Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Some good news to share

nismojpn

Just find it hard to believe that US embassy employees are paid in Dinar.blink.gif

They don't.

Whenever I did ANY gov't work (Canadian) I was always paid to my bank account abroad in $$. It was up to me to convert it. All the expats I worked with were the same... it was normal to gripe about exchange rates and bank spreads. ESPECIALLY the Brits when the pound was fluctuating so badly a few years back. I personally don't KNOW of any governments that pay their foreign staff abroad in local currency.. but that's only from my experience and I could be wrong.

They don't.

Whenever I did ANY gov't work (Canadian) I was always paid to my bank account abroad in $$. It was up to me to convert it. All the expats I worked with were the same... it was normal to gripe about exchange rates and bank spreads. ESPECIALLY the Brits when the pound was fluctuating so badly a few years back. I personally don't KNOW of any governments that pay their foreign staff abroad in local currency.. but that's only from my experience and I could be wrong.

I am a contractor and am currently in Afghanistan and I too get paid in USD, but I do have two friends who used to work here with me that went to work for another company in Abu Dabi, and they are paid in the local currency there.

Welcome to the Forum.....You posted and I'm giving you my thoughts.. Nothing personal against you ( or your friend)...Only 2 words... Non-credible. JMHO.

Somebody ( likely a US Citizen) working at the US Embassy and getting paid in Dinars?

And now getting around $3.68 per Dinar?

My thoughts exactly. Contractors are paid in USD or their home currency. I have worked in Saudi Arabia, Iraq and now Afghanistan so I call BS on this one.

Are u Oakies brother?

No, he is not my brother but I do have him locked in my basement to keep your mother company. You guys can't resist bashing, I thought this site would be different but its not. I said to take this info any way you want and I don't think that constitutes bashing me. It was just some info I thought I would share. It seems like the majority of you guys on this site have nothing b enter to do other than bashing people. Easy, thanks for your support, I wish there were more people on this site that are like you. To the rest of you guys, grow up. My two year old daughter acts more mature than you guys, maybe you should find something more productive to do other than making a newbie to this site feel unwelcome.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 8

I've been checking this site out for sometime now and have decided to join. I have some great news to share with everyone, I know you guys are not familiar with me so take it as you choose. I have a very good friend that has worked in Iraq for many years now at the U.S. embassy there. When he is there working it is usually for atleast 3 or 4 months at a time. Upon completing this past work stint he was paid in IRD as he always is. He always cashes them in for USD at the CBI I believe. Everything went down like it always does but with one exception. This time when he went through the process the exchange rate was completely different. Im in this thing for the long haul and just when I started to feel like this thing (RV) would never happen, I heard something that made my ears perk up. My friend said that this time he was given somewhere around $3.68 per IRD, instead of the penny on the dollar. With this news I am feeling a renewed energy and happiness know that this may be the end of this journey. Anyway like I said take this info as you will and keep the faith my friends.

You cannot "walk into" the CBI. Or any Central Bank. CBI was created for Banking policy and financial institutions only. No member of the public can perform transactions at the CBI. Can you 'walk into" the US Tteasury Dept. to exchange currency. Or the Central Bank of Canada. No. DinarBot knows this story is complete falacy. DinarBot will print original "nismojpn" post so Kave Kat Krinkles can make doo doo on it.

• Upvote 2

Absolute BS. Obviously, you're a dinar site marketeer hoping some gullible "investor" will stumble onto to this site as part of their research and determine that the RV is "imminent" so they will get off the fence and buy. Shameless. How much do you get paid to post this drivel? It's a lie. Many people here have dozens of acquaintances, friends and colleagues in Iraq. This story would be verifiable hundreds of times over if there was any grain of truth to it. You should be embarassed to be so blatantly deceptive.

Edited by NotAChance
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Well.....right now I'm sitting about 20 minutes from downtown Baghdad so I will have to call this...................BS!!!!!!!!

You cannot "walk into" the CBI. Or any Central Bank. CBI was created for Banking policy and financial institutions only. No member of the public can perform transactions at the CBI. Can you 'walk into" the US Tteasury Dept. to exchange currency. Or the Central Bank of Canada. No. DinarBot knows this story is complete falacy. DinarBot will print original "nismojpn" post so Kave Kat Krinkles can make doo doo on it.

Read more:

why not? I walked into the white house last month to use the rest room. :D

I've been checking this site out for sometime now and have decided to join. I have some great news to share with everyone, I know you guys are not familiar with me so take it as you choose. I have a very good friend that has worked in Iraq for many years now at the U.S. embassy there. When he is there working it is usually for atleast 3 or 4 months at a time. Upon completing this past work stint he was paid in IRD as he always is. He always cashes them in for USD at the CBI I believe. Everything went down like it always does but with one exception. This time when he went through the process the exchange rate was completely different. Im in this thing for the long haul and just when I started to feel like this thing (RV) would never happen, I heard something that made my ears perk up. My friend said that this time he was given somewhere around $3.68 per IRD, instead of the penny on the dollar. With this news I am feeling a renewed energy and happiness know that this may be the end of this journey. Anyway like I said take this info as you will and keep the faith my friends.

I don't know about you guys but I'm heading to Iraq with my dinars..... :lol::lol::lol:

Absolute BS. Obviously, you're a dinar site marketeer hoping some gullible "investor" will stumble onto to this site as part of their research and determine that the RV is "imminent" so they will get off the fence and buy. Shameless. How much do you get paid to post this drivel? It's a lie. Many people here have dozens of acquaintances, friends and colleagues in Iraq. This story would be verifiable hundreds of times over if there was any grain of truth to it. You should be embarassed to be so blatantly deceptive.

You took the words right out of my mouth...

I'm kidding :blink:

Nicely put !!!

why not? I walked into the white house last month to use the rest room. :D

Did you flush and wash hands. I can now squeak like little girl on spinning teacup ride. Yes maybe to make wee wee doo doo. No personal banking is done at a Central Bank. This is fact.

Edited by DinarBot
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

TELL US NISMOJPN IS YOUR FRIEND AN IRAQI OR AMERICAN, IF HE'S IRAQI I WOULD UNDERSTAND WHY HE WAS PAID IN IQD. I WAS THERE IN O4 TO HELP TRAIN THE IRAQI SOLDIERS AND THEY WERE PAID IN IQD, I WAS A SOLDIER AND YOU KNOW HOW WE WERE PAID. JUST CURIOUS. GO RV! :D

Get um while there hot IRDs on every dirt road in Iraqi and $3.68 at the CBI wow :lmao:

But seriously I really hope this is true :drool:

Well quit a few others made the same call I do ,wait for it BRAVO SIERRA !!! For your information as an expat your friend will get paid in US dollars deposited into his account back home. No Embassy pays their nationals in foreign currency. Also each embassy I have ever worked out of has their own exchange with a better exchange rate than local banks. So he would have no need to use a local bank let alone the CBI. Now if your friend sent you the email you described I would question what kind of friend he is ,and if you made this up for your own reason than you picked the wrong site. Welcome to DV sorry your first post turned into a shooting gallery.

• Upvote 1

Just find it hard to believe that US embassy employees are paid in Dinar.blink.gif

That was my point as well.....

My thoughts exactly. Contractors are paid in USD or their home currency. I have worked in Saudi Arabia, Iraq and now Afghanistan so I call BS on this one.

Thanks.

Everyone take it Easy! (sorry Easy I couldn't resist, I just think we can all learn something from your laid back attitude.) Ok, welcome to DV. Thanks for posting. I do believe we will get our piece of the pie eventually and then we can all have a Kumbaya party. Like you said, we can take it for what it's worth, that's what I love about the Rumors section. I am choosing to not believe it at this time, but hopefully you prove us wrong. I must admit this is one instance where I would love to be wrong! Have a great day everyone! RV! By Christmas please!

• Upvote 1