Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Budget delays hinder Baghdad projects as province receives 1.6 trillion dinars

k98nights

That would be so nice right now:) I like your attitude and your thinking! Get it done.....

Thanks for the kind words. My thoughts (and the thoughts of others) are derived from the rapid progress Iraq has made in addition the apparent sense of urgency spurned by the upcoming Arab summit. Their pride prohibits them from being the poor kids on the block, especially when they are the hosts.

• Upvote 2

Do you really think that? I was more under the impression that they would hold off until the end of March. BUT, if the budget goes into effect on the 1st, then that would be AMAZING!! My question is::: If they DO put the budget into effect on the 1st, and we DON'T see the artificial program rate lifted, then what? Hmmmm....

By law it has to go into effect 7 days after approval!! Also we seen some article that has amendment's to retroactive back to Jan 1 2012, I'm thinking out loud

Edited by yota691
  • Upvote 1

20,500 past and counting, K98night, man you never sleep, eat, nor rest, I'd love to have had you as a commander on the battle field, the Psalms call us gods and now I'm certain of this, you must never get ill, K98 you're the man! Peace! In the Middle East. Thanks for being you and being on top of things. We will meet in Vagas I want to see you after Adam, then yota. :)

Do you really think that? I was more under the impression that they would hold off until the end of March. BUT, if the budget goes into effect on the 1st, then that would be AMAZING!! My question is::: If they DO put the budget into effect on the 1st, and we DON'T see the artificial program rate lifted, then what? Hmmmm....

Well that's the trillion dinar question, if they start spending the budget funds without making it real money we will be in for a longer wait IMO. See it really doesn't make sense for them to wait now that the citizens get their oil proceeds, so it would make sense that if we do not see the change it could be as long another year. Not what any of us want to hear but we need to be honest with our opinions here.

I have always thought that the longer the delays the better for the people, because the CBI has been able to build reserves. To me there must have been a good reason to keep the citizens waiting for what they have now approved for them. I don't care what other folks keep saying there are a lot of assets that Iraq has that we just don't know about, the real numbers of the DFI Funds held here and other seized funds from the Saddam and his Regime. I know you only ask me the one question but I feel that it is important that we know that the country has the value and IMO the wealth cannot be held back for ever so between all that we are seeing we should be there.

To me this is our best window we have ever had, and I have some of the best people saying the same thing, it looks like to me

Edited by Stryker365
  • Upvote 6

GM yota, Any time between now and March 1st is what I'm thinking too!!!!

GM, I am amazed that so many of us are in agreement on this!!!! Here is to a great week!

Alex there are a few that believe they would wait until the end of March because of the summit, but I am in the with the budget camp. The numbers don't work to well at the artificial rate unless they do like last year and not go ahead with some capital projects. Thus they ended up with a surplus and not a deficit. So we wait and watch. We will see jmho. Have a great day everyone! :) :) :)

Well that's the trillion dinar question, if they start spending the budget funds without making it real money we will be in for a longer wait IMO. See it really doesn't make sense for them to wait now that the citizens get their oil proceeds, so it would make sense that if we do not see the change it could be as long another year. Not what any of us want to hear but we need to be honest with our opinions here.

I have always thought that the longer the delays the better for the people, because the CBI has been able to build reserves. To me there must have been a good reason to keep the citizens waiting for what they have now approved for them. I don't care what other folks keep saying there are a lot of assets that Iraq has that we just don't know about, the real numbers of the DFI Funds held here and other seized funds from the Saddam and his Regime. I know you only ask me the one question but I feel that it is important that we know that the country has the value and IMO the wealth cannot be held back for ever so between all that we are seeing we should be there.

To me this is our best window we have ever had, and I have some of the best people saying the same thing, it looks like to me

Your people and my people should meet. I think they would get along. They think in the same wavelength.

I'm hopeful, but not as confident as the rest of you I suppose. I sure would like to see a date for the National Meeting, as well as a date for Maliki's Kuwait vacation (now THERE'S a good idea for a Chevy Chase movie!). Maybe in the next couple days we get some dates, but Allawi and friends are stirring up trouble and I feel like b*tch slappin' him right now.

• Upvote 1

I'm hopeful, but not as confident as the rest of you I suppose. I sure would like to see a date for the National Meeting, as well as a date for Maliki's Kuwait vacation (now THERE'S a good idea for a Chevy Chase movie!). Maybe in the next couple days we get some dates, but Allawi and friends are stirring up trouble and I feel like b*tch slappin' him right now.

I'm cautiously optimistic fnbplanet, I don't think we will see a date for the National Meeting until after the Summit, if ever. Maliki's date with Kuwait will be great! Hopefully sooner than later.

Can someone help me out on this...If the citizens receive an allocated portion for the oil before the RV, don't you think they would be smart enough to hold onto the dinars knowing the purchasing power will increase? By the citizens doing this, I would think it would have a negative effect on the economy because the citizens would not buy as much at this time. Also, if they did hold onto their dinars awaiting the purchase power increase, wouldn't that give them tons more money than they would have if the RV occurred prior to distribution of funds? Just needing some clarity. Thanks!!!

I totally agree!!! th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

Can someone help me out on this...If the citizens receive an allocated portion for the oil before the RV, don't you think they would be smart enough to hold onto the dinars knowing the purchasing power will increase? By the citizens doing this, I would think it would have a negative effect on the economy because the citizens would not buy as much at this time. Also, if they did hold onto their dinars awaiting the purchase power increase, wouldn't that give them tons more money than they would have if the RV occurred prior to distribution of funds? Just needing some clarity. Thanks!!!

This is my opinion, but I don't think they will, they probably think Iraq is going to RD.

I'm on my cell ph, to make this quiet short. Put your scenario in money being paid headed outside the country, to the Investors!!

Thanks to all for your wonderful comments. Alex-one reason that I feel they may not wait until close to the summit is the fact that this is going to cause quite a stir in Iraq when it RV's. I would think that they would not want pandemonium right before the summit since this is such a feather in their hat. IMHO it would seem that they would want it done, and the people happy and calm for the summit! AND-I am so excited I cannot concentrate on my work! Good thing I am the boss or I might get fired, LOL! :lol::lol:

• Upvote 6