Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Bill to delete zeros sent to gov.!

jupitergirl

Mods: Appears this article came from Currency Newshound and should be moved to rumors. None of the links to the article work - no way to validate. sad.gif

Took the link from the bottom of Currency Newshound article to the Source Page and added them to the OP. :twothumbs:

-

• Upvote 1

Just how do you get a LOP out of this article? Prove it! Give one sentenence that even remotely eludes to a LOP in THIS article.

What are you a troll?

In case any of the DV members that are not LOPsters don't know it, DV has a terrible reputation for being LOP crazy. Many folks won't even come onto this site for this reason. This keeps good data from getting posted on DV because folks don't want to deal with the LOPsters. Don't let these LOPsters ruin DV.

We all know there is a chance that this could be a wash. But this is a good article and says nothing to indicate a LOP. Some folks like to read positive articles without having to deal with the downers, especially when it is a really positive article that says nothing about a LOP..

I don't know how much info/research may have been lost,but I do know of many that I still converse with that have left due to the "i'm smarter than a 5th grader" attitude of SOME of the RD gang. No one has a problem with people's opinion but the constant single minded view is tiring. And the ego/macho man mentality is obnoxious to say the least. I liken it to a reverse pumper.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

Just how do you get a LOP out of this article? Prove it! Give one sentenence that even remotely eludes to a LOP in THIS article.

What are you a troll?

In case any of the DV members that are not LOPsters don't know it, DV has a terrible reputation for being LOP crazy. Many folks won't even come onto this site for this reason. This keeps good data from getting posted on DV because folks don't want to deal with the LOPsters. Don't let these LOPsters ruin DV.

We all know there is a chance that this could be a wash. But this is a good article and says nothing to indicate a LOP. Some folks like to read positive articles without having to deal with the downers, especially when it is a really positive article that says nothing about a LOP..

On the contrary to what you have been told to believe, the plan to delete the zeros is and always has been referring to a lop or redenomination, whatever you want to call it.....

Its not about ONLY taking the zeros off the exchange rate and its not ONLY removing the larger bills from circulation....

Its been about replacing the entire currency with another and exchanging at a rate of 1000 to 1.....

Please go back and read through the past articles about removing the zeros and you will find they specifically stated at one point or another about 1000 pre redenomination being equal to 1 post redenomination....that is a lop....

Now the zeros will come off the exchange rate but that's only after the exchange period is over and the old bills which we have now are deemed worthless. Only the new currency will carry the new value.....

Help yourself and do some real digging into this plan that's been talked about for years so you can be better prepared....

Its not about DV being full of lopsters, its about DV being full of people that know how to think for themselves and verify information regardless of what the gurus tell you to believe...

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 4

On the contrary to what you have been told to believe, the plan to delete the zeros is and always has been referring to a lop or redenomination, whatever you want to call it.....

Its not about ONLY taking the zeros off the exchange rate and its not ONLY removing the larger bills from circulation....

Its been about replacing the entire currency with another and exchanging at a rate of 1000 to 1.....

Please go back and read through the past articles about removing the zeros and you will find they specifically stated at one point or another about 1000 pre redenomination being equal to 1 post redenomination....that is a lop....

Now the zeros will come off the exchange rate but that's only after the exchange period is over and the old bills which we have now are deemed worthless. Only the new currency will carry the new value.....

Help yourself and do some real digging into this plan that's been talked about for years so you can be better prepared....

Its not about DV being full of lopsters, its about DV being full of people that know how to think for themselves and verify information regardless of what the gurus tell you to believe...

We have yet to see "official documentation" stating what you basically posted. We have seen numerous articles written up in form of speculation on how the process would likely play out. We also have received vague comments from CBI employees. Saleh for example, has been quoted numerous times but also has been known to not be honest.

We can beat this dead horse all day long, but, it won't answer the debate.

.... So, as I wait, I still read the R/D (lop) articles because I look for particular information to be listed.....

When I start hearing about, two separate exchange rates or a different currency code indentifier, than I will begin to worry...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Several very well-written posts here just in the last few days have presented strong eviTydence that they do not plan to lop, from several different points of view.

Also read transcripts of Call Squad posted here, 8-14 and newer when they become available.

Two quotes from my own post....

"All of the documents I have read, indicate that it is all-important to "The Powers that Be" that the RV catch everyone completely by surprise. They obviously do not want a stampede, that would be caused by any real provable date for RV."

"History is about to repeat itself once again. Remember earlier that the Rothschild’s ancestors purchased all the colonial currency they could find and at the same time they had their network of people declaring how worthless the currency was. Soon afterwards Alexander Hamilton restored value to the Colonial currency."

Read the rest of the topic:

The PTB are almost certainly not happy that a lot of us whom they view as "riffraff" have gotten in on this, but they don't have any good reasons to justify making it illegal for us to do so. They have, however, used all of the power of the press organs which they own, to attempt to discredit this investment. If they lop, it would hurt the Elite, and the other Governments which have invested, as much as it would hurt all of us.

Anyone really think that the Rothschilds are in the habit of shooting themselves in the foot?

How about we put the LOP to bed, for a really long dirt nap?

Well I guess we will see since they just submitted it for a vote.

I wonder why the Rothschilds shot themselves in the foot with Venezuelas RD. Or Brazils. Or Turkeys. Or Mexicos. Hmmmm

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

What are you a troll?

Well said jupitergirl. You know, the creepy lttle lopsters are going to hone in on this and use their big claws and try and rip you apart. sad.gif

Stupid LOPSTERS. They should stay at the bottom of the sea where they belong and eat dead stuff. tongue.gif

Keep up the great work finding news stories! biggrin.gif

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 4

What are you a troll?

Jupitergirl, I would like to state that I am not a Lobster, downer, pumper or wannabe guru, I belong to no camp but my own. It is an unfortunate fact that many involved with this speculation have no real understanding of how currencies work or how finance is used by countries, their main knowledge and experience in this matter is formed by use of the dollar in their pocket they have earned after tax and the price of groceries.

Under these circumstances you could read a lop into any article, for you will not find any sentence that explains exactly what are the future intentions of the GOI, many expect speculation to be like "painting by numbers" you have some time to spend and some work to do, but the final outcome is already known, this is not the world that we live in and until it is you will have to put up with uninformed comments. They may sometimes be annoying but viewed with a good attitude can sometimes be entertaining.

• Upvote 3

It's not a LOP.

Dropping Zeros Defined

And it hasn't passed yet.

For instance, in January 2005, Turkey replaced its currency (the Lira) with the New Turkish Lira (YTL), with a conversion rate of one million old lira to one new lira. I think that would be considered a lop. IMO if it were one old to one new it would not be.

Saleh estimated the government will exchange more than 30 trillion Iraqi dinars, or more than $26 billion dollars. The most important change after deleting the zeros, is to reduce the number of banknotes in circulation, simplifying the payment system in Iraq.

Now this article sounds like they will exchange 1 old for one new IMO

Edited by armondtoth
  • Upvote 1

I wonder why the Rothschilds shot themselves in the foot with Venezuelas RD. Or Brazils. Or Turkeys. Or Mexicos. Hmmmm

All of you LOPsters need to come up with ONE example of a country which LOPped, for any other reason than to head off Hyperinflation, which Iraq is NOT experiencing - or give it up. Period.

Here are a few (of many that I could quote) of summaries concerning the countries just quoted, which LOPped. Hyperinflation all !!!

The only other reason mentioned, that governments would do a LOP, is to steal wealth from the citizens and destroy free-enterprise traders. Who thinks that the new government is eager to create a whole new wave of violence even worse than what we just saw???

------

*** From http://www.econlib.org/library/Columns/y2007/Martinezinflation.html

A redenomination of the bolívar, the Venezuelan national currency, will be effective January 1st, 2008.

Currency redenomination is not totally a new experiment in Latin America. After all, ever since the early 1960s, a host of developing countries all over the world have redenominated their currencies on approximately seventy occasions.

The most visible of these is Zimbabwe's recent currency 'revaluation.' The revaluation wiped three zeroes off the $ 20.000 Zimbabwean bill into a $20 bill. The local currency had been rendered almost worthless by years of inflation that hit 1,200 percent a year. Zimbabweans had to carry large satchels full of banknotes to pay for even the most ordinary trifle. The $20 bill actual value after the redenomination—10 American cents at official rates, less than 3 cents at black-market rates—remained unchanged. So has hyperinflation.

In less than 25 years Brazil has gone through six currency redenominations while Argentina saw four revaluations between 1970 and 1991. Nicaragua had its banknotes changed twice in less than three years, starting in 1988. Bolivia and Peru have redenominated their currencies twice since the 80s. Mexico's 1993 revaluation put an end to one of the worst financial crisis that, at times, became continental.

In those days, average inflation in Latin America reached a high of nearly 500 percent. Brazil, Argentina and Peru (all three among the largest countries in the region) posted quadruple-digit inflation rates.

Not every country with high levels of inflation has chosen to redenominate its currency. Many of their citizens can put up with paying, as we Venezuelans do, 1600 Bs. for a cup of spresso. Those countries that have taken the road to redenomination have first of all put into effect strong, painful packs of measures to abate hyperinflation.

*** From http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/2010/09/25/redenomination-an-unlikely-priority-for-the-cbi/

It’s not even true that all transactions would be simplified. Consider the ISX, for example, where stocks have a ID 1 par value and most of the share prices tend to be in the ID 1 – 30 range. While the redenomination is usually presented as a matter of “knocking off three zeros,” in the case of a name like BCOI, which last traded at ID 1.38, you’d actually be “tacking on” three zeros as the price in the new currency would be 0.00138. Would the companies then have to consolidate their shares, replacing every 1,000 old shares with 1 new one?

In any event, it’s not really clear why the CBI would choose to redenominate the dinar at this time. Historically, redenomination has typically been done either as part of “heterodox” inflation-fighting programs or, more rarely, as a way of expropriating wealth. (Heterodox programs are designed to lower the public’s inflation expectations, mainly through administrative measures such as wage/price controls.) For example, episodes of hyperinflation led to the introduction of the Argentine peso, which replaced the austral at a rate of 1:10,000 in December, 1991 and the Brazilian real, which replaced the cruzeiro real at a rate of 1:2,750 in July, 1994. More recently, North Korea replaced existing won notes with new ones at a rate of 1:100 last November, capping exchanges at W 100,000 per family (about US$ 40 at black-market rates), with the evident intent of wiping out free-market traders.

*** From https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/New_Turkish_lira

First lira

After periods pegged to the British pound and the French franc, a peg of 2.8 lira = 1 U.S. dollar was adopted in 1946 and maintained until 1960, when the currency was devalued to 9 lira = 1 dollar. From 1970, a series of hard, then soft pegs to the dollar operated as the value of the lira began to fall.

Because of the chronic inflation experienced in Turkey from the 1970s through to the 1990s, the lira experienced severe depreciation in value. Turkey has had high inflation rates compared to developed countries but has never suffered hyperinflation. From an average of 9 lira per U.S. dollar in the late 1960s, the currency came to trade at approximately 1.65 million lira per U.S. dollar in late 2001. This represented an average inflation of more than 40% per year.

* 1966 — 1 U.S. dollar = 9 lira

* 1980 — 1 U.S. dollar = 90 lira

* 1988 — 1 U.S. dollar = 1,300 lira

* 1995 — 1 U.S. dollar = 45,000 lira

* 1996 — 1 U.S. dollar = 107,000 lira

* 2001 — 1 U.S. dollar = 1,650,000 lira

* 2004 — 1 U.S. dollar = 1,350,000 lira

* 2005 — 1 U.S. dollar = 1.29 new lira (The use of New Turkish Lira, which drops 6 zeros from the currency Turkish Lira, was implemented in 2005)

* 2007 — 1 U.S. dollar = 1.26 new lira

* 2008 — 1 U.S. dollar = 1.55 new lira

* 2009 — 1 U.S. dollar = 1.48 new lira

* 2010 — 1 U.S. dollar = 1.44 lira (Turkish Lira and New Turkish Lira were used together in 2005. In 2010, the name was converted to Turkish Lira, but New Turkish Lira was used as currency until 31 December 2009)

In its last few years, the Turkish lira stabilized and even rose against the U.S. dollar and the euro. The Guinness Book of Records ranked the lira as the world's least valuable currency in 1995 and 1996, and again in 1999 through 2004. The lira had slid in value to such an extent that one original gold lira coin could be sold for approximately 120,000,000 lira prior to the 2005 revaluation.

-----

'nuff said !

• Upvote 2

sounds like a lop. keep hoping its not!!!

I hope your wrong, but i have been invested for over 2years, kicked off these boards since 2010.....your not gonna be able to open their eyes by just saying it.....when removing the three zeros(25,000) to 25....its not off of the exchange rate...its off the physical currency...it has been said that the two currencies will coincide with one another...if your buying a loaf of bread for 5000iqd and give the clerk a 25000iqd, you will recieve 2-10iqd or 4- 5iqd back...no difference.....your IQD is worth what you paid for it..Loss Of Purchase......in the real world of currency, there is no such thing as a LOP...That was a term introduced to the dinar world through gurus....

Edited by Dinarabot

Ok Tampa if you say so. I am not the one threatening it Iraq is. They have sent it for a vote so we wait and see. Redenomination is nothing more than a tool used to deal with the effects of hyperinflation either past or present. If you seem to think 60 trillion in exsistence and Iraqis walking around with stacks of 25,000 & 10,000 notes isnt the effects of past hyperinflation then nothing I say will matter.

• Upvote 1

Dinarck,

As much as I hope you are wrong I realize you have done many hours of research into the subject of the LOP(I hate even thinking about it :) ) If...and I say if, because I still want so badly to believe it will RV at a minimium of .10 cents. What happens to the dinar we hold. I have heard conflicting reports. Will we be able to get some of our money back minus the transaction fees, etc.?

Thanks for keeping it real. The struggle that many have us have is that our versions of real our different. In the end....no one really knows what the outcome will be. :D It is not like we are working with a country that seems to be honest...about anything.

Edited by Lotsofdreams
  • Upvote 3

I don't consider my self a so call "Lop-Ster" But I get nothing else from this article but removing 3 zeros from the CURRENCY!!! I truly hope this does not happen. For all of you people bashing the "Lop-Sters", unless you have substantial proof of an RV your really need to get real and take these article's for what they really are. I am a realist, and from what I have been reading........ Come on guys and gals, just hang on and we will see what the final outcome is. No more bashing.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

"deleting zeros from the currency" certainly sounds like a re denomination to me, i.e. releasing a new currency that will co-exist for a time with the current dinars at a 1000:1 exchange rate as the new one takes over and the current dinars are removed. We won't lose money, but won't make any from this either, so bad for us. Though a bit hard to tell given the computer translations.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Dinarck,

As much as I hope you are wrong I realize you have done many hours of research into the subject of the LOP(I hate even thinking about it :) ) If...and I say if, because I still want so badly to believe it will RV at a minimium of .10 cents. What happens to the dinar we hold. I have heard conflicting reports. Will we be able to get some of our money back minus the transaction fees, etc.?

Thanks for keeping it real. The struggle that many have us have is that our versions of real our different. In the end....no one really knows what the outcome will be. :D It is not like we are working with a country that seems to be honest...about anything.

I hope I am wrong too. .10 would be great and I dont see it as an impossibility. Nothing is set in stone yet. We wait to see a vote. Hopefully against.

Thank you for your kind words.

What are you a troll?

That was completely uncalled for. The person made a comment. Are you so unconscious that your little brain is unable to allow another's opinion on a topic that has not been proven either way? When it states the words... "deleting the 3 zeros"? Are you so at the mercy of your own ego that you have to call someone a "troll" to make yourself feel better and bigger? Talk about insecure and being a bully. Then you go on to cut down DV as you are actively using it? So... if Adam allows all perspectives on his forum aren't you basically calling Adam a troll too? :huh: Well, 2 can play at your game.

Since you haven't been paying attention toots ... You will find that many of the well know sites out there are full of pumpers, liars, and cons. NOT ALL... but many. They have been exposed. DV has been the beacon to find truth and a vehicle for open discussion so that we may all figure out a likely scenario or spot a trend. Many myths have been dispelled on here and posters have helped to educate each other on both sides of the fence. It is simply where more of the intelligent posters and investors tend to go so I can see why you don't visit us often. There are several sites you can visit that will spoon feed you the BS you crave and maybe even give you a good ol' MLM group hand clapping start to get ya pumped and invigorated. They'll ban anyone for you that doesn't share the same perspective. Lucky for you, you can be the "baby bird" that you are and let them regurgitate articles for you and shove them down your mouth for you. All you have to do is swallow and chirp to the other baby birds.

Here's a thought. If you want to draw attention try using intelligence to support your argument versus name calling. Something like the following maybe??? Although an RD is possible, I am of the opinion it will not do so for a variety of reasons. Just remember... that the council of ministers as well as the Parliament still have to vote and agree to it. As we all know, they have difficulty coming to agreement on anything and a new currency would be expensive and confusing in an already tense and porous economic environment. The CBI does not need the approval of the GOI to increase the exchange rate so hopefully the GOI will vote it down and Shabs will just increase the rate and work with the existing currency.

So... baby bird, I am curious. At what rate do you think it will RV and how will it occur? If it is a much higher rate do you think the IMF, according to Article 4, would be concerned for the other member countries that an unfair trade imbalance would be created in Iraq with the other IMF members? Do you think the extremely cheap import prices would hamper the growth of new industry in Iraq because it would be cheaper to just import except for oil? If so would that further hurt unemployment and create issues of stability with the highly inflated new exchange rate you propose? Would Iraq still be at the mercy of oil prices (which makes up 90% of their GDP but only 2% of their workforce) just as they are now without that new and necessary industry? Sounds like you already have these pesky types of non-binding riddles solved. Please enlighten us. PS... I am not a "lopster". I think this will have a very nice revalue at some point and actually think the GOI will vote it down. I have developed some interesting arguments as to why, through listening to all perspectives and doing my own research from this apparently "crappy" site you allude to.

OBTW... Thanks for the article, that was actually great information! Wish you would have left it at that.

• Upvote 13
  • Downvote 6

Ok Tampa if you say so. I am not the one threatening it Iraq is. They have sent it for a vote so we wait and see. Redenomination is nothing more than a tool used to deal with the effects of hyperinflation either past or present. If you seem to think 60 trillion in exsistence and Iraqis walking around with stacks of 25,000 & 10,000 notes isnt the effects of past hyperinflation then nothing I say will matter.

I think it is important to say that I believe and hope that all of us here want the same thing, a good profit on the dinar we hold (For God's sake I hope I'm not debating someone who doesn't have any dinar!!!). I don't want the debates here that I may choose to throw in my 2 cents worth, to turn really ugly. I hope that others don't want that either; haven't we had enough of that? After this post I expect to be off to work and probably not back for another round until later; please just think about these ideas:

1) The Iraqis are great chess players, and probably poker players too for all I know, and many of the things that are quoted from their press releases and interviews are things that can be taken more than one way. I doubt that they want a big bunch of their own citizens to become rich like Donald Trump; who then is gonna work on the oil and gas rigs, and all of the other industry they plan to build? They say something, and those who think it means "LOP" can find reasons to believe that, and those who believe "RV" can read it to mean that they will introduce the smaller denoms while pulling in the big ones... The Elite would benefit by making us "riffraff" think they are going to LOP so that most of the gain goes to them and all of us little people lose out because we believed them, but if they really did LOP they would hurt themselves at the same time as the rest of us who are still holding dinar, including massive numbers of those "violence prone" citizens who are already quite pissed off enough, don't you think? They WANT us to think they will LOP, but after the dust settles and they have RV'ed, they will surely say "We didn't tell any LIES!" and we will have to admit that, technically and linguistically, they did not. "I did not have sex with that woman!" sound familiar?

2) The nations we discussed in the previous posts which re-denominated due to Hyperinflation, had gotten the Hyperinflation, like Zimbabwe, just because a government would not quit spending too stinking much money relative to their GDP, and they didn't want to raise taxes, so they printed it up until confidence in the currency was lost completely. Iraq had a stable currency for DECADES, then their government was blown to bits by the most powerful military machine on Earth, followed by the arbitrary creation of new currency and the non-free market setting of its exchange rate by means of some bureaucrat pulling an arbitrary number out of his butt-crack. Exactly WHAT does this process have in common with the situation faced by Turkey, Venezuela, Brazil, Mexico, Zimbabwe, or the others?

3) "60 trillion in circulation" ? Other posts have made several points about this that I will not state here at great length - that much of the currency created has likely been removed from circulation, that government figures about these things are NOTORIOUS for being unreliable, and that the FED and CBI have a common owner in the Rothschild clan, who can create any amount of USD necessary to redeem the IQD at any value they choose to set. It is very clear that the Elite's plans for a One World Government, include taking the USA down a few notches, while building up the rest of the world a few notches - and especially Iraq, in which is the city of Babylon, where they plan to headquarter the New World Order. They want the whole world to be more or less on the same level - as close as they can get it - because otherwise their new world order plans have problems.

4) ALL fiat currencies fail. After RV - got silver and gold?

http://www.prime-targeting.com/failed-currencies-due-to-hyperinflation/

http://dailyreckoning.com/fiat-currency/

http://www.truthistreason.net/a-look-at-the-past-all-fiat-currencies-collapse-and-fail

I pray the best for everyone here reading this. I even hope that you lopsters get rich along with the rest of us!

I really hope that those who are fueling the fires on the other side of this lop debate, are really seeking the truth and hoping to profit, as are the rest of us here who expect an RV, but are just a bit pessimistic due to having had a lot of bad luck in their lives, think this is too good to be true, and they hope they are wrong as much as the rest of us believe they are wrong.

I would hate to think that anyone here would deliberately post opinions they knew to be wrong because they work for the PTB, in order to discourage the newbies from this investment. I am not aiming this comment particularly at the fine gentleman who I have been exchanging posts with, it's just a general statement, because there sure do seem to be some trolls here.

• Upvote 4

That was completely uncalled for. The person made a comment. Are you so unconscious that your little brain is unable to allow another's opinion on a topic that has not been proven either way? When it states the words... "deleting the 3 zeros"? Are you so at the mercy of your own ego that you have to call someone a "troll" to make yourself feel better and bigger? Talk about insecure and being a bully. Then you go on to cut down DV as you are actively using it? So... if Adam allows all perspectives on his forum aren't you basically calling Adam a troll too? :huh: Well, 2 can play at your game.

Since you haven't been paying attention toots ... You will find that many of the well know sites out there are full of pumpers, liars, and cons. NOT ALL... but many. They have been exposed. DV has been the beacon to find truth and a vehicle for open discussion so that we may all figure out a likely scenario or spot a trend. Many myths have been dispelled on here and posters have helped to educate each other on both sides of the fence. It is simply where more of the intelligent posters and investors tend to go so I can see why you don't visit us often. There are several sites you can visit that will spoon feed you the BS you crave and maybe even give you a good ol' MLM group hand clapping start to get ya pumped and invigorated. They'll ban anyone for you that doesn't share the same perspective. Lucky for you, you can be the "baby bird" that you are and let them regurgitate articles for you and shove them down your mouth for you. All you have to do is swallow and chirp to the other baby birds.

Here's a thought. If you want to draw attention try using intelligence to support your argument versus name calling. Something like the following maybe??? Although an RD is possible, I am of the opinion it will not do so for a variety of reasons. Just remember... that the council of ministers as well as the Parliament still have to vote and agree to it. As we all know, they have difficulty coming to agreement on anything and a new currency would be expensive and confusing in an already tense and porous economic environment. The CBI does not need the approval of the GOI to increase the exchange rate so hopefully the GOI will vote it down and Shabs will just increase the rate and work with the existing currency.

So... baby bird, I am curious. At what rate do you think it will RV and how will it occur? If it is a much higher rate do you think the IMF, according to Article 4, would be concerned for the other member countries that an unfair trade imbalance would be created in Iraq with the other IMF members? Do you think the extremely cheap import prices would hamper the growth of new industry in Iraq because it would be cheaper to just import except for oil? If so would that further hurt unemployment and create issues of stability with the highly inflated new exchange rate you propose? Would Iraq still be at the mercy of oil prices (which makes up 90% of their GDP but only 2% of their workforce) just as they are now without that new and necessary industry? Sounds like you already have these pesky types of non-binding riddles solved. Please enlighten us. PS... I am not a "lopster". I think this will have a very nice revalue at some point and actually think the GOI will vote it down. I have developed some interesting arguments as to why, through listening to all perspectives and doing my own research from this apparently "crappy" site you allude to.

OBTW... Thanks for the article, that was actually great information! Wish you would have left it at that.

I gave u a (+1) for your argument,I wish I could have given u (-1) for ur attacks. Like u she was expressing her view and is entitled to it.

• Upvote 3

All of you LOPsters need to come up with ONE example of a country which LOPped, for any other reason than to head off Hyperinflation, which Iraq is NOT experiencing - or give it up. Period.

Here are a few (of many that I could quote) of summaries concerning the countries just quoted, which LOPped. Hyperinflation all !!!

The only other reason mentioned, that governments would do a LOP, is to steal wealth from the citizens and destroy free-enterprise traders. Who thinks that the new government is eager to create a whole new wave of violence even worse than what we just saw???

You do realize that a country would never lop in the middle of a hyperinflation period right? They wait until they have inflation under control before they lop, which Iraq has gone through their hyperinflation period and they now have their inflation under control. So yes a lop makes sense. Do I want it to lop, no I don't but it is what will more them likely happen. Also I don't know why you think thy are destroying wealth with a lop. You take three zeros off the currency and the exchange rate. A 25k note will still be worth the same after a lop.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

This was Bondladys take on this article.......just passin it on guys!! :)

"the bill included proposals for a new currency and the groups that carried and details of technical and economic."

emphasized the benefit that "this law in the event approval will have a positive impact on the Iraqi currency in several aspects of the need during the next phase. "