Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

EMERGENCY ALERT SYSTEM (EAS)

sirlep33

Emergency Alert System

Releases

EAS Handbooks

EAS Archives

The EAS is a national public warning system that requires broadcasters, cable television systems, wireless cable systems, satellite digital audio radio service (SDARS) providers, and direct broadcast satellite (DBS) providers to provide the communications capability to the President to address the American public during a national emergency. The system also may be used by state and local authorities to deliver important emergency information, such as AMBER alerts and weather information targeted to specific areas.

The first Nationwide test of the Emergency Alert System will be carried out on November 9, 2011. For more information about the test or access to the participant reporting system, please click here.

The FCC, in conjunction with Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's National Weather Service (NWS), implements the EAS at the federal level. The President has sole responsibility for determining when the EAS will be activated at the national level, and has delegated this authority to the director of FEMA. FEMA is responsible for implementation of the national-level activation of the EAS, tests, and exercises. The NWS develops emergency weather information to alert the public about imminent dangerous weather conditions.

The FCC's role includes prescribing rules that establish technical standards for the EAS, procedures for EAS participants to follow in the event The EAS is activated, and EAS testing protocols. Additionally, the FCC ensures that the EAS state and local plans developed by industry conform to FCC EAS rules and regulations.

http://transition.fcc.gov/pshs/services/eas/

Doesn't have anything to do with an RV, hence why it is posted in the OFF TOPIC POSTS. Just a bit of news that is not being widely spread but thought some or most people will be interested in it since, our wonderful government is planning to blackout all communications at 2PM EST for whatever reason. I just find it strange that they would do this type of TOTAL SHUTDOWN during the middle of the day, and interupt all business as usual. We wonder why our economy is in a recession, and here is a clear example of the brilliant minds running our country. Not sure about everyone else, but when our local EAS goes off, I find that it is usually done very early in the morning or late at night.... before or after normal business hours.

• Upvote 1

:lmao::lmao:

The test on Nov 9 is going to shut off all television and radio communications simultaneously at 2:00PM EST to complete the first ever test of the national Emergency Alert System (EAS).

Could this be when Iraq announces the RV??? :confused::confused::woot:

:eyebrows:

Well, Granny...sure would be a perfect way to get EVERYone's attention at the same time. Nothing like a "we tried to tell ya so". HA! Now, I'm gonna be anxious for the 9th with little more than a tin foil hat to pick up the transmission....

:wacko:

Doesn't have anything to do with an RV, hence why it is posted in the OFF TOPIC POSTS. Just a bit of news that is not being widely spread but thought some or most people will be interested in it since, our wonderful government is planning to blackout all communications at 2PM EST for whatever reason. I just find it strange that they would do this type of TOTAL SHUTDOWN during the middle of the day, and interupt all business as usual. We wonder why our economy is in a recession, and here is a clear example of the brilliant minds running our country. Not sure about everyone else, but when our local EAS goes off, I find that it is usually done very early in the morning or late at night.... before or after normal business hours.

FWIW, the contingency communications infrastructure will be moving a lot of info by alternate means during this blackout.

We have a fairly well developed back up communications structure which will be tested during this time..

• Upvote 1

I wonder how the events of 9-11 could've been changed if a system like this was in effect. Think of all those brave fire fighters we lost, not to mention thousands of other innocent lives. Yes, can the government over step their bounds?...Absofu**inglutely! :unsure:

But, IMHO not everything is a government conspiracy. :)

FWIW, the contingency communications infrastructure will be moving a lot of info by alternate means during this blackout.

Is this a test by the US govt to control communication as they do in China? Could this be a test for future implementation of the Fairness Doctrine? Could the Fed be sending electronic funds of significant size (i.e. RV) on the 9th and don't want to risk interception? :blink: