Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Latest on Budget

EagleEye

Parl't to discuss 2012 Federal budget today - source

2/6/2012 12:54 PM

BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: The Iraqi Parliament has decided to discuss the draft-law for Iraq's 2012 Federal Budget in its session today, according to a Parliament's media source."The Parliament has decided to discuss the draft-law for Iraq's new Federal Budget for the year 2012 during today's session," the media source told Aswat al-Iraq news agency.The Iraqi government had presented the draft-law for the new Federal Budget, estimated to be 115 trillion Iraqi dinar, the media source stressed. Noteworthy is that the draft-law for Iraq's Federal Budget for the year 2012 had included the allocation of 131 trillion dinars, approximately 112 billion US dollars, as an estimated Federal Budge, with an increase of 36 percent, compared to last years budget, with a deficit that reached 20 billion dollars.SKH (TP)/SR

Just for the ones on their phones...

Thanks for the post.

that was yesterday for them.

thought that when I saw the date...but they are stating it as if today....also the "news blackout" of english in the superscript gave me pause to think maybe some more smoke and mirrors.... :unsure:

Thanks to you too Bodeen...didnt think of that !! :tiphat:

Sweet find! I thought they postponed the budget till the 14th? Ladies and gentleman this is your captain speaking. We are about to experiance confusing turbulance. Pleas return to your seats, and fasten your seatbelts.

Edited by gregp

Eagle Eye, thanks for the post. You are out there looking and that is 99% of it, that unless you have done, you don't appreciate it.

Even if they say they are out until next Monday, much is going on, and personally, I think the Parliament are just puppets that do whatever Gepetto wants them to.

Talabani had a meeting with the big boys at his house today, and every invitee showed up. That is where the action is, and I haven't seen an article on that yet.

Ok so just to clerify ...did they meet today or not???

well not to put too fine of a point on things...it's rather confusing isnt it ? :blink:

I mean if by today you mean Monday the 6th...yes they did in fact meet yesterday but tabled the discussion for lack of a quorum...

on the other hand if by today you mean THEIR today (our tomorrow) Tuesday the 7th...well then it's only 7:15AM and they are still out milking the camels.......stoking the sheep...manure fires....and picking a kaftan to wear for Tuesday :lol: :lol:

Eagle Eye, thanks for the post. You are out there looking and that is 99% of it, that unless you have done, you don't appreciate it.

Even if they say they are out until next Monday, much is going on, and personally, I think the Parliament are just puppets that do whatever Gepetto wants them to.

Talabani had a meeting with the big boys at his house today, and every invitee showed up. That is where the action is, and I haven't seen an article on that yet.

you bet ...having worked with some ME types in the military and corporate world...whatever else they do they absolutely MUST....SAVE FACE...sooooo anybody's guess is as good as another...so as one wise man said...we will know WHEN it happens...not too much before...so GO RV !!!

Another day in the on again, off again, and back on again spiel from the Iraqi news media rolleyes.gif... come on already boyz.... git-r-dun!!!biggrin.gif

Thanks for the post you sharp EagleEye you!!!wink.gif

GO RV Already Baby!!!cool.gif

Edited by RodandStaff

I think when the parliament started, quite a few were late. Remember the Super Bowl did not go off till around daylight their time and they were just wrapping up a holiday. How many US workers would be on time in those circumstances. After enough showed up, actually 200, they sat down and got down to business, although evidently a little hungover. IMO rolleyes.gif

Parl't to discuss 2012 Federal budget today - source

BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: The Iraqi Parliament has decided to discuss the draft-law for Iraq's 2012 Federal Budget in its session today, according to a Parliament's media source."The Parliament has decided to discuss the draft-law for Iraq's new Federal Budget for the year 2012 during today's session," the media source told Aswat al-Iraq news agency.The Iraqi government had presented the draft-law for the new Federal Budget, estimated to be 115 trillion Iraqi dinar, the media source stressed. Noteworthy is that the draft-law for Iraq's Federal Budget for the year 2012 had included the allocation of 131 trillion dinars, approximately 112 billion US dollars, as an estimated Federal Budge, with an increase of 36 percent, compared to last years budget, with a deficit that reached 20 billion dollars.SKH (TP)/SR

Just for the ones on their phones...

Thanks for the post.

redsand summed it up like this in K98 thread earlier yesterday...sorry folks but it looks like parliament did not meet:

This GOOD ARTICLE came out at 12:54.

LACK OF QUORUM article came out 1:36ish.

I don't like that.

This post has been edited by redsand: Yesterday, 07:22 AM

Read more:

Here's the good news, I don't think the budget can be passed until the change of rate happens anyway.....and Arbil Agreement must be implemented first..IMO

Big boys had a meeting last night (the 6th) to talk about that and to set the date, place and agenda for the National Conference...we are waiting on this news now..

Edited by Stryker365

You're welcome rodandstaff (love that nick and the avatar too)...since 9 of my 12 grands are here now...I REALLY love the avatar...but not putting their pictures on the internet...you are MUCH braver than the Eagle there my friend... ;) ;)

My son is now 17 and is pushing 6'3".... no worries EagleEye, but thanks for your kind comments!wink.gif

Edited by RodandStaff