Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I would like to know everyone's thoughts with regard to the word greed. Please consider the word closely as it applies to your life.

Ski

Peace to all!

Many people are greedy with themselves, their space, time and resources. The mentality that does not lend itself to the consideration of others is driven by a spirit of greed. An inconsiderate, selfish spirited person is a greedy person, in my opinion. I see it in people often. Every time someone cuts another off in traffic or walks through a door and lets go of it without considering anyone behind them, every time someone cuts a line because they are too important in their own mind to be considerate of others, an all for me, my four and no more attitude... This, to me, is greed-driven behavior. B)

• Upvote 2

NBA Basketball is a fine example of greed at work. Players make millions, the owners have billions and make millions each year and yet they still strike and fight over money. The ones that they are hurting are all the blue collar workers that work these games but are sitting home not making a penny to feed their families while these jerks fight over big money to play basketball.

That is my description of greed! Plus what the couple post above mine said.

Bump

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

My personal definition is this...

Greed - When ambition to acquire more of something becomes unethical by denying others the same opportunity to acquire gains themselves.

In other words, there is nothing wrong with gaining all the wealth or items you want. When your gains deny other people opportunity, then you stepped into "greed".

• Upvote 12

greed is when you are not satisfied with what you have its like a drug you want more and more and mostly greed transpires from money and lust imho

I'm not nit-picking you but do feel the desire to expound on the money thing. Money itself is inanimate and neutral. Greed cannot have it's origin in money. It is the love of money that is the root of all evil. That is the basis of greed.

• Upvote 1

Greed is an insatiable desire for more wealth and power. It has a snowball effect the more you have the more you want and the tighter you become. You then lust after it. It starts as a small fire and quickly gets out of control and we end up walking over people to get what we want but don't neeed. It is all about self and me first and so they become self absorbed and inconsiderate of others. There needs to be balance and caring about others for us all to get along otherwise this is a very destructive path we tread.

• Upvote 3

My personal definition is this...

Greed - When ambition to acquire more of something becomes unethical by denying others the same opportunity to acquire gains themselves.

In other words, there is nothing wrong with gaining all the wealth or items you want. When your gains deny other people opportunity, then you stepped into "greed".

Howdy neighbor!

I see the San Jacinto monument everyday. I'm working in Deer Park for about another week.

greed is when you are not satisfied with what you have its like a drug you want more and more and mostly greed transpires from money and lust imho

Exactly. Good answer.

Let's keep focused in our personal lives as if the IQD will never RV. At the end of the day we will be better humans on this planet.

Peace all!

Ski

I would like to know everyone's thoughts with regard to the word greed. Please consider the word closely as it applies to your life.

Ski

Peace to all!

As this might get moved to the off topic section I'll attempt keep it topical...anyone posting derogatory statements about Iraq,its people and its Government,after what they've accomplished to date and the difficulties they face in the future because they haven't moved quickly enough to line our pockets is greedy..

Howdy neighbor!

I see the San Jacinto monument everyday. I'm working in Deer Park for about another week.

Well enjoy your last week my friend, take a jar of soil with you when you leave. Come back as soon as you can!

Greed is the love of possessing more of anything. Greed is the aiming always at getting more, the grabbing at things which it doesn't benefit a person to have. Or as Cicero says, "the unlawful desire for things which belong to others." When one evaluates life in material terms, who thinks that the value of life lies in the number of things that a person possesses, and not one thought of giving. A greedy person thinks that his desires and appetites and lusts are the most important thing in the world, who sees others as things to exploit and who thinks that God agrees or sanctifies his desires.

• Upvote 2

NBA Basketball is a fine example of greed at work. Players make millions, the owners have billions and make millions each year and yet they still strike and fight over money. The ones that they are hurting are all the blue collar workers that work these games but are sitting home not making a penny to feed their families while these jerks fight over big money to play basketball.

That is my description of greed! Plus what the couple post above mine said.

Bump

I agree with you Bump. I'm fu&king angry with the economy in our country. I guess that's why I brought up the topic relating to greed.

Ski

As this might get moved to the off topic section I'll attempt keep it topical...anyone posting derogatory statements about Iraq,its people and its Government,after what they've accomplished to date and the difficulties they face in the future because they haven't moved quickly enough to line our pockets is greedy..

No one has made derogatory remarks with regard to Iraq in this thread. I want Iraq to succeed in a profound way, as we all do.

Ski

• Upvote 1

Greed is not sharing anything that one person has an over abundance of, does anyone get how much we the dinar community can contribute back to the world when this thing hits. We read everyday about government and big corps. Taking and taking I mean really the list is endless. Let's be our own one percent and do the right thing. Help a family during the holidays whatever you want.

jmho

So Cal Dinar

Hey Bump they are arguing over three percent revenue sharing(the NBA) I for one will never go or watch another game.

• Upvote 1

Greed is not sharing anything that one person has an over abundance of, does anyone get how much we the dinar community can contribute back to the world when this thing hits. We read everyday about government and big corps. Taking and taking I mean really the list is endless. Let's be our own one percent and do the right thing. Help a family during the holidays whatever you want.

jmho

So Cal Dinar

Cool words So Cal. I understand your message clearly. My thoughts are similar. Thanks for your post.

Ski

I'm not nit-picking you but do feel the desire to expound on the money thing. Money itself is inanimate and neutral. Greed cannot have it's origin in money. It is the love of money that is the root of all evil. That is the basis of greed.

Money is the root of all evil. Pink Floyd spoke the words eloquently.

Many people are greedy with themselves, their space, time and resources. The mentality that does not lend itself to the consideration of others is driven by a spirit of greed. An inconsiderate, selfish spirited person is a greedy person, in my opinion. I see it in people often. Every time someone cuts another off in traffic or walks through a door and lets go of it without considering anyone behind them, every time someone cuts a line because they are too important in their own mind to be considerate of others, an all for me, my four and no more attitude... This, to me, is greed-driven behavior. B)

I read your words carefully. I agree with you completely.

Thank you for posting pureau.

Ski

Peace to all!

I personally don't think greed is good.

I do however think having aspirations is good, desiring finer things, desiring to make money, etc.

Greed is defined as the selfish and excessive desire for something usually money in this context. I know people often say greed makes capitalism work, greed is good, etc. The word greed to me strikes me as someone who will step on others to get get more, earn more, etc. Someone who only cares about themself, will do unethical things to gain things for themself, etc.

I think you can treat people well, be an honest person, treat others as you would like to be treated and still desire to make money, make a way for yourself, be successful, etc.

If someone were to ask me is greed good I would probably say yes because I tink that's just kind of a slogan in terms of is capitalism good, however the actual true definition of greed I think is a negative thing.

• Upvote 2