Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

If it does RV?

Nomadft

I just wondering, and I'm pretty sure its been brought up before, I my have not found it yet; but God willing this IQD does RV, has anyone thought of any charities that are going to donate to? I myself have come up with a couple; like Toys for Tots, some local veteran charities, and some teen homeless charities which seems to be a growing problem around here, and of course some good Christian/church charities. But it a plan to spread some love in a world that seems to be going to s*it.

Thanks for taking a look......GO RV!!!!!

• Upvote 3

I've thought about it alot! Besides my church I want to reach out to the food bank, then to programs for the disabled children. I really like the horse programs they have! I also am contributing to the Salvation Army. I like the idea for toys for tots, there!

Keep Christmas in your heart! :)

• Upvote 1

Yes, there have been a couple of threads that have suggested charities. Adam has some on the website which are related to military charities.

Here is one which I have assisted for a long, long, time. They do wonderful work related to medical care for the Honduran people. And, they are monitored as to how they spend your contributions to them by the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA), effective April 14, 2011. ECFA (www.ecfa.org) is a highly-respected organization accrediting the work and financial operations of ministries throughout the world.

I know all the staff at the Presidan clinic and you couldn't ask for a greater group of people. Check them out at their websites: Predisan.org They are a 501c3 organization and they have a U.S. Office and Board in Atlanta, Ga.

• Upvote 2

Our heart is for the homeless. There are Soo many people displaced in our city/country. Many suffer from drug addiction, mental illness, and others have just plane lost everything they have. Men, women, children... families :( The statistics of homeless teenagers and children is amazing! One statistic from 2009 said that "in the 2007-2008 school year there were approximately 790,000 homeless children enrolled in the public school system" In this country! And the good Lord knows that things have gotten alot worse in the following years. When times were tough for our family, we were blessed with family and friends support. Not everyone has been so lucky. :( There are some really good organizations that are set up to help, but my husband wants to get involved more, not just financially,..... So hopefully post RV, he will have the time and money to find the that opportunity to make a difference.. God Bless you all :)

• Upvote 2

Ever heard of the Heifer foundation? They may give a goat or milk cow to a family, teach them how to care for it and require that they in turn give the first offspring to a neighbor and teach them how to care for the animal. I haven't check them out as far as cost vs. donation goes yet.

• Upvote 2

Like Keep said United way is NOT a good choice, but Salvation Army is. Also check out St. Judes Children Hospital, if I remember correctly they turn no child away. Insurance or not and don't back charge people that can't afford the treatment.

• Upvote 2

My son was killed by a drunk driver so I plan on giving to MADD.

Quad :(

I'm sorry to hear that, my Friend....I wish you the Best.

I'll be very geneous to the Salvation Army. Why? It uses many volunteers. Their CEO is only paid $50K yr. Their overhead is low meaning over 90% of donations reach the folks. Go SA.

That should be the way ( if data are true indeed) for every Charity as a simple rule of Ethics.

• Upvote 2

Just a Thought, and you can definitely give to charity, but try taking some of the money and place it aside to bless people that you come in contact with every day. I.e. pay for someones gas, pay for the peoples meal behind you in the fast food line, pay for other peoples tolls, you get the idea. That also helps to make a big difference!!!

• Upvote 5

I agree with Keep & Bigsky, UnitedWay is NOT the way. I had very BAD experience with them in addition to their HIGH administrative costs. AmeriCare has one of the lowest costs.

I have a number of favorites myself, Wounded Warrior, Active Disabled Americans, Dive Pirates (Disabled divers), Masonic Charities, and I expect to find many opportunities to practice "Random Acts of Kindness". I plan to invest well, and keep a percentage of those funds helping others.

• Upvote 3

I agree with Keep & Bigsky, UnitedWay is NOT the way. I had very BAD experience with them in addition to their HIGH administrative costs. AmeriCare has one of the lowest costs.

I have a number of favorites myself, Wounded Warrior, Active Disabled Americans, Dive Pirates (Disabled divers), Masonic Charities, and I expect to find many opportunities to practice "Random Acts of Kindness". I plan to invest well, and keep a percentage of those funds helping others.

A fellow Traveling man....hello Brother

Another thought, again if I remember correctly, the Red Cross I think has a very high administrative cost like United Way, and I always try to keep enough cash on me to buy Military guys/gals meals when I get the chance. Per Cayes98 " Random acts of Kindness" that's a great one!!! I think most everyone on here has great instincts for this, and the military options are really good since they are the ones that allow us to be where we are!!!

Quaddkidd1 am extremely sorry for your loss.

• Upvote 1

United Way actually has one of the lower ratings on percentage of funds going to actual helping of people.

here is a list of charities and how they rate according to a snopes article http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/charities.asp

The only exception to this information is the Salvation Army which has undergone sweeping internal changes and completely revamped their organization.

Ratings for them according to this article are outdated and incorrect. It is now one of the most efficient charities.

Here is a forbes slide show list of the most frugile charities with 100 % of funds going to actual helping of people http://www.forbes.com/2009/11/23/charities-most-efficient-personal-finance-charity-09-efficiency_slide_7.html

GP

• Upvote 1

I'm going to donate my money to Navin R Johnson and assist him in preventing Cat Juggling.

"Good Lord - I've heard about this - cat juggling! Stop! Stop! Stop it! Stop it! Stop it! Good. Father, could there be a God that would let this happen?" :D:D:D:D:D

Sounds like a great cause.B)

*****St Jude's for sure******

A fellow Traveling man....hello Brother

"Faith, Hope, and Charity" biggrin.gif

"For Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.Hope maketh not ashamed. Charity suffereth long and is kind; Charity enviethnot; Charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, doth not behave itselfunseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil,rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; beareth all things,believeth all things, endureth all things. Charity never faileth; but whetherthere be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shallcease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away; for we know in part,and we prophesy in part; but when that which is perfect is come, then that whichis in part shall be done away.”

• Upvote 1