Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

37 Things to buy prior to world failure

Sage449

Has anyone managed to get through the video on the advertisement on the 37 things needed to buy before world comes to an end? :)

I have no problem with listening to a video, but he goes on adnaseum and I understand what can happen without water or food - but Jiminey Crickets - get to the point and give me the 37 items - and be done. OMGOODNESS!!!!!!

If so, would you mind sharing what those items are that I MUST have? :)

• Upvote 1

I finally got fed up with that same video! :lol: I believe if you search the net you can find the book he's offering for free, and there are a ton of really good survival videos on youtube. Some are really stupid some are actually very well done complete with lists of what you need to survive and how to store them. Just do a search on youtube.com for survival lists and such and you will get more info then you will ever need.

I'm not some kind of an end of the world nutjob, but I do have plenty of survival gear, weapons, food, etc. as my family and I hunt, fish, camp, etc a lot. More importantly is that my kids and wife know how to use this type of stuff safely and effectively with or with out me. All the tools in the world do you no good in an emergency if you don't know how to use them. Personally I would rather be prepared and not need to be then get caught with my pants down if something does go wrong. Chance favors the prepared mind! B)

The sad part is no one knows what to prepare for. Extreme heat, extreme cold, floods, disease, a lawless society, all require different gear and prep work. If something earth shattering is going to happen you can bet that our wonderful government is NOT going to give us a heads up on anything. :blink:

• Upvote 1

Once you get thru the video,

you have to pay to find out the 37 items.

I bit, and spent the $27, which included some other informational booklets.

I was not too impressed with the information provided.

Very basic, and anyone who spends some time on youtube can find much better/detailed info.

The best book that I have found is from AVOW.

It's the LDS Preparedness Manual, and no you don't have to be a Mormon to purchase. I'm not.

It is published and for sale for no profit. Or free if you just want PDF version.

It is very very inclusive and detailed.

Not just telling you to store wheat or rice. But what kinds store best. What they are used for. And how to store properly.

Plus much more.

Here's a link:

http://www.abysmal.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=RAVOW&Product_Code=LDSPREP

FYI: I'm not an AVOW pumper. :lol:

Just a very pleased customer and wanting to share.

Our grand parents prep'd as they knew the possibility of bad times can happen.

Not neccessarily that they will.

Ask your self, if I prepare and nothing happens, will I be ok?

And, if I don't prepare and bad times do happen, will I be ok?

It doesn't have to be terroist or finanical disaster.

Just last week, there was a solar flare that interupted electronic devices here on earth.

A large enough flare can produce an EMP that would but us back in the stone age,

as any computer/micro-processor operated device would become useless.

This includes your electrical power company. Your car. Etc.....

• Upvote 2

Interesting tidbit Krome...I recently watched a special on the History Channel about Global Warming, according to that program...it will eventual shut down the ocean warming conveyer belt (as the melted ice caps cause the ocean water to become less salty) which in turn will produce a new ice age. The Northeast US and Canada down past South Carolina will freeze over and almost all of Northern Europe will turn to Ice. As this goes about happening, anarchy will set in…as those countries listed are some of the more dominate ones on the globe and those who are used to “having” will turn on those who don’t have…but live in warmer climates. This could all take place in less than 10 years.

After watching it…I figure whether I prepare or not, I can’t survive that time of ordeal for long..so may as well just enjoy the time I have now.

BTW I don't mean to rain on anyone's dooms day (or preparation for something smaller), I admire those of you who figure you have that much to live for and are wiling to survive no matter what. Honestly.

Has anyone managed to get through the video on the advertisement on the 37 things needed to buy before world comes to an end? :)

I have no problem with listening to a video, but he goes on adnaseum and I understand what can happen without water or food - but Jiminey Crickets - get to the point and give me the 37 items - and be done. OMGOODNESS!!!!!!

If so, would you mind sharing what those items are that I MUST have? :)

You don't need to listen for 30 minutes and they want you to buy their information. Just google it, put any amount, 30 items, 20 items, and goolgle

will get you a list. Most you will know automatically. You don't need to pay for this info. someone trying to get it money from you for it is just looking to make a buck. Especially since all the predictions are out for 2012. And the global monetary crisis.

Understand, at least I can be ready for an emergency such as bad weather. And not spend a ton of money.

The key is to start.

It can be over whelming.

But take baby steps and stock up a little at a time.

Here in Florida we have "Dollar Tree" stores, but I'm sure any dollar store would do.

They have candles, food items, and med supplies.

Oh, and one thing I didn't see on previous lists, but stock up on pet foods/supplies as well.

• Upvote 1

I bit and plunked down my $27 plus shipping, and honestly I was very disappointed. I don't think the information is special, the booklets are riddled with spelling errors; they didn't even get it proofread by a fifth grader for free. It points to the overall quality, IMO.

I could list the 27 items, but basically they include staples such as sugar, rice, pasta, flour, baking powder, etc. Nothing on the list wasn't something I'd already thought of.

Another list includes first aid supplies and a book on how to use it, etc.

I feel so ripped off I'm almost willing to to scan the thing and post links. LOL I did not see that I was going to be charged almost $6 for shipping, plus to get my money back it would cost $5.

These "booklets" are more like pamphlets, the entire package is about 3/8" thick of 4.5x8.5 booklets, and would as a package sell for $4.95 at any retail outlet.

I am assembling a manual for myself now that I have cheap printer ink, and by googling, I found much better information under "disaster preparedness". Another poster recommended a book by the Mormons, I will be getting that. I know that their religion as a practice includes disaster preparedness.

A few of the lists on this thread is better, :lol: Save your money, and buy some hydrogen peroxide. :lol:

krome2ez & brokenomore - you're right - small steps - I've collected the big tins that you get at Christmas time for cookies and popcorn and used them before for nails etc. but now I will start using them for food and other items.

We do have dollar stores here and I buy named brands there all the time for significantly less money. I'm looking now for metal shelving I can put up in my basement to sit the stuff on and keep tabs on what I've got stocked.

Thanks to all for not making me sound like I'm a nut case and that the sky's fallling. Have a good day! :lol:

I just read this. It is a new book by Phoenix. Said on his program it is the first book in a 5 part series.

Good stuff!

http://www.lulu.com/product/ebook/have-a-plan-and-plan-to-act/18855553

This is the description:

"Have a Plan and Plan to Act A guide to successful, victorious living, in tumultuous times. By Phoenix Rising This guide is a stand-alone work that covers many aspects of planning starting with the core issues as well as the issues in society that have brought us to this point. Be it a "zombie apocalypse" or a simple storm this guide will aid you in taking a proactive stance making you better prepared to live a successful victorious life. This first edition is the first book in the series and is sure to be one that you will find vital to your collection!"

• Upvote 2

coolbeans - thank you "cool beans!" I'll take a look at the book and its reviews.

What I find interesting, is that with all the Occupied Protestors, the U.S. government, has put out bids for, and the gov't doesn't call them concentration camps, enclosures if the Occupied Protestors get out of hand and have to be arrested - and not just the OPs, but anyone that is dramatically opposed to the government in its present form and operation. I know this for a fact as I've seen the proposal documents. So if something is coming, I want to be prepared as best I can to at least hang around for a while during all the uproar.

A prudent man sees danger and takes refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it. (Proverbs 22:3)

In the house of the wise are stores of choice food and oil, but a foolish man devours all he has. (Prov 21:20)

Some great lists, folks. Thanks! As a survival skills instructor, to the above I would add (with apologies for any redundancy),

Find videos or audio from survivors of financial collapse, as happened in Argentina, or survivors of an extended war, such as the Serbian conflict. The results of any kind of pandemic, war, financial collapse, etc. are likely to be similar. What they have in common is that many formerly common items literally become more valuable than gold. Things like:

- any kind of food

- matches / lighters

- oil lamps / oil / candles

- toilet paper / alcohol wipes / tampons

- bourbon (or any other alcohol)

- aspirin / Tylenol / Advil / band-aids / wraps / etc.

- containers/Ziplocs/garbage bags/dry sacks / buckets

If getting plenty of fresh water would be impossible for you in an extended grid-down situation move, and do it now.

Skills! Build a library of how-to books on everything (My plan includes a laptop with a solar charger and a CD drive with stacks of CDs full of stuff copied from the internet). I have detailed info on everything from how to make soap to how to treat an ingrown toenail. BEGIN NOW PUTTING THE MOST CRUCIAL SKILLS TO PRACTICE.

Be sure you have guns and plenty of ammo for defense and hunting and are skilled in their use and maintenance.

Community - build relationships in your area with like-minded people that you KNOW you can trust. You might end up needing to lock elbows to protect one another and you will certainly need to rely on people with skills that you yourself do not have.

• Upvote 5

When the world fails?................ The world civilizations have been failing since the beginning of time. Look at all the great Empires that have come and gone, WHY? A classic struggle between good and evil, GOD and satan with humanity in the middle

of this war. Who will you take up sides with? GOD or satan? Gather your 37 things to buy prior to world failure, what good will it do you? I only need One thing, and that one thing will take care of the rest of my needs. Oh.....yes, the one thing (the Lord Jesus christ as my savior):) If you thought it was the Federal Government then satan has pulled the wool(sheeple) over your eyes:o

Interesting tidbit Krome...I recently watched a special on the History Channel about Global Warming, according to that program...it will eventual shut down the ocean warming conveyer belt (as the melted ice caps cause the ocean water to become less salty) which in turn will produce a new ice age. The Northeast US and Canada down past South Carolina will freeze over and almost all of Northern Europe will turn to Ice. As this goes about happening, anarchy will set in…as those countries listed are some of the more dominate ones on the globe and those who are used to “having” will turn on those who don’t have…but live in warmer climates. This could all take place in less than 10 years.

After watching it…I figure whether I prepare or not, I can’t survive that time of ordeal for long..so may as well just enjoy the time I have now.

BTW I don't mean to rain on anyone's dooms day (or preparation for something smaller), I admire those of you who figure you have that much to live for and are wiling to survive no matter what. Honestly.

Can anyone direct me to a site that shows these predictions. You state that Ice will come down to the Carolinas and I've also heard that the Gulf will come up to Birmingham and the Mississippi will be fifty miles wide. Where do I go ????? Have dinar will travel. lol

Oh, alright Tiff we can make room for one more I'll start stock piling enough supplies for ya! :P Tanning lotion, check, flip flops, check, choice alcoholic beverages, check. :lol::lol::lol::D

Some really great lists on here from some really great people. One thing to think about and I posted this before is IMO the perfect survival weapon of choice is a .22 rifle. They are light, reliable, ammo is cheap and light, can take down birds, small game, and even deer with a head shot for food. They are quiet enough to not draw a lot of attention, (nothing like a high power going off when it's dead quiet outside to get everyone on full alert), and they are powerful enough to take down a person in self defense, nothing stops a would be criminal like a double tap to the melon! Another major advantage to a .22 is with all the gun ownership in the US, almost everyone has atleast one .22, so foraging for ammo in case of a pack out where you had to travel a long way would be much easier. They also have no recoil so even a child can be taught to use one effectively for food gathering or self defense. I do have guns of all different calibers and I'm not saying I would go hunting brown bears on Kodiak island with my .22 :P but for all around survival in an emergency I don't see how one could pick a better weapon.

One thing that does worry me is that the Mayan calendar ends in the fall of 2012, (maybe the calendar maker got sick of making calendars for a time period he wouldn't be around in and send **** with it) but they did keep track of it for several thousand years.

Anyone know what else is going to happen in the fall of 2012? Anyone? Bueller? That's right O is up for reelection, if he gets in that would really be a catastrophe of worldly proportions! :P

When the world fails?................ The world civilizations have been failing since the beginning of time. Look at all the great Empires that have come and gone, WHY? A classic struggle between good and evil, GOD and satan with humanity in the middle

of this war. Who will you take up sides with? GOD or satan? Gather your 37 things to buy prior to world failure, what good will it do you? I only need One thing, and that one thing will take care of the rest of my needs. Oh.....yes, the one thing (the Lord Jesus christ as my savior):) If you thought it was the Federal Government then satan has pulled the wool(sheeple) over your eyes:o

God helps those, who help them self.

1 Timothy 5:8 ESV

But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

• Upvote 2

mongo - I fully expect Christ to be in control - and my hope/belief is pre-tribulation - HOWEVER, God does not expect me to be a dummy and sit on my thumbs and not do anything for myself or others while the world around us crumbles, prior to Him sitting on the throne and governing this earth.

Since the time of Christ plenty have been tortured for their faith, burnt at the steak. Entire countries in Europe have had their entire Christian populations wiped out.

We are called to live in this world, and thrive in it, in spite of the hardships, and not behave and live as though we're in a garden of Eden, or as though current favorable conditions will continue. Proverbs has lots to say about the "fool" and no preparation in the face of hard times with SO MANY SOURCES beating the GET PREPARED DRUM strikes me as one being the fool.

I'm getting prepared as best as I can, considering that I will be a resource that God can use during hard times. What kind of a testimony will it be for Christians to be begging because they went the easy, lazy route of "God will provide"?

While I believe that "God will provide" I also believe we need to be listening for His voice, and following his leading to prepare in the way that he lays before us. God has laid a clear path before me, starting more than a year and a half ago. No idea how He was going to pay for it (it's a big plan) and now the hope of the IQD pops up. How kewl is that? :twothumbs: