Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

United Nations is concerned about the situation in Iraq

It seems that there are some frustrations surfacing over this whole fiasco in Iraq. Squabbling over our personal opinions does not serve any purpose other than to rub salt in an already sore and puss filled wound. Here is what I think about this whole mess:

We are in an age of social unrest on a global scale, an information age where people are suddenly opening their eyes to the incredible injustices that have been imposed upon them. Here in America, we are no better. The fact is that there are more forces at work here than anyone of us could possibly fathom. I have been researching a theory that deals with one world government and a global currency. What I have uncovered are decades of secretive and insidious actions being played out by the world's most powerful people and institutions, with the Vatican and the Jesuit order at the head of most of it. We have all heard of Bilderberg, Freemason's, Illuminati etc etc but how many of you realize that there is a labyrynth of deceit that traces back to these groups, which it seems may also be connected to each other, for over a century at least.

There are bigger powers at work here and all we as people are getting is spoon fed "boots on the ground" information that is diluted and manipulated before it is released. I do not know to what end these conspiracies are true and what the outcome is but the signs and information is out there..at least for the moment. So do not attack one another because certainly, this is expected and the contempt it breeds makes us no better that the same people we are blaming in Iraq. I firmly believe the game is afoot but to what end, who knows. I will admit that while I remain hopeful that this investment will ultimately pay off, I grow more suspect with each passing month.

Good luck to everyone out here and let's not forget who we are as people just because our hopes might be fading over this investment. At some point, we may find we will need each other more than anyone could ever imagine.

Edited by ToothyGrins4U

It seems that there are some frustrations surfacing over this whole fiasco in Iraq. Squabbling over our personal opinions does not serve any purpose other than to rub salt in an already sore and puss filled wound. Here is what I think about this whole mess:

We are in an age of social unrest on a global scale, an information age where people are suddenly opening their eyes to the incredible injustices that have been imposed upon them. Here in America, we are no better. The fact is that there are more forces at work here than anyone of us could possibly fathom. I have been researching a theory that deals with one world government and a global currency. What I have uncovered are decades of secretive and insidious actions being played out by the world's most powerful people and institutions, with the Vatican and the Jesuit order at the head of most of it. We have all heard of Bilderberg, Freemason's, Illuminati etc etc but how many of you realize that there is a labyrynth of deceit that traces back to these groups, which it seems may also be connected to each other, for over a century at least.

There are bigger powers at work here and all we as people are getting is spoon fed "boots on the ground" information that is diluted and manipulated before it is released. I do not know to what end these conspiracies are true and what the outcome is but the signs and information is out there..at least for the moment. So do not attack one another because certainly, this is expected and the contempt it breeds makes us no better that the same people we are blaming in Iraq. I firmly believe the game is afoot but to what end, who knows. I will admit that while I remain hopeful that this investment will ultimately pay off, I grow more suspect with each passing month.

Good luck to everyone out here and let's not forget who we are as people just because our hopes might be fading over this investment. At some point, we may find we will need each other more than anyone could ever imagine.

Fooorr this investments defense, you have to admit that last year compared to this year the news coming out from the cbi is moreover actual news, rather than okie saying its gonna rv 5 minutes ago.

Here is a case of a direct insults to another member, not liking you very much there lomeygoat but I can tell by your demeanor that you could careless. I for one disagree with both of some of your comments and agree to some of them but by both of you attacking each other doesn't really serve well, JMO. If the mods care to listen to me I would start heading you to the door for this one.

Have a good day....

I agree. It is Not OK to treat each other like this and it is OK to have differing opinions! Civility is missing here, why do you think wars are started, because of this type of behavior many times. Stop it, agree to disagree and be done with it. Do you really think you will change the other persons mind by calling them names and treating them like idiots? Really? JMO.

r2

• Upvote 1

I agree. It is Not OK to treat each other like this and it is OK to have differing opinions! Civility is missing here, why do you think wars are started, because of this type of behavior many times. Stop it, agree to disagree and be done with it. Do you really think you will change the other persons mind by calling them names and treating them like idiots? Really? JMO.

r2

Ditto....

• Upvote 1

Your right its does sound familiar, except its opposite. Were not cutting imports of oil to Iran, Were asking allied nations to Stop buying oil from Iran, which is just as devastating. IMO America is basically telling Iran if they don't keep their dirty hands of Iraq, than were gonna create very big problems for them.

Not sure what the difference is.......Commerce disruption .....or "sanctions" of this sort are acts of war against another county...

Why is it that Iran has to keep their "dirty hands out of Iraq"......but its okay for the USA to act with impunity?

• Upvote 1

Not sure what the difference is.......Commerce disruption .....or "sanctions" of this sort are acts of war against another county...

Why is it that Iran has to keep their "dirty hands out of Iraq"......but its okay for the USA to act with impunity?

I think its OK because the USA doesn't go around threatening other nations with nuclear weapons. If Israel is our ally, and Iran wants to unleash nuclear bombs on them simply because they don't like there religion, or there views. Well now Iran is threatening to kill millions of Israelis. That right there is a threat that goes against the Geneva convention. If America is as bad as your making it out to be, then heck wed blow the crap out of any country we didn't like. Last time i checked we have the biggest weapon arsenal in the world. Why do people get the impression that America is just some big bully who randomly picks on other countries. Ive been around for 22 years now, and every "impunity" act that America has done has been because a fascist or dictator starts killing thousands of people just because of religious views or for no other good reason.. Not once have i seen America go into a country and kill combatants just for economical gains. All these idiots say "oh America invaded Iraq because of the chance to make money" well folks news flash, 10 years later and almost 7,000 Americans dead. I'm not seeing any of the gain that America went to war for, except making thousands of families suffer because of the loss of loved ones.

We fought in Iraq to improve peoples lives their. Do you know how many times Ive seen an Iraqi child smiling in happiness, just because an American soldier picked him up, or talked to him. gave him something so SIMPLE AS A BALL TO PLAY WITH. But us going to Iraq was an impunity. Just like us trying to stop the extermination of Israelis is and impunity.

Got a question for you Rich man, have you ever seen war? do you know why most Americans died in Vietnam. Because they could not pull the trigger. Its sad when a nation hates it soldiers, but a nation like south Korea and south Vietnam love them for saving their lives. What an impunity huh.

• Upvote 2

I think its OK because the USA doesn't go around threatening other nations with nuclear weapons. If Israel is our ally, and Iran wants to unleash nuclear bombs on them simply because they don't like there religion, or there views. Well now Iran is threatening to kill millions of Israelis. That right there is a threat that goes against the Geneva convention. If America is as bad as your making it out to be, then heck wed blow the crap out of any country we didn't like. Last time i checked we have the biggest weapon arsenal in the world. Why do people get the impression that America is just some big bully who randomly picks on other countries. Ive been around for 22 years now, and every "impunity" act that America has done has been because a fascist or dictator starts killing thousands of people just because of religious views or for no other good reason.. Not once have i seen America go into a country and kill combatants just for economical gains. All these idiots say "oh America invaded Iraq because of the chance to make money" well folks news flash, 10 years later and almost 7,000 Americans dead. I'm not seeing any of the gain that America went to war for, except making thousands of families suffer because of the loss of loved ones.

We fought in Iraq to improve peoples lives their. Do you know how many times Ive seen an Iraqi child smiling in happiness, just because an American soldier picked him up, or talked to him. gave him something so SIMPLE AS A BALL TO PLAY WITH. But us going to Iraq was an impunity. Just like us trying to stop the extermination of Israelis is and impunity.

Got a question for you Rich man, have you ever seen war? do you know why most Americans died in Vietnam. Because they could not pull the trigger. Its sad when a nation hates it soldiers, but a nation like south Korea and south Vietnam love them for saving their lives. What an impunity huh.

"I think its OK because the USA doesn't go around threatening other nations with nuclear weapons".........................That's right...cuz we are the only nation that has actually used a nuclear weapon in an act of war

"Well now Iran is threatening to kill millions of Israelis"...You are probable reffering to media hyped quote that they would "wipe Israel off the map"...might want to investigate that POOR translation

"Why do people get the impression that America is just some big bully who randomly picks on other countries"....................Because we do

" fascist or dictator starts killing thousands of people just because of religious views or for no other good reason"..............you don't really believe that do you?

" All these idiots say "oh America invaded Iraq because of the chance to make money"...................Have you actually read any news about Iraqi oil development / infastructure?

"We fought in Iraq to improve peoples lives their."..............I thought it was because Saddam had WMD's....(not)

Got a question for you.................................Do you actually work for CNN.....Fox.......Or one of the other propaganda machines?.....Just curious

Edited by therichman

"I think its OK because the USA doesn't go around threatening other nations with nuclear weapons".........................That's right...cuz we are the only nation that has actually used a nuclear weapon in an act of war

"Well now Iran is threatening to kill millions of Israelis"...You are probable reffering to media hyped quote that they would "wipe Israel off the map"...might want to investigate that POOR translation

"Why do people get the impression that America is just some big bully who randomly picks on other countries"....................Because we do

" fascist or dictator starts killing thousands of people just because of religious views or for no other good reason"..............you don't really believe that do you?

" All these idiots say "oh America invaded Iraq because of the chance to make money"...................Have you actually read any news about Iraqi oil development / infastructure?

"We fought in Iraq to improve peoples lives their."..............I thought it was because Saddam had WMD's....(not)

Got a question for you.................................Do you actually work for CNN.....Fox.......Or one of the other propaganda machines?.....Just curious

No ive worked for the USMC, ive seen people get shot in the head and die to make sure your relatives don't get killed in plane bombings. As far as Im concerned you should be hanging With Sadaam.

Im not wasting my time on such an idiot anymore. I hope An Iranian terrorist kills your family. Then maybe you'll appreciate what your soldiers do for you. It is was not for ******* oil.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Another lie......

http://www.history.navy.mil/library/online/american%20war%20casualty.htm

Another Lie huh? You seem like a pretty tough guy. Get some more of your links and and find out that the north Vietnamese used thousands of children to kill Americans. Ranging from making new borns sit on mines crying and waiting for an American Soldier to pick them up so the mine went off, you need to go to a local VFW and stop googling ur bull **** articles. your seriously mislead.

I hope An Iranian terrorist kills your family.

dude you seriously need to get a grip. that kind of statement is uncalled for period! i appreciate your passion for what you believe in but man-o-man dude there should be some boundary to how you express it. you are doing nothing more but solidifying the point of your opponent by your militaristic style response.

i disagree with your opinion but i am quite honestly a bit fretful to voice it because i certainly don't want a marine wishing dealth on my family after going through such hardships to protect them huh.gif

• Upvote 1

dude you seriously need to get a grip. that kind of statement is uncalled for period! i appreciate your passion for what you believe in but man-o-man dude there should be some boundary to how you express it. you are doing nothing more but solidifying the point of your opponent by your militaristic style response.

i disagree with your opinion but i am quite honestly a bit fretful to voice it because i certainly don't want a marine wishing dealth on my family after going through such hardships to protect them huh.gif

Maybe it was over the top, But i don't really care. Its Americans like him who don't appreciate the thousands who have died to protect his freedom. But apparently all the death and suffering was due to economical gains to the US. As far as I'm concerned what he said is one million times worse than anything i said. He needs a reality check.

Ohh and neg me all you want, ban me. I DC. i fought in iraq with my brothers. Ive seen grown men cry because their best friends just got incinerated by IEDS or got picked off by a sniper, Ive seen HUMVV's come back the doors open and blood just poor out but nothing else. . I don't need to google articles to know why i fought their. Regardless of whether some jackass who sits at home and googles articles thinks, i know what we fought for. He knows nothing. And hes not gonna sit here and post bullshit links when i saw it with my own two eyes. I have no respect for people who think we invaded Iraq for oil., because those people who think that don't respect everyone who sacrificed their lives to make sure the iraqi people never get gassed again, and never have genocide brought upon them. People who say that Insult all the Americans who lost their lives on September 11th

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Ohh and neg me all you want, ban me. I DC. i fought in iraq with my brothers. Ive seen grown men cry because their best friends just got incinerated by IEDS or got picked off by a sniper, Ive seen HUMVV's come back the doors open and blood just poor out but nothing else. . I don't need to google articles to know why i fought their. Regardless of whether some jackass who sits at home and googles articles thinks, i know what we fought for. He knows nothing. And hes not gonna sit here and post bullshit links when i saw it with my own two eyes. I have no respect for people who think we invaded Iraq for oil., because those people who think that don't respect everyone who sacrificed their lives to make sure the iraqi people never get gassed again, and never have genocide brought upon them. People who say that Insult all the Americans who lost their lives on September 11th

Its an absolute travesty that the USMC has stolen your humanity and kindness from you....and replaced it with a heart of hatred and blind rage.

God help us.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

First thing to show through in the points that you raise about the 2nd WW is that it is from the history taught during the basic training upon USMC entry. You have your perspective but so does everyone else, and this does not make either of you right. To speak so authoritatively on the 2ndWW would make you a historian because there is no way you can have taken part as is the likelihood of your involvement with Vietnam, when we factor in your reference to time served in Iraq. You were not the only person to see things that can effect the rest of your life, but carrying so much anger with such memories will in all probability cause concern to those around you. E.g.on here, some jackass, knows nothing, no respect, you joined the Military, not a kindergarten, like the majority of us you cared sod all for anyone and anyplace, and if truth be told really wanted to shoot and kill and overcome anything put in front of you, as I did. Listening to another opinion opposed to your own and maybe learning a different perspective does not make you weak. Making remarks about "fought in Iraq with my brothers" did you mean all military brothers like the non American ones, September 11Th was not exclusive to American deaths, those offices were the workplace for people from many nations worldwide, but anyone reading this sort of outpouring about America from your viewpoint will either answer you in kind or just quietly re-think their opinions(wrongly) and maybe change the level of regard towards all Americans. I had the privilege of having by my side an American who came and joined our Airborne in early 70's throughout the Irish troubles and it was through contact with his relatives that I heard the American viewpoint on N. Ireland, and heard about the collections of money within the Irish American groups and Unions, which at the time disgusted me but that was just the Irish had better access to media and got their propaganda embedded before any contradictory news bulletins appeared within USA press. I don't believe this scarred me for life against all Americans, nor did it stop me doing work refurbishing steelwork in American buildings. Please listen without anger,debate with passion, respect other viewpoints and opinions, love your country but understand that it's history may be viewed differently from the perspective of other nations, from Red Indian, to slavery, to it's involvement today, things change, evolve whether we like it or not . Respects Dave.

• Upvote 1

The problem is I don't need links. When America uses ONE branch of the military to CONTAIN a whole country from expanding a war in the pacific, BUT utilizes All branches of military service to stop the occupation of Germany in Europe.. well thats all the proof you need. Your gonna need a billion links to prove to me that Japan was more of a threat than Germany. Period. End of story. So please, Keep posting your links about how you think America Entered into WW2 because of Japan. Our involvement in WW2 was imminent. Regardless of whether Japan attacked us or not.

1.Battle deaths were 292,131, Army 234,874, Navy 36,950, Marine Corps 19,733, Coast Guard 574, and United States Army Air Forces (included in Army) 52,173. (185,924 deaths occurred in the European/Atlantic theater of operations and 106,207 deaths occurred in Asia/Pacific theater of operations

I don't believe you are completely accurate that the Marine Corp was the only branch of service in the Pacific theater. But with that being said the Marine Corp was and probably still is the best force to use while doing amphibious landing and island hopping style of fighting. The Marines are a niche force and would probably not have done as well as the larger Army in the European theater mainly due to logistics.

So i suppose the comments made by nick.powell52 to another member on page 3 of this artical is O.K. then? Hypocrite

Boy you have a real problem, the comment nick.powell52 made to him was after I stated this to nick.powell52 . Once again you must really not pay much attention to what you read, you just want to call people names and act like you know what you are talking about. I do not wast my time with people like you, so do not refer to me again as I will not wast my time going forward to you sir, be a big boy and move on.......

So i suppose the comments made by nick.powell52 to another member on page 3 of this artical is O.K. then? Hypocrite

How about page 1, post 18 is the one you are referring too that I made to him and you expect me to know that he was going to say something two pages later that would put him in a category with you. So because of this you call me a Hypocrite.

Dude I have been at the hospital visiting my Mother that is going thru cancer treatment as all of this was going on but thanks for the bashing...

Nick, I am not going to say I understand how you feel, because i have not been to war. It is unfathomable to me, and I am sure you will carry it with you for all of your life.

What I will say is that you have come into a conversation with a few that you are disagreeing with. I would ask that you look around at other members, members that also have served, many members that have served and know the pain that you know. Here at DV, we are very supportive of our military brothers and sisters, and actually have great commraderie, believe it or not.

Please don't be discouraged by one conversation, and stick with us. We respect you, and as a military guy, I am sure that we can learn much from you, especially someone like myself that does not have a military family, or military service myself.

Take care. We are always here.

Edited by Carrello
  • Upvote 1

it's jerks like you that make this life hard to cope with. Your one of the war mongers that think every time something isn't done to your liking it should be met with force. We was in the war because France and the other Countries needed our help. And we volunteered.

Iraq didn't ask for our help. They were fine the way they were. It is our greedy Politicians that saw a bundle to be made with this war so they created a reason to go in there. Now "YOU" say we didn't mess them up enough! Big man. We are the Untied States and we can do anything we want. Really! Wait the day we mess with china, then get on your knees and pray to God to forgive you. Because there won't be any place to hide.

from one extreme to another, all of Irac's people are not dumb and don't want to blow everyone or everything up. Should we have been over there?( well GOD works in mysterious ways)time will tell, but being asses to one another isn't going to resolve anything. what do you say we just pray for all of us