Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

IT PASSED Urgent .. Vote on the budget of the House of Representatives for 2012

yota691

And the rate in the budget will be......1166. This is good news, and positive to see a step forward, but this is not the RV. I assume everyone understands that, but I do not blame people for being excited that they are moving forward. GLTA

Well said... and moving forward is at least the right direction as opposed to backwards!!

• Upvote 1

I'm not getting excited yet, I've been in this going on 9 years now and I know how these people are. They say one thing one day and the next day they didn't say it. Not being negative here just not getting excited yet not until it is published in the Gazzette.. :lol::lol:

My hat is off to all of you 'old timers' :tiphat: I don't know how you've gotten this far without taking someone hostage along the way. I've only been in it for three years and I can't tell you how many times I've been tempted to throw my monitor accross the room :wacko: But, this really is great news and makes up for a lot of frustrating times.

March 14th will mark 366 days for me on this board - it'd be nice if it RV'd by then: Vegas Bound Baby!

GH B)

Yes.. thank you. This is a good article, but the point being is that this does not mean that this automatically means that Shabibi will take advantage of this optional measure to curb inflation, although, regardless of the budget he certainly always has the option to do so. I think that it is important to put the article that you posted into perspective, and to not take it out of context. In the 2011 articles regarding the budget last year, they are discussing inflation, and measures they have to combat inflation, which as we know is the use of the exchange rate policies. The core inflation rate is only about 6% currently, and they have not discussed the concerns about rising inflation as they were last year, but it is still certainly something to consider.

It is for this reason that I say we should not get ourselves over hyped about the annual budget trap these sites fall into, but rather look to inflation if we are going to go by these articles. Is inflation rising to a worrisome point where they would need to take corrective measures through the exchange rate policies to combat it? That should be the question and detail we should look to at this point rather than the budget approval in my opinion.... :)

No it does not mean it would automatically happen, that is true. I am optimistically hopeful, I am wating to see what does happen. It would seem in some of the #'s in the budget as being rather low, high in dinar, but low dollar wise. A higher rate would make more sense. But I am not wearing diapers yet! If ya know what I mean. This is my opinion, Iraq is like the date you couldn't wait to get, and when you show up at her door, she wasn't home! ;)

• Upvote 1

No it does not mean it would automatically happen, that is true. I am optimistically hopeful, I am wating to see what does happen. It would seem in some of the #'s in the budget as being rather low, high in dinar, but low dollar wise. A higher rate would make more sense. But I am not wearing diapers yet! If ya know what I mean. This is my opinion, Iraq is like the date you couldn't wait to get, and when you show up at her door, she wasn't home! ;)

:lol: !!!! That was a funny analogy, but spot on I think!!

On another note though, this article is definitely something promising that is related to this budget topic that I did like to see though..

http://www.alsabaah.com/ArticleShow.aspx?ID=22263

"Today’s vote on the budget after the agreement on exchange of grants for pensioners and supporting the development of the regions

of Baghdad – Alaa al-Tai

government has allocated six trillion dinars for the launch of different loans, mostly without the benefit and the other away from the operations, “usury”, in a move aimed at supporting segments of society."

That is definitely the type of thing I like to see! More money being allocated for loans is a wonderful thing, and is definitely a step in the right direction for their economy! This is the type of information I like to see coming out of the budgets!! :D

***///

I'm suspect that their inflationary woes are more urgent than they've let on.

The merchants and folks both acknowledge it - how bad is it truly?

Perhaps they don't want us to know this so we get less outta the chute....

yet they're able to instill a tolerable interim 'curbing' of the thing as an appeasement.... <_<

:lol: !!!! That was a funny analogy, but spot on I think!!

On another note though, this article is definitely something promising that is related to this budget topic that I did like to see though..

http://www.alsabaah.com/ArticleShow.aspx?ID=22263

"Today’s vote on the budget after the agreement on exchange of grants for pensioners and supporting the development of the regions

of Baghdad – Alaa al-Tai

government has allocated six trillion dinars for the launch of different loans, mostly without the benefit and the other away from the operations, “usury”, in a move aimed at supporting segments of society."

That is definitely the type of thing I like to see! More money being allocated for loans is a wonderful thing, and is definitely a step in the right direction for their economy! This is the type of information I like to see coming out of the budgets!! :D

It is great news Jay P....enjoying your input more and more Jay P...thanks.

***///

WAH-HOOOOOOOO!

Come on SgtFury... lets see your "Happy Dance"!!! laugh.giflaugh.gifwink.gif

Thanks for the find Yota... looks like it's a beautiful day (and I am not just talking about the sunny 75 degree weather in Music City) wink.gif Come on boyz... almost there... now git-r-dun!!!biggrin.gif

Come On RV Baby!!!cool.gif

• Upvote 1

Come on SgtFury... lets see your "Happy Dance"!!! laugh.giflaugh.gifwink.gif

Thanks for the find Yota... looks like it's a beautiful day (and I am not just talking about the sunny 75 degree weather in Music City) wink.gif Come on boyz... almost there... now git-r-dun!!!biggrin.gif

***///

...skinnya$$, pale man w/ boney legs, chicken hair and no rythm....!

Ya'll'd be laughin' so hard you'd miss the rate! :lol:

• Upvote 2

so basically this tells me now that they passed the budget that the exchange rate adjustment will follow :)

Thanks easy... you can bring news like that around here any old time!

wink.gif

Come On RV Baby!!!

cool.gif

***///

...skinnya$, pale man w/ boney legs, chicken hair and no rythm....!

Ya'll'd be laughin' so hard you'd miss the rate! :lol:

Don't worry bud... you would be in good company and my guess is we would look about the same... if ya catch my drift! wink.giflaugh.gif

Anyway... who cares how much of a fool we look like... if we do the happy dance in Vegas... nobody will be telling!laugh.gif

• Upvote 1

biggrin.gif Great Day In The Morning! biggrin.gif

Thank You Yota, Tony, Carrello & Planet! You all are Great News Hounds wink.gif Same with K98 and Sara and Co. Thank You All!!!

When I opened my eyes this morning I said "self? I'll bet they already have found it and it's there!"

Then I JUMPED OUT of bed! tongue.gif

I second that !!! :twothumbs::bow:

SAWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Alex... your new avatar is... well, all I can say is ... "my what big teeth you have grandpa"! wink.gif

It is "saweeet" ain't it though!!!!laugh.gif

I'm not getting excited yet, I've been in this going on 9 years now and I know how these people are. They say one thing one day and the next day they didn't say it. Not being negative here just not getting excited yet not until it is published in the Gazzette.. :lol::lol:

I hate to me the one that says I told you so, the budget is not complete. Read Adam's short chat on the budget, just released...

Edited by mrref
  • Upvote 2