Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

DOES ANYBODY REALLY KNOW WHATS UP CHAPTER 7

zigmeister

I have had a pissy kind of day....started with walking the dogs. I missed the big meeting with the UN and all I can tell is Iraq still needs more military assistance and understandably after a suicide bomber in a bank, apparently that is true. Chapter 7 was extended or parts of it. So what was the big deal with this Chapter 7 in the first place? I am a self centered jerk perhaps, but what does that have to do with the Dinar RV? Its like watching a movie and not getting the plot because there is no plot! <_<

I have had a pissy kind of day....started with walking the dogs. I missed the big meeting with the UN and all I can tell is Iraq still needs more military assistance and understandably after a suicide bomber in a bank, apparently that is true. Chapter 7 was extended or parts of it. So what was the big deal with this Chapter 7 in the first place? I am a self centered jerk perhaps, but what does that have to do with the Dinar RV? Its like watching a movie and not getting the plot because there is no plot! <_<

I would also like to know what happened with the chap 7 sanctions? Still can't seem to find any data on it. Zigmeister, in my VERY limited understanding, the way I see it is that Iraq's currency cannot go international until the Chap 7 sanctions are lifted. Can't realy RV without being able to have currency that can go international and be listed on the forex. If this isn't accurate someone feel free to correct me.

ONLY OKIE KNOWS...

Got this from an email sent to me by a friend:

OKAY . . . JUST ON HERE FOR A SHORT WHILE . . . THEY WERE CLOSED DOOR MEETINGS TODAY [Thursday – 07/28] . . . THAT YOU DON'T NEED TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT . . . THESE MEETINGS WERE ALL ON OUR BEHALF . . . AND . . . 'YES' . . . MALIKI IS IN WASHINGTON D.C. SIGNING PAPERS NECESSARY FOR YOU AND I . . . UNDERSTAND . . . I CAN'T MAKE THINGS ANY SIMPLER THAN THAT . . . AND . . . 'YES' . . . CONTRARY TO WHAT YOU SEEK . . . AND CANNOT FIND ON THE INTERNET . . . NOT ALL INFORMATION IS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC . . . 'YES' . . . CHAPTER VII WAS LIFTED . . . TIME WILL PROVE THAT STATEMENT . . . YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME TRYING TO PROVE EVERYTHING BY DOCUMENTATION . . . BECAUSE THE CONTENTS OF SOME AGREEMENTS BETWEEN GOVERNMENTS ARE STRICTLY PRIVATE

Sorry for the pissy day Mr. Zig...............Unami.....United Nations Assistance Mission Iraq......................The only military assistance they are gonna get is training from th US............But that keeps us in Iraq for a longer period of time and that's what our government wants.....................as we need to keep a closer eye on Iran. If Iran was stupid enough to attack Iraq then of course we would be more than happy to respond........If we have any money for bullets.

Today Chap 7 was not lifted.rather the Unami mission was extended for a period of UP to one year. That was expected anyway...........Took all of three minutes to approve that extension. Now as for Unami they are the UN's presence on the ground in Iraq and if they were to complete their mission early they would be withdrawn.............the mission was extended but it could end if all parties agreed to do so. The meetring today was mere housekeeping..........not the release of Chap 7.

Chapter 7 is a big deal............If 7 were lifted you would have your RV............at least from all I have read on the subject and that's a lotto reading...............Better to nresearch these issues than to led around by the nose by some alleged guru............. None the less it is a big deal and Iraq has been on the Chapter 7 ride longer than any other one country in history and until they are freed from those sanctions they are still gonna be at the behest of the UN Security Council.

The exact reason Sadaam used as his excuse to invade Kuwait was Sadaam's insistence that Kuwait wanted Iraqi land and the oil under it. That issue is still in doubt and Iraq has insisted that the US and UN has a moral obligation to make sure the borders between Iraq and Kuwait be set by them and not Kuwait who they accuse to this very day of encroaching on their land and resources. It's still not over and it will remain a huge sticking point till it is. That is the borders on land and sea. Kuwait was brutally invaded and they want their pound of flesh......I don't blame them...........Anybody ever invades Texas will get the same treament or a lot worse as we all have guns and we will use them. YeeHaa!!! Till the Kuwaiti's get that pound of flesh Chapter 7 will exist. Doesn't matter if they,(Kuwaiti's), are right or wrong they have the sympathy of the UNSC and till they are satisfied or as long as Iraq is under sanctions the Kuwaiti's have an advantage over Iraq and they will use that advantage in anyway they can to benefit their interests. Personally I don't think the Kuwaiti's are in a big hurry to have Iraq released from sanctions for that reason alone.but that is only my opinion.

IMO they can RV while still under Chapter 7.............That is only my opinion as I have not yet read of any proof as to whether they can or cannot RV while under sanctions; But it would seem that they are gonna need their money sorted out before they can become international as a full fledged nation free of their past. To me that seems logical.............They do need a military.......they also need their currency just as much. But again the caveat is Iraq itself...........Who can figure what they are gonna do.....so far nobody.especially Okie. lol sorry.......Well he's never been right before so why would he right about Iraq being lifted out of 7 as he stated again today................Chapter 7 is still in effect. For more info on todays Unami meeting go to the UN wbb site for verification. It completely repudiates Okie's claim of 7 being lifted...........But then his opinion is his alone and I pay no attention to his opinion with exception of helping out the confused peeps that got that way from listening to his opinion in the first place............I hope I was of service and GLTY.

• Upvote 6

CH7 isent needed for a RV......think about it.....the dinar has devalued and revalued all being under CH7 so you tell me why the value can't rise more?

keepmwlknfny, I see where you are coming from. I'm no expert, but the sanctions on Iraq necessary for Iraq to become an internationally recognized country were lifted on December 16th 2010. It's up to Iraq to move into that realm. They were given the right to have an internationally traded currency at that time. They were given full control of the DFI and oil proceeds at that time. The extention is more about security and IMO a deterence for Iranian control. I have to admit Iraq has allowed Iran to stir the pot and the UN reacted. The cooalition government still not formed after more than a 16 months is still a huge problem. Now, Kuwait was paid some restitution but not the amount, mandated by sanctions. In your opinion, don't you think it would be easier to pay Kuwait post revaluation of currency rather than before? If Iraq has a total of 28 trillion Dinar and the redenominate to 28 Billion, how can they even meet their budget and pay a fraction of their debt? This is just a question I have. If you can shed some light It would be much appreciated. :)

December 16, 2010

UN Security Council Votes to Lift Key Sanctions on Iraq

The United Nations Security Council voted on Wednesday to lift certain sanctions on Iraq that were intended to prevent Iraq from developing nuclear weapons. The lifting of sanctions will allow Iraq to develop nuclear power plants for civilian use. The UNSC also voted to restore control to Iraq over how it chooses to spend revenues derived from its oil sales, after several years of international control. Iraqis celebrated the restoration of their sovereignty and independence.

http://lawprofessors.typepad.com/international_law/2010/12/un-security-council-votes-to-lift-key-sanctions-on-iraq.html

• Upvote 1

keepmwlknfny, I see where you are coming from. I'm no expert, but the sanctions on Iraq necessary for Iraq to become an internationally recognized country were lifted on December 16th 2010. It's up to Iraq to move into that realm. They were given the right to have an internationally traded currency at that time. They were given full control of the DFI and oil proceeds at that time. The extention is more about security and IMO a deterence for Iranian control. I have to admit Iraq has allowed Iran to stir the pot and the UN reacted. The cooalition government still not formed after more than a 16 months is still a huge problem. Now, Kuwait was paid some restitution but not the amount, mandated by sanctions. In your opinion, don't you think it would be easier to pay Kuwait post revaluation of currency rather than before? If Iraq has a total of 28 trillion Dinar and the redenominate to 28 Billion, how can they even meet their budget and pay a fraction of their debt? This is just a question I have. If you can shed some light It would be much appreciated. :)

December 16, 2010

UN Security Council Votes to Lift Key Sanctions on Iraq

The United Nations Security Council voted on Wednesday to lift certain sanctions on Iraq that were intended to prevent Iraq from developing nuclear weapons. The lifting of sanctions will allow Iraq to develop nuclear power plants for civilian use. The UNSC also voted to restore control to Iraq over how it chooses to spend revenues derived from its oil sales, after several years of international control. Iraqis celebrated the restoration of their sovereignty and independence.

http://lawprofessors...ns-on-iraq.html

The sanctions you are speaking of havent kept the dinar from being internationally traded.......this is something that is controlled by the CBI I believe(I could be wrong).since they control the monetary policy, why wouldnt they make the desicions on whether to let the dinar be traded openly?? It could also have to do with other countries accepting Iraq, what it stands for, and its currency......

The way I see it, is that there also must be a demand for it.....the dinar has no use outside of Iraq so whats the purpose of anyone else taking it?? Now if it starts trading on forex then thats a different story.....that could drive demand for the currency and create a market for the dinar to exist outside of Iraq...until then, what would be the point?

As far as money being paid to Kuwait, it wont matter eitherway (before or after) because the funds that they are giving to Kuwait are from the oil sales (which are in USD) so that tells me that they are paying Kuwait USD for these reperations......

• Upvote 1

CH7 isent needed for a RV......think about it.....the dinar has devalued and revalued all being under CH7 so you tell me why the value can't rise more?

This may be true. But they still need to pass the new HCL so the regions know what percentage of oil revenue they will receive. If I remember, Al-Maliki agreed last year to give the Kurds 17 % and the Kurds turned that down.. The soap opera continues.. Keepm, november = mw3. can't wait..

This may be true. But they still need to pass the new HCL so the regions know what percentage of oil revenue they will receive. If I remember, Al-Maliki agreed last year to give the Kurds 17 % and the Kurds turned that down.. The soap opera continues.. Keepm, november = mw3. can't wait..

mw3-895239.jpeg

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think that the HCL is important of course for them to agree on....but why do you think that its also necessary to complete before they RV?? Unless I am missing something completely, Im not sure I can see how that would hold up the RV either.....

First off if this is revenue from the sale of oil, would they not also be getting USD?? I guess this all goes back to the DFI.....those funds are in USD as well so is this USD being exchanged for dinar before it gets to anyone?? They get a freakin ton of USD flowing into the country which I can see why they sell so much in the auctions so maybe it is being transfered into dinar before reaching the different regions......

But again, how would that restrict them from raising the value of the currency?? Its been rising already since the dinar bottomed out years ago.....

PS. I CANT FREAKIN WAIT FOR MW3!!! LOL

Edited by keepmwlknfny

I don't see anything from yesterday's meeting clear on wether or not it was completely lifted, but back in December this article came out along with a couple others CBI stating economic sanctions were lifted and Kuwait would NOT affect economics

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ar&tl=en&u=http://www.alfayhaa.tv/news/iraq/47626.html&prev=hp&rurl=www.translate.google.com

They just paid Kuwait 1 billion or so, imo there is still a chance for this to happen regardless of UNAMI meeting.