Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Banking expert: the withdrawal of Iraq from Chapter VII would give freedom to the Iraqi banks in dealing with international banks

I read the same article as well. The problem is and I may be off base here, if they really were buying dinar from the street with US dollars, the dinar's value would not have fallen to the basement. So for me this implies they are not doing that.

Agreed, it goes against conventional wisdom.

Truthful,

There are other ways to make money in Iraq than just speculation on the Dinar. The ISX is going to explode beyond expectation when chapter 7 is lifted.You do see that don't you Truth? There is an entire middle class in Iraq ready to mingle internationally for goods and services. 1166 is not the Real Value of the Dinar, You do see that don't you Truth?

Well sure......ch7 removal will ignite investment and its something we really need done. we need to see what they do with the dinar once its lifted. will u.s. banks start trading it again? Will the cbi allow it to be an international currency....because right now.. its for use only in iraq only. some wiki leaks documents show they have pushed to stop the external trading of the dinar in the past. how will it unfold for us??

The real value of the dinar, depends on how many dinars they have to support. with the current, audited financial stats i believe 1166 is close if there is 30 trillion. Any talks about the dinars value, must first start with how many dinar are in circulation.........and when the word trillions shows up....the value is at least a 1000% less....

of course...if i ignore all data and just go off resources and potential the value should be around 3 or 4 dollars. but i cant ignore economics....so ill always base my opinions based on the current data.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well sure......ch7 removal will ignite investment and its something we really need done. we need to see what they do with the dinar once its lifted. will u.s. banks start trading it again? Will the cbi allow it to be an international currency....because right now.. its for use only in iraq only. some wiki leaks documents show they have pushed to stop the external trading of the dinar in the past. how will it unfold for us??

The real value of the dinar, depends on how many dinars they have to support. with the current, audited financial stats i believe 1166 is close if there is 30 trillion. Any talks about the dinars value, must first start with how many dinar are in circulation.........and when the word trillions shows up....the value is at least a 1000% less....

of course...if i ignore all data and just go off resources and potential the value should be around 3 or 4 dollars. but i cant ignore economics....so ill always base my opinions based on the current data.

The problem is getting accurate data.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The problem is getting accurate data.

The financials have been audited by a third party....in ernest and young.......so as there may be slight discrepencies...ihave a hard time believing there inaccurate. and as the trend shows...the amount of dinar in circulation has been increasing with each passing year. of course.....we all can choose whether to believe it or not

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The financials have been audited by a third party....in ernest and young.......so as there may be slight discrepencies...ihave a hard time believing there inaccurate. and as the trend shows...the amount of dinar in circulation has been increasing with each passing year. of course.....we all can choose whether to believe it or not

How can that be true? If you increase the quantity of something you lower the value of it.

For 9yrs the value of the dinar has been going up. Just asking.

How can that be true? If you increase the quantity of something you lower the value of it.

Good point. If the amount in circulations is increasing by the trillions, then the rate should be falling, but it's rising.

I read an interesting article last week which surprised me. In the article they said they held 33 trillion dinar inside the bank. Now for me I read it to mean, there is 33 trillion dinar CBI is holding in its vaults.

Very good point. my thought is as the years have passed and they sold more dinar they also increased there foreign reserves to back the currency. Dont forget aboit the spread the cbi charges at auction when selling dollars. so theyve had ways to drastically increase their foreign reserves....giving room to add value throu the years. just my thoughts

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Very good point. The reason why its been going up because they do have control of their money supply IN country and if people dont think they do you need to do your homework they know exactly whats out there in country and out of country as well. they know how much they have printed. If it was out out of control the dianr wouldnt have never been able to stay where it was for so long and would have been losing value. The reason why its starting to lose value is because the market place, the citizens are losing money through vendors also the sanctions on Iran and Syria seem to be having an impact on the dinar as well because its not internationally traded as of yet.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 2

Don't let these people get you down. They have cliques and protect their own. The mrref was totally in the wrong. You have not responded in the best way, but it's understandable that you did.

Newbie, you have a blessed day.. :lol::lol:

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

Very good point. The reason why its been going up because they do have control of their money supply IN country and if people dont think they do you need to do your homework they know exactly whats out there in country and out of country as well. they know how much they have printed. If it was out out of control the dianr wouldnt have never been able to stay where it was for so long and would have been losing value. The reason why its starting to lose value is because the market place, the citizens are losing money through vendors also the sanctions on Iran and Syria seem to be having an impact on the dinar as well because its not internationally traded as of yet.

Easyrider, I have to agree with you. How can they not know what's out there in country and out of country. Valid statement you bring across.

Let's see what June brings.

Good point. If the amount in circulations is increasing by the trillions, then the rate should be falling, but it's rising.

The dinar as of now is still on its "programmed rate"...has been the past 3 years or so. But over all these years and before the program rate came into play, as the dinar was being printed more, the reserves were also going up. Thats how they were able to balance it and bring the value up. Same thing that is happening now....they are still printing more, but more is also being put in reserves from oil revenues so the value of the dinar has remained stable....

If reserves were NOT increasing, and the money supply was shooting up, then it would be a different story....

The dinar as of now is still on its "programmed rate"...has been the past 3 years or so. But over all these years and before the program rate came into play, as the dinar was being printed more, the reserves were also going up. Thats how they were able to balance it and bring the value up. Same thing that is happening now....they are still printing more, but more is also being put in reserves from oil revenues so the value of the dinar has remained stable....

If reserves were NOT increasing, and the money supply was shooting up, then it would be a different story....

Very true, But I was under the impression that the reserves have been stuck at 60 billion or so while the amount in circulation has been increasing by the trillions. So it appears the rate of increase of dinar in circulations is greater than the growth rate of the reserves. Am I incorrect in my assessment?