Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

PM Maliki ready for public interrogation over dismissal from office

[BAGHDAD, May 20 (AKnews) -Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki is ready to attend the meeting in the Council of Representatives to interrogate him after political parties submitted an application that includes the justification for the PM's dismissal from his office, said an adviser for the PM

Link:

http://www.aknews.com/en/aknews/4/308070/#iit=1337562402649&tmr=load%3D1337562400793%26core%3D1337562400824%26main%3D1337562402634%26ifr%3D1337562402649&cb=0&cdn=0&chr=utf-8&kw=&ab=-&dh=www.aknews.com&dr=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Furl%3Fsa%3Dt%26rct%3Dj%26q%3Dmaliki%2520to%2520be%2520interogated%2520by%2520council%2520of%2520representatives%26source%3Dweb%26cd%3D1%26ved%3D0CFEQFjAA%26url%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.aknews.com%252Fen%252Faknews%252F4%252F308070%252F%26ei%3DC5W5T4rkNoek8QT1jvWRCg%26usg%3DAFQjCNGphlGhM9c6iN6126gkqjLFBhqwkA&du=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aknews.com%2Fen%2Faknews%2F4%2F308070%2F&dt=PM%20Maliki%20ready%20for%20public%20interrogation%20over%20dismissal%20from%20office%2C%20says%20adviser%20%7C%20Politics%20%7C%20AKNEWS.com&md=0∩=tc%3D0%26ab%3D0&inst=1&irt=1&jsl=8225&lng=en-us&ogt=&pc=men&pub=AK_News&ssl=0&sid=4fb995203996f213&srd=0.3&srf=0.02&srp=0.2&srl=1&srx=1&ver=250&xck=0&xtr=0&og=&rev=113637&ct=1&xld=1&xd=1

Mariam al-Rayyes said: "The interrogation session must be public to allow the Iraqi people to watch it, and the withdrawal of confidence must depend on article 61 of the constitution."

BAGHDAD, May 20 (AKnews) - Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki is ready to attend the meeting in the Council of Representatives to interrogate him after political parties submitted an application that includes the justification for the PM's dismissal from his office, said an adviser for the PM.

Mariam al-Rayyes said: "The interrogation session must be public to allow the Iraqi people to watch it, and the withdrawal of confidence must depend on article 61 of the constitution."

Representatives of Iraqi political blocs, the Kurdistan Blocs Coalition (KBC) and some parties of the National Alliance (NA) held a meeting yesterday at the home of cleric Moqtada al-Sadr in Najaf and agreed on a national democratic project. The details of the project have yet to be revealed.

Sadr is a senior leader and has 40 seats in the Council of Representatives. He recently criticized the policy adopted by PM Maliki in dealing with his political partners.

The Iraqi constitution defines two ways to withdraw confidence from the PM according to article 61. The first involves a request filed by the president and secondly through the Council of Representatives at the request of one fifth of members. Such a request cannot be submitted before the PM is interrogated.

The Council of Representatives may withdraw confidence from the PM by the absolute majority of its members seven days after the submission of the request.

By Raman Brosk

RN/DM/AKnews

• Upvote 10

WHAT THE HELL!! I READ AN ARTICLE EARLIER THAT SAID THEY GAVE HIM THREE MORE MONTHS?????????:blink: :blink: :blink:

That article's information came from a "source". Talk about smoke.........

We are close now. Read SWFloridaGuy's latest post. He said this was taking place. I love this guy.

Thanks RSS. Looks like those naps serve you well!

That article's information came from a "source". Talk about smoke.........

We are close now. Read SWFloridaGuy's latest post. He said this was taking place. I love this guy.

Thanks RSS. Looks like those naps serve you well!

Hey KK, thanks for the post. Are we sure SWflorida is a legit and not Okie's stepson?

This to me is getting really old! Same crap everyday for years.

Too many years in this I guess, really thought it would have happened by now.

WM13

Hahaha WM13 smile.gif

Us veterans that have been in this a few years don't get moved so easily by every little tater that floats down the river anymore tongue.gif

Hang in there my friend I'm with ya!

GP

• Upvote 1

I hope all this turns out good, and things just start movin fast. :)

Me too, but I'm mighty afraid that bozo Maliki will manage to stay strapped into the PM seat with another set of promises that he has no intention of following thru on. If the man was Pinocchio his nose would be 10 feet long!

What's your thoughts on this Yota? You have great insights and I highly respect your opinions...

• Upvote 1

Okay... this is something 'different'. Maliki is to be 'interrogated'. My guess is that Maliki will answer the questions and then the vote will take place. The rub lies in which questions, who is asking them, what order, and if there will even be a 'case' presented to withdraw confidence in him. On a side note, I saw a vote of no confidence happen before, and then the dark side took over the republic. Hmmm....

Okay... this is something 'different'. Maliki is to be 'interrogated'. My guess is that Maliki will answer the questions and then the vote will take place. The rub lies in which questions, who is asking them, what order, and if there will even be a 'case' presented to withdraw confidence in him. On a side note, I saw a vote of no confidence happen before, and then the dark side took over the republic. Hmmm....

Get Chris Wallace.