. Quit smoking

25. And got a dog

All of this was done with a republican opposition to every single thing he tried to do.

So yes, not only are we better off now, we’ll be even better four years from now with Obama’s leadership!!!

They don't think we're better off than four years ago?

Child please...

Another clueless liberal that needs a government handout. Pathetic

Make sure we add that when POTUS took over, we were 2 trillion in debt, inherited from "W". Now we just hit 16 trillion in debt. I believe that was said to work out to $250,000 for every American regardless of age or circumstances. How's that feel?

Can you repeat that or clarify? Are you saying Obama ran up 14T in debt?

• Upvote 1

Actually that is not correct...... However he did manage to add $6 Trillion in less than 4 years...

U.S. Debt Hits $16 Trillion

September 4, 2012 at 4:22 pm

Today, the U.S. debt clock hit $16 trillion. Compare that to the end of 2008, just days before President Obama officially took office, when the total federal debt was short of $10 trillion. That’s a 60 percent increase in the federal debt in less than 4 years! Now more than ever, Congress should get to work to rein in out-of-control spending and debt. The economic health of the American nation is at stake.

national-debt-burden-606.jpg

Heritage.org

:rocking-chair:

• Upvote 2

Just stating the facts. QE 1 & 2, ( bought GM @ $53, now what is it? $33?) more food stamps, Solyndra, finanacial support where we shouldn't be giving it (IMHO), lots of stuff and it didn't come from FOX news.

Actually that is not correct...... However he did manage to add $6 Trillion in less than 4 years...

U.S. Debt Hits $16 Trillion

September 4, 2012 at 4:22 pm

Today, the U.S. debt clock hit $16 trillion. Compare that to the end of 2008, just days before President Obama officially took office, when the total federal debt was short of $10 trillion. That’s a 60 percent increase in the federal debt in less than 4 years! Now more than ever, Congress should get to work to rein in out-of-control spending and debt. The economic health of the American nation is at stake.

national-debt-burden-606.jpg

Heritage.org

scute_100-115.gif

OK, but it took "W" 8 years to rack up 2 trillion, "O" did 6 trillion in less than 4.

By the way; I voted for Obama and all the democrats for 50 years. Changed my party affiliation last year to independant.

• Upvote 2