Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Let's say R. V. @ .40

eddiemac

I would help family and friends who need a little help .. Also give to Wounded Warrior and The Harry Chapin food bank .. I will pay off my mortgage , and start to invest in the Iraqi stocks .. Thank you george bush , I think ?

First off if it was .40 cents I would cash just what I need to so I could be debt free. Now as for will it come out at .40 cents i.m.o. no it won't. I have seen Shabibi make a reference to 1-1 or some where close to that. So my plan is anything under 1-1 I cash to pay off all bills & wait for 1-1 or over. As some one else said it is all about where you are sitting with debt & how much you have to cash out.

A question was asked what do you call rich? I would say anything over 2million after taxes puts you in that rich group. For me with 2 million working for me I could live off the interest it make.

Now for my plans is to get as much as I can out of what I got set up a trust account for my sister to live on (that will be the best money I ever spend) & making myself the beneficiary when she dies so I get it back.

Also buying a new truck & get my sister a news S.U.V. & call it her B-day & Christmas present. I will see what other Family members have as in money troubles & give them enough to get caught back up on bills.

I won't be telling anyone how much I made on this & I also was thinking of re-investing some back into another currency only if it has not changed in value by the time I cash out from this one.

Buy a Vietnamese lawyer who speaks English who can help me purchase a house there and not get it stolen by the government! Asia is a great place to spend money. You can live like a king for $200-$300 a day. I'm talking +5 star hotels, spas, cinema, taxi everywhere!

I'd like to live in Asia so my money goes further, marinate in wealth a little longer and mature, understand business more, setup a business, move to Arizona, build a fence for them - someone has to - and then...build a space rocket to send my coffin to the moon.

• Upvote 1

Pay off all debts, move to NC, buy a house, live like I am now, only closer to my kids

I'm not usually a gambling man , but I venture to say that if you put an ad in N.C. you could find someone who has a house near equal trade and save yourself the funds.If you are looking at coming to the Western Part of N.C. heed my advice and look down around the foothills.In my county I pay 10x more in taxes than most the rest of the state and property taxes here versus others are obvious signs of corruption run rampant .It is many desires of people here to be able to afford one day to move .Having been raised out west and moving here as a teen I can tell you this place is worlds apart from life out west.Just my :twocents: It is no joke that the locals here call this place Gotham City , and rightfully so. :peace:

• Upvote 1

hI eddiemac, If you have a decent percentage rate on your mortgage you would likely be better off investing the money and could get a higher rate of return on it than what you will save on paying off your mortgage. A good example would be if I have a 5% interest rate on my mortgage but could gain better than a 5% return on investment then the better option is to invest it in sound investments (but not likely to be the typical stock market stocks though in the current economic environment)

Gold, silver, and precious metals and solid mining stocks would likely be a more secure investment. Also water resources will probably prove to be an extremely valuable investment for the future with the droughts and diminishing water supplies around the globe.

This strategy will provide you with finances for the future and not just provide you with a free and clear home.

Keep the money you make on the IQD working for you by reinvesting it.

GP

Thank you very much, your reply was what I was looking for, it makes a lot of sense, if one can offset the interest too the bank with a investment that produces a gain it would be best to go that route. Like you said stocks, nope , metals maybe the ticket. But let's say my morgage is $1500 a month x 12 months that's 18,000 minus property tax and write off. So do you think there is solid investment's that could make me approx $12-14 grand a year with a 160,000 $ investment?

Eddie,

Here's something in addition to what Pubah mentioned.

If your credit is still good, you may want to just continue making your regular payments & investing the money. If you are like many that got their credit ruined in the last 5 years, you may be able to force the bank to modify your mortgage. Think about it, if they can't hurt your credit & if they foreclose, you have the money to just go buy another house like Sportfisher said, what can they do to you? Nothing! I was able to get them to drop 20% off of the principle right off of the top, give me a 40 year amortization on only 1/2 of the remaining balance at 2%. They even put the 2 years I hadn't paid them to the back of the note, so in essence I got a 42 year mortgage at 2%. I now couldn't get a place to rent for anywhere near the amount of the new payment. All of this was done without a lawyer so it's just a thought.

Give serious consideration to doing VIP if you are not because Adam has said that he believes there will potentially be opportunities post RV that can net us 20% annually. Even if it RV's at $.10 like Adam has suggested, if you have enough to invest a million $'s after you've paid off a few things & had some fun, could you live off of $200k / year?

I'm sure there are more sophisticated financial plans but that's another for consideration.

• Upvote 1

Pay off my student loan and set up trust funds for both my children!

Buy a Vietnamese lawyer who speaks English who can help me purchase a house there and not get it stolen by the government! Asia is a great place to spend money. You can live like a king for $200-$300 a day. I'm talking +5 star hotels, spas, cinema, taxi everywhere!

I'd like to live in Asia so my money goes further, marinate in wealth a little longer and mature, understand business more, setup a business, move to Arizona, build a fence for them - someone has to - and then...build a space rocket to send my coffin to the moon.

Im in Arizona now, and im trying to leave after the RV! What would bring you to AZ?

Pay off my student loan and set up trust funds for both my children!

Im in Arizona now, and im trying to leave after the RV! What would bring you to AZ?

I visited Tucson many years ago... Not bad.....I was taken to see my first and only rodeo so far..... Also went see old Tucson...

And.....checked the Grand Canyon... Spectacular to say the least....That was back in '77....

Thank you very much, your reply was what I was looking for, it makes a lot of sense, if one can offset the interest too the bank with a investment that produces a gain it would be best to go that route. Like you said stocks, nope , metals maybe the ticket. But let's say my morgage is $1500 a month x 12 months that's 18,000 minus property tax and write off. So do you think there is solid investment's that could make me approx $12-14 grand a year with a 160,000 $ investment?

Hi eddiemac, I think the current economic debacle presents some rare investing opportunities. Many millionaires were made in the great depression.

I do not doubt that with the right placed investment strategy you could net those kind of returns and potentially much more.

There are some really good investment newsletters out there that have great advice on this subject. Forget the well known investment magazines as they are not well known for seeing ahead of the curve.

Stansbury Research, Weiss Reports and Casey Research are all very good in my opinion and have done well predicting many moves in our economy not foreseen by the major financial firms. https://www.caseyres...f=CSR458ED0812A

http://www.thedailyc...le/41142/Silver . More links are at the bottom of this page that are very good as well.

http://www.shtfplan....n-gold_08162012

http://www.growthsto...Silver-Breakout

Where to put the money will depend on where things are at when the RV happens and you actually have some money to work with. I am reading and learning all I can with the intent to re-invest the overwhelming majority of the returns I get on the IQD.

here is a free subscription to the Daily Crux I read daily that is a great resource as well: http://www.thedailycrux.com/

I subscribe to the above publications as well as The Sovereign Investor.

No time like the present to become informed and educated so we are ready to place our money where it will best be increased when the IQD revalues.

I currently hold some resources in silver. If you do purchase some silver or gold I recommend taking possession of it rather than leaving it in the seller's vault. The word is that there is not nearly enough on hand gold and silver to cover all the purchases if there is a run on them and they have to cover all the positions they claim to have in their vaults.

GP

ha ha ha! I really like the coffin idea sevy!

• Upvote 1

Not tryin to slam anyone, but if you need to ask here you are in trouble. Pay all your bills first ! Mortgage, cars, loans, ect. Debt free is a feeling like no other. You can go a long time without food in a paid off home. But the food just dont seem to make a difference when you are looking for a place to put your tent. JMO.

You are getting warm. LOL. Doesnt take as much as you think though. And yes I too have a home in AZ. :lol:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My question is what do people consider rich? One Million? Five Million? Or more?

A popular rule of thumb is someone with 1 million $ to invest not including their primary home is a millionaire. And anyone in that household is also considered a millionaire not just the "breadwinner". I have seen a couple of articles refer to the "middle class rich" as having a net worth of 1-10 million. Rich 10-30 and the Ultra High Net Worth group starting at 30 million and another author stated the the UHNW group starts at 100 million. But to answer you question, from what I have ran across most say that at 7.5 they feel wealthy.

As for me, I will live in a paid off house that is held within a family trust for asset protection. I will live off a portion of interest and monies generated by investments. Travel more, play more.

[

• Upvote 2

Pay all your bills first ! Mortgage, cars, loans, ect. Debt free is a feeling like no other. You can go a long time without food in a paid off home. But the food just dont seem to make a difference when you are looking for a place to put your tent. JMO.

Couldn't have said it any better.Once all bills are paid off , hopefully most will still have a nice chunk of change to start adopting the own as you go method of paying for their wants and needs and living a more stress free life! I can't imagine a better way of life for that matter.

• Upvote 1

lets say rv to 4 dollars , and ill buy up all the peanut butter and jelly in my country and go into buisness selling sandwichs .. if no one can get any peanut butter and jelly but me ... i`ll have a monopoly... ill pay off the store managers to call me everytime another shippment comes in. ill have a pile as high as the sears tower, maybe ill just take it out of the jars and see how big a pile i can make , ill be in the world record book , and ill run and dive head first right into it and see how far i can penetrate it, hopfully i can get my whole body in side the pile .. if not i could biuld a high dive and dive right into it. i might even make the 6 oclock news

Been a while since I've been on the forum. Great question! I agree that "debt free" is a great place to start. Credit cards, mortgage, etc. Better to own the house outright than keep paying on it. Buy a new car. I'd also pay off my son's law school loans. He's worked his a** off to become a tough but fair asst. DA in west Texas, and he deserves some help.

Next I'd take part of the proceeds to pay for a 10 year annuity with USAA. Only ten years, but that would allow me to diversify the rest into gold, silver, etc. Certainly not "rich," but comfortable. That's fine with me.