Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Kuwait-Maliki to cancel the deal «FAO» Partnership in exchange for «Mubarak»

yota691

Kuwait-Maliki to cancel the deal «FAO» Partnership in exchange for «Mubarak»

Topic has been read 28 times

Author: the future of Iraq

07.03.2012 0:00

The future of Iraq / special

before heading Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, to Kuwait, sources familiar with and close to the Oval Office, that «the partnership deal is equal prepared to put forward during his visit to Kuwait on the port of Mubarak after secret meetings between him and the Kuwaiti officials». The sources indicated that «the deal is to enter Iraq as a partner« strategic »with Kuwait in the management of the port and by up to 30% compared to that believes in Baghdad dry canal proposed to serve the port of Kuwait after the diversion and linking it». She noted that «there are agreements will take place, between Iraq and Kuwait on customs duties, transport and use, that canceled the idea of a port of Faw », adding that« this is the deal before the final solution to resolve the crisis ».

http://www.almustakbalpaper.net/ArticleShow.aspx?ID=18967

• Upvote 2

If i'm getting this right Kuwait and Iraq are going to work together to turn a profit and we're just about to turn the last page in CH-7.

Port Mubarak al-Maliki in a bag of Kuwait and sources indicate that the file will the partnership between the two countries

Date: Monday 05/03/2012 20:49

Baghdad _ Fares Sharifi

As he prepares Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki to go to a number of countries in the region on a visit to improve the atmosphere before the Arab Summit to be held in Baghdad at the end of this month, said Iraq's ambassador to Kuwait, that the agenda of the visit is not yet done, but the issue of port Mubarak will be among the that table, while informed sources revealed that Iraq and Kuwait is currently seeking to resolve the problem of finding a ground port new work in partnership in the management of this file. :twothumbs:

He said the Iraqi ambassador to Kuwait, Mohammad Hussein Bahr al-Ulum told (the citizen) that »Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki will visit Kuwait on the fourteenth of March, but the current agenda of the visit is not yet done»

Adding that »the visit comes as part of addressing the outstanding issues between the two countries and follow up what has been achieved during previous visits to the Prime Minister of the State of Kuwait»

Noting that «there are signs to discuss the Silver Port Mubarak, who was born and controversial point of debate between the two countries will be resolved in proportion to the national interests of the two ongoing»

To the sources familiar with Iraq that »there are letters sent by the Kuwaiti government and sent to their Iraqi counterparts inviting them to resolve the crisis, the port of Mubarak, according to commensurate with the interests of both countries« She said »Maliki's visit comes days to Kuwait after receiving those letters, which invites him to sit down with Sheikh Sabah al-Ahmad al Sabah, Emir of Kuwait and a solution to this file and a number of other files «The source believes that the solution of the Iraqi-Kuwaiti partnership through the administration file port. However, the Kuwaiti media recently indicated that the issue of the port would be far from the agenda of the upcoming visit al-Maliki.

And sources familiar with the newspaper «News» Kuwaiti Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki will arrive in Kuwait on 14 this, hoping that this visit strengthens ties between the two countries to be normal relations and good and far from any tension.

Regarding the files to be discussed by al-Maliki, the sources said that the discussions will focus on bilateral relations as well as the outstanding issues between the two countries. Sources and by asking whether the file will be discussed Port Mubarak, said: There is nothing we are discussing in this topic, and the port of Mubarak is and will remain and work is currently being. As for the Iraqi demands on the withdrawal of Iraq from Chapter VII, if raised Maliki this subject, said the sources that Kuwait is not a hand out of Iraq or into Chapter VII, but the decision is up to the United Nations, pointing to Iraq's implementation of full its obligations to Kuwait would lead to his release automatically from the Chapter VII.

http://translate.goo...view_37363.html

Read more:

Edited by yota691
  • Upvote 1

If i'm getting this right Kuwait and Iraq are going to work together to turn a profit and we're just about to turn the last page in CH-7.

This could be exactly what they do DEESEAN, back last summer I read where they were talking about this but the talks just stopped. I wonder if the report was what they were waiting for, well lets hope they do because it doesn't make much sense to have two major ports miles from each other. Shared cost and profits good.....can we say "debt pays for port investment"..sounds good to me.

This part is interesting and tells us what many of us have been saying for some time;..... after secret meetings between him and the Kuwaiti officials.......deals are made behind closed doors and we may not find out until some take place!

sources familiar with and close to the Oval Office,.....Before we know it they are going to start calling Maliki's house the White House too!....:lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Stryker365
  • Upvote 2

Yep wont be long we will be building a sand castle in DC for Maliki, Because weather we like it or not , The white house is a big part of what goes on in Iraq.And the White House plays a big role in this RV, when it does happen. Just my thoughts. :(

• Upvote 2

Good morning. It all makes business sense to do exactly what they are talking about.

Stryker, I like your idea of "debt pays for port investment"

GM Oleman, if Stryker is on point with this i think it's already a done deal and more should be revealed after Maliki attends his photo op on the 14th.

Good morning. It all makes business sense to do exactly what they are talking about.

Stryker, I like your idea of "debt pays for port investment"

Thanks oleman,

I woke this morning thinking we RV'd..I'm glad to have the dream over with now we need the reality of a nice RV to take place..:D .

Edited by Stryker365

Deesean you are correct I think there wil be lots of things revealed after the photo op. I will see you in 15.3 days. Not that I am counting or anything. :lol:

Stryker I agree, we can dream all we want but until it is "on paper" it is just that.

Deesean you are correct I think there wil be lots of things revealed after the photo op. I will see you in 15.3 days. Not that I am counting or anything. :lol:

Stryker I agree, we can dream all we want but until it is "on paper" it is just that.

Are you guys teaming up there or here....I have wondered if you guys have meet over there yet.....

Are you guys teaming up there or here....I have wondered if you guys have meet over there yet.....

Not yet Stryker. I don't think the world is ready for that yet.... Plus we'de start planning our drinking plans weeks before we go on R&R and that sir would be tragic for the soul. :lol:

Edited by DEESEAN

GM Oleman, if Stryker is on point with this i think it's already a done deal and more should be revealed after Maliki attends his photo op on the 14th.

I keep saying photo op and ribbon cutting as a half-intended joke, but perhaps the ribbon cutting really will apply to the port.

Easy enough! Form a "Port Authority", with board members from each country. Add an impartial 3rd party (UN, Oman, UAE, etc.) for tie-breaking on decisions, and share the profits.

The same theory would work for sharing oil profits with a National Oil Company.

Do I have to come over there and fix EVERYTHING?