Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Support Chick-fil-A Today Aug.1st

pattyangel

I just go this text on my phone, thought I share it.

"Be sure to enjoy a chick-fil-A chicken sandwich, waffle fries, or their awesome strawberry shake today.

They've been bold enough to publicly support the biblical definition of marriage. I stand with them in agreement." :D

Let's stand strong, side by side on this.

Looks like I'm having Chick-fil-A for lunch today and maybe dinner.

Thanks for reminding everyone. I saw this last week, and as I promised, I had breakfast at Chick-fil-A this morning, am headed back there in about an hour for lunch, and guess where I'm having dinner!

• Upvote 14
  • Downvote 4

My wife has a pic on her phone showing signs in front of KFC, Wendy's and McDonald's each supporting Chick-fil-a. It was great to see that kind of support. I haven't heard it from the corporate level of these places but I doubt a manager would want to lose his or her job by going out on a limb with this. We had Chick-fil-a for lunch just yesterday, guess we go again.

• Upvote 7

I have been by 3 locations today and all have lines out the doors and the

drive thru lines spill out onto major highways. Could be their biggest day

of sales in the history of the company.

We are supplying lunch from them to our office staff.

th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

• Upvote 12

Very interesting thread. sounds to me that you are supporting hate and intolerance. and I bet you call yourselves Christians!!!

OK, I'll take the bait. Can you expound on this so-called 'hate' and 'intolerance'? What is hateful or intolerant about having a belief system and speaking about that belief system? The last time I checked, Chick-Fil-A wasn't camping outside of a rainbow factory attempting to stone unsuspecting patrons.

• Upvote 8

I can't eat there because of the diet I'm on. I sure do support them and their cause. I respect a company that puts their faith first. :)

They have salads. :twothumbs: I just got back from lunch, 3 lanes of traffic was backed up a city block, with a backed up off ramp because of the cars waiting to get into the parking lot.

-

• Upvote 3

Very interesting thread. sounds to me that you are supporting hate and intolerance. and I bet you call yourselves Christians!!!

I'm sorry,but have to respond.

The man who owns and operates this chain never claimed to hate anyone.

He actually employs individuals who have different sexual preferences,and religious views.

He can not,and does not discriminate.

He was asked his view on marriage,and simply gave it.

But,the Mayor of Chicago and a few other cities caused all this ruckus and pledged to block his restaurants from coming into their towns.

So I guess it is ok to block a business because of the CEO's religious views?

..sounds like discrimination to me.

If you dont like his views ...simply dont patronize his restaurants ..

And yes,I do call myself a Christian,

and if I and others dont stand up,then we would be hypocrites..and there are plenty of them out there..

• Upvote 9

For me its not whether I agree with they're view,its that I respect there right to have it. If I disagree with said view I have the right to not support them. I don't believe anyone should be abused for they're views. Not everyone has the same beliefs or views its called individualism.....................a good thing imo.

I'm sorry,but have to respond.

The man who owns and operates this chain never claimed to hate anyone.

He actually employs individuals who have different sexual preferences,and religious views.

He can not,and does not discriminate.

He was asked his view on marriage,and simply gave it.

But,the Mayor of Chicago and a few other cities caused all this ruckus and pledged to block his restaurants from coming into their towns.

So I guess it is ok to block a business because of the CEO's religious views?

..sounds like discrimination to me.

If you dont like his views ...simply dont patronize his restaurants ..

I like your response better.

• Upvote 2

I do not have one of them around here but I would support them because I support the freedom of speech. Obama can come out and say he is in favor of same sex marriages and get a standing ovation from certain groups yet if someone says they support traditional marriage they are suddenly haters. Let us do a simple word study. Homo-phobic.....same-neurotic fear. It is assumed that homo means homosexual and that phobic has now been made to mean not phobic but anyone who does not like something. Hydrophobic does not mean someone who does not like to bathe. If this was the case then ever 6 year old that I have met would be hydrophobic. Just because someone does not agree with homosexuality does not mean that they are fearful of that lifestyle or want to harm or kill anyone. Stop being stupid. In America a person has a right to disagree and not be condemned or punished for that stance.

• Upvote 8

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

It is the principle........ If we do not stand for the constitution for ALL even if we do not agree, then who will stand?

The men and women who have given their very best to protect this right deserve for US to stand with courage!

Again it is the CONSTITUTION not the content that is at stake.

I for one, will STAND! :) and not be "bullied" for my speech!

• Upvote 10

As you might surmise from previous posts, I do not support Chick -fil-a's views, but I object to the reaction by public officials to a statement IN AN INTERVIEW by a CHRISTIAN PUBLICATION.

If this chain were to place posters in their restaurants with this kind of statement, I would be upset. But in this case I blame the officials. I can't help but feel that they felt the need to pander to their non-traditional constituents in an interesting form of "Holier than thou" posturing.

Peace and Prosperity

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1