Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Maliki ordered breakfast to prevent the public and the closure of liquor shops in Ramadan

yota691

Thursday July 12, 2012

Iraq policy

Maliki ordered breakfast to prevent the public and the closure of liquor shops in Ramadan

img_FileName_120712104336_1050649947_27896.jpg

Editor: GS | SS Thursday 12 تموز 2012 10:40 GMT

Sumerian News / Baghdad

issued a Prime Minister and Minister of Interior agency Nuri al-Maliki, on Thursday, instructions on the month of Ramadan, including breakfast in public is strictly prohibited, and the closure of stores that sell alcoholic beverages, restaurants, cafes, and prevent the establishment of technical activities that are not compatible and the sanctity of the month. Maliki said in a statement, Today, the Interior Ministry received "Alsumaria News," a copy of it, "We call on our people holy to maximize the rites of holy month of Ramadan," calling to "abide by the order to prevent Breakfast public is strictly prohibited, and on those responsible to take action on the violators." The statement added that "stores that sell alcoholic beverages completely shut down and closed restaurants and places selling food from sunrise to sunset except for restaurants in the factories, the student is first class in the cities and tourist restaurants on the highways." The statement noted that "prevents the establishment of technical activities that are incompatible with the sanctity of This holy month, after breakfast, and close all coffee shops public from sunrise to sunset, "calling" to take legal action against violators in accordance with the law. " The Month of Ramadan is the ninth month in the Islamic New Year, which holds when Muslims from eating and drinking from dawn until sunset, and the month of Ramadan, like other months of the year Hijri, where the last 29 or 30 days.

http://www.alsumarianews.com/ar/1/44418/news-details-.html

That is crazy :wacko: I guess the families must cook at their home instead of eating out? Is this some kind of fasting, due to the holy month Ramadan?

The markets are going to eat their money up on one shopping day! Better order some cold cuts for the long hall.

That is crazy :wacko: I guess the families must cook at their home instead of eating out? Is this some kind of fasting, due to the holy month Ramadan?

The markets are going to eat their money up on one shopping day! Better order some cold cuts for the long hall.

Doesn't this all sound crazy with how little electricity they have ??

LOL, they have done this for years. They know what to expect and how to prepare. They probably did a booming business before and will again afterwards. Everyone who drinks has a major stash at home. As for the cafes etc. they are open at sundown. It is ok for the cafes and food establishments to sell sundown to sunrise. People can purchase during those hours. Just not in public during the daylight hours.;)

This is not crazy nor wacko. Most families eat at home anyway, even here in the US. When was the last time you took your children out for breakfast on a Thursday morning? At 30% unemployment, I don't imagine closed cafes are a problem for most. Ramadan is a religious holiday that includes fasting from sunrise to sunset, then you can do what you want.

Fasting during Ramadan is a ritual much like other religious rituals even in the Christian world:

"Christian fasting or religious fasting is a concept that a lot of people are turning to in their search for peace of mind, spirituality and a certain closeness with God. While our busy modern lifestyle takes us away from all things spiritual and religious, we turn to God only when we find ourselves lost in this whole wide world, alone or in dire need of companionship and guidance. Fortunately for us, God does not desert us in bad times the way we desert him in our good times and it is always possible to take solace in the Higher Power. The power of prayer and fasting in bringing subjects closer to God has been proved time and again. It has been documented in all religious and sacred texts and the miracles of fasting and prayer are also evident time and again in our modern lives."

Let's not lay into something if we don't have a full undderstanding of it. Maliki is just trying to seem that he cares about his people and is protecting the religion. If you know anything about he region, you would know that it's too frickin' hot to cook anyway.

Edited by Carrello
  • Upvote 4

LOL, they have done this for years. They know what to expect and how to prepare. They probably did a booming business before and will again afterwards. Everyone who drinks has a major stash at home. As for the cafes etc. they are open at sundown. It is ok for the cafes and food establishments to sell sundown to sunrise. People can purchase during those hours. Just not in public during the daylight hours.;)

I was thinking there may be a positive side to this religous rule......if one is not out in the streets visiting the establishments buying food or drinks one would not be subject to getting killed or blown up. Apparently the bomb squad terrorists are planning on a few surprises during Ramadan. Mammaw tells us its OK to be out after dark for food & drink, so I guess my positive side thoughts are out-the-window.

Ramadan starts at 5:00am and ends at 5:00pm so if they get to their mosques

before 5:00am they serve breakfast to them for free and after 5:00pm they serve dinner after prayer

for free.The very wealthy pay for these things.The real muslims take care of there own no one starves

during this period unless you dont go to the mosque then they are on there own.

There are no liquor stores in Iraq! The only alcohol in Iraq is at the 4 and 5 star hotels

Like the raddison and no true muslim will be in there.

If you were to walk down the streets in Iraq with a beer in your hands you would be

imprisoned muslim or not.I was stationed there for 2 years and was warned about this and any troop there will

confirm this.

During Ramadan nothing can enter your mouth during these times not even water,ciggs,food anything!

Fasting purges all evil things out of the body If your a true muslim.

To bad maliki doesnt do this! Then we would have our RV and the people of Iraq would truely prosper!

• Downvote 1

Remember...Islam DOES legislate religion, to the nth degree. Have you heard about their calls to destroy the pyramids, now? Look for ancient monuments to start falling to bombers, next. I believe we might have Islam to thank for the destruction of the Library at Alexandria, too.

Even WITHOUT invoking the bible, a reasonable person would conclude that the forces of evil and darkness are subtly at work. :(

Had a Muslim student living in my home for three years. Actually one of those years I hade two of them during Ramadan. Also a good friend who converted to Islam when he was working in Saudi Arabia lived next door. All up before sunrise to eat and drink enough tea to sustain them in the heat and prevent dehydration. Go to work or the university and do not drink or eat all day. come home and prepare food ready for sunset, not a time, like five o'clock, but sunset. Then tea and Medjool dates (fantastic dates but expensive!). About an hour later a dinner and than even prayer and study and preparing for work the next day. The only time Ramadan was not observed was the second student whe had some medical condition that meant he had to eat and drink through the day. He took a doctor's note to his Imam at the Mosque and got a dispensaton. But he had to say prayers twice as often and for twice as long and eat very basic foods during the day, nothing special or anything he like really well.

Anyway, about this post, my first thought was that these people, trying for democracy, have not separated church from state. I guess they can't. But how did Maliki come up with this decree? Did he consult any of the members of parliament? Or was this just a dictum from the current dictator?

:)

smee2

• Upvote 1

This is how religion enslaves people. With stupid traditions that become burdensom to average people trying to provide their families with the basics of life. At every turn there is some spiritual violation that only an Imam or priest can obsolve you from for a fee $$$$. The human family is divided because of religious intolaration promoted by traditions of men..IMO

3 egg western omlet with texas toast and a small glass of orange juice.....thats all for now ..thanks .. oh ..oh .. and a large coffee to go please with cream and sugar .. thanks thats all ... figure i might as well get some breakfast too

Ramadan starts at 5:00am and ends at 5:00pm so if they get to their mosques

before 5:00am they serve breakfast to them for free and after 5:00pm they serve dinner after prayer

for free.The very wealthy pay for these things.The real muslims take care of there own no one starves

during this period unless you dont go to the mosque then they are on there own.

There are no liquor stores in Iraq! The only alcohol in Iraq is at the 4 and 5 star hotels

Like the raddison and no true muslim will be in there.

If you were to walk down the streets in Iraq with a beer in your hands you would be

imprisoned muslim or not.I was stationed there for 2 years and was warned about this and any troop there will

confirm this.

During Ramadan nothing can enter your mouth during these times not even water,ciggs,food anything!

Fasting purges all evil things out of the body If your a true muslim.

To bad maliki doesnt do this! Then we would have our RV and the people of Iraq would truely prosper!

how about those guys that beat themselves on the back over their shoulders as they parade around till their backs are all bloody ....... is that stuff handed down generation after generation ?... they cant lose that tradition .. its like our fourth of july parades here

Edited by leesburg