Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Pet Peeves

bamagirl

Why are people not aware that their turn signals are still on? Their too busy running their mouths on their cell phones. That's my opinion. Please, pay attention when you drive. :)

Maybe in Texas...here, most of them are so old they either forgot they turned it on or they can't hear the clicking because their hearing aid is squealing :lol:

• Upvote 3

My Biggest pet peeve is the idiots that fight pit bulls. They take one of the most loyal and trusting breeds that I have ever known and turn them on each other just to make themselves feel like a man. I would like to round them all up and make them fight with only their teeth and see how they like it.

• Upvote 3

First, and I say first because there are a few, so I will most likely be posting again ... companies or stores who set up their handicap parking spots so far away from the entrance of the business that handicap people have trouble making the walk there and back after parking. Also, same irritant, the business community, who make handicap parking spots the same width as regular spots (see #2 below). (note: handkcap driver or passenber need extra room for getting in and out with or without crutches, cane, wheelchair or walker. or just getting handicapped body into and out of the darned vehicle that has not been designed for the exit and entrance of a handicapped person.) As well as people who use the handicap parking space with no real reason, no handicap sticker or tag, no visible handicap when the driver jumps out, runs to the store to drop return videos, runs back jumping over the curb stone, jumps into his car again and drives off ... absolutely no indicaiton of any handicap.

Second, those people who park real close to the passenger side white line to give themselves a lot of room to get out. What if the person on the other side of the space park close to the driver's white line, to let a passanger have the extra space? Then my space in the middle isn't even big enough to get into and open the door let alone consider other parkers and passengers.

Drivers who don't signal, tailgate, and get out into the intersection while waiting for the green, but don't move their butts to get around before it is red, stranding the person behind them who is halfway into the intersection, as well as those who follow the yellow lighter through on the red, and then another, and another, as if the red didn't exist and they are still going through on the yellow ... this is a big city Driving 101 Techquique that goes hand in hand with the double parker who lets someone do a dash and grab from the passenger seat and just sits there shrugging his shoulders while he makes everyone else wait.

I had better stop this now. I am begining to realize my Peeves are so far all driving stuff. I know I have others, and maybe I'll think of them later. Thanks for opening this thread, by the way ... highly interesting to read other peoples' irritants and to get my own off my chest.

:)

smee2

• Upvote 1

My biggest pet peeve is people talking and texting on their phones while driving, it's dangerous and makes me crazy. I see it all the time here in Dallas. If the the phone call or text message is so important pull over. That's what I do.

I totally agree with this. Get off the phone and drive! I can't tell you how many cars I have come upon doing 10 -15 mph slower than the posted speed limit, causing a traffic jam. The sad thing is they are totally oblivious to what is going on around them because they are so involved in their conversation.

I also, don't like being forced to listen to someone's cell phone coversation while standing in line at the grocery store, post office anywhere. It's rude.

• Upvote 4

Have several of them, but here's one. When trash is put into the sink with dirty dishes. Such as plastic forks, spoons, egg shells, napkins, things that don't gone into the garbage disposal. What's so hard about putting it into the trash bin. Go figure.

Smee, agree tailgaters are very irritating, I myself try and allow enough safe space from the vehicle in front of me. There sure are a lot of inconsiderate drivers on the road.

• Upvote 1

1. Individuals who use the Interstate as a race track, don't signal when they change lanes, and cut off cars in other lanes! Not only is is a Peeve, but it is dangerous and rude.

2. Individuals who are seek to use the scripture to prove their point, but use passages out of context and think they are correct simply because they found proof from the Bible.

3. People who use profanity when children are listening. (A foul mouth I can tolerate; I am an adult. It shows the content of the persons heart and that can change. But it has no place around little ears.)

• Upvote 1

People that are perfectly able bodied and still park in a handicapped spot or even worse is the ones that park on the diagonal lines blocking the access needed to assist a wheelchair individual being transferred from the chair to the car and wheelchair ramp access for vans. Should be a $500 fine. :angry:

Can't remember for sure but I think the definition for Agitation was: "The mind's amazing ability to over ride the body's desire to choke the crap out of someone who desperately deserves it there by increasing frustration!" or maybe it was the one right before the SPIN cycle on the wash machine :unsure: Hmmm better grab a case of pet peeve tolerator made by Michelob! :lol: :lol:

Me too....I get to play Jacks part though, love that guy!!

You got it LOL! I'll be Sandler, I guess my head is kinda egg shaped too so it would be a good fit!

I guess my biggest peeve is people who can’t speak their native language well enough to put a coherent sentence together. I understand that English is a second language for some people and don’t mind when I have to read their post a second time, but if English is your native language, please learn to speak it.

Roadrunner

• Upvote 3

First, and I say first because there are a few, so I will most likely be posting again ... companies or stores who set up their handicap parking spots so far away from the entrance of the business that handicap people have trouble making the walk there and back after parking. Also, same irritant, the business community, who make handicap parking spots the same width as regular spots (see #2 below). (note: handkcap driver or passenber need extra room for getting in and out with or without crutches, cane, wheelchair or walker. or just getting handicapped body into and out of the darned vehicle that has not been designed for the exit and entrance of a handicapped person.) As well as people who use the handicap parking space with no real reason, no handicap sticker or tag, no visible handicap when the driver jumps out, runs to the store to drop return videos, runs back jumping over the curb stone, jumps into his car again and drives off ... absolutely no indicaiton of any handicap.

Where I live, the handicap parking must be a % of total parking lot space, and ALL of it must be the spaces nearest the door.

My pet peeve is when it's three miles to the first space that is NOT handicap parking, and 98% of it is not being utilized, ever. I am a physical train wreck, but not so much that I qualify for a handicap sticker, and have a really hard time walking half a block on ice in the winter, when I got the nearest possible spot. :angry: I swear, Walmart is the only place where most of the handicap parking is used.

I guess my biggest peeve is people who can’t speak their native language well enough to put a coherent sentence together. I understand that English is a second language for some people and don’t mind when I have to read their post a second time, but if English is your native language, please learn to speak it.

Roadrunner

And write it. At least in the damn title of the thread. Okie doesn't have an A in it. For Pete's sake. :huh:

When my daughter's dog eats a "snack" from the cat's litter box!!!! Yuck! What's even worse is her breath afterwards!!!

In my house this would happen ONCE.

Have several of them, but here's one. When trash is put into the sink with dirty dishes. Such as plastic forks, spoons, egg shells, napkins, things that don't gone into the garbage disposal. What's so hard about putting it into the trash bin. Go figure.

I think I have a family of low functioning people who can't tell trash from things we keep. I find bonafide trash all over the house, within arm's length of trash can's I have, coincidentally, in every room. I always start cleaning with a trash bag now. :angry:

People that are perfectly able bodied and still park in a handicapped spot or even worse is the ones that park on the diagonal lines blocking the access needed to assist a wheelchair individual being transferred from the chair to the car and wheelchair ramp access for vans. Should be a $500 fine. :angry:

Where I live, I think it is! :)

-----

My favorite Pet Peeves on DV are

1. The never ending music threads, one for every song.

2. The incessant dribble from other sites, full of CRAP that we really don't want to sort thru to read.

3. The misleading titles of threads that were meant to get me to read CRAP I would not have read had the titles been honest.

4. People without the basic use and understanding of spell check, making it impossible to comprehend a short paragraph.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1st. people who pretend to be something there not.

2nd Stupid people who think the ability to speak denotes intelligence, in simpler words, LIBERALS.

3rd People that want to keep Jesus in a box.

4th Talking on the phone while chewing food. UUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHH kill them. :lol:

5th People who think slamming on the brakes in front of a BIG TRUCK at 70mpg to prove a point is a

smart thing.

6th People who only sing in one key, MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMMEEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME

LIVE LOVE LAUGH AND ALWAYS PUT GOD AND OTHERS FIRST.

• Upvote 1

Reaching for my last beer only to find it empty.

Looking at peoples shorts all the time, because they don't want to pull up their pants.

Feeling someones music through my car tires.

Right fighters, even when they're wrong.

When I park my truck where no one else is even close, and come out of the store to find a car right next to me. Rain or shine.

Thought I would add a few more. :)

I have a couple of things that peeve me.....First one is riding in the car and not having control of the radio, lol.......next one is listening to a speech or something and the speaker saying Ah, Um, Uh every other word.....just for fun what are your pet peeves?

'Bama Fans'

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

Left yourself open for that one hahahaha

Geaux Tigers!

• Upvote 2