Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Is it just me or are SOME of the newer members just plain rude.

I will apologise in advance, because I am quite certain this is going to offend some body. This is not meant to do so. However, over the last few weeks or so I have had a lot of time on my hands to do an extensive amount of reading on here. I have spent more time reading V. I. P. Than anything else. Unfortunately, what I have also noticed is that over the past few weeks we seem to have acquired a new bunch of new members who seem to just stir up a hornets nest. Maybe I am wrong but I have noticed several post from relatively new members who have made comments, particularly towards Adam and him being a" pumper." Any of us who fully believe in this investment and are here to learn, express or opinions in a respectful manner, make new friends / contacts and have fun while we wait know this is not the case. It infuriates me that these few individuals think they have the right to join this fabulous site and then try to destroy it. Adam has explained on many occasions how this site runs. How it is financed through people like myself who have chosen to pay for V. I. P. Membership. He has explained the benefits of this post R. V. Adam is in this adventure to make money, as we all are, otherwise why are we here? Yes he recommends V. I. P. ....but when has he held a gun to any of our heads and said "pay up or get off my site ". It is his site. It is only natural that if you have something of benefit to others and you can earn a bit of a living along the way then wouldn't we all do the same? I am tired of hearing "I am a newbie and have been visiting for a while before I joined.............". Then by the time they reach their 3rd post or so they are name calling and creating a cyber riot. Adam has reset all our reputations. I agree with this if it helps weed out the bad apples. Unfortunately, if those of us amongst us rise to the bait of some of these -ve comments and end up receiving negs we could potentially end up band from the site. I made a comment on a thread three or four days ago and later that evening , because the person didn't like it they followed me round the site putting negs against my posts. Sadly they also negd some of the people I am friends with who were responding to my posts. The person is relatively new but it just shows how childish and petty some are being. I wish they could be some way of limiting newie post or monitoring their behaviour for a period once they become members. A kind of probationary period. I realise this would be very difficult if not impossible but at least then there might be a few less outburst when SOME of them have little or no understanding of this site, it's members or of Adam. I am sorry for the rant. I hope it makes sense. Adam if you read this..... Thanks for your efforts. Bettyboop. X :)

...nothing new under the sun here, babe. very similar comments, statements like yours have been written here time after time for many moons. And, I have never seen any action taken to clean it up at all, either. It is not that the mods are not proactive-its just that some of the people here, actually like that sort of stuff-beleive it or not- and tune in to soak it up and respond to it every day! Others, those actually responsable for the vitriol, troll around the internet looking for venues to spew their poisen wherever they can.

It is a matter of the heart, bp. We have a severely sick society, anymore. With the advent of the ' chat rooms' , it has provided yet another venue for those sick, hurt, dysfunctional and untreated members of society to vent their very painful soul towards others and be able to get away with it-which is why they keep doing it.

If i were a moderator (i am a manager in my occupation) all it would take from me is to delete any account(s) from those that have even a short history of this sort of online conduct. its called canceling your account "due to unsolicited and undesirable activity". They could return under another name-but all you do is watch their postings and cancel any inappropriate promulagation towards others.

Then again, the Freedom of Speach Ammendment gives them the right to vent this way, and some of these bad behaviour people are also buyers of some of the products sold here and through this venue. So what do ya do? Just give them a negative whenever you can and they will cancel themselves out.

• Upvote 3

I've been looking at this site since middle of '09, and I noticed this too. Seems to me that this always happens in waves. The site will calm down, and then we get new people that start doing research. They either don't know how or where to look, or are too lazy so like in Darins example that is how they get thier info. Good post :)

OK, I'm a relative noob as well, but my thought is that the members and participants on the forum actually have alot more power than we think. If you see inappropriate negative comments or bashing going on, the members have the responsibility to call that person out and give them a negative rating. The plus / minus system works both ways. I think there are many more optomists out there than the negative nellies, so let's start using the power of the ( - 1) to weed out the rotten apples. Also, let's start using the power of the (+1) to negate the bashers. The mods can only do so much, we need to help them out with our votes. Plus one to you Betty, I'll start this train :D

I think that some go through a learning process and until they get there facts right they will hender all...right?

• Upvote 1

I agree about the negative ninnies. I am so tired of trying to make a point, statement or even ask a question and to be blasted. There are some I do NOT want to ever meet in person. I find them not only rude but nausiating. If it was not for a few of the old timers that still are on this site I would have pulled out a long time ago. I am not here to make friends. I am not here to 'hook up'. I am not here to have people like me. I am here to make money. I am here to learn about my investment and to make money. I you are here to argue, to somewhere else and do not get in between me and my money investment. If you find this offensive, I probably find you offensive. I have tried being nice and to be blasted. I no longer care to be nice. Get out of my way and let me learn how to make money on my financial investments.

I want to be a positive person and NOT a nnegative nelly~ ;)

You already are! I enjoy your posts!

Plus one to you Betty Boop, for your great post. Wish I could give you plus two to even out your stalker. And I agree with what has been stated, if you see someone's post, and can't understand why they got a neg, consider evening them out. Also, if you accidentally use the neg button, as Umbertino wisely told me, just let everyone know so we can even it out between ourselves with 2 plus ones ( one to even out the neg and one for the plus that was intended to add one). I've hit the neg button when I meant to plus another member twice! It can happen to anyone so just ask for help.

Some of the childish payback behavior is really obvious, like someone saying Go RV! and getting a neg for that from someone else they disagreed with on another thread. It's silly. When I see that, I even it out. Also as members we have to let bygones be bygones. I have given plus ones to people that have totally irritated or insulted me on another thread days or weeks ago. I try to look at the post itself. Does it have value, information, explain something I previously didn't understand, or is it laugh out loud funny? If yes, plus one, regardless of who posted it.

Have a great night everyone. Betty, I am so glad you're doing better and recovering from your injuries.

• Upvote 5

Betty Boop,

Thank You for your great post this morning! I agree 100% with all that you said.

I have not posted because of the way things were here. Just when I was tempted to respond to something I would see the bashing begin and decided to wait... I am encouraged by the changes being made. This is a great site and a wonderful group of people, we just can't let the few rude ones ruin it for us. I intend to come out more often and I will try to use the positive and neg buttons in the right way to help out. ie evening things out when trolls are abusing others. Things are getting better everyday.

Thanks Maggie

Rest, Rest, Rest for You Dear :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

There will always be more of us who remain positive than there are of the negative nellies. I suggest that since there is a daily limit on minuses, the rest of us give plus marks frequently to those who behave as good citizens to build up "insurance" against the negs.

Go RV!

Blessings,

Texhad

• Upvote 4

Well said BB. Tne negative nellies are out there hiding behind their cloaklike the Clingon on Star Trek. If you get the chance Betty read my topic that I am about to post that will put a bit of a different spin on things.

Welcome back to the site and stay healthy young lady. :rolleyes::)

• Upvote 1

It's not just you BB. Newbies come on all the time with an axe to grind. Hopefully Adam and the mods will be successful with the new policies implemented to weed out the rude ones. I have witnessed the demise of several that needed to go. The banhammer swings swift and true. Surprisingly, they don't even hear it coming, even after being warned.

• Upvote 1

OK, I'm a relative noob as well, but my thought is that the members and participants on the forum actually have alot more power than we think. If you see inappropriate negative comments or bashing going on, the members have the responsibility to call that person out and give them a negative rating. The plus / minus system works both ways. I think there are many more optomists out there than the negative nellies, so let's start using the power of the ( - 1) to weed out the rotten apples. Also, let's start using the power of the (+1) to negate the bashers. The mods can only do so much, we need to help them out with our votes. Plus one to you Betty, I'll start this train :D

I agree Mr T. And I think that is the proper use for the -1. I realize lots of folks use the -1 just because they disagree with someones post. But everyone has an opinion. People shouldn't be poorly rated for their opinion.

But, when you get mean and attack someone, or otherwise behave poorly, -1 it is!

BTW +1 for you.

• Upvote 3