Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The News We Have Been Waiting For

dinarck

Council of Ministers postponed the process of removing the zeros from the national currency

Date: Thursday, 12/04/2012 14:00

I

Baghdad (news) .. Council of Ministers decided to wait in the application process to delete the zeros from the national currency until further notice.

The Director General of the Department of Cabinet Affairs in a press statement received the Agency (news) a copy of it on Thursday that the decision requires to stop all actions relating to the operation until further notice.

added : The Council of Ministers Resolution No. (111) for the year 2012, adopted at the fifth regular session, held the day before yesterday was based on what I expounded on the Committee on Economic Affairs. /Finished / d. Q /

http://www.ikhnews.com/news.php?action=view&id=38953

Ok now we are talkin.

If the redenomination is in fact on hold and hopefully on hold for good then this means that we have a chance of making some money and for that I am happy.

The question would now become how long will it take for the value of the dinar to reach a point that cashing out would be profitable?

Lets say that 1 IQD= 1 USD is where many would cash out at. For them to get there they would have to have some seriously huge RVs more than once a year or else it will take them decades.

We all know that the largest overnight RV in history was by China and it was around 35%. If Iraq performed a 35% RV twice a year for 10 years then they will have RVed the dinar 700%. 20 years doing it twice a year would be 1400%. We want them to get to 100,000% but how long would that take if they are performing the equivalent of the largest RV in history twice a year? It would take them 1428 years.

Now, if Iraq RVed overnight by say 1000% then it would take 50 years if they did that twice a year. If they Rved say 2000% then it would take 25 years if they did that twice a year.

I think everyone sees my point. Really my whole point with this post is to get opinions and thoughts on where we go from here and how it would be possible for us to make money on this instead of our great great great great grandchildren if we keep passing down our dinar.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 4

I must say if IF i cashed out now i would make a very, VERY small profit as i purchased my IQD at the very start of this roller coaster. Hell my butt is so sore from the ride i have a heck of a time just sitting down to type this.

Many invested early so a small appreciation in value would give a good return for a few million.

It just depends on how long you can resist temptation before you cash out.

Just remember this

The ones that cash out early will only help the ones that can wait a bit longer, the more the CBI gain back at a very low rate will be more beneficial to them in raising the value over a shorter period.

Thus leaving the IQD in the future at a very respectable rate

Patients is a virtue my friend ;)

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Ha ha ha OUCH! I said please! geez.

Threw ya a couple +s. Thanks Bee.

You bring up a funny point actually. If the "LOP" is a no go then is there really a need for a "LOP" section?

Maybe they can create a "negative people who do believe the way we do" section.

• Upvote 1

Threw ya a couple +s. Thanks Bee.

You bring up a funny point actually. If the "LOP" is a no go then is there really a need for a "LOP" section?

Maybe they can create a "negative people who do believe the way we do" section.

True that. I do know one thing, I like to read different/oppposite opinions from those who seem to have some knowledge of what they are speaking of. It helps to keep me balanced and you never know what someone will throw into the mix, something you've never considered before. Glad you are still around.

• Upvote 2

Hopefully we can keep seeing small incremental increases in value like the increase from 1170 to 1166. I can't see how a 100,000% increase in value is possible anytime soon but hopefully this is a sign they plan on letting it grow on its own or even a reasonable RV is in the future. 35% would be awesome at this point. I'd love to see 10 cents one day where we make an awesome profit rather than a $1 post lop value where we don't even break even.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hopefully we can keep seeing small incremental increases in value like the increase from 1170 to 1166. I can't see how a 100,000% increase in value is possible anytime soon but hopefully this is a sign they plan on letting it grow on its own or even a reasonable RV is in the future. 35% would be awesome at this point. I'd love to see 10 cents one day where we make an awesome profit rather than a $1 post lop value where we don't even break even.

10 cents would be awsome but that would be over a 10,000% increase. How long would that take? Seems to me a very long time.

Agreed... I have been thinking that myself at least for a year now.

I do want to add this.....there are several pro RVers out there that I enjoy reading but don't give kudos to like I should. It's probably because they don't get bashed like the lopsters do, and bashing just brings out the mamma bear in me. ROAR!!!! Peace everyone. :)

Sweet....and right imo.

• Upvote 1

I wish I knew when or if it could ever reach that value. I don't see how it could be anytime soon with the amount still in circulation plus the enormous amount that would be paid out to investors. I'd like to think its possible in the next 10 years but I don't know enough at this point to even make an educated guess. I'm just thrilled at this point to see any upswing in value but alot will depend on stability over there plus their ability to back up any increase with their reserves. I'm at least more hopeful now that we'll make some decent profit in the future. I'd settle for being able to pay off my house!

• Upvote 3

I wish I knew when or if it could ever reach that value. I don't see how it could be anytime soon with the amount still in circulation plus the enormous amount that would be paid out to investors. I'd like to think its possible in the next 10 years but I don't know enough at this point to even make an educated guess. I'm just thrilled at this point to see any upswing in value but alot will depend on stability over there plus their ability to back up any increase with their reserves. I'm at least more hopeful now that we'll make some decent profit in the future. I'd settle for being able to pay off my house!

Yeah. This is the reason I started this post. To start a discussion on how fast the value could rise. If I am not mistaken they went from 4000 to 1166 in 9 years. I suck at math but that is a pretty big increase in less than ten years. I was really hoping to get responses from people who have been here since the beggining and remember how those jumps happened and when.

The problem like you have already pointed out is the massive amount of dinar in cirulation and in exsistence now. This is something that needs to be considered when speculating how how fast the value can rise.

• Upvote 1

Yeah. This is the reason I started this post. To start a discussion on how fast the value could rise. If I am not mistaken they went from 4000 to 1166 in 9 years. I suck at math but that is a pretty big increase in less than ten years. I was really hoping to get responses from people who have been here since the beggining and remember how those jumps happened and when.

The problem like you have already pointed out is the massive amount of dinar in cirulation and in exsistence now. This is something that needs to be considered when speculating how how fast the value can rise.

Your are correct. IQD has appreciated in value significantly. IQD is an undervalued and a non tradeable currency TODAY.:D

Your are correct. IQD has appreciated in value significantly. IQD is an undervalued and a non tradeable currency TODAY.:D

I would disagree with it being undervalued. With 60 trillion in exsistence it is still in a hyperinflated state and valued based on how many dinar there are and the amount of reserves to back them. My question is how does Iraq change this problem so that they can raise the value.

I would disagree with it being undervalued. With 60 trillion in exsistence it is still in a hyperinflated state and valued based on how many dinar there are and the amount of reserves to back them. My question is how does Iraq change this problem so that they can raise the value.

\

Well they were able to bump up the rate by four pips....what was that all about? It's still an increase.

No worries. We respectfully disagree. Be well.

\

Well they were able to bump up the rate by four pips....what was that all about? It's still an increase.

Thar four pip rise was intentional. I take that as a very good sign.

I do believe that with the talk now of the LOP fading to our rear that leaves only one thing. It leaves us with RV's that will be hefty in nature. My gut tells me that in order for Iraq to become a successful economic power house of the middle east then they would have to have a currency that is stronger and steady like the countries around them. Take a look at the United States when our dollar was strong and backed by gold. Our standard of living was the envy of the world untill other countries caught up to us.

Why would a free Iraq want to wallow in the waist of a currency that isn't worth the paper it is printed on. I am one to beleive that as their economy works to mend its self they will allow the Dinar to follow suit. I feel this will be especially true as their oil exports rise over the next few years. This could be the equivalent to the gold back Dollar.

I feel that this scenario would be more prudent than the others I read above. Let's hope for the best.

Also, I fear the reason the that things are in a lull has to do with Iran the neighbor next door.I feel the sooner Iran get itss house back in order then Iraq will follow suit and the you will see a stronger RV.

• Upvote 2

\

Of course I am not saying that they cannot move the exchange rate. I am only saying that they cannot move in by any significant amount overnight. 4 pips isnt much to even talk about and I only think they did it in an attempt to strengthen the value of the dinar in the face of a huge demand for dollars as they slipped across their borders. That demand for dollars actually lessened the actual value of the dinar so the CBI stepped in. In their own words that action failed. What does this tell us? Well for one it tells us that they cannot declare the dinar to be valued at whatever they want all of a sudden. It is in a hyperinflated state so basically all they can do is attempt to keep it stable by instituting auctions to keep USD in high supply which lowers its demand effectively keeping the value of the dinar stable. This is how their system works and as long as there is 60 trillion dinar in exsistence and they are pegged to the dollar then this is how it will continue to work.

Again my question is to everyone, how can they change this system and raise the value of the dinar in a short enough amount of time for us to profit.

I have already read opinions on how the RD not happening means a massive upcoming RV but that is fantasy. It is a complete impossibility for them to RV out of a hyperinflated state overnight. Anyone who disagrees please explain LOGICALLY how it can be done. Otherwise lets please discuss reality and try and think of ways other than economic delusion that may make some money for us here.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Of course I am not saying that they cannot move the exchange rate. I am only saying that they cannot move in by any significant amount overnight. 4 pips isnt much to even talk about and I only think they did it in an attempt to strengthen the value of the dinar in the face of a huge demand for dollars as they slipped across their borders. That demand for dollars actually lessened the actual value of the dinar so the CBI stepped in. In their own words that action failed. What does this tell us? Well for one it tells us that they cannot declare the dinar to be valued at whatever they want all of a sudden. It is in a hyperinflated state so basically all they can do is attempt to keep it stable by instituting auctions to keep USD in high supply which lowers its demand effectively keeping the value of the dinar stable. This is how their system works and as long as there is 60 trillion dinar in exsistence and they are pegged to the dollar then this is how it will continue to work.

Again my question is to everyone, how can they change this system and raise the value of the dinar in a short enough amount of time for us to profit.

I have already read opinions on how the RD not happening means a massive upcoming RV but that is fantasy. It is a complete impossibility for them to RV out of a hyperinflated state overnight. Anyone who disagrees please explain LOGICALLY how it can be done. Otherwise lets please discuss reality and try and think of ways other than economic delusion that may make some money for us here.

so you are wrong about the RD and now you are trying to justify it through telling us yea they will RV but they cant RV anywhere near close to a dollar in a short amount of time, listen i dont claim to know how they can do it nor do i give a sh**, all i care is that they do it you on the other hand think they cant for some reason but tell us you were so sure they were gonna RD so now what? you are only limiting yourself and living in your own pride dinarick come out of it please and join the rest of us really its ok, stop being confined to your own thinking and open your mind anything is possible. You won't get the answer you seek because lets face it you already have it made up in your own mind what they cant do so please inform us whats the real reason why you started this thread?

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

so you are wrong about the RD and now you are trying to justify it through telling us yea they will RV but they cant RV anywhere near close to a dollar listen i dont claim to know how they can do nor do i give a sh**, all i care is that they do it you on the other hand think they cant for some reason but tell us you were so sure they were gonna RD so now what? you are only limiting yourself and living in your own pride dinarick come out of it please and join the rest of us really its ok, stop being confined to your own thinking and open your mind anything is possible. You won't get the answer you seek because lets face it you already have it made up in your own mind what they cant do so please inform us whats the real reason why you started this thread?

Well, once again easy joins us with absolutely nothing to bring.

I have said a billion times that they may or may not RD and I am here waiting to see if they will or not. I have said a billion times that if they dont then the value could rise slowly over a long period of time.

What have you said easy? Nothing but fairytales based off ignorance of economics.

Do you want me to say that I was wrong about them RDing after they have said 500 thousand times in the last 2 years that they are going to? The whole time you thought removing zeros was a RV. Give me a break. You come here like you are the man who knows everything yet you cant even begin to answer any of the relevant questions that I am asking or even begin to explain what a RV is or how one is possible. All you can say is that you dont care how it is possible as long as they do it? Hahaha.... How typical is that from you easy?

I tell you what. Why dont you stay in lala land where you belong since you cannot even comprehend what is being said here anyway. If you were even capable of having a rational thought you might make a good addition to the discussion of this topic. It is unfortunate that you are way too far gone to ever come back to reality. By the way, what happened to many of the people smart enough to engage in actual debate? O yeah, they were banned or banished here until they lost intrest in the sight. What does that tell you about the dinar world easy?

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

I have said a billion times that they may or may not RD and I am here waiting to see if they will or not. I have said a billion times that if they dont then the value could rise slowly over a long period of time.

What have you said easy? Nothing but fairytales based off ignorance of economics.

Do you want me to say that I was wrong about them RDing after they have said 500 thousand times in the last 2 years that they are going to? The whole time you thought removing zeros was a RV. Give me a break. You come here like you are the man who knows everything yet you cant even begin to answer any of the relevant questions that I am asking or even begin to explain what a RV is or how one is possible. All you can say is that you dont care how it is possible as long as they do it? Hahaha.... How typical is that from you easy?

I tell you what. Why dont you stay in lala land where you belong since you cannot even comprehend what is being said here anyway. If you were even capable of having a rational thought you might make a good addition to the discussion of this topic. It is unfortunate that you are way too far gone to ever come back to reality. By the way, what happened to many of the people smart enough to engage in actual debate? O yeah, they were banned or banished here until they lost intrest in the sight. What does that tell you about the dinar world easy?

If i didnt know better dinarick i would have thought you were some great renown economist that went to harvard and sat right next to shabbibi but ya know i guess i was wrong because well you have been wrong all along and you will see that in the end good luck and in the future this will teach you to have more of an open mind, like i said i dont claim to know the mechanisms on how they will achieve the revalue nor do i really care because i have no interest in economists nor do i want to but you have no clue who i talk with or what i do know, you know some people wont reveal everything on forums and put people at jeparody you keep believing those Rd articles ok?

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

Frankly, a lot of our good people decided to move on because they were tired of arguing with people who did nothing but try to spin negative on everything that was posted on DV. They are still out there, and still believe very much in this investment. They just got tired of arguing with people who think they know everything, and want to try to start a bashing session, no matter how good the article. There are still a lot of extremely knowledgable people on DV, they just choose not to waste their time in this section. I rarely come here just because of the kind of comments you just made. No reason for positive people to waste time here. :wave:

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

If i didnt know better dinarick i would have thought you were some great renown economist that went to harvard and sat right next to shabbibi but ya know i guess i was wrong because well you have been wrong all along and you will see that in the end good luck and in the future this will teach you to have more of an open mind, like i said i dont claim to know the mechanisms on how they will achieve the revalue nor do i really care because i have no interest in economists nor do i want to but you have no clue who i talk with or what i do know, you know some people wont reveal everything on forums and put people at jeparody you keep believing those Rd articles ok?

So a guy heavily invested in a foreign currency has no intrest in economics. Why am I not surprised?

It doesnt take a Harvard grad economist to know that massive RVs dont exsist. Only common sense which you seem to lack.

Shabibi knows better than anyone that they cannot RV out of a hyperinflated state but I am sure he apprieciates the likes of you keeping the hype going so that he can continue to sell dinar to "investors" & grow his reserves further.

Give it a rest easy. You cant hang with me. You have zero ability to carry on a real converstaion. You are much better suited for the rumor section where your mentality flourishes.

Frankly, a lot of our good people decided to move on because they were tired of arguing with people who did nothing but try to spin negative on everything that was posted on DV. They are still out there, and still believe very much in this investment. They just got tired of arguing with people who think they know everything, and want to try to start a bashing session, no matter how good the article. There are still a lot of extremely knowledgable people on DV, they just choose not to waste their time in this section. I rarely come here just because of the kind of comments you just made. No reason for positive people to waste time here. :wave:

Really? I simply started a thread on a topic that I see as important and was attacked by easy. You know easy right? One of your "positive" people that you speak of.

Now, please join the disscusion and give your thoughts on my original post or please dont bother with your opinions about me. This thread isnt about me. It is about how Iraq can increase the value of the dinar. Why has this fact been overlooked? Do you think maybe its because nobody has any answers? Maybe its because nobody cares as long as they do it. Hahah

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3