Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Atheists are Most Hated and Distrusted Minority

Tiffany23

No, she asked for clarification. You said 'For those with an evil heart who never knew or wanted to know God'. This seems to say exactly what dhardage asked about. Do you mean that those who never knew or wanted to know God have an evil heart because that is what your words imply. If that's not what you mean then all you need to do is make your point in a less ambiguous fashion and provide clarfication if needed.

Let's see. I just stated that my statement was twisted around. I thought you were the smart guy. I did not imply. You both are inferring.

If I say "people who go to the ball game who steal off the concession or spit on the ground" mean that all people who steal off the concession or spit on the floor are people who go to the ball game?

This won't be clear enough. Another try:

People with an evil heart: if their heart is not evil, then the rest does not apply.

If they are evil and never wanted to know God, and never knew him, then the rest.

No. I did not say that those who never knew God or wanted to know Him were evil.

I thought I made that clear in my last response. That will be for someone else to decide. Not my area.

Let's see. I just stated that my statement was twisted around. I thought you were the smart guy. I did not infer. You both are implying.

If I say "people who go to the ball game who steal off the concession or spit on the ground" mean that all people who steal off the concession or spit on the floor are people who go to the ball game?

This won't be clear enough. Another try:

People with an evil heart: if their heart is not evil, then the rest does not apply.

If they are evil and never wanted to know God, and never knew him, then the rest.

No. I did not say that those who never knew God or wanted to know Him were evil.

I thought I made that clear in my last response. That will be for someone else to decide. Not my area.

I think you are getting cranky, Broke. Do you need a hug??? :wub::hug:

Definitely. My husband just told someone the other day that I looked 11 months pregnant. I'm just not quite me. I'm sorry. I am being rude and condescending. I shall take myself elsewhere.

then you definately need a couple of hugs!! :hug: :hug:

and from one woman to another............what size frying pan did you hit him with? :)

And I bloody hate what I'm doing right now. Fixing a microsoft powerpoint presentation that someone else bungled. I am a MAC girl. :angry:

then you definately need a couple of hugs!! :hug: :hug:

and from one woman to another............what size frying pan did you hit him with? :)

He doesn't know what hit him yet.

He doesn't know I know.

I'm trying not to be so nasty that I have to get into it with him.

I'm just questioning everything that I thought was true about us. y'know? The "what would Jesus do" thing just doesn't really feel that good right now.

I'm considering cashing in the RV and moving to a third world country with all the money. I have a passport, he doesn't.

I hear Belize is lovely this time of year :o

And I bloody hate what I'm doing right now. Fixing a microsoft powerpoint presentation that someone else bungled. I am a MAC girl. :angry:

He doesn't know what hit him yet.

He doesn't know I know.

I'm trying not to be so nasty that I have to get into it with him.

I'm just questioning everything that I thought was true about us. y'know? The "what would Jesus do" thing just doesn't really feel that good right now.

I'm considering cashing in the RV and moving to a third world country with all the money. I have a passport, he doesn't.

I hear Belize is lovely this time of year :o

I LOVE IT!! Want company?? And yes, I know exactly how you feel. It sux!!

and can you hide some Dinar pre-RV? :)

I LOVE IT!! Want company?? And yes, I know exactly how you feel. It sux!!

Yes :lol: and not his. The funny part is he is WAY more overweight than I am. I'm a little thick. He's WAY thick. :lol:

The part that really has me bugged is how much other little stuff I've overlooked and what it all means in one picture.

..she couldn't ONCE find the articulation it requires to comment on her own thread replies.

If you are referring to this thread, then you are correct, since she started this and then promptly bailed out.

However, Tiffany did a really good job of replying to most of her other posts. While I did not agree with her a lot most recently, she was very articulate and I was impressed that someone so young would even care about some of the topics discussed on this forum. I think DV has lost a gifted communicator.

I wonder if she was trying to reach out to us for help, but we were so focused on disproving her that we missed her entirely. I just wish she had been a little more direct about what she really wanted; I don't read between the lines very well and sometimes need to be slapped upside the head with a 2x4 before I get the obvious message.

I think ending the thread is a bad idea since it has raised many questions and the exchange of ideas remains civil. This thread may be Tiffany's legacy at DV! JMHO

• Upvote 1

Yes :lol: and not his. The funny part is he is WAY more overweight than I am. I'm a little thick. He's WAY thick. :lol:

The part that really has me bugged is how much other little stuff I've overlooked and what it all means in one picture.

:lol: yep. amazing how much bugs ya now, huh? The way he walks........speaks............chews...........breathes...........you just want to yell STOP THAT!

And he's trying to feed me organ meats from our beef. Especially the liver. It's revolting, and he wants me to act like it's good. I'd only slightly less rather go hungry. :angry:

personally, I have always loved liver! But next time you cook, make his dinner slightly different than yours! Anything he finds revolting?

If you are referring to this thread, then you are correct, since she started this and then promptly bailed out.

However, Tiffany did a really good job of replying to most of her other posts. While I did not agree with her a lot most recently, she was very articulate and I was impressed that someone so young would even care about some of the topics discussed on this forum. I think DV has lost a gifted communicator.

I wonder if she was trying to reach out to us for help, but we were so focused on disproving her that we missed her entirely. I just wish she had been a little more direct about what she really wanted; I don't read between the lines very well and sometimes need to be slapped upside the head with a 2x4 before I get the obvious message.

I think ending the thread is a bad idea since it has raised many questions and the exchange of ideas remains civil. This thread may be Tiffany's legacy at DV! JMHO

can brokenomore borrow that 2x4 ems? I think she needs it more!

• Upvote 1

:lol: yep. amazing how much bugs ya now, huh? The way he walks........speaks............chews...........breathes...........you just want to yell STOP THAT!

personally, I have always loved liver! But next time you cook, make his dinner slightly different than yours! Anything he finds revolting?

Probably not. It's been liver and heart and kidney and tounge fare this week. I've been under the weather (when I'm being productive you'll never see me on here this much) and trying to work from bed.

I can just ruin food. I don't know of anything he finds revolting. Seems like liver is one of those things where you either like it or you don't.

I'm sizing up the 14" cast iron skillet. I'm liking the idea of the idea. Right on his BALD spot.

The stuff he watches on TV. I just want to scream "TURN IT OFF!!!"

He's in construction. What should be a lawn is a junk yard full of that kind of sheet.

Probably not. It's been liver and heart and kidney and tounge fare this week. I've been under the weather (when I'm being productive you'll never see me on here this much) and trying to work from bed.

I can just ruin food. I don't know of anything he finds revolting. Seems like liver is one of those things where you either like it or you don't.

I'm sizing up the 14" cast iron skillet. I'm liking the idea of the idea. Right on his BALD spot.

The stuff he watches on TV. I just want to scream "TURN IT OFF!!!"

He's in construction. What should be a lawn is a junk yard full of that kind of sheet.

:lol: 14 inch is good. 18 inch is better!

I have a theory. Mind you, it's just a theory.

I suspect that when it's all said and done and we're standing at the Judgement Seat of Christ, it is we who are going to judge ourselves in His holy presence. I mean me judge me, you judge you, and decide if we can tolerate the pure perfection of the presence of God for all eternity. For those with an evil heart who never knew or wanted to know God, they won't be able to tolerate it. Those with a pure heart who sought the truth will be comfortable in His presence.

Just a theory. Nothin' to back it up. But as theories go, it's one of my favorite. :)

Hiya BrokeNo More...I have a similar theory to you....only when I get to stand in God's presence somehow my mind plays the "video" of my life from my deep subconscious level as it really was (what I did or didn't do in every minute detail) as I stand before Him...and so I too judge myself.

Thank you for taking the time to look up those verses. As I understand it, then, everyone who ever lived has simply been waiting for Jesus to judge them?

Correct

Jesus is never recorded as calling to the dead as these verses say that he would do. I suppose that the billions that have lived are all in a kind of limbo, waiting for Jesus’ call? Can you clarify that?

The passage in John was Jesus talking about what he was going to do, and if I’m reading it correctly, he’s speaking about the two passages in Peter that I quoted. Both of those passages are referring to the 3 days, between Crucifixion and Resurrection, notice they are speaking in the past tense, as in it has already been accomplished.

Concerning the Judgement of the Dead, the wicked dead will stay in their graves until the Great White Throne Judgement. The Dead in Christ will be raised when Jesus comes back to get the Living Christians (Known as the Rapture of the Church) before the 7 year Tribulation.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 (NLT)

13 And now, dear brothers and sisters, we want you to know what will happen to the believers who have died so you will not grieve like people who have no hope. 14 For since we believe that Jesus died and was raised to life again, we also believe that when Jesus returns, God will bring back with him the believers who have died.

15 We tell you this directly from the Lord: We who are still living when the Lord returns will not meet him ahead of those who have died. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. 17 Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. Then we will be with the Lord forever. 18 So encourage each other with these words.

Read Revelation 20

Second, you say that works don’t mean anything, it’s all about God’s grace. Your verses contradict that. According to Jesus, “Indeed, the time is coming when all the dead in their graves will hear the voice of God’s Son, 29 and they will rise again. Those who have done good will rise to experience eternal life, and those who have continued in evil will rise to experience judgment.

Jesus himself says that the good will be rewarded, the evil punished. If these are indeed the literal words of Jesus then this doesn’t square with the numeric exercise that you have done but does mean that we are indeed judged by our works.

Very good, you caught that. That same topic was a stumbling block for the early Christians as well.

When Christ died on a cross for the Sins of the World, it was a gift. If you add works into the equation as a requirement of salvation then it no longer becomes a gift. The works we do should be a result or evidence of our faith, not a requirement for salvation. Let’s return to the thief on the cross, what works did he do? Answer: None, therefore works isn’t a requirement. th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

• Upvote 2

To get a guy's attention, you've got to use something of value to him. While I like the cast iron skillet on the noggin, Broke may want to use some of the construction scraps in the yard. Either that or use frozen organ meat to give him a shiner.

Just make sure she says, "This is going to hurt for a bit, but you'll think twice about opening that trap of yours." Start crying immediately afterward and then tell God how naughty you were. He'll forgive you!

To get a guy's attention, you've got to use something of value to him. While I like the cast iron skillet on the noggin, Broke may want to use some of the construction scraps in the yard. Either that or use frozen organ meat to give him a shiner.

Just make sure she says, "This is going to hurt for a bit, but you'll think twice about opening that trap of yours." Start crying immediately afterward and then tell God how naughty you were. He'll forgive you!

I think I'm sniffing out a little sarcasm.

And as for telling God how naughty I am...He already knows. :lol: It's going to be a rough stretch.

Hey dean, just got off work. Let me tell you a little about my backround. I have searched through many religions looking for truth. As sad as it is, at one time I'm was a satanist, I was even a Mormon at one time. I have studied religions first hand because I believe I wam open minded but through the years, I have found Christ to be the answer and since then, nothing even compares. Imho. Please understand there is a myriad of materials but geisler breaks things down in a way that junior high students can follow and understand. Not calling you one... I would encourage you to read the book and after, then if you completely think I'm nuts, I would love to discuss it with you (with an open mind) my background should suffice as to whether that's possible or not. Please understand I'm not a bible thumper but to have a wonderful educated discussion, we must present points of views in a clear consise manner not led by emotions. Geisler says it better than I ever could. So its much easier to refer you to that material than making this a 200 page thread. Good luck on your search for truth.

:lol:

This is what I think, it's all speculation, but follow me, here. When Tiffany joined DV, about a year ago, she was into Buddahism and lived in the states. Roughly, 6 months ago, she moved to New Zealand. I have been to NZ and there is a large population of atheists. I think, that Tiff is a young woman in search of herself. She's gregarious and fun loving and has lived a more adventurous life, than most of us. I think she falls into friendships that are geared towards a particular belief and lifestyle and thinks that perhaps that is the route to take. I think when she starts threads of this nature, it's her way of either receiving confirmation or perhaps re-thinking the other side of the coin. I don't think she's quite convicted in the lifestyle's she's chosen. I have always liked Tiffany. She's always showed herself friendly. She is very intelligent. I think she's always in search of a role model. Just my thoughts.

• Downvote 1

This is what I think, it's all speculation, but follow me, here. When Tiffany joined DV, about a year ago, she was into Buddahism and lived in the states. Roughly, 6 months ago, she moved to New Zealand. I have been to NZ and there is a large population of atheists. I think, that Tiff is a young woman in search of herself. She's gregarious and fun loving and has lived a more adventurous life, than most of us. I think she falls into friendships that are geared towards a particular belief and lifestyle and thinks that perhaps that is the route to take. I think when she starts threads of this nature, it's her way of either receiving confirmation or perhaps re-thinking the other side of the coin. I don't think she's quite convicted in the lifestyle's she's chosen. I have always liked Tiffany. She's always showed herself friendly. She is very intelligent. I think she's always in search of a role model. Just my thoughts.

Hmmm....sorry...i still don't quite follow you. :(

Hmmm....sorry...i still don't quite follow you. sad.gif

laugh.gif I don't see you, following anybody, anyways (I mean that in a good way!).

I think Tiffany, starts threads like this to openly discuss the lifestyle she has chosen. To receive either, acceptance or rejection from others. She may not seem like the type to follow others in their beliefs, but I think she adopts lifestyles of those around her and perhaps isn't quite settled with those choices. Just speculation on my behalf. Nothing more.

• Downvote 1

laugh.gif I don't see you, following anybody, anyways (I mean that in a good way!).

I think Tiffany, starts threads like this to openly discuss the lifestyle she has chosen. To receive either, acceptance or rejection from others. She may not seem like the type to follow others in their beliefs, but I think she adopts lifestyles of those around her and perhaps isn't quite settled with those choices. Just speculation on my behalf. Nothing more.

:lol: buwhahaha....yup...i don't...if i follow someone they might lead me over a cliff.... :lol:

i agree...that everyone has a choice. and wotever choice ppl make is of their own doing. they are great people i know, and we have no right to judge. God will be their judge.