Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

George W. Bush Blamed For Economic Troubles More Than Barack Obama, Poll Finds

dinar_stud

George W. Bush Blamed For Economic Troubles More Than Barack Obama, Poll Finds

Although the struggling economy under President Barack Obama's leadership will likely define the outcome of this year's general election, more Americans continue to hold former President George W. Bush accountable for the nation's economic problems, according to a new poll.

The poll, released by Gallup Thursday, showed that 68 percent of Americans place either a great deal or moderate amount of economic blame on Bush, whereas 52 percent blame Obama. Republicans more universally ascribe the bad economy to the incumbent president, with 83 percent holding Obama responsible and 49 percent attributing the same level of blame to Bush. An overwhelming 90 percent of Democrats still blame Bush for the nation's economic problems, as opposed to only 19 percent who place blame on Obama, showing that Republicans are far more willing to hold Bush responsible than Democrats are willing to blame Obama.

The results of the survey come as Obama takes the stage in Ohio for a major economic speech, following a dismal May jobs report and repeated attacks from his Republican opponents for remarking that the private sector is "doing fine". Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney has made the country's ongoing economic woes under Obama's stewardship the focal point of his campaign, while the Obama campaign has worked to attribute the slow recovery to the problems created by Obama's predecessor and Congress' unwillingness to act on any of the president's proposals.

Still, the Gallup poll finds that Americans are generally negative about the direction in which the economy is headed, which will undoubtedly be a key factor at the polls in November.

GOOD! If there is one man who deserves the honor of being the only individual in our history who single handedly destroyed the US economy, it is GEORGE BUSH. We are living with the consequenses of his having sold us out to special interests. There will be no reprive for the American people, when the economy collapses due to his arrogance!

This poll may finally show us that ...just maybe...the American people are starting to finally wake up from their media induced stupor, and see things for what they are.

Thanks for the post! Carlos

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 15

GOOD! If there is one man who deserves the honor of being the only individual in our history who single handedly destroyed the US economy, it is GEORGE BUSH. We are living with the consequenses of his having sold us out to special interests. There will be no reprive for the American people, when the economy collapses due to his arrogance!

This poll may finally show us that ...just maybe...the American people are starting to finally wake up from their media induced stupor, and see things for what they are.

This media induced stupor has people standing there with their mouths dragging on the ground in obama worship. Oboma simply refuses to except blame for tripling the deficit. It is amazing how many people buy into these polls when they are designed to manipulate the response they want to get.
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

Dont know why you got negged carlos, evened you out. I agree that much if not most of the blame should fall on bush jrs administration. But id also include clinton as well. As a person from a family and community where factory and other manufacturing jobs being shipped to ither countries had a direct and extremely negative impact i have to add him too. None of the situation our nation faces happened over night..

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

Darwin maybe you don't know that Obummer has increased the debit of the country more than all the presidents put together ever in history. LOL so who's responsible. And if Bush had not attacked the terrorists we most certainly would have had more 9-11 attacks.

• Upvote 8

Seeing as how those percentages add up oddly

and the poll is Americans, rather than likely voters,

I dont putt much credence in it.

Thanks for bringing it in dinar-stud, but it looks like

Gallup may be favoring Obama on this one.

I've seen these pollers do this a lot, not sure why.

As a poll.....wouldnt they want to get accurate numbers?

They're probably worried about retribution from the

Whitehouse.

O'blah does have a 'hitlist' updated every day

afterall. ;)

This media induced stupor has people standing there with their mouths dragging on the ground in obama worship. Oboma simply refuses to except blame for tripling the deficit. It is amazing how many people buy into these polls when they are designed to manipulate the response they want to get.

Absolutely.....Poll of likely voters (the only one that counts)

puts O'blah 10 points behind. ;)

Continuing to blame Bush isnt working IMO.....Who will he

blame if he gets another 4?.....I guess he would have to

blame himself.

• Upvote 6

Apparently people do not look into the facts and just believe what the media tells them....

Bush created $4.8 trillion in 8 years and hussein obama created $4.9 in 3 1/2 years.

Now who created more deficit again?

I would go into detail, but it would be a waste of time...

And my time is worth money and you don't make that kind of money...

But there is always hope....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Americans historically vote with their pocketbook. Come November, as voters enter the poll booth, they will open up their wallet and ask the question: Am I better off now than I was 4 years ago?

Of course this is the 20-30% of swing (independent) voters, while you have the 40ish% that vote staunch Republican or Democrats no matter what.

I keep telling you, this is going to be a nail biter to the end.

Florida is the key, mark my words.

• Upvote 3

I cannot speak for anyone other than myself but I was raised to take my own responsibility and blame. After three years it is rather silly to keep blaming Bush for all the world's ills. As my late mother used to say: Enough is enough!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Dont know why you got negged carlos, evened you out. I agree that much if not most of the blame should fall on bush jrs administration. But id also include clinton as well. As a person from a family and community where factory and other manufacturing jobs being shipped to ither countries had a direct and extremely negative impact i have to add him too. None of the situation our nation faces happened over night..

Clinto was the only one to to us back in the black... :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

And yet they keep lying to themselves and anyone who will listen. There's a reason why wingers are polled to be the most il/uninformed of the entire populace. Not to mention the most apathetic amongst all humans. You Tube McCain and Palin campaign jamborees and see prime examples of the ilk. Yuck.

Edited by r65
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

Americans historically vote with their pocketbook. Come November, as voters enter the poll booth, they will open up their wallet and ask the question: Am I better off now than I was 4 years ago?

Of course this is the 20-30% of swing (independent) voters, while you have the 40ish% that vote staunch Republican or Democrats no matter what.

While I agree with most of that.....I think the Demo's are going

to get some surprises from states that they've always counted on

to vote with them.....Wisconsin looks like its in play this time, as well

as some others.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Apparently people do not look into the facts and just believe what the media tells them....

Bush created $4.8 trillion in 8 years and hussein obama created $4.9 in 3 1/2 years.

BUSH 4.9

OBAMA 5.1

BUT I AGREE WITH YA :)

Well said Tif

• Upvote 2

But

If only the economy was the problem. And then there is this ....

US ARMY CELEBRATES 237 YEARS OF SERVICE

HONOR OUR TROOPS TODAY! 1775-2012

Please take some time today to honor our troops. Not only is today "Flag Day", commemorating our adoption of the Stars and Stripes, it's also the birthday of the US Army.

In 1775 the 2nd Continental Congress in Philadelphia officially recognized the need for a formal continental army and ordered a committee be formed to organize the drafting and provisioning of the first US Army. It has served bravely ever since, protecting our Nation in conflict after conflict.

Help celebrate the Army's 237th birthday by sending some care packages to some of our troops in Afghanistan who really need our help!"

WHAT IS ANSWER THE CALL AND HOW DOES IT WORK?

"Every summer, Move America Forward spends a month focusing on supporting one particular unit deployed in Afghanistan. We select this unit based on the difficulty of their mission and the danger level in the region of Afghanistan in which they are fighting.

We have selected 800 Soldiers from the 17th Infantry Regiment to support and we'll continue raising money until we have enough to send support to all 800 of these troops who are operating in one of the most dangerous provinces in Afghanistan.

So far we have raised enough to help only 379 troops - that means 421 soldiers in Afghanistan will receive nothing unless people sponsor more packages now!

The Soldiers of the 17th Infantry are fighting to defeat the Taliban and Al Qaeda. We must support them!"

PRESIDENT OBAMA ABSENT FROM

WREATH-LAYING CEREMONY *AGAIN*

Army Secretary John McHugh participated in the traditional wreath-laying ceremony at Arlington National Cemetery to mark the Army's 237th birthday. President Obama was in Cleveland, Ohio raising money for his own re-election campaign and later in New York with actress Sarah Jessica Parker, also fundraising for his campaign.

U.S. troops return to Afghanistan's "lost province"

With U.S. intelligence pointing to a possible attack by as many as 1,800 Taliban, the soldiers set up weapons over a backyard-sized square, while Afghan army soldiers in camouflage and plastic sandals pointed out fires and torchlight in the distance in the chill night air.

"We'll get some eyes overhead to check it out. If it's Taliban, we'll get a plane up in the morning and drop a bomb on it," said U.S. Major Jared Bordwell as some of his men from the Infantry Regiment dropped down in the dust and tried to get some sleep.

American soldiers withdrew from Nuristan, or the "land of light", after around 300 insurgents overran an isolated combat outpost near Kamdesh village - below where Bordwell's men were huddled - on October 3, 2009, killing eight soldiers and wounding 22.

As many as 2,500 Taliban are thought to be in the province, controlling most districts, and around 300 are foreign, mostly Pakistanis or Chechens, Afghan commanders say."

- 06/13/2012

Reuters

OUR TROOPS ARE RETURNING TO RECLAIM THE GROUND THEY GAVE UP IN 2009. support THEIR FIGHT IN THIS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS AND REMOTE AREA!

The 17th Infantry Regiment, part of 2nd Stryker Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division is a group of Army combat teams "responsible for ground operations" in the very dangerous Kandahar province, and surrounding areas, specifically areas on the wild and lawless Afghanistan/Pakistan border, where the the last vestiges of Al-Qaeda hide. "

Never mind do not even think about this of give a thouight to those continuing to battle for your freedom as you just sit and gripe about the economy or the fact that you feel President Bush supposedly ruined.

"Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither". -Benjamin Franklin.

God Bless America! :shakehead:

Edited by Jac

I don't worship Obama. He's working for the same people who are behind the GOP...the bankster elite, the criminal element that now control our country. Bush started the chain reaction, a reaction that now, no one can stop. Obama was a fool who followed Bush into the POTUS. The deck was stacked against him from the begining, had Obama any brains, he should never have run for President. It's a hot seat in which no one can win, especially not us!

Those who still think that Bush was the greatest thing since sliced bread will have a wake up call when the ecomony collapses. Then you will see what you got when you stepped into the voting booth on those two ocassions you voted for him.

Those that neg...go right ahead, be my guest! He who laughs last, laughs best...and my time is coming! Carlos

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

I don't worship Obama. He's working for the same people who are behind the GOP...the bankster elite, the criminal element that now control our country. Bush started the chain reaction, a reaction that now, no one can stop. Obama was a fool who followed Bush into the POTUS. The deck was stacked against him from the begining, had Obama any brains, he should never have run for President. It's a hot seat in which no one can win, especially not us!

Those who still think that Bush was the greatest thing since sliced bread will have a wake up call when the ecomony collapses. Then you will see what you got when you stepped into the voting booth on those two ocassions you voted for him.

Those that neg...go right ahead, be my guest! He who laughs last, laughs best...and my time is coming! Carlos

We are now 3 1/2 years into Oboma's lousey rein as president. Not one time has he excepted any responsibility for his and the nutty lefts failures. Bush has been out of office and they are still saying every thing that happens is his fault. These idiots in Washington have no clue how to fix what has happened. But they do know how to make it worse.
  • Upvote 2

You & the media forgot to mention the fact that under Bush the Dems controlled both Houses & Speaker of the House & Bush couldn't do a thing without the Dems.

There's plenty of blame to go around & it's not just one Party guilty of neglegence.

Obama will continue to run on Bush's fault & racism. Time to change the record.

You & the media forgot to mention the fact that under Bush the Dems controlled both Houses & Speaker of the House & Bush couldn't do a thing without the Dems.

There's plenty of blame to go around & it's not just one Party guilty of neglegence.

Obama will continue to run on Bush's fault & racism. Time to change the record.

Flat out wrong! Bush had a Republican controlled Congress from 2001 to 2007 and a Republican controlled Senate from 2001 to 2005. 6 years of House control and 4 years of Senate control. He did whatever he wanted from 2001 to 2003. 2004 slowed down because of the mid term elections.

But you are right on one point, there is plenty of blame to go around. Let's look:

NAFTA: Signed agreement by George H.W. Bush with Canada and Mexico. Approved by a Democratic Congress and then confirmed by Democrat Bill Clinton. Majority of the negotiations done by the George H.W. Bush White House.

Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act: Passed by a Republican controlled Congress and signed into law by Democrat Bill Clinton. Basically removed all separation from regular banking and investment banking, thus opening the door to derivatives and the 2008 housing collapse.

You can go back forever and find mixed agreements that cause large amounts of harm to the American economy. So you are right, both sides are to blame!

• Upvote 1

Flat out wrong! Bush had a Republican controlled Congress from 2001 to 2007 and a Republican controlled Senate from 2001 to 2005. 6 years of House control and 4 years of Senate control. He did whatever he wanted from 2001 to 2003. 2004 slowed down because of the mid term elections.

But you are right on one point, there is plenty of blame to go around. Let's look:

NAFTA: Signed agreement by George H.W. Bush with Canada and Mexico. Approved by a Democratic Congress and then confirmed by Democrat Bill Clinton. Majority of the negotiations done by the George H.W. Bush White House.

Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act: Passed by a Republican controlled Congress and signed into law by Democrat Bill Clinton. Basically removed all separation from regular banking and investment banking, thus opening the door to derivatives and the 2008 housing collapse.

You can go back forever and find mixed agreements that cause large amounts of harm to the American economy. So you are right, both sides are to blame!

See how much damage a Democrat can do in so little time

when you let them anywhere near power :D

Edited by cris

See how much damage a Democrat can do in so little time

when you let them anywhere near power :D

You must have missed the part of the George H.W. Bush White House, which was continuing the negotiations from the Ronald Reagan White House on NAFTA. Yep, export all of the middle class jobs, but blame the Democrat that only signed the approval of the Republican gem that had been in the works for a decade.......

And the part that the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act that was passed by the Republican Congress. Yes, banking deregulation is good! I though you "conservatives" wanted to get rid of the private bankers that are ruining our economy. Yet you celebrate deregulation of those same banksters.... Makes no sense.

See what happens when you let Conservative Republicans anywhere near power. Let's let Paul Ryan have a crack at it and we'll all be in food lines!

smile.gif