Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

the ministerial delegation told us that Iraq is no longer under chapter 7

trooper

"the ministerial delegation told us that Iraq is no longer under chapter 7

Jan 14th

Uzmatk _ but Talabani accuses Kuwait of non Taataawneha in resolving outstanding issues between the two countries

BAGHDAD / n. X

Accused of a member of the Parliamentary Committee on Foreign Affairs of Kuwait, but Talabani not to cooperate in resolving the outstanding issues between the two countries.

Said Talabani in a press statement quoted "news agency Uzmatk" that "the Kuwaiti side, according to our recent meeting in the Foreign Relations Committee in the Parliament with the Deputy Foreign Minister Mohammed Hajj Hamoud, the number of advisers ministry we know, according to the delegation, said the Kuwaiti side is uncooperative in resolving the outstanding issues remaining between Iraq Kuwait and even he Dabbagh solve the closure of these files. "

She added that "the ministerial delegation told us that Iraq is no longer under Chapter Chapter VII of the UN Security Council because it issued several resolutions and there are aspects of the response from the Iraq and have committed themselves and carried out such as the issue of international debt and weapons of mass destruction and file the oil for food and that the only file remaining on Kuwait, and even this got it made some adjustments need to be across the political decision that can not decide by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or any other government institution. "

She explained that "one of the files that are needed to the political decision is the land border and shared water and compensation by the invasion of the former regime of Kuwait and Mbina Mubarak, in addition to the file missing and the remains of Kuwaitis responded with Iraq a lot," referring to the "pursuit of the Iraqi government in the Council of Ministers and the Ministry of Foreign solution the remaining outstanding issues with Kuwait through a single transaction to close in full and final. "

link !!! http://anm-news.net/index.php/permalink/8793.html

• Upvote 4

Kind of confusing but it seems they are saying they are out of chapter 7. Which if true, is huge.

referring to the "pursuit of the Iraqi government in the Council of Ministers and the Ministry of Foreign solution the remaining outstanding issues with Kuwait through a single transaction to close in full and final. "

• Upvote 2

" ... and that the only file remaining on Kuwait, and even this got it made some adjustments need to be across the political decision that can not decide by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or any other government institution. "

From the above quote, it sounds more to me like they are facing one stumbling block here that needs to be dealt with and it cannot be done by government ... *huh?* ... so I am assuming that is something that has to be handled by the UN ... ?

Also, they are going to have to negotiate reparations regarding the bodies of Kuwaiti soldiers who perished during the invasion. I don't believe it is possible, or even reasonable, to expect that all the remains can be found and returned, which is what Kuwait has been demanding.

And when it comes to that kind of negotiation, involving cash, or concessions in some other area, such as land or access to land, you and I both know it isn't a quick thing.

Unless they can get the UN to lift chapter seven before that is completed on the promise that the two parties will have it worked out by a certain time. I just don't see this happening quickly. And even if they do make that kind of deal, the Iraqis seem to have absolutely no idea how to keep to a schedule as we all saw a year ago with the seating of the GOI.

But we can hope, pray, twiddle our thumbs and clean out the garage while waiting.

:)

smee2

• Upvote 1

Hey i did some digging around an found the same article posted on a whole diff website so maybeeeeeeeeee it,s true

here is the other one with link

But Talabani: Ataataaon in Kuwait to end the outstanding issues and the Iraqi government trying to solve one deal

Saturday, 14 December / 2 January 2012 07:10

[baghdad - where]

Accused of a member of the Parliamentary Committee on Foreign Affairs of Kuwait not to cooperate in resolving the outstanding issues between the two countries.

The member of the Committee, but Talabani told all of Iraq [where] that "the Kuwaiti side, according to our recent meeting in the Foreign Relations Committee in the Parliament with the Deputy Foreign Minister Mohammed Hajj Hamoud, the number of advisers ministry we know, according to the delegation, said the Kuwaiti side is uncooperative in resolving the outstanding issues remaining between Iraq and Kuwait, and he even Dabbagh to solve and close these files. "

She added that "the ministerial delegation told us that Iraq is no longer under Chapter Chapter VII of the UN Security Council because it issued several resolutions and there are aspects of the response from the Iraq and have committed themselves and carried out such as the issue of international debt and weapons of mass destruction and file the oil for food and that the only file remaining on Kuwait, and even this got it made some adjustments need to be across the political decision that can not decide by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or any other government institution. "

She said "one of the files that are needed to the political decision is the land border and shared water and compensation by the invasion of the former regime of Kuwait and Mbina Mubarak, in addition to the file missing and the remains of Kuwaitis responded with Iraq a lot," referring to the "pursuit of the Iraqi government in the Council of Ministers and the Ministry of Foreign solution the remaining outstanding issues with Kuwait through a single transaction to close in full and final. "

Iraq has been under since 1990 to the seventh item in the Charter of the United Nations under the decision of the Security Council of the United Nations over the invasion of the former regime of Kuwait in that year and continues to Iraq under the Tailth because of the survival of some outstanding issues between the two countries such as the remains of prisoners and missing Kuwaitis in Iraq, the Kuwaiti archives and compensation of oil and burning oil wells in addition to the freezing of Iraqi assets in the financial world banks to pay compensation to those affected by the invasion. finished

http://www.alliraqnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=24308:2012-01-13-13-10-13&catid=48:2011-05-09-09-16-30&Itemid=77

• Upvote 1

" ... and that the only file remaining on Kuwait, and even this got it made some adjustments need to be across the political decision that can not decide by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or any other government institution. "

From the above quote, it sounds more to me like they are facing one stumbling block here that needs to be dealt with and it cannot be done by government ... *huh?* ... so I am assuming that is something that has to be handled by the UN ... ?

Also, they are going to have to negotiate reparations regarding the bodies of Kuwaiti soldiers who perished during the invasion. I don't believe it is possible, or even reasonable, to expect that all the remains can be found and returned, which is what Kuwait has been demanding.

And when it comes to that kind of negotiation, involving cash, or concessions in some other area, such as land or access to land, you and I both know it isn't a quick thing.

Unless they can get the UN to lift chapter seven before that is completed on the promise that the two parties will have it worked out by a certain time. I just don't see this happening quickly. And even if they do make that kind of deal, the Iraqis seem to have absolutely no idea how to keep to a schedule as we all saw a year ago with the seating of the GOI.

But we can hope, pray, twiddle our thumbs and clean out the garage while waiting.

smee2

My garage is so clean from waiting, you could eat off the floor.. :D If you wanted to that is.

I do preffer the dining table though.

Maybe I'm wrong but it sounds like the final file on Kuwait can't be completed by the governments because Kuwait is so ridiculously dead set on certain terms that no matter how or what Iraq tries in negotiations that Kuwait will not budge So it will be left up to the UN to make a decision in settling this file on Kuwait so both countries can move forward...JMHO

• Upvote 3

I thought they had to RV before they where released for chapter 7???

I have read it in other postings......

IMHO: These sanctions were put into place in 1991 (or 90'). A revaluation has nothing to do with sanctions.

I just posted an article where Saleh is requesting removal from VII, dated today.

As I recall, the list of items required to be completed by Iraq was fairly long. The way that I see this is every item that gets completed is one step closer to removal from Chapter VII. Is the last one? Maybe. Seem to be a lot of differing theories and opinions. Many have said that inorder to RV/RD/LOP that Iraq needs to have the HCL done, have the Govt seated, and Chapter VII completed. I still subscribe to that. This would be awsome if it is true.

NW Guy - Hello neighbor! Spokane here.

Maybe I'm wrong but it sounds like the final file on Kuwait can't be completed by the governments because Kuwait is so ridiculously dead set on certain terms that no matter how or what Iraq tries in negotiations that Kuwait will not budge So it will be left up to the UN to make a decision in settling this file on Kuwait so both countries can move forward...JMHO

This is what I gathered from the article.

From the mechanic to the customer: I'm done with you car but need to check the air in your tires.

In other words the main part is done but is the little details to make it completely done.

• Upvote 1