Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

DINAR WILL RV @ MID $3 RANGE

and in support of GG I will add a bit more to ponder,

The United Nations Monetary and Financial Conference, commonly known as the Bretton Woods conference, was a gathering of 730 delegates from all 44 allied nataion gathered at the Mount Washington Hotel, situated in Brent Woods, New Hamshire, to regulate the international monetary and financial order after the conclusion of World War II

From this conference came signed agreements outlining the the Monetary recovery of war torn Coutries, to include access to free trade and and fiscal parity.

Bretton Woods Conference, the name commonly given to the United Nations Monetary and Financial Conference held in Bretton Woods, New Hampshire, in 1944. Representatives from 44 countries met to establish measures to help stabilize and strengthen the world monetary and financial system. As part of the Bretton Woods Agreement drawn up at the conference, a new international monetary system was set up based on the gold-exchange standard. Gold was valued at 35 United States dollars per ounce (28.35 g), and other currencies were valued in terms of the dollar. This system collapsed in the early 1970's, when the United States and other countries abandoned the gold standard.

The Bretton Woods Agreement established two organizations—the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (World Bank) and the International Monetary Fund (IMF)—to strengthen the global economy and encourage international trade.

http://history.howstuffworks.com/world-war-ii/bretton-woods-conference.htm

The signed agreements outlined that a war torn Country shall be given consideration to include but not limited to O interest recovery loans from the World Bank and its approriate enities and that appropriate revaulation of ones monetary value to find parity with surrounding economies is a given provided the country can show fiscal support. ( LInk above and follow to actual signed documentation)

In my opinion the seminal idea behind the Bretton Woods confrencce was the notion of open markets. Even in Henery Morgenthay's farewell remarks at the conference, he stated that the establishment of the IMF and the World Bank marked the end of economic nationalism. To me this clearly meant countries would maintain their national interest, but trade blocks and economic spheres of influence would no longer be their means. The second idea behind the Bretton Woods Conference was joint management of the Western political-economic order, meaning that the foremost industrial democratic nations must lower barriers to trade and the necessary revalue and movement of currency , in addition to their responsibility to govern the system.

Three plus dollars for a rate? Why not. In considering the fact that PM. Malike approx 3 weeks ago signed into law the Iraq dinars pinning in gold at 2.4 grams per dinar, 3.00 US may be very, very low? Link seeker pleae reveiw Iraq Related News here on our site for links to the gold articles, Ive already done it once so please feel free to try it on your own.

Golden Goose and Slash nice post folks. Ill be watching in case one of the bruisers with no evident factual agrument wants to come push their ilk again. I will happily engage.

QuietLearner

WOW...... Thank you QuietLearner & the rest of you that posted positively. Did not realize how many haters and trolls are on here :( I guess all I can say is I'm just your average Joe that has done alot of research and alot of listening. Shabibi has said over and over again that he wants to RV at somewhere around pre-war value. This is a fact and easily found on Iraqi News. As for the 2.5% managed float...... this has been reported on numerous times also. I guess it's my bad for assuming that everyone that owns Dinar has read & listened to everything I have. I profusely apologize for that assumption!!! The truth is always the truth & the truth about the RV will obviously not be known until it happens. I was only passing on what I have learned in my research. If that is just an opinion then so be it, but do yourselves a favor and research what Shabibi has and is saying. Peace to you all...... SLASH, out :)

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Lol! Another $3+ article. With an RD, sure I agree. Without, we still do well...just no $mils. My question is, where is this "regular float (2.5%)" at? I've never heard of it so please enlighten me. Since my short time here, ive learned that links speak multitudes, and if you can't produce them, then it is considered bs. I've seen the "return to prewar" articles, but that in no means has said "come out" at that rate. The proof is in the pudding.

• Upvote 4

WOW...... Thank you QuietLearner & the rest of you that posted positively. Did not realize how many haters and trolls are on here

So anyone that has also done research and comes to a conclusion different from yours is a troll or hater? What sort of twisted logic is that?

If you think they can RV at anything close to 1:1 with the dollar, just answer me this one question. With trillions (whatever number you pick) of dinars out in the world, were this RV to occur it seems quite reasonable that at least 1T dinar will come in for exchange to the CBI. Where will they get the trillion dollars (or euros etc) to support this rate? That is what determines the rate for countries that peg, whether or not their central bank can support it. For a country that has a GDP of under $100B USD and maybe $50USD in foreign reserves and that needs all the money it can get by selling its oil to fund its growth, I just don't see how such a rate an possibly be supported given the trillions of dinar in circulation. I wish I was wrong, but I don't think I am.

• Upvote 5

WHO KNOWS WHAT THE MID RANGE WAS?? THE 3 PLUS RANGE WAS SADDAM RATE WHICH WASN'T WORTH ANY MORE THEN IT IS NOW NOTHING... :lol:

G'day Bloke's & Sheila's

Granted Saddam pushed the dinar for his own greed and purposes, but prior to him gaining power, or any other Iraq dictator before him, can anyone say what the dinar was floating at if ever it floated at all on the international arena.

I was under the distinct impression that it was floating prior to Saddam at btw $2.20 - $2.80 can anyone confirm or deny that.

Not withstanding this I saw Slash say he would post his links earlier "give me a few" I think it is important Slash as a newbie you return and back up your information as best you can as I applaude good information but equally I condemn misinformation as it does not assist those of us who have a positive attitude to this investment.

Geeezzz I gotta lighten up I am starting to sound like Mrref & Dinarggggggg :lol: :lol: :P :P

Cheers Chilli B) B)

• Upvote 4

Thanks SLASH, and welcome aboard DV. Hopefully you are right, but until it happens the wise thing to do is cautiously wait and see.

Also, since this is your first post, don't be surprised if you get bashed or hit with some negative ratings. This is a tough bunch to please.

Hey bro, "Tough bunch to please" is a huge understatement :) I posted the facts of what Shabibi has said and all of a sudden I'm a "pumper" a "speculator" and an "arrogant ass". Why on God's green earth would anyone that owns Dinar not have listened to Shabby-Doo? I guess he must be a pumping speculative arrogant ass also :) He is trying to do what is right for his "new country"...... nothing more, nothing less. Why would he lie??? He wouldn't..... IN MY HUMBLE OPINION. THANK YOU & THANK YOU TO ALL THE NICE PEOPLE WHO DIDN'T RIP ME!!! S~

So anyone that has also done research and comes to a conclusion different from yours is a troll or hater? What sort of twisted logic is that?

If you think they can RV at anything close to 1:1 with the dollar, just answer me this one question. With trillions (whatever number you pick) of dinars out in the world, were this RV to occur it seems quite reasonable that at least 1T dinar will come in for exchange to the CBI. Where will they get the trillion dollars (or euros etc) to support this rate? That is what determines the rate for countries that peg, whether or not their central bank can support it. For a country that has a GDP of under $100B USD and maybe $50USD in foreign reserves and that needs all the money it can get by selling its oil to fund its growth, I just don't see how such a rate an possibly be supported given the trillions of dinar in circulation. I wish I was wrong, but I don't think I am.

Unfortunately, you aren't wrong. Many people have too much riding on this to see that though. We will still make a decent return WHEN it comes out, just not a wheel barrel full. Unfortunately, there are those that keep fueling the fire of their denial with promises of grandeur. No trustable link = either theory or bs.

• Upvote 3

Ooooooh ! I sooooooo like this post ! Thanks for your opinion slash. Welcome to dinarvets.

Quiet learner. Liked your stance on this also. Helped to provide clarity to some of the other articles I have been reading. Thanks to you both. Hope we r all having a good day. BB x

Hey bro, "Tough bunch to please" is a huge understatement :) I posted the facts of what Shabibi has said and all of a sudden I'm a "pumper" a "speculator" and an "arrogant ass". Why on God's green earth would anyone that owns Dinar not have listened to Shabby-Doo? I guess he must be a pumping speculative arrogant ass also :) He is trying to do what is right for his "new country"...... nothing more, nothing less. Why would he lie??? He wouldn't..... IN MY HUMBLE OPINION. THANK YOU & THANK YOU TO ALL THE NICE PEOPLE WHO DIDN'T RIP ME!!! S~

I think you are confused about what Shabs said. I have in print him saying they will redenominate during his speech in DC. Using my phone now but will paste it for you when I get home. Dont see how 3.00 plus is a possibility seeing how there is near 60 trillion dinar in exsistence. Call me a troll or hater or whatever but those are the actual facts.

Unfortunately, you aren't wrong. Many people have too much riding on this to see that though. We will still make a decent return WHEN it comes out, just not a wheel barrel full. Unfortunately, there are those that keep fueling the fire of their denial with promises of grandeur. No trustable link = either theory or bs.

What about the Gold? You can say whatever you like about the currency and what you are estimating they can cover, but you have not either considered or computated Iraqs Gold. It is backing their currency now. 2.4 grams per dinar signed into law in Parliment and by the Prime Maximus Maliki? How much gold does Iraq have? Answer this question on your own. I allready know the answer. When you find it, your lop logic will fade into the abyss.

Quietlearner

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The Dinar will RV at current competitive mid-east currency values. When it RV's it will be held on a "Regulated Float", which means whatever it RV's at, it can only fluctuate by 2.5%, up or down, every 90 days for 2 years. It will not RV low, then rise quickly because of this fact!!! The Kuwaiti Dinar stands at $3.65 USD. The ONLY conclusion you can come to, and as Shabibi has said, it will RV at around what it was worth before the war. It will RV around the mid 3 dollar range. If you have alot, hold onto some because if it consistently rises by 2.5% every 90 days after the RV, then it will gain a little in a matter of months, but if the mid 3 dollar range is good for you, as it is for me, cash out and become debt free!!! Take the rest and invest in lots of gold & silver!!! GOOD LUCK & GOD BLESS!!! SLASH~

Thanks for this post. My thoughts as well.

What about the Gold? You can say whatever you like about the currency and what you are estimating they can cover, but you have not either considered or computated Iraqs Gold. It is backing their currency now. 2.4 grams per dinar signed into law in Parliment and by the Prime Maximus Maliki? How much gold does Iraq have? Answer this question on your own. I allready know the answer. When you find it, your lop logic will fade into the abyss.

Quietlearner

LInks? Gold is selling at about $57USD/g so 2.4 grams of gold is at least $150USD, why would they be baking each dinar with such an amount and if they are why isn't every Iraqi running to the bank demanding payment in gold? Nor can they possibly have that for the 60T dinars in M2. 60T * 2.4g is 144Tg is 5T oz of gold. The world wide stock pile is estimated to be only ~10B oz (http://www.howstuffworks.com/question213.htm). No offense intended but it doesn't add up.
  • Upvote 1

Iraq is loaded with gold, and I am sure whoever found the gold after invasion only found small portions of it. Go to my gallery, and look at these two photos of gold found during the invasion of Iraq.

I'm skeptical of the photos reality. In the first one I find it suspicious that the pallet is not bending at all under what would normally be several tons of gold. But even if they are real that does not answer the questions I raised. Backing dinars at 2.4g of gold each is a gigantic overvalue even after the most optimistic RV, so that makes no sense. Unless you can provide documentation of this 2.4g/dinar figure I think its just wishful thinking. Again the total worldwide supply of gold is estimated to be something like 10B oz, so for Iraq to have $1.5T USD worth of gold they would have to have 1/10 of the total world supply. That seems very unlikely. And if they did have it, it would be exhausted immediately by an RV of the dinar at 1:1 with the dollar as 1.5T dinars come in for exchange. This would be very bad for Iraq so why wold they do it?

p.s.

Posting in giant blue letters does not make your posts any more accurate or truthful, how about having a little courtesy and respect for your fellow poster and just post like everyone else.

Edited by jg167
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Well, let me say 'this' about 'that'. Personally I come out a winner any way the cookie crumbles, because I find quotes, articles, or rumors entertaining. It's a very pleasant thought that the RV will be in the $3 range, which in turn, creates a domino effect of pleasant thoughts. Even though it may not occurr today, or for all the tomorrows left in my life, I enjoyed the thought....many times over. For me, if RV comes anytime soon, I would be satisfied with a .25 cent revaluation. I may not go totally liquid, but I would cash in some. Even if the "Capital Gains" are taxed at 40 or 50%. And like many have said before me, if it turns out a total bust (for whatever reason) I have the Dinar as a memento, a conversation piece(s) about how I hoped to jump into a pool of prosperity, which in turn, leeds me back to the thought of a $3 RV. Don't worry....be happy!! :-) :-) :-)

Quietlearner

Lop logic...you're funny... I believe jg167 answered that question for me so there is no need for me to reply. Jg167, thank you for your participation on this post. It is good to see someone using actual common sense.

Slash....In your next post, just post the links to the statements you have made, as you promised and then you can be taken a little more seriously. So far you haven't posted a single FACT...only what you believe to be fact. There is a big difference.

• Upvote 1

Thanks.

No Lop, and a re-value of $5.25. It is what it is, and what will be, will be.

There... You became a Guru... Solid Logic and undisputable facts.

I will post any way I please. Why does it bother you so much what way I post? Is it that your theory might just be that, a theory?

It simply distracts from actual content. I also was not offering a theory but merely debunking yours. Your only response so far is to use bigger letters, not all that convincing.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Quietlearner

Sorry, but that was part of the 1976 CBI Law that was replaced March 1, 2004 by the current CBI Law. There was some chatter going on a while back about a new CBI law. It wasn't a new CBI law, it was simply a mis-translation by Google Translate stating the new law repealed the old law. If you used Bing (or some other translators), it stated the 1976 law was repealed by the 2004 law, which happens to also fit with the fact that the CBI has not changed the law they are going by on their site, which is the CBI Law of 2004.

Look at it this way, the current government has been doing all they can in regards to move away from the days of the Baath party control of the country - why would they re-institute a law from that regime after had already passed their own law that went into effect in March 2004? The Baath party took control of Iraq in a coup in 1968, so the 1976 law would have been one from their regime.

The CBI Law of 2004 does not seem to make and statements in regards to the value of gold per ounce.

Iraq is loaded with gold, and I am sure whoever found the gold after invasion only found small portions of it. Go to my gallery, and look at these two photos of gold found during the invasion of Iraq.

I guess you missed the reports that they found out later that those were not gold bars, but simply melted down shell casings.

The U.S. military announced the discovery of truckloads of gold-colored bars in May. One haul was estimated to be worth as much as $500 million, though the driver of the truck insisted the bars were actually copper.

"Analysis of the initial sampling of ingots revealed they were compromised of approximately 64 percent copper and 34 percent zinc. Consultation with metallurgists indicates the bars analyzed to date are most likely melted-down shell casings," the report said.

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=20030802&slug=iraqnotes02

An additional 1,100 gold-colored metal bars were recovered in Iraq. They are being secured in Iraq while a random sample is being brought to Kuwait to assay. Analysis of the initial sampling of ingots revealed they were comprised of approximately 64 percent copper and 34 percent zinc. Consultation with metallurgists indicates the bars analyzed to date are most likely melted-down shell casings. The total number of metal bars recovered is now 4,450. All the bars currently located at Camp Arifjan are being sent to Baghdad, where they most likely will be stored within one of the Ministry of Industry and Materials facilities until their final disposition is determined.

http://www.govexec.com/pdfs/recon.pdf

Here's a couple more links that basically state the same thing, that what was originally thought to be a lot of value in gold, was nothing but melted down shell casings.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/08/02/world/all-bars-that-glitter-in-iraq-are-not-gold.html

http://articles.latimes.com/2003/aug/02/world/fg-gold2

Edited by HopefulTxn