Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Welfare Recepients

Joker017

I am more concerned with all the dead people that vote.

Hahaha, that it so very true!

The right to vote shouldn't be taken from them but I believe if you apply for aid you should be drug tested just like you have to when applying for work.

100% agree with you. Here in FL, they made it mandatory! I still think they should have the right to vote though.

My Thoughts are, that if you are receiving a Government Welfare Check you should not have the right to vote!

Simply put This is a Huge Conflict of interest! If you want the right to Vote get a JOB....

I think welfare recipients should be forced to run the local polling stations, where they can get a drug screening, complete their assigned task, vote and then collect their check. :D

GO RV, then BV

My Thoughts are, that if you are receiving a Government Welfare Check you should not have the right to vote!

Simply put This is a Huge Conflict of interest! If you want the right to Vote get a JOB....

Obama better round up all the Food stampers and Welfare people he can. Because when Uncle Ron gets in there will be nothing left but the Crying :lol: :lol: If you can seriously want to vote for Obama at this point you might need a mental exam... Or, your racist and can't get over the fact that a Black man if office was a complete failure. I voted for him too... Biggest mistake I've ever made and the wool was completely pulled over my eyes. Not again America. It's time to wake up!

I think welfare recipients should be forced to run the local polling stations, where they can get a drug screening, complete their assigned task, vote and then collect their check. :D

GO RV, then BV

Excellent thought!! But getting welfare recipients to work? That's why there on welfare.

• Upvote 2

Conflict of interest (WOW). Okay, anyone that's paid by the government... from social workers to current and retired soldiers.

Think about it L O N G E R.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

they should have the right to vote, and be randomly drug tested. they also should have to perform a community service and have more incentive to get a job than to not have one. (of course, the regulatory, tax, and other business killing legislation in place needs to be removed). once the environment is in place for more jobs to be available than people looking for jobs, most of this will go away.

• Upvote 1

Obama better round up all the Food stampers and Welfare people he can. Because when Uncle Ron gets in there will be nothing left but the Crying :lol: :lol: If you can seriously want to vote for Obama at this point you might need a mental exam... Or, your racist and can't get over the fact that a Black man if office was a complete failure. I voted for him too... Biggest mistake I've ever made and the wool was completely pulled over my eyes. Not again America. It's time to wake up!

1. Just curious - What was your reason for voting for him?

2. How long did you think it would take to turn the economy?

3. Did you think there wouldn't be an ugly fight in congress between Reps and Dems?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

First of all Obama is a white man and Ron paul will never make it for President because he's black. Just Sayin

they should have the right to vote, and be randomly drug tested. they also should have to perform a community service and have more incentive to get a job than to not have one. (of course, the regulatory, tax, and other business killing legislation in place needs to be removed). once the environment is in place for more jobs to be available than people looking for jobs, most of this will go away.

Agree with the first part...

What is the job killing legislation? Country took a nose dive because of relaxed regulatory activity in banking/finance that hurt millions of Americans retirements.

Search on "economy getting better".

Also check the DOW...

November 3, 2008: Obama is Elected

November 3, 2008: 9326.04 Open

November 4, 2008: 9139.28 Close

January 20, 2009: Obama is Inaugurated

January 20, 2009: 8,279.63 Open

January 20, 2009: 7,920.66 Close

January 20, 2012: 12,700

...despite credit rating drop.

• Upvote 1

1. Just curious - What was your reason for voting for him?

2. How long did you think it would take to turn the economy?

3. Did you think there wouldn't be an ugly fight in congress between Reps and Dems?

I voted for him because I actually thought he would do the things he said he would do.. I could care less about the economy it is what is is. that's all dems can run on at this point. With the proper policies or "non Policies" in place as Ron Paul suggests will bring back the economy just by getting back to sound money and cutting the deficit. The fight in congress between Dems and Repubs is hillarious! A made up football game so the people can have there left right, red blue, Montegue capulets. Don't you get that...? Barack O has created nothing but a class warfare and more segregation in society. Now MSNBC has on Democrats mostly Black "nothing against Blacks it's just funny that they use that to incite racial hate" and all they can talk about is look at the jobs yada yada look at the great things he's done. Sorry sir but there blinded by RACE period! There is no way, unless you are a communist or on welfare or just ignorant that anyone can agree with what this man has done in office.

First of all Obama is a white man and Ron paul will never make it for President because he's black. Just Sayin

Huh? Makes no Sense.. Sorry

Edited by brandon2222
  • Upvote 1

Sorry sir but there blinded by RACE period! There is no way, unless you are a communist or on welfare or just ignorant that anyone can agree with what this man has done in office.

Very intresting quote brandon its funny how you people always relate welfare to black people, but quick to say but i'm not a racist, well maybe you should do a little fact checking before you spout of at the mouth only 23% of welfare recipients are black just shows the ignorance of some of you, and proves you nothing more than followers and all you do is post crap you hear form others... so my friend that makes the other 77%(white) of welfare recipients Obama supporters I would assume, not to mention communist, guess the welfare argument doesnt sound so go to you anymore does it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Are you f'n serious!? First off--define "welfare". Then define "conflict of interests." Then tell me what group of people or workers does not have in their history or job, some sort of potential conflict of interest. The right to vote is a fundamental part of what makes this America. Yes many things are broken. Yes people abuse the welfare system & I am willing to bet that the kind of people that abuse welfare and want to "stay" on it aren't the kind of people that vote. But your ideas of stripping anyones rights to vote are preposterous. Washington in it's entirety is a "conflict of interest!" Should we take gun owners rights to vote away? Let's be honest here...conflict of interest. You could apply that to so many things. SSI reciepients. THem too? If you want to fix things why don't you focus on the money that's pumped to our representatives by lobbyists and super-PACS--that effectively buys off every politician. From the Suffragettes to the Civil Rights movement-- it is clear how important the right to vote is and how much people sacrificed to fight for that right. Being on Welfare does not equate to being a felon. I bet you there are people on DV that have fallen into hard times and are recieving some level of welfare RIGHT NOW. It happens. Doesn't mean they deserve to be treated like a criminal. You can't have thought this out. Or maybe you did and if that's the case then....just, wow.

You ever stop and think about how quickly your life could turn to $hi+ and you may need a hand up? About 5 years ago, I was a full-time college student studyingn to enter Law School with TWO jobs and a baby and couldn't make ends meet. I qualified for 'food stamps' but felt I could feed us so I never received that part of "welfare." However, I received housing help and the State paid for my daughters medical until I was able to get a now very high paying job. Fortunately I met my husband around that time too, so that helped. And the minute I no longer qualified, because my income was now high enough not to face the idea of living in my car--I no longer received "welfare."

In the time I was on government assistance, I studied Constitutional Law and was very active in local and state politics-working on a congressional campaign. And yes. I voted. Every election. To assert that the downtrodden should have their right to vote stripped from them (as if having to get "help" because you can't make ends meet isn't humiliating enough) is appalling to the very core of the idea. I hope the people agreeing with this think about someone you know and how easily they-or you-could end up needing help. Spouse dies. Get laid off. Become very ill and unable to work for a time. Unfortunately it happens and YES--even those terrible people on welfare should maintain the right to vote. I have seen and lived on both sides of this. Welfare Recipient to a household income in the 6 figures. And yes. I am a Republican.

• Upvote 2

Sorry sir but there blinded by RACE period! There is no way, unless you are a communist or on welfare or just ignorant that anyone can agree with what this man has done in office.

Very intresting quote brandon its funny how you people always relate welfare to black people, but quick to say but i'm not a racist, well maybe you should do a little fact checking before you spout of at the mouth only 23% of welfare recipients are black just shows the ignorance of some of you, and proves you nothing more than followers and all you do is post crap you hear form others... so my friend that makes the other 77%(white) of welfare recipients Obama supporters I would assume, not to mention communist, guess the welfare argument doesnt sound so go to you anymore does it.

Sorry but I said nothing about Black People and Welfare linking the two... It's about principle. Race is another Democratic tool as you've just displayed. Thanks

While a part of me agrees with your opinion,there is also corporate welfare.My opinion is do away with welfare completely at the federal level and let the individual state decide how spend its tax dollars.Gov imo should not be involved. Best to all

• Upvote 1

Agree with the first part...

What is the job killing legislation? Country took a nose dive because of relaxed regulatory activity in banking/finance that hurt millions of Americans retirements.

NOT!!!!!

The country took a nose dive because of MAL-INVESTMENT brought upon America by the FEDERAL RESERVE ARTIFICIALLY KEEPING INTEREST RATES LESS THAN 1%. THIS IS NOT A FREE MARKET, AND REGULATION HAS LITTLE TO DO WITH IT!!!

The market will take care of itself, like a purging of Lehman Brothers. If you build a million widgets, for which there are only 50,000 customers, you are in deep trouble, and your mal-investment in your business SHOULD GO BANKRUPT. NO MATTER HOW LARGE YOU ARE.

MOST PEOPLE JUMP ON THE "REGULATORY" BANDWAGON, WHICH IS SIMPLY BUNK! MORE GOVERNMENT IS NOT WHAT IS NEEDED, A FREE MARKET IS WHAT IS NEEDED!

END THE FED, AND THE BUSINESS CYCLE OF BOOM & BUST WILL ALLEVIATE ITSELF, AND BE LOCAL, NOT NATIONAL BUSTS!

LOOK UP AUSTRIAN ECONOMIC THEORY, STUDY IT, AND YOU WILL GET A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT IS GOING ON IN OUR COUNTRY TODAY... AND HOW TO FIX IT!

• Upvote 1

Conflict of interest (WOW). Okay, anyone that's paid by the government... from social workers to current and retired soldiers.

Think about it L O N G E R.

:lol: :lol: :lol: You are pretty funny mojack!!! I think you missed it....He said those receiving Government WELFARE Checks....Not Government checks paid to people who actually work or have worked to receive a pension check....There is a huge difference!!!!

Maybe you should think about it longer before you post things that make no sense!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Well brandon to refresh your memory you did directly relate welfare to Blacks........... your quote:

Now MSNBC has on Democrats mostly Black "nothing against Blacks it's just funny that they use that to incite racial hate" and all they can talk about is look at the jobs yada yada look at the great things he's done. Sorry sir but there blinded by RACE period! There is no way, unless you are a communist or on welfare

And just a little more information for you the "welfare" system is a system that many, many, people that now find themselves in need has in the past paid into this same system they they unfortunatly find themselves in need of now, as I too know very hard working people that have worked everyday of their working life and paid taxes and contributed to a system that was put in place to help them in such a time as this. of course their are those that abuse the system, just like a tax cheat, a corporate embezzler, Dr's cheating the medicaid/medicare system, brokers and bankers stealing from us every day, but thank God you have'nt had to reach for a life line yet, wonder what you will do when you have to look a child in the face and say we don't have money to eat this week all because of no fault of your own. Will be an intresting day when you have to face it, just pray you don't.

I am thinking you should have to pee in the cup before you can vote.

Good idea! Let's start it at the federal level! Congress pees. I pee. You pee. We all pee.

Uh-oh...wait....who will pay for THAT!? Because the country is already paying for welfare...now pay to test their pee (or everyones to be fair)? Sounds like an expensive solution to an imaginary problem; i mean having all these welfare people doing so much voting while high on crack and all....I am sure that voting tops their list of priorities while searching for their next fix or while laying on the couch with a needle hanging out of their arm....

I'm just saying--this is not a "logical" approach here. This is us being pissed off about the direction of our country and the impending failure of this republic and blaming it on "Welfare." Come on. It's way bigger, far deeper, and more corrupt than we'd like to imagine...Yes, we need acme type of welfare reform. But talking about peeing in a cup as a priority over say....fixing our tax codes or ending or fixing the fed who prints money endlessly to fund our endless wars or holding accountable or at least looking into the people who helped bring about the economic collapse and subsequent bailout in 2008-with their dirty mortgage swapping and banks moving private debt to public debt so they can get it off their books....all the while what happened in the financial industry is LEGAL because over time, and because of money funneled to our congressmen by lobbyists, the laws have been tweaked and tweaked a little at a time to benefit the greedy crooks who are helping destroy America?

Nevermind...whole different topic. Just saying that we are looking far to narrowly here.

• Upvote 1

Well brandon to refresh your memory you did directly relate welfare to Blacks........... your quote:

Now MSNBC has on Democrats mostly Black "nothing against Blacks it's just funny that they use that to incite racial hate" and all they can talk about is look at the jobs yada yada look at the great things he's done. Sorry sir but there blinded by RACE period! There is no way, unless you are a communist or on welfare

And just a little more information for you the "welfare" system is a system that many, many, people that now find themselves in need has in the past paid into this same system they they unfortunatly find themselves in need of now, as I too know very hard working people that have worked everyday of their working life and paid taxes and contributed to a system that was put in place to help them in such a time as this. of course their are those that abuse the system, just like a tax cheat, a corporate embezzler, Dr's cheating the medicaid/medicare system, brokers and bankers stealing from us every day, but thank God you have'nt had to reach for a life line yet, wonder what you will do when you have to look a child in the face and say we don't have money to eat this week all because of no fault of your own. Will be an intresting day when you have to face it, just pray you don't.

SERIOUSLY!!! More people are on Food Assistance than any other time and that number has risen sharply. I imagine it's due to the economic conditions and high unemployment...not because people woke up one day and decided they would just rather live day to day on very little instead of working. (Yes I realize there are people who do this, but penalizing the masses for the screw ups of the few is not a good idea, a fair idea, or an idea that would help the situation. It would be a grave, scarring, and embarrassing move on the part of America, if we took the right to vote away from these people.