Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Sort Of A Bank Story

TychoKaine

Well, here goes nothing... I never thought that I would have a bank story, and to tell the truth, it is not my own. This story belongs to a friend of mine, who also holds IQD, but is not a member of this site. We are both here in Salerno, Afghanistan currently, and his other friend (also a IQD holder) is currently in Bagram. My friend's friend (I guess that makes this a third-party story) called him here today and told him that he got an e-mail from his bank today. This friend banks with 5/3 bank in Henderson County KY. The e-mail stated that they would be closed from October 31st until noon on November 2nd for system updates. I personally have never heard of a bank being closed and doing updates for 3 1/2 days. Maybe this means something, maybe it doesn't. I was just wondering if there is anyone else out there that may bank with 5/3 bank and have heard the same thing, or is this an isolated incident for this particular bank. Thank you.

• Upvote 7

Well, here goes nothing... I never thought that I would have a bank story, and to tell the truth, it is not my own. This story belongs to a friend of mine, who also holds IQD, but is not a member of this site. We are both here in Salerno, Afghanistan currently, and his other friend (also a IQD holder) is currently in Bagram. My friend's friend (I guess that makes this a third-party story) called him here today and told him that he got an e-mail from his bank today. This friend banks with 5/3 bank in Henderson County KY. The e-mail stated that they would be closed from October 31st until noon on November 2nd for system updates. I personally have never heard of a bank being closed and doing updates for 3 1/2 days. Maybe this means something, maybe it doesn't. I was just wondering if there is anyone else out there that may bank with 5/3 bank and have heard the same thing, or is this an isolated incident for this particular bank. Thank you.

It is probably an isolated incident or maybe the dates were mixed up...

• Upvote 2

Hi there TychoKaine,

Thank you for posting. I know there are some who bank there, so we'll see if this is true, I'm sure. It may or may not have anything to do with an Rv ---- or maybe it does. :) Be safe where you are. Thank you for posting your personal story.

Kimberlye B)

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the nice replies. I also live in Kentucky (when I'm not here in Afghanistan), and there are plenty of 5/3 banks within 30 minutes of my house, but I bank with my local credit union so I am not privy to this information first hand. Hopefully there are some 5/3 bankers that will see this and post if it is an isolated incident or not.

• Upvote 2

Thanks for posting this! I hope it means something. I have never heard of that either. Very interesting. I woke up early this morning, smashed cars with my kid, walked my dog, had my coffee and thought to myself: "now all I need is a good bank story on DV and I will be a happy camper." I am! Stay safe, and thanks again. I just love hoping. I know that sounds so corny, but, yeah, I love hoping!

• Upvote 3

Thanks for the update, but first and foremost, thank you for your service. Get back safely!

• Upvote 1

Important Message - Fifth Third Email & Text Alerts

Between Sunday, October 30 through Wednesday, November 2, account alerts will be unavailable as we implement a system upgrade. Alerts will resume on Thursday, November 3, at noon.

You will not receive any email or text alerts during this time. Any scheduled alerts that are routinely sent via email or mobile text will not resume until noon on November 3. Additionally, any alerts that were to be sent during this time, will not be saved and/or sent after the upgrade.

During this time, or at any time, you can check balances, find credit card or payment information, and view statements online at 53.com or call Customer Service at 1-800-972-3030.

After the upgrade, all your current alerts will still be active.

• Upvote 3

Important Message - Fifth Third Email & Text Alerts

Between Sunday, October 30 through Wednesday, November 2, account alerts will be unavailable as we implement a system upgrade. Alerts will resume on Thursday, November 3, at noon.

You will not receive any email or text alerts during this time. Any scheduled alerts that are routinely sent via email or mobile text will not resume until noon on November 3. Additionally, any alerts that were to be sent during this time, will not be saved and/or sent after the upgrade.

During this time, or at any time, you can check balances, find credit card or payment information, and view statements online at 53.com or call Customer Service at 1-800-972-3030.

After the upgrade, all your current alerts will still be active.

Well I guess things get lost in translation. Thank you rjenlow for clearing that up. Seems like the e-mail just states alerts via e-mail and texts will be down. I appreciate the first hand information and I apologize for my bank story that turned into nothing.

• Upvote 1

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

If he is working for a contractor then we should NOT be thanking him for his service! ;)

I worked for KBR for many years. Great $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

When I was deployed in the Army then I should be thanked for the service.

When I was there working for the money, no need to thank me. I could quit & leave anytime I wanted.

Just sayin'......................................................

Good ole rocket city. I sure do miss that place. I am in Fenty.

DinarBot thinks maybe changing name of Bank from improper fraction 5/3. New name 1 & 2/3 . Smart Bankers NO Best.

dinarbot whenever I read your posts do you know who you remind me of....Jimmy from Seinfeld. The episode when he's talking in the third person. I truly enjoy reading your posts! I'm alway's smiling:):) Have a wonderful day!

My bank story... I logged on my BoA account online and noticed that all of my balances were far below any sort of comfort level. I also can confirm this as I heard it from friends, friends of friends and complete strangers. I guess I shouldn't have posted this in the "Rumor Section" as this is a cold, hard fact!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I'm going into my 8th year this Dec. on this investment and I can tell you that I've heard many stories that says the banks are closing for updates.. Maybe this time it might means something who knows, Lets hope so :lol:

• Upvote 1

My bank story... I logged on my BoA account online and noticed that all of my balances were far below any sort of comfort level. I also can confirm this as I heard it from friends, friends of friends and complete strangers. I guess I shouldn't have posted this in the "Rumor Section" as this is a cold, hard fact!

+1 for you to take care of the -1. For the life of me................

HAHAHA! My bank story too! :lol::lol::lol:

Well I guess things get lost in translation. Thank you rjenlow for clearing that up. Seems like the e-mail just states alerts via e-mail and texts will be down. I appreciate the first hand information and I apologize for my bank story that turned into nothing.

At least you're bank story was proven correct somewhat, thanks for sharing, stay safe and if you have any more news or updates please share!!

• Upvote 1