Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Delete 3 Zeros? Top 38 Countries have equivalent of $60 Trillion USD in Circulation. COMBINED.

Pastor Tom

Absolutely. The Central Bank of Iraq has indicated over 30 trillion dinar (www.cbi.iq or many articles from local and international papers). The real questions are how many dinar currently can be found outside the bank and also outside the country. Half? One thirds? Two thirds? If even 2 trillion are in circulation outside the bank it very likely blows this investment into high heavens:( You have to consider that the US only has slightly over $850 billion total in circulation outside of banks at any given moment. I'd really appreciate some sincere help on overcoming the problems this issue presents us.

With all due respect you are going by what you read as accurate in terms of IRAQ's monitary supply. They have been taking the higher notes out of circulation for some time now. Yet another thing you might want to consider is that by raising the value they loose nothing.

This is a hard thing for most to understand but try. If I sell you something today and you give me .10 for it. Now tomorrow I say the value is 1.00. The loss is not when the amount is recreated. The amount of value is on both sides of the trade. Think about that for a little while. TRADE is equal even if the value goes up.

There is a lot which goes into a country RVing and this RV is not only easy to consider, it is very much required for IRAQ to find stability economically within the ME. Read as much as you can and watch videos from as reliable a resource as you can find before making any speculation. In the end this is a speculative investment. If you dont believe in what you find get out. Considering economics 101 this seems like a no brainer.

Peace.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

With all due respect you are going by what you read as accurate in terms of IRAQ's monitary supply. They have been taking the higher notes out of circulation for some time now. Yet another thing you might want to consider is that by raising the value they loose nothing.

This is a hard thing for most to understand but try. If I sell you something today and you give me .10 for it. Now tomorrow I say the value is 1.00. The loss is not when the amount is recreated.

Right, the loss is when I sell it back to you and you pay me $1 when I only paid you $0.10 . Whether its Dinars from the local economy being exchange to import things, or whether its Dinars from outside speculators, the CBI only has $60B USD to back their currency which would run out in the first five minutes after an RV to $1. There is also no evidence that the money supply has been drastically lowered, and even if it had been reduced say by 10x so only 3T in circulation (a ridiculous value), that is still 50 times more then the CBI has to back it. It is actually quite easy to understand. Also the CBI has to back the currency in M2, not just M1 (so its ~72T not "only" ~30T). Edited by dvforumuser

rand, i think i can speak for all who see this investment as serious, and feel there is a good shot at this hitting,

your embarrassing yourself, and giving the rd crowd reason for calling us all dumb, please stop.

I know we don't often agree on things, but you definitely hit the nail on the head with that one... +1 for obvious reasons.. :lol:

wow, then maybe you need to get a new hobby because thats just sad lol

I don't need a new hobby. I have plenty of them. What i do need is a logical explanation of how a $1,000 investment is going to turn into $1,000,000 overnight. So far all I get from the RV'ers is how we can't trust anything being written, we can't trust anything the CBI states, we can't trust any of the info coming out of Iraq. But yet I'm supposed to trust some guru who hides their identity, won't give us their credentials, and says we're all going to be rich beyond our wildest dreams. Don't get me wrong, I hope all of that is true. I'm just having a hard time believing that it is.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The Haliburton employees know nothing more then we do.....they are speculating just the same!!!

This does still have to do with some degree of economics and common sense.....they do still prevail most of the time....

Ok, I've beent reading this stuff for over a year. People throw the term economics around all the time like it's applied the same everywhere - it's not. I'm just using general prices for comparison and not 'actual prices' with regard to what items cost in Iraq. For example, when the dinar rv's it won't rv in country it simply means that their currency is now worth more on a similar basis to other currencies world-wide. For example, if they have 1 trillion dinar and it rv's at 1:1 they don't have $1 trillion US they have the equivalent to $1 trillion US. Does that make sense? If we take our dinar and cash in on a 1:1 they arent out more, they are out the same. For example, a few years ago when we'd drive through Canada the exchange rate favored the US dollar over the CD. So, when I exchanged $100US into CD I received CD135. My $1 was still only worth $1 to me and would still buy a $1 worth of goods in the US, but when I travelled in Canada it was worth more. Same as Iraq will hopefully be. Again, the RV is a global comparison of their currency to others. Iraqi citizens won't all of a sudden be making more money IN Iraq but they will remain the same pay. Where they will see a difference is when they buy imported goods, the price will be going down. So instead of bread costing 1000 dinar it will certainly cost less. At the same time, they will travel more because their money will be worth more outside of Iraq. The same thing has happened with other country's currencies as they advance against the dollar. Japan did this when their exchange went up (no not an rv) and they bought property all over the United States.... and the Seattle Mariners.

So, enough rambling. I expect the dinar to not RV or RD or LOP. I expect it to go up gradually over a period of time after an initial bump. To me, that is how the economics work. The dinar will continue to rise until - globally - it is at a point that is commiserate to their internal worth.

Ok, I've beent reading this stuff for over a year. People throw the term economics around all the time like it's applied the same everywhere - it's not. I'm just using general prices for comparison and not 'actual prices' with regard to what items cost in Iraq. For example, when the dinar rv's it won't rv in country it simply means that their currency is now worth more on a similar basis to other currencies world-wide. For example, if they have 1 trillion dinar and it rv's at 1:1 they don't have $1 trillion US they have the equivalent to $1 trillion US. Does that make sense? If we take our dinar and cash in on a 1:1 they arent out more, they are out the same. For example, a few years ago when we'd drive through Canada the exchange rate favored the US dollar over the CD. So, when I exchanged $100US into CD I received CD135. My $1 was still only worth $1 to me and would still buy a $1 worth of goods in the US, but when I travelled in Canada it was worth more. Same as Iraq will hopefully be. Again, the RV is a global comparison of their currency to others. Iraqi citizens won't all of a sudden be making more money IN Iraq but they will remain the same pay. Where they will see a difference is when they buy imported goods, the price will be going down. So instead of bread costing 1000 dinar it will certainly cost less. At the same time, they will travel more because their money will be worth more outside of Iraq. The same thing has happened with other country's currencies as they advance against the dollar. Japan did this when their exchange went up (no not an rv) and they bought property all over the United States.... and the Seattle Mariners.

So, enough rambling. I expect the dinar to not RV or RD or LOP. I expect it to go up gradually over a period of time after an initial bump. To me, that is how the economics work. The dinar will continue to rise until - globally - it is at a point that is commiserate to their internal worth.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.

Take an Iraqi that currently makes 4,000,000 dinar per year, and say that a locally made loaf of bread costs 500 dinar, and a new Honda imported from Japan costs 25,000,000 dinar.

What do you think those three numbers will become after the RV?

Take an Iraqi that currently makes 4,000,000 dinar per year, and say that a locally made loaf of bread costs 500 dinar, and a new Honda imported from Japan costs 25,000,000 dinar.

My guess is that those numbers would stay about the same due to the amount of inflation an RV of that magnitude would cause, essentially leaving the Iraqi people in the same position they are in right now.

Recently I was inspired by a widow in my congragation who is also

invested in dinars to conduct a little research. This has created a

grave concern in my mind. How can we justify the potential of

the RV of what the CBI estimatesas between 30-33 trillion dinar

in current circulation?

I have zero hidden agendas, I've asked the question to Okie's website

and was banned and another website the moderator sent me a private

message to go "blank" myself after a recpectful post addressing my

question, finally another moderator accused me of being a raging

liberal rather than spending one word addressing the question.

Here is what I've researched and learned. According to the

article, Global Money Supply Update by Mike Hewitt, I'm troubled by

the fact that the total combined value when converted to USD of the

top 38 countries that make up 89.6% of the world's GDP and 65.1% of

the world's population can total $60.2 trillion total world wide. How

can Iraq RV their 30 trillion dinar to equal 30 trillion US dallors (1

to 1 ratio)?

I've heard that deleting zeros" means gathering large denoms up wihin

Iraq and replacing them with lower. But, this dosen't effect the # of

dinars in circulation. Then trading oil for funny money over the next

decade and removing it from circulation along with whatever the

balance of dinars the CBI was holding at the time of RV. OR THEY COULD

SIMPLY DO WHAT THEY SAID THEY WOULD DO AND DELETE THE ZEROS? Thus,

25,000 dinar becomes 25 dinar. This would create parody between the

amount of currency in circulation when converted to USD in relation to

population as say...gee, Kauait and Saudi Arabia.

Again my source is: Global Money Supply Update by Mike Hewitt

Granted Wikipedia isn't the end all be all in the search for truth.

But the below is from Wikipedia.com. These numbers tie in with the

article listed above. However they represent the currency outside the

banks at any given time...ie: cash/bank notes.

"Total currency in circulationIn 1990, total currency in circulation

passed 1 trillion USD. After 12 years, in 2002 this total money supply

in the world was 2 trillion USD. And just after 6 years, in 2008, this

money supply increased to 4 trillion USD.

European Union - 1035.2 billion USD, 24.30%

USA - 850.7 billion USD, 19.97%

Japan - 762.4 billion USD, 17.90%

China - 492.3 billion USD, 11.56%

India - 140.3 billion USD, 3.29%

Russia - 110.8 billion USD, 2.60%

UK - 87.5 billion USD, 2.05%

Canada - 43.8 billion USD, 1.03%

Switzerland - 40.3 billion USD, 0.95%

Poland - 37.7 billion USD, 0.89%

Brazil - 37.3 billion USD, 0.88%

Mexico - 34.3 billion USD, 0.81%

Australia - 32.4 billion USD, 0.76%

Other countries - 554.9 billion USD, 13.03%[3]"

How is Iraq going to RV 1-30 trillion dinar at anything above 1 USD if

it would vastly out number all other countries?

I really care and am asking an honest question. I'm sorry it may rub

certain people in the "dinar kingdom" the wrong way. Please help....

Warm Regards,

Pastor Tom

Links:

My link

My link

My link

My link

Show me where there is still 30 trillion dinar in circulation. Have you heard of the CBI auctions sir? Just asking, respecfully.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Sorry if it's confusing. I'm just trying to make it as simple as possible using simple terms to a complex issue. When the Japanese Yen took off years ago, Japanese businessmen who weren't millionaire's in Japan were - because of the exchange rate to USD - millionaires according to US standards. So, to answer your question, inflation would be a huge consideration as would tariffs on goods coming into the country. So the pay for the Iraqi would be in dinars, bread would remain about the same because it's produced locally but the cost of a Honda would be much, much less and more equivalent to what they cost in the US. That is why we're seeing articles about auto makers wanting to build autos in Iraq. They (the auto makers) will avoid some of the tariffs just as in the US where Honda, Toyota, etc. have plants in the US to avoid tariffs on vehicles coming into the country.

Sorry if it's confusing. I'm just trying to make it as simple as possible using simple terms to a complex issue. When the Japanese Yen took off years ago, Japanese businessmen who weren't millionaire's in Japan were - because of the exchange rate to USD - millionaires according to US standards. So, to answer your question, inflation would be a huge consideration as would tariffs on goods coming into the country. So the pay for the Iraqi would be in dinars, bread would remain about the same because it's produced locally but the cost of a Honda would be much, much less and more equivalent to what they cost in the US. That is why we're seeing articles about auto makers wanting to build autos in Iraq. They (the auto makers) will avoid some of the tariffs just as in the US where Honda, Toyota, etc. have plants in the US to avoid tariffs on vehicles coming into the country.

This can't work. In economics its called the Law Of One Price. If a Honda costs 25,000 times a loaf of bread in Kuwait, but only 25 times a loaf of bread across the border in Iraq, then there will be an instant huge trade of bread coming in from Kuwait (via the black market if need be) to take advantage of that gigantic price differential. Price of everything, whether domestically produced or imported will have to come down by about the same amount as this big RV (so 1000x ). Same with wages, loans, or financial contracts of any kind. But how? The GOI has no authority to adjust contracts. Vendors will be able to change their prices, but anything in a contract specified in dinars seems very problematic. It would be total chaos. Edited by dvforumuser

This can't work. In economics its called the Law Of One Price. If a Honda costs 25,000 times a loaf of bread in Kuwait, but only 25 times a loaf of bread across the border in Iraq, then there will be an instant huge trade of bread coming in from Kuwait (via the black market if need be) to take advantage of that gigantic price differential. Price of everything, whether domestically produced or imported will have to come down by about the same amount as this big RV (so 1000x ). Same with wages, loans, or financial contracts of any kind. But how? The GOI has no authority to adjust contracts. Vendors will be able to change their prices, but anything in a contract specified in dinars seems very problematic. It would be total chaos.

I don't believe the "law of one price" is applicable in this situation. One reason for a delay in increasing the value of the dinar is that Iraq doesn't have the necessary laws in place. My examples were based on currency fluctuations between countries so we know that it does happen. It also happens between states where - for example - people in Washington used to buy their cars in Oregon to avoid paying sales tax on the purchase. They could do that until..... the government (the State of Washington) changed the law that now makes this impossible (legally).

I don't believe the "law of one price" is applicable in this situation. One reason for a delay in increasing the value of the dinar is that Iraq doesn't have the necessary laws in place. My examples were based on currency fluctuations between countries so we know that it does happen. It also happens between states where - for example - people in Washington used to buy their cars in Oregon to avoid paying sales tax on the purchase. They could do that until..... the government (the State of Washington) changed the law that now makes this impossible (legally).

Right, and that was only for the sales tax (8% or so?). The delta between Iraq and any near by country that is being contemplated here is 100,000%. i don't think making it illegal to import anything that is also made locally will be much of an impetiment. Further I don't think the GOI has the constitutional authority to step in and adjust price, wages, contracts, etc. They can issue laws about tariffs, border crossing, and so on, but that's different than mandating how a loan payment or principle will be changed.

Further (and I've given this example before) take two guys who have each saved up 250,000 Dinars to buy a used motorbike. One buys before the RV the other procrastinates and the RV happens before he makes his purchase. So now one has a roughly $250 used motorbike and the other $250,000 dollars. Is the first guy just going to say "oh well, that's life"? Suppose he is a Sunni and the the now rich guy is a Shiite (like the government). It will be instant chaos and bloodshed.

Show me where there is still 30 trillion dinar in circulation. Have you heard of the CBI auctions sir? Just asking, respecfully.

Solid, logical question. Thank you. My primary source of info for establishing this number is the Central Bank of Iraq (link: http://cbi.iq/documents/Annual_2010f.pdf) This report internal report was shows 27 trillion dinar in world wide circulation and growing each fiscal quarter. Both national and international news papers have estimated the number to currently be 28-33 trillion. I have chosen to us 30 trillion dinar in current circulation as a round and safe number.

Does anyone have solid info on "petro dollars" or any agreement between the US and Iraq for discount oil paid in dinar? Looking hard for solid info on these topics.

Have you heard of the CBI website sir? The auctions dont remove dinar from circulation. I know your local guru would love for you to believe so and it seems they have succeeded but the auctions are simply daily business for Iraq. Dinar is bought with USD and then put right back into the economy through salaries and such.

• Downvote 1

There is no documentation to support that the auctions are removing any dinar from circulation on any regular basis... There was an article not too long ago that referred to them removing a large number of dinar from circulation in an effort to stabilize the value of the IQD, but there is nothing that shows that removal of currency using the auctions is an ongoing effort...

Unfortunately, the only item that we have to rely on for this information is the MS Excel file available from the CBI website (LINK) which many don't want to accept as accurate, but unfortunately it really is the only data that we have available to us...

The most recent update was to February's numbers and it states 28,035 billion dinars (28.035 trillion) is in currency outside of the banks, with another 4,633 billion (4.633 trillion) dinar residing in bank vaults. That puts the total they claim to be almost 33 trillion dinar in overall circulation outside of the CBI.

The last thing that anyone hoping for a large rv is that those numbers are accurate... But there simply has been nothing provided that shows that they are actually removing dinar from circulation by means of the auctions. The auctions are stated in the media to be for the buying and selling of foreign currency, with a small fee payable to the CBI for the transactions. That process seems to be how they are, slowly but surely, increasing their foreign currency reserves...

Right, and that was only for the sales tax (8% or so?). The delta between Iraq and any near by country that is being contemplated here is 100,000%. i don't think making it illegal to import anything that is also made locally will be much of an impetiment. Further I don't think the GOI has the constitutional authority to step in and adjust price, wages, contracts, etc. They can issue laws about tariffs, border crossing, and so on, but that's different than mandating how a loan payment or principle will be changed.

Further (and I've given this example before) take two guys who have each saved up 250,000 Dinars to buy a used motorbike. One buys before the RV the other procrastinates and the RV happens before he makes his purchase. So now one has a roughly $250 used motorbike and the other $250,000 dollars. Is the first guy just going to say "oh well, that's life"? Suppose he is a Sunni and the the now rich guy is a Shiite (like the government). It will be instant chaos and bloodshed.

But stuff like that happens anytime. What if I sold my Microsoft stock before it went through the roof and my friend didn't? Again, unless the other guy who didn't buy the bike goes to another country to spend his money then he still has 250,000 dinars.

With regard to the GOI, do any of us know - honestly -what they can and can't do? What laws (if any) they've passed and not released? Same with the amount of dinars in circulation. Are they telling us the truth about the amount of dinars in circulation? Until I see something from the IMF or World Bank saying what they have outside their bank in circulation then I'm not going to take the numbers the CBI releases as face value.

I bought my dinars when my brother-in-law told me about it and I think this whole issue is fascinating and I'm hopeful that we can all make money. But there are so many questions that NONE of us have an answer to that it is fun to hypothesize about what is going on.

dvforumuser - you've got some great information and I hope you don't think I'm playing point/counter point - as I mentioned above, I find this fascinating because whatever happens is something not seen in my lifetime.

But stuff like that happens anytime. What if I sold my Microsoft stock before it went through the roof and my friend didn't? Again, unless the other guy who didn't buy the bike goes to another country to spend his money then he still has 250,000 dinars.

With regard to the GOI, do any of us know - honestly -what they can and can't do? What laws (if any) they've passed and not released? Same with the amount of dinars in circulation. Are they telling us the truth about the amount of dinars in circulation? Until I see something from the IMF or World Bank saying what they have outside their bank in circulation then I'm not going to take the numbers the CBI releases as face value.

I bought my dinars when my brother-in-law told me about it and I think this whole issue is fascinating and I'm hopeful that we can all make money. But there are so many questions that NONE of us have an answer to that it is fun to hypothesize about what is going on.

dvforumuser - you've got some great information and I hope you don't think I'm playing point/counter point - as I mentioned above, I find this fascinating because whatever happens is something not seen in my lifetime.

Yes this whole investment is fascinating but, why is that? My question is why would Iraq be any different than any other country that has gone before them? What is so different about Iraq that would cause them to go a completely different route to eliminate their hyperinflated currency?

Yes this whole investment is fascinating but, why is that? My question is why would Iraq be any different than any other country that has gone before them? What is so different about Iraq that would cause them to go a completely different route to eliminate their hyperinflated currency?

Simply put, I believe Iraq is different because of their tremendous amount of potential wealth. They don't need to lop they can just let the currency market - and global market - dictate what their currency is worth. The only reason they would RV at a higher rate would be to bring more goods into the country - that the Iraqi's can afford - to increase their standard of living. If nothing else, the Arabs are fiercely competitive and I believe it causes political problems with the GOI given that they have to suck up to Kuwait to get out of Chapter 7. In addition, the standard of living in Kuwait is hugely better than the Iraqi's. So, they need to do something and what makes the most sense is to let their currency go up by itself. Honestly, I don't know how they would explain to their citizens that the 25,000 note is worth 25. I'm fairly educated (depends on who you ask) and I would have a tough time having our government telling me my 100 bill is now a 1 bill but don't worry it's worth the same? Huh?

Lastly, the fact that the population is very simple (not a bad thing) and the GOI is precariously situated, they simply can't afford to have the population rise up against them if they RD. It would be an instant revolt and all politicians would be fleeing the country. So, I'm watching and I'm waiting to see how this ends.... just like everybody else that has invested. By the way, I live in a town of about 30,000 in a remote state and I don't know ANYBODY who has invested in dinar but I do hear all the time about people investing in IPO's, stocks, and metals. The reason I say that is I don't think the dinar held outside Iraq is worrisome to them at all. We're probably just a statistical blip to them.

Simply put, I believe Iraq is different because of their tremendous amount of potential wealth. They don't need to lop they can just let the currency market - and global market - dictate what their currency is worth. The only reason they would RV at a higher rate would be to bring more goods into the country - that the Iraqi's can afford - to increase their standard of living. If nothing else, the Arabs are fiercely competitive and I believe it causes political problems with the GOI given that they have to suck up to Kuwait to get out of Chapter 7. In addition, the standard of living in Kuwait is hugely better than the Iraqi's. So, they need to do something and what makes the most sense is to let their currency go up by itself. Honestly, I don't know how they would explain to their citizens that the 25,000 note is worth 25. I'm fairly educated (depends on who you ask) and I would have a tough time having our government telling me my 100 bill is now a 1 bill but don't worry it's worth the same? Huh?

Lastly, the fact that the population is very simple (not a bad thing) and the GOI is precariously situated, they simply can't afford to have the population rise up against them if they RD. It would be an instant revolt and all politicians would be fleeing the country. So, I'm watching and I'm waiting to see how this ends.... just like everybody else that has invested. By the way, I live in a town of about 30,000 in a remote state and I don't know ANYBODY who has invested in dinar but I do hear all the time about people investing in IPO's, stocks, and metals. The reason I say that is I don't think the dinar held outside Iraq is worrisome to them at all. We're probably just a statistical blip to them.

This is where basic economics do apply......if you throw something severely inflated or diluted into the market, what do you think it possibly could be worth?? If its as common as the air we breathe, there isnt going to be much value to it.....thats part of the problem with the dinar now....it has no value because its diluted...the money supply needs to be brought under control and hell their economy isnt even diversified enough to not have to rely stricktly on oil which is an issue for them that they have talked about over and over.

When they can build up the other sectors and bring in other revenues besides oil, then they can think about letting the market determine the value of the dinar. But until then (which will take some time) staying a pegged currency is pretty much their only option.....and pegged currencies rely heavily on reserves to back the value.....they surely dont have anything close to enough in reserves to move the value of the dinar significantly....

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

But stuff like that happens anytime. What if I sold my Microsoft stock before it went through the roof and my friend didn't?

But first there is no way any stock gets 1000x its value overnight, and 2nd here its the government that is making millionaires out of some and not others. So its not their decision to hold a stock for the longer term or sell now its the government, so anyone who is against the government (e.g. Sunni's) that did not prosper will be (literal) up in arms over it.

Again, unless the other guy who didn't buy the bike goes to another country to spend his money then he still has 250,000 dinars.

But those 250,000 diinars now buy 1000 motor bikes. Clearly the guy that waits and has his cash RVd gets a huge advantage.

The IMF has been looking over the CBI's shoulder for years now. Do you really think the CBI would be giving fraudulent information to the WTO, IMF, UST, etc? I don't think that would be in their best interests at all.

Not at all! :) Actually there have been I think 11 RD's around the world since 2000, not even counting the Euro. The only reason this has even shown up on the radar is due to the US involvement. Had they managed to throw out Saddam on their own, this might not even make the news.

..if you were to ask me id say the auctions are the daily recirculation of iraqi currency that is used daily in iraq....the operating cost of the country of iraq is around an average of 175 million dollars a day ... or 175 billion dinars ....this is the money that is spent daily in the markets .. then the merchants deposit it at the end of the day and its auctioned off daily to the banks and they distribute it again that day .. then at the end of the day the merchants return to the bank and deposit it .. and the next day theres another auction... and this goes on and on every day ...its average now has gone up to around 200 billion dinars ..or 6 trillion dinars a month .. or 6 billion dollars .. almost what the govt takes in in oil revenues per month ...ever notice how the reserves are staying the same 60 billion dollars . i think its because they spend the 6 billiondollars a month they bring in on daily transactions ..it gives their dinar a value until it actually has one asigned to it .. a real value.. not this fake one its almost like they turn the us dollars into some kind of token "the dinar"that represents the dollar .. the new currency will be the real currency .

"My question is why would Iraq be any different than any other country that has gone before them?"...really:unsure: :blink::huh: when was the last time a country that was & then had RD'd received so much attention..cause apprarently this happens to be a unique situation :o

• Upvote 1

"My question is why would Iraq be any different than any other country that has gone before them?"...really:unsure: :blink::huh: when was the last time a country that was & then had RD'd received so much attention..cause apprarently this happens to be a unique situation :o

Why is iy unique? Is it because a whole industry has been created to sell dinar at rediculously marked up prices using hype on internet forums? I would say that is unique. Unfortunately there is no difference from Iraq and any other country that has suffered hyperinlfation in the past. They all have the same thing in common. Inflated money supplies. Iraq isn't special like pumpers have successfully brainwashed many into believing. They have to follow the same basic principles of economics as every country in the world. Not following those principles is what got them into the situation they are in now.

Just a thought... But do you think that Iraq gets much attention outside of US ( and coalition forces) and and Iraqi media???

JMO, but I doubt people across the globe are hearing much about Iraq, except maybe those that were either part of the original invasion force or those that were supporting forces... Everybody else probably doesn't care...