Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Favorite Quotes

Scrumdiddles

"Somethings are not problems to be solved, but facts to be endured. A wise person is able to discern the difference."

Prime Minister Ariel Sharon

I can't read your mind by looking at your a$$. oleman

Stop looking at my a$$. olemans wife

• Upvote 1

"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it." A Few Good Men

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training... you will be a weapon, you will be a minister of death, praying for war. But until that day you are pukes! You're the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human-fu*#ing-beings! You are nothing but unorganized grabasstic pieces of amphibian shiite! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me, the more you will learn: I am hard, but I am fair!" Full Metal Jacket

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I traveled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer." Benjamin Franklin

"Repeal that [welfare] law, and you will soon see a change in their manners. St. Monday and St. Tuesday, will soon cease to be holidays. Six days shalt thou labor, though one of the old commandments long treated as out of date, will again be looked upon as a respectable precept; industry will increase, and with it plenty among the lower people; their circumstances will mend, and more will be done for their happiness by inuring them to provide for themselves, than could be done by dividing all your estates among them." Benjamin Franklin

• Upvote 2

Because if this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we've got to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that he commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy - without condition - and then admit that we just don't want to do it. ~ Stephen Colbert

If you are what you have, and what you have is lost... what then are you? huh.gif -unknown

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I traveled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer." Benjamin Franklin

That is awesome usndiver... never heard it before, but it is probably more pertinent today than in old Ben's day! wink.gif

Edited by RodandStaff

A few of quick ones:

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

To err is human, to err repeatedly in the same fashion is sub-human.

To err is human. To really screw things up, you need a computer.

All you need is love---The Beatles.

Where does the light go when it goes out?

and finally

"What do you mean 'hostile natives'? -- Purportedly uttered by Gen. George Custer.

A few of quick ones:

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

To err is human, to err repeatedly in the same fashion is sub-human.

To err is human. To really screw things up, you need a computer.

All you need is love---The Beatles.

Where does the light go when it goes out?

and finally

"What do you mean 'hostile natives'? -- Purportedly uttered by Gen. George Custer.

One more:

"A handout is what you get from the government. A hand up is what you get from a friend" - Clint Eastwood as Philo Beddoe in 'Any Which Way You Can'.

"....For it so falls out; that what we have we prize not to the worth while we enjoy it,

But being lacked and lost; why then we rack the values then we find the

Virtue that possession would not show us while it was ours....."

~William Shakespeare

:lol:

• Upvote 1